It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes We (still) Can?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Obama... bottom line.

Obama signs NDAA into law

Ron Paul 2012!!!

Ron Paul pleads with supporters to fight CISPA and internet censorship
edit on 21-5-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

CONSERVATIVES BLOCK REPEAL OF INDEFINITE DETENTION

Enjoy your allegiance -

Isn't that Ron Paul's Party???

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
All I know under Bush

I could get a credit card with a 10K limit
and gas was 2.50$ a gallon

under obama
no credit
4.50$ a gallon
NDAA

I do love when people show how little they understand how things work.

You know why there is no credit now? Because there was a CC with a 10K limit out there for everyone under Bush. You know why gas is 4.50? Because the dollar is so damaged that it isnt worth as much anymore.

I know plenty, (nice Drug use reference in your user name btw) Anyways... I'm just breaking it down to terms of my lifestyle and why I'm voting for who.... instead of going back 4 years, and blaming someone else... I'm voting for which party created greater opportunities for me...

I wouldn't have been able to start my side business under Obama because I needed capital. My taxes increased, I have more regulations under obama...

Yeah I think i'll stick with the GOP

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

All I know under Bush

under obama
no credit
4.50$ a gallon
NDAA

Bull crap GAS, was $4.50 the summer of 2008

NDAA was just reaffirmed by the GOP who voted in mass to keep it -

95% -

The DEMS voted to get rid of it,
so...

good luck

If you think the economy was worse before Obama took office then I suspect you’re watching entirely too much MSM these days!

According the the Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration, gasoline prices are currently averaging about $3.87 per gallon. When Obama was elected in November 2008, they were at about $2.40 and had been falling rapidly.
link

Yes gas was falling rapidly, just like the economy, do you remember that???
Economic free fall, nearly a million jobs a month being shed, smart guy.

You guys are too much, I don't think this level of dishonesty will be rewarded,
you guys are WORSE than politicians.
edit on 21-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Actually that's because the fearless leader has introduced 6 trillion new fiat currency in to the system via qe 1,2,3,

Blah.

The price of gas goes by the national average meaning some state have higher prices some states have lower prices one dude crying gas is 4.50 is not indicative of the national average.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Buying what?

Obama’s lies!!

ALL presidents have told lies and broken promises. If we used that criteria to elect our presidents, we wouldn't elect ANYONE. And as my signature used to read: I'd rather have 4 more years of Obama's "broken promises" than take the chance that the GOP might keep theirs...

I bet you would!

Well, then you're going to be REALLY bummed after this election!

I haven’t stopped being bummed since he was elected….I’m used to it!

Oh, so NOW we see the real purpose of this thread: "Don't vote for Obama, vote for MY choice, Ron Paul!"

Ron Paul isn’t my choice…Thanks!

I was pointing out that RP’s not a flip flopper, which seems to be the only thing negative anyone bashing Romney can say about him. The similarities between Romney and Obama are shocking with regard to flip flopping and big money backers. Obama supporters calling Romney a flip flopper with big corporate backers is ridiculous and hypocritical.

Well, you get to think whatever you want, even when you're wrong. That video represents exactly ONE person, and you're using your videos to color all Obama supporters as system leeches and cult worshipers. You couldn't be more wrong. They tried that propaganda in 2008, too, and it didn't work then, either.

Free healthcare?? Free College?? Guaranteed home loans?? Longer unemployment benefits? More welfare??

Ya, you’re right. Obama supporters don’t want anything!

I don't justify my vote to anyone.

Of course not…because you can’t justify a vote for such a failure and such failed policies.

I think he's the best choice. He's certainly better than Ron Paul or Romney.

Based on WHAT exactly??

To each his own…

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

All I know under Bush

under obama
no credit
4.50$ a gallon
NDAA

I do love when people show how little they understand how things work.

You know why there is no credit now? Because there was a CC with a 10K limit out there for everyone under Bush. You know why gas is 4.50? Because the dollar is so damaged that it isnt worth as much anymore.

I know plenty, (nice Drug use reference in your user name btw) Anyways... I'm just breaking it down to terms of my lifestyle and why I'm voting for who.... instead of going back 4 years, and blaming someone else... I'm voting for which party created greater opportunities for me...

I wouldn't have been able to start my side business under Obama because I needed capital. My taxes increased, I have more regulations under obama...

Yeah I think i'll stick with the GOP

1)You obviously dont know all that much. Im not sure what "drug reference" you are referring to, but my name is taken from a viral youtube video from a few years ago. This really has become the tactic on ATS these days...cant refute what is said, so I am going to make an empty accusation about the poster.

2)You are missing the point. the Bush admin did not create better oppurtunites for anyone. It put out the illusion that things were better, which has ended up getting us where we are. Looking at things only in short-term intervals will doom us to continue to repeat this foolishness. If you truly cannot connect that each president is handcuffed by that which came before it, you are truly lost. And if we are really going to look at it from a "this time period was the most prosperous", wouldnt that back voting Democrat, considering that the economy was the best its ever been under Clinton?

link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

The old lesser of two evils spiel...

I've got news for you; the lesser of two evils is still evil. What would you care though?

IMO one who claims to be a liberal (compassion for the oppressed) but yet shamelessly uses the mentally handicapped as some kind of sick insult lacks any and all compassion. That kind of individual is just revealing their true nature for all to see.

That is not someone who would ever be able to sway my vote or opinion.

link   

That was the fear that Obama was going to take over actually... Late 2008, think hard about it... Bush was in office for 8 years, and gas spiked his last quarter in office...

Funny how things turned to crap in 2006 right after the Democrats took over control in the House and Senate.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

yes I'm aware of the video.. However that was originally a drug term... Google it, I dare you!

and second... Neo made a point, things went to crap after the democrats took over

way to go... You proved me right

enjoy Romney 2012`

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Keystone pipeline: Southern portion should be expedited, Obama says

Is Obama caving in ?

Or is this political pressure ?

Or, is this a campaign tactic ?

Or, is it just plain common sense ?

3/21/12 5:21 PM EDT -- Politico

CUSHING, Okla. — President Barack Obama will use Thursday’s visit to Oklahoma to announce that he's ordered federal agencies to get on the horse to approve the southern part of the Keystone XL pipeline, the White House announced.

Obama will issue an executive order on federal permitting of infrastructure projects, "which will require agencies to make faster permitting and review decisions for vital infrastructure projects while protecting the health and vitality of local communities and the environment," the White House said.....
Obama Pipe line ?

from MSNBC

A Democratic aide on Capitol Hill has confirmed to NBC News that Democrats were notified that President Obama will announce that his administration will hasten the permit process for the southern portion of the Keystone XL pipeline during his visit to Cushing, Okla., Thursday.

A White House official would not confirm the reports and would only say, "On Thursday the President will reiterate his administration’s commitment to expediting the construction of a pipeline from Cushing, Oklahoma to the Gulf of Mexico, relieving a bottleneck of oil and bringing domestic resources to market."

But Republicans were quick to lash out. Brendan Buck, a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner said: "This is like a governor personally issuing a fishing license...There is only a minor, routine permit needed for this leg of the project. Only a desperate administration would inject the President of the United States into this trivial matter. The President’s attempt to take credit for a pipeline he blocked and personally lobbied Congress against is staggering in its dis-ingenuousness. This portion of the pipeline is being built in spite of the President, not because of him.’”...
MSNBC Article

I thought I read recently that some construction already started anyway ?

In January, Republicans attached the Keystone XL Oil pipeline into legislation that would extend the payroll tax cut. The Obama administration denied the permit for the pipeline (which would extend from Canada to the Gulf Coast) saying there wasn't time to conduct an environmental review.

In February, TransCanada, the company behind Keystone, announced plans to build the southern portion of the pipeline which does not require the same type of presidential permit because it does not cross a border.

Then ......... White House threatens veto of highway bill over Keystone pipeline provision

edit on May-21-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

yes I'm aware of the video.. However that was originally a drug term... Google it, I dare you!

and second... Neo made a point, things went to crap after the democrats took over

way to go... You proved me right

enjoy Romney 2012`

why do i even bother...the discourse on this site has sunken to a middleschool level...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

The old lesser of two evils spiel...

I've got news for you; the lesser of two evils is still evil. What would you care though?

IMO one who claims to be a liberal (compassion for the oppressed) but yet shamelessly uses the mentally handicapped as some kind of sick insult lacks any and all compassion. That kind of individual is just revealing their true nature for all to see.

That is not someone who would ever be able to sway my vote or opinion.

I am not looking to sway anything - I changed my avatar to nice inbred meth freak, are you happy?

You know nothing of my true nature, if you think a persons sense of humor correlates to the
good they do in the world then you are certainly a shallow human being. My avatar was a political
statement, yet you claim to support Ron Paul, yet you chastise me for expressing my 1st amendment
right, that is an interesting dynamic.

I do not think Obama is evil, I think the GOP and their public relation department have done
a very effective hit job on him which has been four years in the making and absolutely brilliant.

Why don't you ask why Ron Paul associates with a party that affirmed to uphold indefinite
detention???

Using your lesser of two evils mantra he has a problem too doesn't he?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's hilarious that Obama couldnt get a single dem. to vote for his budget

Guess there is no loyalty in the Democrat party right now...

How do you not get a single vote

your party must not like you, or they are trying to dis-associate themselves for re-election... I wouldn't want to be a democrat right now

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

That was the fear that Obama was going to take over actually... Late 2008, think hard about it... Bush was in office for 8 years, and gas spiked his last quarter in office...

Funny how things turned to crap in 2006 right after the Democrats took over control in the House and Senate.

Its funny how the GOP turn a budget surplus into a massive deficit right after they took
office in 2000

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The economy began its most drastic freefall in November of 08’ (when Obama got elected) on fears of the policies to come.

Remember that??

Nice try at spinning but the time of blaming Bush is long over.

This is Obama’s performance…OWN IT!!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

The economy began its most drastic freefall in November of 08’ (when Obama got elected) on fears of the policies to come.

Remember that??

Nice try at spinning but the time of blaming Bush is long over.

This is Obama’s performance…OWN IT!!

Wait.. Didn't Obama get elected in 2008???

Oh yeah, everyone was running for the hills... I remember that day after he got elected...Gun sales went up.. people got scared...

it was mass panic

yeah, cant wait for things to get a little less "liberal" around here (meaning the USA)
edit on 21-5-2012 by DrNotforhire because: clarification = making things more clarified!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I have no issue with your first amendment right. I have that same right and I exercised it, it worked.

Thank you. Civility works every time.

Ron Paul's voting record speaks for itself. He does not, nor has he ever marched in lockstep with his party. He has my respect and my vote for that very reason. I do not question his integrity.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

There was no surplus and you know it no budget no surplus with a 6 trillion dollar deficit and stole straight from social security.

Keep peddling liberal lies.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It's hilarious that Obama couldnt get a single dem. to vote for his budget

Guess there is no loyalty in the Democrat party right now...

How do you not get a single vote

your party must not like you, or they are trying to dis-associate themselves for re-election... I wouldn't want to be a democrat right now

It would be better to be a "conservative" who is voting for Romney even though he is a "liberal"

You guys are like sheep - they manipulate you and you do exactly what they plan

You couldn't manipulate a five year old better with candy

Have you checked out the electoral map BTW?

Good luck on electing Gordon Gecko, you'll need the power of Jesus

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

No offense, but I'm now counting Ron Paul as a fringe candidate... He is wrong by staying in the race this late, and if Obama wins, it's his fault for splitting the vote!

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join