It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Police Brutality Against Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
www.ustream.tv...=t.co&utm_source=264637&utm_medium=social

Here we go. Round 1 cops vs protesters. It seems alot of footage coming in on police brutality. I will update and appreciate any contributions as they come in.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Tweet from @occupywallStNyc

Occupy Wall Street ‏@OccupyWallStNYC The #CPD are running over our comrades with police vans. It's go time friends. Stay tuned. #PoliceBrutality #Solidarity #TakeTheStreets Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Epic Photo

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I wish people would remember a few bad eggs at a protest isn't cause to dismiss the protest in its entirety. Most of these people aren't out there to cause problems. They want change in the only way that will get people to listen, there are plenty of people knowing they may be beaten and/or arrested. I applaud them for their effort.

The only reason I won't drive to Chicago tomorrow and participate is because I know I will be arrested for participating in a peaceful protest. The way I am I wouldn't take anything going against my right to protest. Which means I would be arrested. They call it defying orders, I call it standing my ground.

So heres to the protesters. Doing the job many are afraid or flat out unwilling to do. You guys are the heroes out there trying to make the world a better place.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I check in on livestream/ustream a lot but those people's feed are laggy or bad quality a lot of times. It would be great if a major tv network made a channel with 24/7 live feed from protesters/rallies/event. It would make for a fascinating watch.

eta: oh yeah I saw that video earlier and heard about the police statement where they said something a long the lines of "we hit someone?" As-if they really didn't know. lol
edit on 20-5-2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

I agree with you. It takes alot of courage to stand up and protest knowing full well they will be arrested and
/or possibly hurt. My heart goes out to the peaceful protesters and hopefully more people will start listening. Most of these people are peaceful and are out there taking it for the rest of us that cant be there.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I wish MSM was down there reporting the truth as it happens. Let the country see it all in the raw and real time.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Tweet from michael moore

Michael Moore ‏@MMFlint Reports from Chicago tonight that the #OWS live stream equipment was destroyed by cops as Timcast and others held at gunpoint. Retweeted by Occupy Wall Street Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Awe I missed something awesome!? I was watching timcast no longer than an hour ago. I stopped watching when he was at his car with some female.

eta:His feed is still going timcast
edit on 20-5-2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...

There were a few intense moments has protesters clad in black began shoving. Police responded by striking them with clubs.

chicago.cbslocal.com...

There were hundreds of police swarming the area, including officers lined up eight-deep in full riot gear. One witness told CBS 2 that some of the officers were laughing at an injured protester.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Heres an ATS thread of this police bullying taking place live

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=842479

new topics

top topics

join