It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a crime to hate the US?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Narcissous
Is it a crime to hate the US?

I would hope not... as such would pretty much nullify the first amendment. Although that hasn't stopped politicians from trying in the past.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Americans didn't elect the POTUS...never have.

Without sources, that's no more than an unsubstantiated claim.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Our Founding Fathers thought we should have recourse to tyranny in government which is why they endeavored to allow us free speech(to criticize tyrannical laws and actions) but it against the law to commit treasonous acts against the State(for instance putting explosive devices in govt buildings and selling classfied documents to foreign countries).

Does that clear things up a bit?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Those in the know, know. Show me sources where fed elections are legit.You can't because they aren't. Being on ATS and doing research, you should already know this.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It is not a crime, but I would argue that it is unnecessary.

Americans are their own worst enemies in most respects. At least in the past, there was an enormous degree of altruism within the collective nature of the country. Unfortunately, it was said altruism which primarily tended to get it into trouble, when it began to "go abroad in search of monsters to destroy," in direct contradiction of the words of John Adams.

America as a country should also not be entirely blamed for the degree of damage that it has wrought upon the world. The country has been hijacked, and is being used by the proverbial cabal as their chosen instrument, in attempting to bludgeon or otherwise manipulate the world into a state of global, perpetual, irremovable human slavery.

There are many Americans on this forum who often do exemplify the very worst elements of the nature of their country; but just because they do so, does not mean that more positive elements do not exist. America sadly, more than anything else, is a country with beautiful myths, and a much less beautiful reality, both historically and in the present. My avatar on this forum, represents a period of my life where my own political standpoint was adamantly in line with that of the framers of the Constitution; but as I was to discover, to my later sorrow, that was primarily because I had not yet learned the sort of men that said framers really were.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame,
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

-- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

America is a country of immense contrasts. If you look for the literal vanguard of Hell, you will find it, for it can well be argued that America serves that role in the current time. If you look, however, for the opposite, the proverbial shining house on the hill, which is the way its' own citizens have always wanted to see their country, you will find that also.

Superman has not died; though he has, perhaps, currently gone into hiding.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Narcissous

No, it is not a crime to hate America. In fact, that is a deep core value of Americans themselves, dissent against the status quo. It is indoctrinated into our very republic and that is what made us as American as we are, just about every American teenager is rebellious to any kind of authority. The very idea of liberty means some dissent against authority. To be American is to be rebellious, which I'm ashamed to say that lately it doesn't appear to be happening much, but there are sparks here and there. Sometimes throughout our history humanity has gone through certain "progressive" stages, this is just aching to happen right now and it probably will sometime in the near future.

The beauty of the free world is that it is not a crime to oppose it.
edit on 13-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It is a crime to hate the US. Dont you know that under the 21st century newspeak laws, hate was outlawed?

Hate speech is, outside the law, any communication that disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race, color, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or other characteristic.

Hate speech

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
First off let me say that I am one of the "patriotic ats'ers" that you mentioned, however if hating America is a crime well then I better go into hiding, get an alias, and change my appearance because I would receive the death penalty for the amount of hatred I have for America.

I love the land I live in but damn I hate my country. I don't hate my fellow citizens or my nations heritage, I simply hate what America does. The hypocrisy and lies, the corruption, the whole sum of what America stands for anymore.

We go to other countries and forcefully invade them and topple their governments in the name of "freedom" and "democracy" yet at the same time the American government is at war with the freedoms of their own citizens.

The American government will roll out the red carpet so to speak and provide all sorts of entitlements to people who come here from other countries, legally or not, while the vets whom served to protect this nation often live on the streets and go without.

The American government forcefully steals from its citizens in the form of taxation just to send that money to foreign nations, many of which would love to see us destroyed, because those people in those nations "deserve" a better life.

The American government speaks out and condemns leaders of foreign nations for human rights violations yet the government here commits violations that are much worse in many instances everyday. Been noticing the increase in police brutality stories on the news?

The American government has enacted numerous "free trade laws" that have shipped millions of jobs oversees in the name of lowering consumer pricing yet all it has done is lower consumer incomes and create higher unemployment.

The American government is responsible for countless wars and literally hundreds of thousands of deaths in the name of "national security" when it was all done for corporate greed and power.

And the list goes on.........

Whether it is a crime or not I hate the American government for what it stands for and its oppressions against people all around the world. It wouldn't surprise me if eventually it became a crime to hate America, hell almost everything else is a crime here anymore. If it does become a crime then all I can say is we need a lot more criminals here when that law takes effect.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Of course we all know that hatred of America is in no way illegal, however, the preaching of hatred should certainly be illegal, not just against Americans but against anybody. unfortunately there is a very blurry line between talking about why you hate something and preaching hatred.

I think the real question is, is hating America morally right? hatred just breeds hatred. I don't hate Americans. At the end of the day we're all just humans, each and every one of us is different and without respect for these differences...well...we're no better than the people who do preach hatred.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ozig1

however, the preaching of hatred should certainly be illegal, not just against Americans but against anybody.

I beg to differ, it shouldnt. Hate is a legitimate emotion that should be freely expressed, fully protected under freedom of expression.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
As an American, you would be less free to say that you hate your country. Either you would have scores of patriotic psychos after you, or, if you were too vocal about it, you would have some random government agent trying to bait you into becoming a terrorist.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Don't you mean those radicals that your government funded and trained into existence? There wouldn't be a terrorism problem in the first place if it wasn't for the "Bigger D ck" foreign policy at work. "What? They have bigger d cks? Bomb them!"

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Narcissous

"Is it a crime to hate the US?"

I dunno. Is it a crime to hate the Middle East? North Korea? China, Russia?

If you HAD to choose one of these places to live in (U.S. included), which would you choose?
We may suck, but I'm pretty sure we suck the least.

I'd live in Australia.

They suck the least.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I know you don't mean citizens so much, but if you define most anyone by their governments actions, you find the world a sad lonely place.
I don't think it's a crime but it probably makes you someone to watch....

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
As distasteful as I find fellow Americans who only choose to discuss what they perceive to be the evils of America, as far as I'm concerned, you should be able to hate it all you want. In my eyes there is no crime there. But if you do hate America and voice your opinion about it don't be surprised when you're refuted.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I don't think it's a crime myself.

But if you don't have anything to back it up, and are just saying junk because everybody else is doing it, then I'm not going to take you seriously.

Because usually when people start bashing the USA they usually don't fully understand how we do things, or are just going by what they see on their TV. There is often a lot of generalizations of Americans ebcause of what our leaders do, because they can't understand that our leaders don't give a damned about the little people, they only follow orders from their corporate masters, both major parties.

A good example of this is when people start complaining about how Americans voted for Former President Bush. For some strange reason I can't understand, they tend to think that everyone must have voted for him. This is just one example.

America isn't perfect right now and it's in the throes of becoming a tyrannical fascist state. It's only a matter of time.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well this is a good question.

Americans have basically allowed their government to outrightly OWN them lock, stock and barrel. They will not admit it but they are the most owned citizens of the so called free world.

The US government has them all listed by a sequence of numbers from the day they are born and a numerical value is attached to them. This numerical value changes depending on circumstances, schooling, Uni, job and taxable income and property ownership till the day they die and then their marker is paid in Death tax. The state then swarms round to see if there is anything they can feesably pry from a dead citizens grasp one last time.

So being property of the US of A each citizen of the US can not really stand up in public and say "i hate the USA". With their patriot BS law they will immediately be branded homegrown terrorists by the government, and by their fellow gullible, tv brainwashed, fake and ignorant fellow Americans they will be vilified as if they had raped someones daughter.

SO is it a crime, not directly but indirectly they will suffer a life pain.

The US has sealed its own fate and all its citizens have stood by, raised that god damn ugly flag of theirs and HELPED their own government torture, kill and rape its very own property, the US CITIZEN.

Being property of the STATES you are bound by an invisible law that deems all those who are opposed are TERRORISTS and UN- Patriotic and must be reeducated or confined indefinitely.

The average American does not even know what patriotism means anymore. They think flying their flag outside their 110% mortgaged houses and letting their kids be molested and forced to recited the stupid pledge of Allegiance means they are proper PATRIOTS. They don't realize that FIGHTING against the oppressive government tooth and nail is far more PATRIOTIC and far more honorable. The US citizen thinks of all the TV he/she will miss out on, the fun family barbques, the sex, the things THEY can OWN and use all that to justify to themselves that doing nothing is OK.

But they still can't stand up and say "I hate the US".....they FEAR everything and anything that can disrupt their crappy lives and their LCD tv's.

When a company is so battered and its public image is so torn sometimes a RE-BRANDING takes places. The US certainly need this now more than ever....So standing up and saying "I hate the US" might just save them from eventual doom.

Everything in the US is a crime now. Especially saying you hate the US.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
It is a crime to hate the US. Dont you know that under the 21st century newspeak laws, hate was outlawed?

Hate speech is, outside the law, any communication that disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race, color, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or other characteristic.

Hate speech

Well then it is a crime to hate TERRORISTS and CRIMINALS after all they are characteristics, people, humans. And as most terrorists seem to be Islamic its a double hate whammy for them.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
No its not illegal but how could you hate an individual with multiple personality disorder. We haven't been the UNITED States for a long time we all have completely different priorities. The only time we mostly agree on something its usually some BS or false flag our elite and the MSM has cooked up. So until "We the people" get our priorities in order and take back our government feel free to hate on us all you want.

P.S. We the citizens are the government. We nominated and elected these knuckleheads it's our fault they're in office we deserve the hate.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcytaBill
No its not illegal but how could you hate an individual with multiple personality disorder. We haven't been the UNITED States for a long time we all have completely different priorities. The only time we mostly agree on something its usually some BS or false flag our elite and the MSM has cooked up. So until "We the people" get our priorities in order and take back our government feel free to hate on us all you want.

P.S. We the citizens are the government. We nominated and elected these knuckleheads it's our fault they're in office we deserve the hate.

Now this guy here...HE is a PATRIOTIC. He sees the problem and sees the solution.
I like this post!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join