It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amber Alert issued for 2 girls abducted by Shoreline stabbing suspect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

THE EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM WENT OFF FOR REAL HERE!!!

www.king5.com

The King County Sheriff's Office says two young girls, ages 3 and 7, were abducted by their mother after she allegedly stabbed their father in Shoreline Thursday morning
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3-5-2012 by Maxmars because: PLEASE USE THE EXACT TITLE FROM YOUR BREAKING NEWS SOURCE. - FIXED ALL CAPS

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I thought the national broadcasting system was ONLY used for national crises but I was just playing my PS Vita watching TV and out of nowhere we got an EMERGENCY BROADCAST, except it said EMERGENCY ALERT. And they went on to tell everybody in King County that 2 children just got abducted by a 28 year old. I've never seen this real before and although this is a tragedy I thought the EBS was made spedicially for national broadcasting emergencies. Have any of you ever had this happen before? I thought it was strictly national like EVERYBODY got it at the same time in the country, but I guess they could do it state wide or even county wide. These kids must have been abducted in front of witnesses and the police really must think they can get this person for them to take over all our TVs over here at once... crazy.

Actually after reading it over again the police said it happened during the morning so why would they play this during 2:20 in the afternoon???

www.king5.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I just heard that too...... something about two Native American kids being abducted.......... and they do broadcast it nationally as part of the amber alert.

They will keep broadcasting it until the kids are either found or it goes to a "cold case"
edit on 3-5-2012 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Really?? Why are they reporting this just now? Why did they wait? And I'm having a hard time believing everybody in the country saw it since it's local

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s

out of nowhere we got an EMERGENCY BROADCAST, except it said EMERGENCY ALERT.

Not sure why this is shocking to you.
When referring to abducted children, it is usually referred to as 'Amber Alert'.

That's what they call it around here, anyways.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s

Really?? Why are they reporting this just now? Why did they wait?

Better late, than never?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thats because the alert system is all set up for Local and Nation wide emergencies........

Thats why tornado alerts and storm warnings in the area you are in , when they come on the alert service, dont broadcast to the whole nation........

Its nothing new.........

Amber Alerts were added to this system many years ago

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It is an Amber Alert! Geesh, It isn't that big of a deal. Probably only people in your state saw it. My weather station broadcasts them all the time. I also get a ticker on local stations with them. I actually am glad that they started doing this for missing children. Helps get the word out to find those kids quick.

BTW, you might take the caps lock off of your title. I thought it was a freaking disaster or something.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Whoa, i so rarely have the television on that i would have never know that this happened only a few miles from me! Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
oh no the world is ending!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It happens allot hear in central Texas. I think they just use these abductions as a excuse to test out the systems with out freaking every one out while at the same time making people fell a fauls scenes of security.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
LoL sorry for all the caps maybe I just wanted attention! jk I've just never seen it before and when it popped up and I heard the guy talking I hoping something.... more beneficial was happening, or important...

(Kinda hoping the dude was going to mention something like Minnesota just succeded from the Union) lol

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
As great as secession would be this is an extremely pertinent issue, child abduction and molestation are RAMPANT in our state. There are many reasons and I think it bears discussion. With all due respect I dont think it should be considered "unimportant".

I know firsthand how fully our state fails to deal with sexual predators. My father for one was molested as a child and committed suicide when i was eleven when the spokane catholic diocese came under scrutiny. O'Donnel is now living fat and happy in his family's mansion on the south hill.

My fiancee was molested by her father who served only two years and went on to molest three other children and is again behind bars for a separate assault incident.

Washington state epitomizes failure in detaining and treating the disturbed individuals who carry out these horrible misdeeds and daily releases them on the public, often under a parole that they will constantly violate.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yes, the alerts are used for Amber Alerts, too.

2nd

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm in puyallup...saw the alert. But for christs sake, calm down. At least they used the system to help a situation.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
yeah but I think it's unfair that these kids get the emergency broadcast but the THOUSANDS of other children that have gone missing or abducted maybe if they were lucky, got their picture on a milk carton at the most...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
LOL thx mods for changing my topic title so it didn't sound so alarming and freak everybody out, sorry bout that!

Still why do these kids get a special amber alert broadcast? I've never seen my TV do this once before except for the tests...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The alerts should be used for Amber Alerts, if the system is already in place.

Why pay for a seperate system for Amber Alerts?

Where I live, Amber Alerts are flashed on highway bulletin boards and some carriers send to cell phones as well.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yeah that's how it's always been befor too.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
HAAAAAA! Wrong thread!

Too many tabs open o.o

Sorry.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join