It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What we are can only be determined relatively. Therefore no determination is true, but the determination of the self does matter to the self. You are what you believe you are even if no one else sees you that way.

The truth cannot be known because everyone is making their own truths. What you think about the world outside of you only has an effect inside of you. Truth is an internal thing because it can only be known internally. Observational relativity is truth even though its false.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
We are the foam on the crest of a wave that pushes through time. The result of a gentle nudge. All of the laws of nature, physics, all of the scientific theories, ideas, thoughts, they are just a breathless hint of the reality that is. All together they form a nudge that pushes. All of the universe is evolving because of it, it is so gentle that none may ever find it and that is why they call it the Great Mystery. Life is one link in the chain of constant change. Beings like us are one of the common results of life, if left alone to it's own devises and given enough time. What some refer to as God, I would think of as a push forward, like a nudge, that inevitably leads to the place we are today along it's lonesome journey. The end and the beginning of everything are right inside each one of us. You ask what are we? I say we are just one time, one droplet, one wave in a sea of other waves that play out on the same gently falling horizon. Life like us is as common in the universe as sand grains on the earth. We are alone, so many and so far away, teaming, together yet never touching, just seeing and knowing, each one of us like distant molecules building foam at the crest of an insignificant wave.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Proxies so Infinite All can also possess consciousness of nothingness, void, non-existence, silence. All are tools, all are used. There is an offer, however, to become aware of this communion and flow with it instead of clash against it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We are the light of the world and the salt of the earth.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If god created us, then who created god..... and if someyone created god then who created that someyone......and so on..... and so on..........and so on............ ..... .... .... wow! i got a headache

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by B0Bthrob
reply to post by Samuelis

What if the big bang wasn't the beginning, but the end? What if we're somehow part of an infinite circle where big bangs continuously occur at the same beginning and end point?
edit on 30-4-2012 by B0Bthrob because: typo

I've heard that thought before. It was backed by the statement that everything is in a trend from simplicity to complexity. Why wouldnt the big bang be the culmination of all posibilities rather than the biginning of them.

Who knows. Maybe the big bang is both the beginning and the end.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Hehehehehe, you're on to something.

And as usual, TheOneElectric telling it how it is

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
wow, i cant believe ive never seen that hicks video... thanks....I think everyone should experience some kind of altered state of consciousness atleast once in there lives. But if death isnt the end, I guess we end up experiencing it after the fact anyway......but still.... it can be Mind Alterting:Eye Opening adventure.....

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I keep doing the same thing.

I also keep getting this recurring thought about if I am soul energy what would happen if I gave myself back to the source or a source then the source created another soul who did all the same things I did and other souls did...would that still be me...but just with different thought...are a collection of thought all we really are. if we are all made of the same stuff or a similar stuff like a source of energy what makes us different apart from the different body's were in.

It hard to articulate my thought on this. Its like imagine you have your own soul and you incarnate in 4 different bodies simultaneously...I can only know and realise this body/existence but how can I be feeling a different one as well why am I here right now. It sound like you can answer that easily but the answer different bodies holding each experience self-contained bla bla doesn't answer it for me. You have to really think about that scenario then when it confuses you that's what I am actually thinking. And why am I thinking this random stuff,weahhh duno.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

Kinda like the over soul theory. Like a hand with several fingers all different and unique but still part of the same hand. Or as I like to think of it the higher self or bigger me and little me. The Drost effect with the same system/pattern repeated over and over on and on to eternity and beyond.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjscribz
If god created us, then who created god..... and if someyone created god then who created that someyone......and so on..... and so on..........and so on............ ..... .... .... wow! i got a headache

Where does energy come from? There are some things we already know about that were neither created nor destroyed. God, like energy, doesn't need to be created to exist.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by bjscribz

Where does energy come from? There are some things we already know about that were neither created nor destroyed. God, like energy, doesn't need to be created to exist.

Moreover, since we are energy, we were neither created nor destroyed. It is the shape of our forms that is the creation. The energy that it is made of is what is neither created nor destroyed. We are made by God from God. We are the creative expression of the energy we are. Energy is intelligent. Science will learn this one day.

The fact of our existence is proof that there is something fundamental within the structure of the universe that is conducive to life- a background intelligence- intelligent energy. Intelligence can't come from something without intelligence. Therefore, intelligence can't be created nor destroyed. Light transforms one building block of DNA into another building block of DNA so that the DNA begins the double helix. The point is, light is the intelligence required to create intelligent forms.

All of what I said above, I know to be true. What I am about to say is just a contemplative guess. Light doesn't care what the materials are. Wherever there are materials and wherever there is light, there is life and there will be life forms. Energy is intelligent energy is life. Life creates life forms. There is life everywhere in one form or another. Some places, things are more alive than others, and I think what determines the amount of lifeness in a particular place is the amount of light there. So the most amount of life (qualitatively) in the galaxy is at the center, and that's fitting too, because our progression will take us there. But when we are at our highest peak of experiencing the fullness of being alive, we will have to face a black hole. I'm not sure what this will mean.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

We are compartmentalized pieces of the one pure conciousness, that came into existance by accident and pure chance, experiencing itself subjectively, interacting with itself, adding to the whole, contemplating itself, to make the truth and reality more bearable for itself, trying to escape the grim realisation that it is alone, floating in a black void for eternity with no chance of escape, no way out, trapped, yearning for unconsciousness and nothingness.

Great isn't it?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Makes me wonder

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
let me share with you some of carl sagans thoughts on this matter.
explanation begins at the 4:15 mark for those with little time to dispose

[Sagan]
The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it
But the way those atoms are put together
The cosmos is also within us
We’re made of star stuff
We are a way for the cosmos to know itself

Across the sea of space
The stars are other suns
We have traveled this way before
And there is much to be learned

I find it elevating and exhilarating
To discover that we live in a universe
Which permits the evolution of molecular machines
As intricate and subtle as we

edit on 30-4-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Originally posted by B0Bthrob

What if the big bang wasn't the beginning, but the end? What if we're somehow part of an infinite circle where big bangs continuously occur at the same beginning and end point?
edit on 30-4-2012 by B0Bthrob because: typo

I've heard that thought before. It was backed by the statement that everything is in a trend from simplicity to complexity. Why wouldnt the big bang be the culmination of all posibilities rather than the biginning of them.

Who knows. Maybe the big bang is both the beginning and the end.

pls watch from 7:00 timestamp to 10:30.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Someone once told me I was an organic robot.

Weird but kinda makes sense.

Except I have a soul so I'm more than just a robot.
edit on 1-5-2012 by IndieA because: addtion

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
We are what we were until we changed our answer.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If you don't put this to rest and find peace.
degeneration awaits. Consider the Godless !

Then consider the Godly who would make God look unatractive if that were possible. You're realising just how lost we are as a species and at the same time, you can't possibly feel the lonliness that is supposed to be a
part of that. That leaves you confused.
edit on 1-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I used to contemplate things such as this all the time and it nearly drove me crazy. I think the trick is...Stop worrying and start LIVING! You are alive...be happy. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join