It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottaknow
We're simply bags of bacteria. Nothing more.

Why?
Same reason anything else exists. It just does. Through evolution and maybe a touch of DNA from extraterrestrial bags of bacteria. There is nothing special about us and that's a very important lesson that took me nearly 40 years to learn properly.

There is nothing simple about a bag of bacteria. Especially one that is constantly moving and changing and flowering into different expressions. If we are all the same - One being (bag of bacteria if you may or star puke) expressing in many ways that is exactly why it is all so special. I mean wow how many ways can a star puke or a bacteria evolve? Aparently an infinite amount of ways and definitely everything more than nothing. There is everything special about us, the simple fact that we disagree on this point is one proof of the 'specialness' at play. Another is the simple fact that in an infinite universe an infinite amout of things will happen including nothing. So I say now you've spent 40 years learning there is nothing special about you, take the next 40 to learn just how special that makes you.

Just love

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjscribz
If god created us, then who created god..... and if someyone created god then who created that someyone......and so on..... and so on..........and so on............ ..... .... .... wow! i got a headache

What if God created us at the same time as we created God? Everything seems to be a cycle where beginings and ends meet, why not this? No God no creation, no creation no God and so on. What started it all? The end of nothing I guess. What will end it all, the begining of nothing. Wait an infinite amount of time and everything including nothing will have happened at some point or another. Our problem with the cycle of nothing is because we are something we can not see (experience) it. So we fear nothing - isn't that in itself hillarious and freeing to know? Answer me this... what is so bad about nothing?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
I'm not much of a thread writer so ill keep it simple.

What the hell are we? Lately I've been looking at the sky and thinking wtf is all this about? Why is there even a universe? What contains our universe? Then to make it even harder, we only have OUR perception of THIS universe to go off.

Does anyone know much about size and how it affects time? Because if we want to know the answer to the biggest mystery, What are we? We need to enlarge our box that we think in.

I'm mainly interested in other people's opion's about the bigger picture. Can the TRUTH be discovered?

This is how I see it beyond all the science of it all:

Who are we? Explorers
Of what? Existence
To what end? To be
How did we come to be? Through process
What is this all about? You
What are you? Everything you experience
What is the sky? You perception of limit
What is the universe? Your actual limit
How large is the universe? As large as your perception of it
What is time? Your measure of noticeable changes
What is size? A way for you to assess importance in relation to you
What contains our universe? Nothing
What is contained within the 'uni' verse? Everything
Are there other universes? Yes
What is the other universe? Nothing
What are multiverses? Containers of perception
Can the truth be discovered? Yes you are discovering it now
What is the biggest mystery? The one yet to be understood
What is the practical implication of all this?

Imo the implication is we are only as limited as we believe we are. What about physical laws? They are what we believe and so are what limit us. As soon as out understanding of physics expands so does our limits. We are a collective experience and until the collective moves up a notch in believes, what you experience apart from the collective will always be seen as a figment of your own imagination. However not so. Because looking at history we find that what was once a figment of someones imagination has become the reality of everyones existence later on. What is 'real' is what the collective 'decides' it is able to process within it's experience. Our minds register alot of things that we do not acknowledge because the information is not 'useful' to make decisions in what currently is the functional reality. When the functional reality changes so does our mind filters. Just think about it this way. How many things have you experienced that you later have been told were just in your mind? What would have happened if you'd been told they were valid in terms of everyone elses minds? Would reality have been somewhat different? I think so. Would your mind have processed following experiences differently? Yes i very much believe so.

So in light of the above I say...enjoy your exploration and search because this is who you are. And be happy for it as long as there are no definite conclusions to anything. Because if there were and you reached it then nothing would happen and you would be obsolete. Somethings we discover may make us feel temporarily stagnant however when you turn it a few times in yor mind you will find that everything is as it always was and with a little more knowledge comes the choice to incorporate it asuseful or discard it as useless. That is the burden of knowledge.

Remember the first time you saw a ball.Ohh the exitement. What is it? You probably bit into it, touched it, smelled it, tasted it, threw it and finally one day you understood it. Then you got bored for a moment until you discovered ball games. So even if the object to you is 'just a ball' you'll probalby go through a whole lifetime finding new uses for it and enjoying it again and again. To me that is life as a human searching for truth. First you must understand the thing, then you will find uses for it and then you use it as and when it is required.

Much love and enjoy the journey

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Yeah. I like that metaphor with the fingers.

The thing is I know I am a soul and go back to my soul group after I die, I also know I am living other existences as we speak. How I know I cannot say as its against the forum rules, If you want to know I can PM you. But my point is not that I am randomly thinking I am a soul, that I take for granted its the feeling I am about to connect to all my own personal existences at once or something...then I get thoughts of the complexities of this.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Plain and simple, we're smart meat with delusions of grandeur.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
start meditating.

you can tap into what is all about.

its very easy.

close you eyes. breathe.

if you are not sure were to go , you will be guided.

it may take a little time. few weeks, months or a year or two. it will take as long as needed.

i cant tell you what we are or what its about because we do not have the words for it. its way beyond that.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Fully agree. Anyone who wants to truly know what we are just needs some good old mediation.

I can only speak for myself on what we are,
but what I found was this:

I am a spirit being. Once the inner source was accessed I saw mankind as spirits using the body to experience a physical world. Our spirits, at least in my minds eye, are all connected together in a ever widening circle of other circles of spirits. It is almost like chain links only in a metaphorical sense.

The bottom line for me was I was here to witness something special, and I believe that is LIFE, physically.
What I found for myself was that earth is a learning school. We are multidimensional beings existing in several "layers" of existence at once.

Go within and see for yourselves if you don't believe me

In fact, please don't believe me, and search inside, for yourself, to prove me wrong.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Everyone wants to know dude but the truth is nobody (well in our time anyway) will ever know. So why even strain your noggin over it? This has popped into my head numerous times like most other people I gather and the first thing I think is this "stop thinking about it."

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Why stop thinking about it?

I can understand if you feel it just is not important though. It is like religion, either you feel it and feel a pull to go, or you don't. Either way it is ok.

Myself personally, I can't do that. My mind is constantly on the metaphysical. Probably because I am an introvert.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Have faith my friend! You are more important that all the angels of heaven. There is a reason, there is a purpose, there is a story, and you're in it! Smile, don't overthink it because you can't break it all down. You're in a book, you're on a certain page, you're an indespensible character inside that book. It can't read properly without you. The whole of the universe depends upon you...and me.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I've thought that over and over again. I know a lot of people who wonder the same thing. I've come to my own conclusion that at this point, we are the Champions, the people who witness the most historical event since Jesus walked the earth. I think at this time, this is when the devil is ruling the earth. Why? Because we are total slaves to the system, and the system has reached beyond the point of control by us, "The Champions". So, hold to your morals, because this is hell, and the test is on. Perhaps one day, someone reading this, or myself may be tempted to immoral behavior, making us no better.

That is the one thing I would recommend not to do. This is hell now, and I do believe in God, so, now must be the time of the Satans rein, because God would not let the things that are happening, to happen to his people without the trial. We're being tested, methinks. Maybe we are the ones who will fight on the last day. It's obvious, the powers of the earth know that they are doing wrong to the human race, but continue to do so. So, they are mortal enemies. My mortal enemies. And I'm sure God will send us as well as his army to descend on those who have done the unjustice to the common man. It will be a day of War, and possibly the Elite know that. They obviously have a plan for the end days, or just don't believe in God. However, I do hope they are preparing for a last battle. And do know there is a God. I am a warrior at heart, and always considered myself Gods warrior. It's my nature to stand up for weak, and think what I'd like to do to the unjust. So, when there is the last battle, I'll be carrying a Big Stick, with determination blow after blow.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Maxumusx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

I believe there are several Gods. Look at Genesis. It clearly states, "Let us make man in our own image". I've never hung onto such words so thoughfully as them. I've heard the debaters say, because of the holy trinity. Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. However, after careful consideration of the old Gods, it is somewhat believable that there are several enlightened beings. It takes alot of imagination to come up with the old ones. Remember, when the bible stated "there were Giants in those days, men of renown. It quite possibly refers to Thor/Ulysees and such. God is probably the ruler, while the others are his Angels. So, at one time they were on the earth, but maybe history has lied to us about there true nature. Stories and artifacts/pictures of them, however no details of who they served. Seems quite fishy to me, but hey, it may be untrue, but it makes sense, and my motto is keep it simple. There are people who will quickly deny this, and that is fine, but i just use common sense with history. Because I know we hardly ever get the real story.

And before people start telling me things like some archeoligists would say. "They are just made up Gods, from imagination" I say to you, and them to think about this. There were many Gods made up by imagination, and they were the Sun, Pigs, and real things. Things that they knew were beyond a shadow of a doubt real. Hell, they thought lightning was the wrath of God. . Which may explain the Mayans sacrificing with blood. They've probably seen that action before.

But like I said, "Men of renown". That implies to me that they were, or it wouldn't have been mentioned. And it says men, not creatures. I think the Giants were the ones who probably tried to splice animals with man, and that is where those creatures originated. History doesnt always have to be spelled out. Common sense can fill the gaps, and be quite precise.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
If you want an honest answer:

We are a sedated God in a dim lit house of mirrors that stumbles along not recognizing its own reflection.

Divine Junkies.

Brilliant, thanks TheOne Electric, Divine junkies in the abandoned funhouse is the best analogy/description of the human race I have ever heard

Great name for a band too!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxumusx

I hear what you are saying and believe we are speaking of different aspects of God here. The gods of the bible and ONE creator of all mater/movement... imo what is described in the biblical account are two aspects of human life.... one is the internal battle of man and two the story of the homo species of earth and how we may possibly be less "homo sapiens sapiens" than "Hetero quasisapiens sapiens"

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
We are the light of the world and the salt of the earth.

LOL You misspelled a couple words. We are the blight of the world, and the fault of the earth.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Why stop thinking about it?

I can understand if you feel it just is not important though. It is like religion, either you feel it and feel a pull to go, or you don't. Either way it is ok.

Myself personally, I can't do that. My mind is constantly on the metaphysical. Probably because I am an introvert.

Whether religious beliefs or the metaphysical are real of not, we live in THIS reality. What a waste to wait and yearn for another time and dimension that's probably not even there.

Me? I wanna go fishing on Ganymede! Well, that Jovian moon is in THIS reality. :-P

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Thank you for your wonderful expression of the human experience. I was reading thru this post and all of the we are accidents and bags of bacteria was sad. I wish people could see themselves as the wonderful beautiful creations/creators that they are. Thank you, Thank you.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'v found that thinking about it too much causes me to freak the F out, so I try to maintain a certain level of blissful ignorance about the nature of the universe (not the nature of conspiracies, though, so relax).

Also, shows like The Voice should go away. They harvested all the good voices 4 seasons of singing shows ago. American Idol is a freakin joke - I've heard better voices at karaoke bars. I wish I could say I don't watch them, but I can't stand all the goddamn cop/lawyer/CSI/coroner shows that all run together. Thank God I don't have cable or I'd be totally retarded.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I find fishing to be very relaxing and a great way to reconnect with nature

It is only a waste of time if you don't put it to use.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
@IAmD1 and Summerbreeze.ddp:

Thanks for responding to my post - it's easy to be overlooked here sometimes. Just a little clarification. I believe we're not special in the individual ways that we see ourselves with our gigantic egos. People spend their entire lives believing they are special somehow - we want to be special and we're simply not because nothing else is either. As a whole, I seriously doubt the human race will make an iota of difference to this universe in 10,000 years so because of that, "WE" are not special as well. Life and consciousness in general is special as you say IAmD1, in the way that we do get this brief existence which is...endless possibilities and this is easily overlooked.

I actually used to be closer to your belief systems several years ago - grand consciousness, we are the creators, reincarnation etc. It's simply not true and it took some time to get here, but I'm happy I am. I'm actually quite embarrassed that I used to feel differently and am currently working on that because I know it's so easy to do. You want there to be more so badly. It would allow for fantastic journeys and unending consciousness. It's a beautiful dream - but it's not real. This is all we have and nothing goes beyond it. We're as un-special as the particles in the air you just breathed. It's not exactly sad either as Summer puts it. There's a let-down factor at first and some frustration as well as you realize you're running out of time. However, there's something of an amazing freedom that comes from it and the sadness comes from realizing just how many folks don't get that. With all that said, please, follow your journeys and believe whatever you can stand to believe as long as it doesn't bring harm.

And @HumansEh: Divine Junkies is an EXcellent band name!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join