It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I'm not much of a thread writer so ill keep it simple.

What the hell are we? Lately I've been looking at the sky and thinking wtf is all this about? Why is there even a universe? What contains our universe? Then to make it even harder, we only have OUR perception of THIS universe to go off.

This crazy crap show is on tv called the voice, and I'm wondering if this is what god intend's us to do and how to live? Then I think god is probably just as aware of us as we are of the individual biological systems in our own bodies. Maybe we are a fungi growing on god's toe's or somthing of the equivalent in his universe.

Does anyone know much about size and how it affects time? Because if we want to know the answer to the biggest mystery, What are we? We need to enlarge our box that we think in.

I'm mainly interested in other people's opion's about the bigger picture. Can the TRUTH be discovered?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
We all have the same questions, OP. This is the only thing that has ever made sense to me:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So a tax on carbon is kind of funny then isn't it.

Well carbon is just a name us humans gave it. It doesn't describe what is it. It's just a name.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by boncho

So a tax on carbon is kind of funny then isn't it.

Well carbon is just a name us humans gave it. It doesn't describe what is it. It's just a name.

No, but if you look at it through a mass spec, that's what you're made of. You are just an ugly bit of vomit from an old star.

...if that makes you feel any better...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It all seems so accidental to me, but why is there something instead of nothing?

Everything has an outside and an inside. A planet has a core, a person has a core, an apple has a core and an atom has a core. The only thing that makes sense to me is that time and size is an illusion and everything is part of an infinite egg. Which came first? The egg or the egg or the egg or the egg?

Do yourself a favor and try not to think about it too much. It'll save you a lot of time and energy.
edit on 30-4-2012 by B0Bthrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

haha. Yeah your definitly a glass 3/4 empty kind of guy.
I know I'm made of stuff. Just more interested in the why I'm made at all. Why anything is.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by B0Bthrob

Yeah I agree, I'm starting to agree with what Hawking said about everything just being a random system firing off. Something must be controlling those system's though? And so on.

I think size and time could be the key to it all. It's just can't be infinite. Does the large join back up to the small?

Advice taken, I don't dwell on it for too long. Just wanting a headstart. Ats has some really clever people who think heaps far out of the box.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by B0Bthrob
It all seems so accidental to me, but why is there something instead of nothing?

That's the thing that always bothers me. How does everything come from nothing? Where did those gases come from? How would those gases exist if there was no universe? What were they contained in? They must have had to exist somewhere before the universe. But where? Why were they around?

I think I'm about to have a stroke.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Don't worry about what 'we' are.
Find out what you are.

What am I?
youtu.be...

This thing called I.
youtu.be...
edit on 30-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If you want an honest answer:

We are a sedated God in a dim lit house of mirrors that stumbles along not recognizing its own reflection.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

What if the big bang wasn't the beginning, but the end? What if we're somehow part of an infinite circle where big bangs continuously occur at the same beginning and end point?
edit on 30-4-2012 by B0Bthrob because: typo

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by boncho

haha. Yeah your definitly a glass 3/4 empty kind of guy.
I know I'm made of stuff. Just more interested in the why I'm made at all. Why anything is.

Are you kidding? One day I hope to fertilize a plant that gets genetically spliced to a visiting alien species which brings me to another galaxy a hundred years after.

I have long term plans, and I'm not staying on this crappy rock...
edit on 30-4-2012 by boncho because: grammmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That's hilarious. Good luck on your voyage.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Can't watch video's cause im on telstra pre paid.

Will watch them when I get home on friday.. gahhh it's still only monday. fcuk.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
If you want an honest answer:

We are a sedated God in a dim lit house of mirrors that stumbles along not recognizing its own reflection.

That really got me thinking. Are you saying that WE are the universe itself trying to discover itself with limited resources?

The universe is experiencing an extremely slow epiphany. Wonder what it will think when it's done looking?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
We're simply bags of bacteria. Nothing more.

Why?
Same reason anything else exists. It just does. Through evolution and maybe a touch of DNA from extraterrestrial bags of bacteria. There is nothing special about us and that's a very important lesson that took me nearly 40 years to learn properly.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

That really got me thinking. Are you saying that WE are the universe itself trying to discover itself with limited resources?

To be honest, I thought I implied that when I said we're a bunch of carbon star vomit... but then you went and gave someone else the credit.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by B0Bthrob

So we have one continous explosion forever, but we experience it in stages of growth? So really there is no future or past. Just the past of our experience and the future to be experienced?

Could the universe be lifeless, and life is attempting to spread throughout? Could that be the secret to life? Fractal life forms striving to survive in a hostile environment. So life might be something external to the universe? Universe contained inside life.

haha, so that means the universe is inside us(the universe)?
edit on 30-4-2012 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I took it personally and got offended.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join