It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS needs YOU... to proove/disproove this picture

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This reminds me of polarized optical filters we used in Mechanical Engineering classes when explaining stress analysis. You can put this filter over e.g. a piece of metal or whatever that has been cut and it will show where the stress lines are. Look at the triangle in This Link

Utilizing polarized light is imperative otherwise, invisible stress in transparent material can be seen. It shows both the location and intensity of the stress. For example, in injection molding, extruded sheets and cast plastics.

Basically the idea is that a spherical, symetric, uncut piece would have no 'disruptions'. But as you cut into it, or drill holes, the structural integrity is compromised, resulting in these stress lines. Notice on the triangle, in the crux of each corner, there are disruptions. Therefore, this filter shows the weakest points, where fracture is most likely to occur when the material is stressed.
edit on 27-4-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
OK, I have scanned 2 images. One is a panorama of the 3 pyramids, 1200dpi, file size is 4.16mb.

Second is the Great Pyramid only. Scanned at 2400dpi, file size is 9.6mb.

I'm not seeing anything like the lines in the op pic. Obviously, the size of the file prevents me from posting here at ATS.

ETA: Picture

imageshack.us...
edit on 27-4-2012 by IceFlower because: add link for picture

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I see this thread has already some good links and thoughts. This is why I love ATS.

reply to post by IceFlower

Thank you for your affords

I saved your image to my harddrive in case the imagehoster deletes it. Could you provide some more informations about the film used? That would be awesome.

@All the other out there possesing pictures, the fact that there are no lines visible in this picture should not prevent you from scanning yours

edit on 27-4-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Looks like the 'original' image you posted is a
halftone image and if you scan a halftone you
might end up with moire, as someone else
mentioned before. So, I'm not sure what the
high res scan should show what cannot be seen
on the original, unless it's a printed (halftone)
image with moire.

We do a lot of scanning and moire pops up on the
new digital prints like it did on halftone images. The
effect I see, imho, is just the digital variant of moire
on a halftone image. Usually, we discard these
scans and redo them under a different angle.

Maybe that's why you won't find many...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceFlower
OK, I have scanned 2 images. One is a panorama of the 3 pyramids, 1200dpi, file size is 4.16mb.

Second is the Great Pyramid only. Scanned at 2400dpi, file size is 9.6mb.

I'm not seeing anything like the lines in the op pic. Obviously, the size of the file prevents me from posting here at ATS.

ETA: Picture

imageshack.us...
edit on 27-4-2012 by IceFlower because: add link for picture

I only wish that it was closer to the pyramid. In the pic the op posted you can see the steps in detail.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I do not know whether there is any merit in this subject, but I will give my initial thoughts. First, it seems to me that these lines would not appear on a digital camera, but only an analog "film" camera, since it is the composition of the film and coating that make it sensitive to EM radiation. This sensitivity does make it at least "possible" that something can be captured on the film itself that is invisible to the naked eye, which is then affected by the scanning of the image into the computer.

I don't know enough about what happens to the image as it is read and transferred into digital format to tell you definitively whether this is even possible. I also wanted to agree with those who said that this image could have easily been produced, or rather the lines in the image, by manipulation. Quite easily actually, although that does not make it a hoax, it just slightly increases the probability of it being a hoax based on pure statistics...At least that is the way it seems to me.

I remember reading here on ATS at some point a thread that related the story of the guy who experienced some type of electrical disturbance at or near the top of the large pyramid at Giza. Whether it holds merit I do not know, and I cannot even remember the who, what, and when, so hopefully someone else does and can relate the story to us or provide us with a linky. It probably is easy to find via Google actually. So anyway, although I do not think the lines in the picture were caused by energy contacting film, which was then made visible by some process, that does not mean that the possibility is not there, and it would be foolish for anyone to downright claim just about anything as "impossible". Good luck with your further research, and I hope you uncover much more.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
can't you just upload any picture of the pyramids you find online and do a dpi scan.

it's not really necessary to go there.

i'm sure there are uploaded images of an analog camera picture of the pyramids somewhere on the net.

edit on 27-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Here is a copy of at least one of the original images on the Web:

It's clearly a case of Photoshop "moire effects" over an image. It's not even a good example of Photoshop fakery, the perpetrator seems to have had trouble getting the pattern of the moire effect to align vertically.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
"to proof/disproof this picture"

Can you proof that that's correct grammar? : )

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The big wavy thing going down the middle looks like a finger print!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I have scanned the Great Pyramid by itself. The picture was taken closer than the picture I posted.

My problem is that it is scanned at 4200dpi and the image file is 9.6MB.

I have no way to upload an image of that size and I'm not going to pay extra just for one picture.

If you have a way I can transfer a 9+MB file - I'm all ears.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Kodak 400 using a Nikon camera.

2nd

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
FAKE

Look at the top left and you can see where the pattern has been repeated several times (the waves come to an abrubt end and restart again) Magnetism does not behave like that. It actualy quite poor attempt, sorry.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
After just looking at the Pyramid picture, I think it's a load of BS.

Being "scanned at a higher DPI" probably wouldn't make a difference, even on an analogue picture. This is no different than being able to see the reflection on someone's eye in a security camera still on CSI. If the pixels (or in this situation, grains maybe? Not sure how the quality of regular film pictures is measured.) aren't there to begin with, they won't show up by zooming or scanning the image at a higher quality.

Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
Looks like the 'original' image you posted is a
halftone image and if you scan a halftone you
might end up with moire

That was my first thought too.
To people who've done this kind of thing before, it was kind of obvious.

link

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yeah, that clothe looks like the thing the OP photographed, all right! A star for you, mate!

edit on 27-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Progressive zoom copy upon copy will produce this same exact effect. Whomever forged this ridiculous thing must be starving for attention.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I would right off the bat say it's a fake. If something like this was actually real, I'm sure we would have heard about it long before now.

It's a cool picture none the less.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The energy emitted from the pyramids isn't unique. lots of buildings emit energy from the peak. It is the frequency of the energy that is unique with pyramids. There are lots of places around here that emit these fields, I have one in my back yard. The one in my back yard is a little different than most of the other ones that are formed by magnetite and other ores around here. The compass spins consistantly in a circle in the places with these magnetic anomalies but here it is sort of like a moving candle flame, you have to keep moving around to catch it again in about a ten foot circle.

I suppose the magnetics energy spinning could do something to the camera image being that it observed the event. a camera is designed to record frequencies of light of certain ranges so it is possible it can record things out of our visual field also. Sometimes what we think we see is exactly what is happening. I can't tell you for sure what caused that. Try taking a picture of a church steeple or radio tower and see if you get a similar result.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Dr. Dee J. Nelson and his wife Geo, produced this Kirlian photograph of Pyramid energy using a Tesla Coil in 1979

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join