It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Earth would be better off, by following the Georgia Guidestones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The Georgia Guidestone messages have been something that I've really been interested in, asked to be built by an unknown person, would the world be better off with these set of laws in place.
www.thegeorgiaguidestones.com...

1. MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000 IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE

2. GUIDE REPRODUCTION WISELY - IMPROVING FITNESS AND DIVERSITY

3. UNITE HUMANITY WITH A LIVING NEW LANGUAGE

4. RULE PASSION - FAITH - TRADITION - AND ALL THINGS WITH TEMPERED REASON

5. PROTECT PEOPLE AND NATIONS WITH FAIR LAWS AND JUST COURTS

6. LET ALL NATIONS RULE INTERNALLY RESOLVING EXTERNAL DISPUTES IN A WORLD COURT

7. AVOID PETTY LAWS AND USELESS OFFICIALS

8. BALANCE PERSONAL RIGHTS WITH SOCIAL DUTIES

9. PRIZE TRUTH - BEAUTY - LOVE- SEEKING HARMONY WITH THE INFINITE

10. BE NOT A CANCER ON THE EARTH - LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE - LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE

Im not saying I totally agree with all these, but I was wondering what you all thought about these Guidestones for humanity, and whether or not it would be harder or easier for Humanity to live like this. Personally I think it would be a good thing for Nature and all living things. just look at the world today, many countries struggle to feed their over populated countries, Animals and Marine life being over hunted and over fished, Trees being cut down at an alarming rate, Humanity will eventually reach a tipping point, and I fear we have already past that point of No return for many many different ecosystems. We use fossil fuels like the tap will never run dry, its taken millions and millions of years to create those fossil fuels, only to be swallowed up by huge gas guzzling vehicles. I fear that we are heading for this kind of Guidestone structure whether we like it or not. maybe thats what the NWO is trying to create. Whats your opinion???
edit on 25-4-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It will be.

Once arturus replaces polaris in the viewfinder then whats left will look at the stones as the history of earth changes and a map to go on.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

very interesting.

some of these should be common sense.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

If there was some kind of world wide devastation that destroyed today's technology and reduced the world's population to under five hundred million then I think the Guidestones would be a great set of rules to rebuild society with, which I believe is the purpose of them to start with. However with the technology and population that we have now it would be impossible to implement such guidelines.

Unlike a lot of more "conspiracy minded" people I don't believe the Georgia Guidestones are a call to de-populate the earth. I do think that there's a good chance that the people who had the guidestones erected may have knowledge of a possible upcoming cataclysmic worldwide event, and that the guidestones are meant to help the survivors to lay the foundation for a better world in the event of such a cataclysm.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Planet Earth would be much better off if there were no humans at all, it would just go about it's daily business, which it did for over 4 billion years before we got hold of it.

Survived over 4 billion years without humans, it will likely last at least another billion years if we all just went away.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You would have to be an evil or ignorant person not to agree with the guide stones. My personal opinion is that there is something irrational in the fear of a united one world government that would do away with all the boundaries between people and would exist in harmony with nature.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Will you volunteer to kill yourself or let yourself and your family be killed?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

You will soon get to experience what their One World Government is going to be. Enjoy every moment of it. Remember its one thing that can't be taken back. Personally I have never met a money hungry, power hungry elite that is capable of caring about anyone except themselves. While you are groveling and sniveling remember you ask for and guess what you got it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
You would have to be an evil or ignorant person not to agree with the guide stones.

Then I am an evil person.

The guide stones don't do anything but synthesize humanity into a lumpy ball of flesh to be kneaded into someone's image, and then it imparts to Earth/nature a consciousness as if it has a Q&A column in some newspaper somewhere.

The only language nature speaks is mathematics, and mathematics tells me nature's laws of physics can govern itself without the need for human arrogance telling her what the population should be or that her selection and mutation are somehow mistakes.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

De-population is also not explicitly indicated, there are other ways to reduce humans on Earth, space colonization for instance. In any case that number is incorrect there is plenty of space for more people for instance under the oceans of Earth. The idea is to reduce consumption and ecological footprint in general, this could be done with a larger number that the one indicated (I would like to see the formula used to come to it).
edit on 25-4-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Under 500,000,000 how is this number reached?
How is it maintained?
Who and what is the instrument to acheive the number?
Who and by what means is the maintainence of humanity under 500,000,000 acheieved?
What if you find yourself or your love ones among the 500,000,000 or over of humanity needing to be "maintained"?
Who authored, constructed, and owns the land these guidestones are erected on?
Who maintains the land and stones today?
Do any of you pondering and answering the OPs question see the bad side of this?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think so.

The problem is who gets to determine what is a petty law and what is a useless politician?

For example, I think forcing people to own insurance is a petty law and a huge scam. But obviously, I am in the minority on this way of thinking.

Not everybody agrees on everything.

So how would we determine what is petty?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Tell me how foisting these ideologies on innocent others can be accomplished without a single entity wielding total control.

These ideas are just a bright and shiny front presented to the small minded in hopes they will gleefully agree to their own destruction.

The only way the ideals of the guide-stones could be accomplished is through absolute concentrated political power. Belief in the "good intentions" of concentrated political power is foolish. Don't be blind to the actual intended results.

Have you heard of the New Hampshire guide-stones? It has one stipulation...

Why Can't Everybody Just Leave Everybody Else the Hell Alone?!

The foundation of world peace must not and cannot be built on a foundation of total control.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

De-population is also not explicitly indicated, there are other ways to reduce humans on Earth, space colonization for instance. In any case that number is incorrect there is plenty of space for more people for instance under the oceans o Earth, the idea is to reduce consumption and ecological footprint in general this could be done with a larger number that the one indicated (I would like to see the formula used to come to it).

I also wonder where they came up with that exact number. Maybe they got it from the same source that inspired them to create the guidestones. As far as reducing our rate of consumption and ecological footprint- I think something really drastic would have to befall the earth for THAT to happen. For the most part people are only concerned with what is going on in their own lives at the moment and don't take much time to consider the future of civilization and our planet in general. With all that is going on in the world I think most of us can see why. If your immediate concern is keeping a roof over your family's head and wondering how you"re going to afford to feed them for the next week when there's "too much month and not enough money" you tend to focus on those things and not on what's best for the planet and society in general.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

If there was some kind of world wide devastation that destroyed today's technology and reduced the world's population to under five hundred million then I think the Guidestones would be a great set of rules to rebuild society with, which I believe is the purpose of them to start with. However with the technology and population that we have now it would be impossible to implement such guidelines.

Unlike a lot of more "conspiracy minded" people I don't believe the Georgia Guidestones are a call to de-populate the earth. I do think that there's a good chance that the people who had the guidestones erected may have knowledge of a possible upcoming cataclysmic worldwide event, and that the guidestones are meant to help the survivors to lay the foundation for a better world in the event of such a cataclysm.
So, OK I got it! When news of a impending world wide disaster comes over the evening news I'm camping out at the Guidestone site

Because it looks like they are put up in an area know to be safe from disaster by visionaries interested in helping all of the survivors of a "natural" unforseen worldwide de-populating disaster undetected by us common folk, yet known by visionary secret keepers who wont warn us common folk only put up some cryptic engraved stones in the middle of a field in freakin' Georgia!
Makes perfect sense to me!?!?
Thank you for sharing Pollyanna!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Well, if you knew everything I imagine you would be off somewhere writing a book about what you know. However instead you are posting on ATS the same as I am discussing what you do or do not believe. You believe what you like and I will believe what I like- Grinch!

Hugs, Pollyanna

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Please take a moment to scroll up to my response to the OP.
You will notice a list of questions regarding these mysterious guidestones and text found on them.

Please also allow me to share with you, and everyone else, a statement given at my local city council meeting by one of the council members to a citizen after she questioned the recently accepted redevelopment proposal and the wide sweeping power given to the local goverment and the limit put upon property owners and local citizen's
The council member stated:
"On the ballot we are limited to 75 words to describe the contents of this 17 page redevelopment plan. We have 75 words to make people want to vote for this, so we explain it as simply as possible while pointing out the good points."
He went on to state to the citizen who brought up the concerning sections of the recently adopted redevelopment plan... "This is a perfect example of; be careful what you vote for because you just might get it"

Reminded me of so much in this country concerning our public servants and the other "power's that be".
The Guidestones are an example of a public ballot, simplistic language bringing forth drastic and paradigm changing doctrines.
If tasidly accepted by everyone ** "voted on by the citizens"*** in this simple pleasent text we all could be facing a world wide version of what I witnessed in my local city council meeting last week.

"be careful what you vote for because you just might get it"

edit on 25-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The Georgia Guidestones were built by a group called the rosicrucian. Their goal was to leave a road map for people to rebuild the world after some great cataclysmic event. According to rosicrucian beliefs when the area where the Guidestones will be there to guide the survivors.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wykl69tbjZA

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBRiddle
The Georgia Guidestones were built by a group called the rosicrucian. Their goal was to leave a road map for people to rebuild the world after some great cataclysmic event. According to rosicrucian beliefs when the area where the Guidestones will be there to guide the survivors.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wykl69tbjZA
So it would be a good place to camp when the bad stuff happens, take a "rubbing" off the stones, go home and become the messiah of your corner of the world

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

[color=gold]Not sure how I feel about this 1 knowing there are about 6.8billion more here, but if respect for nature was instituted and humanity did not just feel its ok to overstep any species not aware there may be ways to co exist along with adding more habitats that may be like air floating cities freeing up more space and water for nature to share w/ humanity.

2. GUIDE REPRODUCTION WISELY - IMPROVING FITNESS AND DIVERSITY

[color=gold]agree

3. UNITE HUMANITY WITH A LIVING NEW LANGUAGE

[color=gold]agree

4. RULE PASSION - FAITH - TRADITION - AND ALL THINGS WITH TEMPERED REASON

[color=gold]agree

5. PROTECT PEOPLE AND NATIONS WITH FAIR LAWS AND JUST COURTS

[color=gold]agree

6. LET ALL NATIONS RULE INTERNALLY RESOLVING EXTERNAL DISPUTES IN A WORLD COURT

[color=gold]as long as its fair and real and not fake I agree

7. AVOID PETTY LAWS AND USELESS OFFICIALS

[color=gold] look at how many people that are locked in jails all while those who have power do more dirt and get away with it. So yes avoid petty laws that can be socially/politically driven

8. BALANCE PERSONAL RIGHTS WITH SOCIAL DUTIES

[color=gold]agree

9. PRIZE TRUTH - BEAUTY - LOVE- SEEKING HARMONY WITH THE INFINITE

[color=gold]agree

10. BE NOT A CANCER ON THE EARTH - LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE - LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE

[color=gold]agree
edit on 4/25/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join