It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Time to Ban Vaccines Once and For All?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Please do not talk about vaccinations hampering the human body's natural ability to ward of viral/ bacterial infection. Unless you hold a degree or are pursuing one in microbiology, speculation of the adverse side effects of vaccinations becomes a haven for media nerds. The only reason a body can naturally fight off infection, is if the pathogen in question is easily overcome by the the body's innate, then adaptive immune system or the body remembers a previous encounter and initiates the adaptive response. In both cases, the body recognizes key elements of the invading pathogen called antigens and formulates a counter attack by producing complimentary antibodies to disable the antigen. So when a human host becomes infected with parts of a virus/bacteria (antigen), the body reacts and remembers so it may prevent/ reduce another similar infection.

Now what does a vaccination do? Is it not used in the prevention/ reduction of viral/ bacterial infection? How so one may ask. Simple; vaccinations work exactly the same as if one were naturally introduced to pathogens except instead of gambling on chance that one may be infected randomly, the body is introduced to it artificially.

Now people are going to say; "Artificial induced immunity is bad because its not natural!". Natural induced immunity relies on the fact that the entire pathogen is used to alert the immune system and thus the body is actually fighting for its life. Artificial induced immunity uses pieces of the pathogen, non- dangerous pieces that can never infect you with what it originally meant for. The body is tricked into building up defences so when it does face the exact whole pathogen, it can easily disable it thanks to the vaccine.

I understand that there exists potential for bad things to happen, so let me try to debunk some common misconceptions. (1) People have been told they can never get sick from the shot yet develop fever, fatigue, malaise and body aches. This can be attributed to something added to the vaccination called an adjuvent. Basically it acts as a vector for the antigen to travel, but most importantly causes the aforementioned side effects. The adjuvent is water, salts and sometimes oil and is used to start up your immune system to readily interact with the antigen pieces. (2) Government uses vaccines to kill the weak or induce infection to stimulate medicinal monetary gains. Who gives more in a lifetime to the government, sick/ dead people not working or the ones living and are not capable of spreading disease and thus not ruining all three social classes? (Interesting sidenote: Dr. Salk, creator of the Polio vaccine, chose not to patent it.) (3) The use of attenuated vaccines. The aforementioned point is in my opinion the only worrying thing in the whole vaccine debate. Instead of using dead antigen parts, a live mutated virus is used. Attenuated vaccines are usually used for long term immunizations and thus do not need booster shots, as well as having cheaper maintenance costs. The disadvantage is that the mutated virus that does not effect the host now, may potentially mutate into a form that may effect the host. The chance of the said occurrence is astoundingly low and decreases everyday thanks to new research, but does occur which is why waivers/ consent forms are sometimes signed. Many frightful parents know this, but understand the percentages in trusting vaccinations versus none. (4) Somehow, somewhere, some form of killer new virus/ bacteria will come from a vaccine. This event is even more-so less likely to happen than point three due to certain unique mutations that have to occur.

I understand that people do not believe in vaccinations and I respect their choices, but I hope that people understand that many more people owe their existence and continued existence to them. I welcome all criticisms but if any numbers/ statistics are used, please cite and provide links to SCHOLARLY JOURNALS only. Wikipedia and even the links it uses to cite are only good for basic universal knowledge.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The body has no natural defense against injections.

If it went through your nose, your skin, your mouth, any natural means of transfer, then the immune system can engage. Injection bypasses every mechanism of engagement, therefore leaving the body with a constant, low-level affliction of which it is extremely difficult to rid itself... hence the plethora of chronic illnesses related with vaccines, especially in higher numbers, higher frequencies of administration, and over time.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubinstein

I would just advise Do Not Take any type of Flu Shot! I am afraid they may slip an RFID in.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by manicminxx

"The body has no natural defense against injections."

Pardon me? First of all the human body has natural defences against everything, its called the innate immune response system. I can't tell if you are referring to the metal needle itself or whatever is being injected through the needle, so I'll debunk them both. The metal needle pierces your skin and invades into your bloodstream. Special cells release messenger molecules called cytokines which alert other cells thus initiating a cascade effect. Generally, the infection site will swell and aggregate heat as well as call for chemicals to help seal the wound, which are all NATURAL DEFENCES. If you are referring to what is being injected into the body, then even if the body knows or has never been introduced to anything in the vaccination solution, it still faces the first line of defence, THE NATURAL / INNATE IMMUNE SYSTEM. The body reacts by inducing fever and figuring out what is happening through cell released cytokines before it surmounts its second line of defence, the ADAPTIVE IMMUNE RESPONSE. By the way both responses are technically natural since its programmed to happen within our bodies.

The point about an injection evading all bodily defences or whatever dribble was typed; either greatest troll of all time or something said by someone not well versed in microbiological science. Where does the injection end up going? In the bloodstream. What mode of transportation do specialized blood cells follow as well as any other cell capable of partaking in either immune responses? In the bloodstream. The body has evolved defences everywhere. Any other weak spot, the eye? Tear ducts releasing saline liquid as well as a special immunoglobin. Your ear? Hair as well as the presence of fungi which also release bacteria fighting secondary metabolites in a vector of pathogen fighting oil.

I say your point has no natural defence.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
No. Vaccines aren't bad. As to autism, this is probably cause by us eating high rates of hormones and random chemicals (food dyes, pink slime,etc).

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Okay, its time to throw down here. The claim is being made that vaccines are dangerous. Okay, now we can we get some statistics for how many people/children deaths are link to vaccine? Is that too much to ask for? Or is this another no-lose conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubinstein
It is in your interest to catch childhood illnesses, they make you stronger and leave you immune to various Cancers. Your immune system gets the chance to become a black belt at Karate.

I have to agree with everything you have said. It's quite sad most people still think the medical industry somehow loves and cares for them.

I especially like what you said here. I always tell people to avoid antibiotics for mild infections and instead let the immune system work and it will become stronger. I've noticed people who automatically take antibiotics for trivial reasons have very weak immune systems. They get sick very easy and when they do, they stay sick for much longer. This, unfortunately, reinforces their belief that they need antibiotics to help their immune system, which ends up becoming true because their immune system becomes so weak and dependant on help, it eventually can't function without it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Well, another member posted this a while back about vaccines and autism. Of course I don't know how accurate it is, but I guess people can look into that themselves if they want to.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

The table you showed there was interesting, but is there any source for it?

In any case, there are anomalies within the table - and i'm surprised at the number of vaccines that American kids appear to have, from that table. Can anyone verify that is a reasonable number? I'm British and from recollection, have had very few in my entire life!

More generally and opening up to the thread users generally, I think its quite concerning that someone can let their unsubstantiated paranoia affect their approach to health. Vaccines save lives. Do you really think that if TPTB want to put something in you, they would make the method of insertion optional?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ElisaTest

A voice of reason. Thank you. Somebody else who also knows how vaccines work as opposed to viewing them as some kind of poisin.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
When you're on the fence, which I was part way through my research, then it's a difficult decision. Eventually, you get to the stage where there's so much evidence of vaccine damage being covered up, that you would give your life to defend your child from a vaccine. A vaccine is a weapon

Originally posted by seeker11

Yes, I understand. The point of the question was to see if you're a parent then you can relate to the agony of trying to choose what's best for your child with information flying from all sides. Decision making becomes so much more difficult being a parent, and for me it is certainly not so cut and dry.

I'm sorry to hear about your family member.

Originally posted by seeker11
Do you have children OP?

I personally had a family member waste away after a vaccine. Perfectly healthy beforehand, living happily.

I do have children and it is them who I want to protect most of all, as children have such incredibly reactive immune systems. Every immune system is different, they are unpredictable, but especially those of children

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by QQXXw

I just keep articles I find to reread them sometimes if they need secondary research then clean out the favorites folder where they pile up like cord wood if not deleted. I have no reason to save evidence, I'm not doing this to gain fame, I'm researching to find cures for things. If you get caught up in having to protect your knowledge it gives you less time to learn new things that add to your knowledge.

Good points there! I certainly wouldn't want to gain fame from this either, it would put one straight in the cross-hairs. At the moment I can protect my own family, but maybe the laws will change one day. I do want to make it as hard as possible for them to change those laws, by spreading the truth on the Internet, Vaccines have caused the biggest Holocaust of all time, and it's currently worse than ever.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Let's see, we should all be locked up in an institution for thinking differently. Wow, that's quite the facist vision of utopia!
As for banning, I would at least like to see that they are not "compulsory". Let people make an informed decision. There have been recent news articles here on ATS of people being put in prison for "denying their children healthcare" and children being taken away from their parents directly after birth against the parent's will.

Well said LightSpeedDriver, it sounds like some people don't want freedom.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
ElisaTest,

Thank you for posting! The Church of Big Pharma has it's teachings, for the Church of Big Pharma to exist it needs money, this is why it's teachings are all designed to make it money.

When babies are vaccinated, this is a baptism into the Church, we are injected with illnesses to make it as difficult as possible to get away from this Church that we're going to become dependent on for treatment.

The majority of Doctors and Nurses are like Priests, if you ask a Priest about God they'll give you one side of the story, the Church's side, if they are aware of counter arguments it is unlikely they will share them. They have received all of their teachings from The Church of Big Pharma.

Going to see your doctor is like going to confession, this is why they prescribe to you what you need to do to improve your situation. "Take these pills" is equivalent to "Say these prayers", locking you into the Church further through mind and body.

Some people think that the teachings of this church are 'Science', unfortunately very few of the teachings are science. Firstly, when safety testing for a vaccine or drug, it is an investment, the researchers know what they're meant to prove beforehand. Big Pharma will use these researchers who come up with the most profitable results. There isn't much money available to look for vaccine damage, if a researcher proves vaccines are dangerous it can be the end of their career. What is 'Proven' is what's profitable to 'Prove'. This is what happens when you mix Medicine with Capitalism, it's an incredible evil mix. The only way the the two can work together is with Real Independent agencies in the middle, which is not the case with the FDA,CDC and WHO, as they have revolving doors between them and Big Pharma.

Originally posted by ElisaTest
Please do not talk about vaccinations hampering the human body's natural ability to ward of viral/ bacterial infection. Unless you hold a degree or are pursuing one in microbiology, speculation of the adverse side effects of vaccinations becomes a haven for media nerds. The only reason a body can naturally fight off infection, is if the pathogen in question is easily overcome by the the body's innate, then adaptive immune system or the body remembers a previous encounter and initiates the adaptive response. In both cases, the body recognizes key elements of the invading pathogen called antigens and formulates a counter attack by producing complimentary antibodies to disable the antigen. So when a human host becomes infected with parts of a virus/bacteria (antigen), the body reacts and remembers so it may prevent/ reduce another similar infection.

edit on 24-4-2012 by Rubinstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think some shots are needed some are not I mean come on chicken pox why a shot for that we all had that no big deal there. I understand somethings. But the flu shot that is up in the air my son got that and still had the flu twice. But I think separating the shots more will help also. live love learn

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
reply to post by ElisaTest

A voice of reason. Thank you. Somebody else who also knows how vaccines work as opposed to viewing them as some kind of poisin.

Dr Maurice Hilleman knew a lot about vaccines, he was the Chief of the Merck Vaccine Division

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
When concerning health issues fearmongering and speculation should be put aside. Disagreements about ufos, ghosts, religion and politics don't bother me. But when people are sending their kids to schools and daycare without vaccinations that is sending us down a dangerous path that we don't have to be on. If there is anyone conspiring to depopulate the planet the anti vaccine crowd will help them achieve their goal. If we stop vaccinating they could just sit back and watch us take ourselves back to the dark ages.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by joecool9887
I think some shots are needed some are not I mean come on chicken pox why a shot for that we all had that no big deal there. I understand somethings. But the flu shot that is up in the air my son got that and still had the flu twice. But I think separating the shots more will help also. live love learn

Yes, there are some where even if we are certain of vaccine safety, we know the vaccines are still pointless, like you say Chicken Pox is a great example.

The flu shot appears to be a way of spreading the flu and hence making Pharma plenty of extra ca$h
edit on 24-4-2012 by Rubinstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TZela
When concerning health issues fearmongering and speculation should be put aside. Disagreements about ufos, ghosts, religion and politics don't bother me. But when people are sending their kids to schools and daycare without vaccinations that is sending us down a dangerous path that we don't have to be on. If there is anyone conspiring to depopulate the planet the anti vaccine crowd will help them achieve their goal. If we stop vaccinating they could just sit back and watch us take ourselves back to the dark ages.

Thanks for posting TZela, if you get a chance, you might find it interesting to read some of the information at the beginning of this thread

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Is banning them too much? Too extreme?

Yes. I generally oppose most vaccinations [for me], but there is no quantitative difference between banning vaccination and mandatory vaccination.

Both are equally nonsense because both are extreme. If someone wishes to be vaccinated, good for them. If someone wishes not to be vaccinated, good for them too.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join