It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New age common beliefs and myths: let´s talk about them (maybe demystify some of them)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by smithjustinb

I am trying to show you something but the mind won't let me in.
Mooji does it so well. But then again not many get it.
Sorry to have wasted your time and patience.

What are you trying to show me that I don't already see?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Well i have tried to show you, i have been pointing but you won't look. I can't tell you in words.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Well i have tried to show you, i have been pointing but you won't look. I can't tell you in words.

I am looking though. I already see. I don't understand why you think I don't.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

If you insist that the seer can be seen you have not seen.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Or perhaps you haven't. The seer, when seen, is always underlying what is seen, but is not normally seen. In other words, just because I am seeing now, doesn't mean I am recognizing that what I am seeing is the seer, even though I know it is.

Do you disagree with me when I say, "there is only one seer" and that "everything seen seeing is seeing as that seer"?

No I can't see the seer by looking within, I agree with you there, but what you don't seem to understand is that the seer that is within me is also the seer that is within what I see.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Or perhaps you haven't. The seer, when seen, is always underlying what is seen, but is not normally seen. In other words, just because I am seeing now, doesn't mean I am recognizing that what I am seeing is the seer, even though I know it is.

Do you disagree with me when I say, "there is only one seer" and that "everything seen seeing is seeing as that seer"?

No I can't see the seer by looking within, I agree with you there, but what you don't seem to understand is that the seer that is within me is also the seer that is within what I see.

Its not an ordinary experience - to see the seer in others.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Yes, i was asking you if you could see what is seeing, from your perpective. So you agree that the seer that is seeing the screen before you as well as seeing the (your) thoughts and emotions and sensations cannot be seen.
I agree that there is only one seer, all eyes are it. God is hidden is the plain act of seeing, hidden in 'plain sight'. What is seeing is God.

The human mind gets in the way of pure seeing. Plain sight, seeing clearly without getting lost in illusion. The illusion that is seen is just a movie but when you look for the seer of the movie you find there is no one there.
When it is seen that the mind is also part of the play it gets really interesting. Dwell as the seer of the movie in comfort.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Itsnowagain and smithjustinb,

I don't know what you guys are thinking, but from this perspective it appears as though you are both talking about and describing the same thing. The only real difference I see is that of semantics and subjective interpretation.

Peace.

P.S.
I am willing to assume that you both have perfect knowledge of Self and of 'That' which is purely aware of awareness and consciousness. 'Others' do not need to experience Self the same in order to have true gnosis. We are relative humans.

edit on 4/24/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Coveting godhood is still a want and a wish.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What has editing my post got to do with 'seeing' clearly?
I write as clear as possible to bring even more clarity. Words and language are not very good at clarity. Clear seeing is wordless.

If you edit a post in order to make it have clarity for the reader, then you have imagined potential readers reading your post and being confused. Thus, you have clouded your original intent by changing it to appease imaginary readers.

I always wanted to be happy and i am now. I wanted the pain of life to go and it did. I am content now with what ever appears. Everything is provided.

Well, it is good to know you are happy. There's nothing more any of us could ask for.

What I am interested in is whether that pain still appears? You said it has gone, but do you still see it while you are Watching? Do you see it and just let it go as opposed to feeling it? Likewise, do you allow yourself to feel love when you Watch it arise?

I guess what I'm getting at is - how can you feel "happy" if you do not participate? An observer who cannot interfere does not experience the thrill of the "movie of life", only a pale imitation of thrill-by-proxy.

Imaginings are what is 'not happening'. Imaginings are 'thinking' you know what someone else is thinking, like you said here:
'You do not see that aspects of the movie which happen to be the thoughts of the person walking toward you who is thinking that they will pull out a gun and rob you at gunpoint at the exact moment you pass.' Quote.
Imaginings are like little dream bubbles, past thoughts, future thoughts, beliefs about other people, beliefs about me. I know what is real and what is imaginary.

I know that. But, the other person is thinking a bad thing whether you realize it's happening or not. Which is what I mean - you can only see the parts of the movie that are internal. You can't see anything external, even though it is happening, because you cannot Watch outside of self.

ETA: OK, I thought of another example. You see love for a person arise. You see a worry that this person does not love you arise. You do not see the rise of the other person's love for you, even if it is simultaneous, because only the other person's Watcher can see it.

So, when love arises, do you not need it? Even if you don't accept it?

I am aware of what is presently happening. Thoughts are seen and known as well as what else is presently appearing. I see all that is appearing presently. I am not caught up in mind made delusion. I am awareness.

All right, so you see your thoughts and do not think them. By thinking your thoughts, you become immersed in delusion. Though, if your thoughts arise and are presently happening, are they really a delusion? Are they not relevant to what is presently happening?
edit on 4/24/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I am aware of what is presently happening. Thoughts are seen and known as well as what else is presently appearing. I see all that is appearing presently. I am not caught up in mind made delusion. I am awareness.

No human is all-aware. We have not yet unlocked this potential...if we had, this world would not be as it is.

Similarly, this world being as it is is the reason we have not unlocked it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Yes, i was asking you if you could see what is seeing, from your perpective. So you agree that the seer that is seeing the screen before you as well as seeing the (your) thoughts and emotions and sensations cannot be seen.
I agree that there is only one seer, all eyes are it. God is hidden is the plain act of seeing, hidden in 'plain sight'. What is seeing is God.

It can be seen though. Like I said, it is not an ordinary experience and it is definitely divine. When the seer is seen in others, the emotion of the other is felt as well. So in other words, I am no longer seeing out of only my eyes, I am seeing from the perspective of the other as they are simultaneously seeing from mine. It is telepathy. It is seeing the seer. It is seeing God. And it is rare, and it is divine.

Imagine seeing the entire universe in someone's eyes. That's what my experience was like.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k
Coveting godhood is still a want and a wish.

So what? Yeah I covet Godhood, what's your point? To covet Godhood is to covet truth. All I do is look to truth. It just so happens that truth and God are the same thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Words flow out, are written fast sometimes, i then see a spelling or grammar mistake, i am precise in nature. I am seeing the words and as i go i am inspired by what i read.
If you don't like or agree with me on anything written i don't have the problem.

You assume i do not participate. I said before it is not possible to not paricipate. This character lives it's life and i watch it. I see life from a different place. Like i said before i see all of the movie as it 'is happening.'
Most people see a movie of 'what is not happening', the movie of them in the past, the movie of them in the future. Most people see words, a translation of what is seen into words and the words are believed. I don't trust words. Maybe that is also why i edit.
All states, happy,sad, anger come and go in what i am. I am the witness of everything that is passing.
I however, never pass.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

No human is all-aware. We have not yet unlocked this potential...if we had, this world would not be as it is.

Similarly, this world being as it is is the reason we have not unlocked it.

You might not have unlocked it but i have the lock and the key. My world does not look like your world.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Something I posted on another thread that I thought would have some value here:

Consciousness is that which has the ability to observe and define the universe. All observations are relative and nothing observed is what actually exists so all definitions are false. What you see is not what I see. What you see is you. What I see is me. As what each of us see is what can only be seen by each of us. The world you see is yours and yours alone. It isn't the same for anyone else. All is one YOU by your observation of it. It is you because you are the one who has defined it. You are the one who has said that it exists and it has been defined by your own relative terms.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

My world does not look like your world.

To see the seer in the seen, try to see the world from another's perspective. This is also called compassion.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I know it is divine. It is expeienced with trees and flowers and well everything. Even thought. What ever appears is divine. It is what is not really appearing that is scary, like tomorrow or yesterday. Or other mind made stuff.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I know it is divine. It is expeienced with trees and flowers and well everything. Even thought. What ever appears is divine. It is what is not really appearing that is scary, like tomorrow or yesterday. Or other mind made stuff.

Agreed.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

"What if the creator creates its creation...out of itself?"

reply to post by Manula

Maybe the creator creates out of itself... yup that is a good point.

I agree.

This is an excerpt from the opening post of a thread I recently authored:
God: My Gnosis

God is The Alpha, The Omega, The First, The Last, The All. The Formless, but may take form. The Timeless, but may experience time. The One, but may become many.

What is there except for God?
Nothing, because God is All.
For God to have created anything, He must have created it from Him Self; for All is He.

Creation begins with emotion... with thought....

Desires, words, and images in the mind become manifest in the physical by word or action.

We, as humans, are co-creators. We first create within our Self and then we project outwardly with word and action from what is, as God did so unto Him Self.

What we think and what we say, we bring forth.

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join