It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is No Such Thing As Dark Matter, It Never Existed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Perhaps Dark Matter doesn't exist and never did

No one really knows what Dark Matter is, but one thing is that it's invisible and may have a gravitational pull.
So I am only talking about gravitational pulls here, if that what some say Dark Matter is and has.

Firstly see this:

The Earth is not at rest. It orbits the Sun, which in turn orbits the center of the Milky Way Galaxy, which in turn moves within the Local Group of Galaxies - a collection of about fifty four galaxies in our "neighborhood" (that is, within about ten million light-years of Earth). The Local Group itself is "falling" toward the Virgo Cluster of Galaxies, a set of over one thousand galaxies about fifty million lights years away in the direction of the constellation of Virgo, and whose gravity pulls the Milky Way.

www.cfa.harvard.edu...

As we can see and are learning more, many entities have gravitational pulls
Some even may be very far from whatever it is pulling.

Scientists may think "Oh there's no object with a gravitational pull near the object that is being pulled, or perhaps it's invisible, it must be dark matter"
Is that what is going on here?

But there's ALOT of dark matter around the sun...
Or is there?

The most accurate study so far of the motions of stars in the Milky Way has found no evidence for dark matter in a large volume around the Sun. According to widely accepted theories, the solar neighbourhood was expected to be filled with dark matter, a mysterious invisible substance that can only be detected indirectly by the gravitational force it exerts.

www.eso.org...

Dark matter is a mysterious substance that cannot be seen, but shows itself by its gravitational attraction for the material around it.

Is this nothing more than scientist thinking of distance from the object being pulled?

Perhaps that's what this is all about
All these years talking about dark matter, perhaps the topic is merely proximity.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It may not be dark matter, but it will be something else.

There is something they can't account for.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Space itself imploding to become time as the past. The wake of this spherical spatial kinetics from everywhere, toward everywhere is gravity while it is converting into time.

What if matter "of light" is time as all the future coming to a stop in a string of infinitesimal duration instances we recognize as "the present", which is infinite expanse of space.
edit on 20-4-2012 by tkwasny because: Addition

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I thought "dark matter" was just the stuff out there that could not be seen/viewed because it was either not giving off any light or wasn't near anything that it could reflect the light from so we could see it (like the moon reflecting the sun's light).

I guess by looking for gravitational effects on things that we can detect, they're not finding other evidence of these things that we can't see. It's like looking for planets around stars by the "wobble" the planets cause on the stars. I think the main concern is that the scientists are not finding evidence of enough of the dark stuff to make their current models of the universe work out. Perhaps from their calculations, they expect there to be a lot more matter in the universe than what they can currently account for by their observations.

Now, the other thing that is currently really unaccounted for is "dark energy". That's a type of energy that's supposed to have some sort of repulsive force on or between things. Could that be what they're really trying to find to explain why the universe seems to continue to accelerate its expansion?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
dark matter is not yet off the list, cause its necessary to explain the odd rotation of galaxies in their outer regions with it.
without doubt dark matter is just a 'construction' making the theory work. And not being able to fully explain that, does not kick the theory itself into the recycle bin, cause there is simply no better theory to date.
observations revealed dark matter in various spots of the distant universe not by direct observation, but by its influence.
There are a few observed structures out there which wouldn't look like they look without the help of something causing effects like matter, but being invisible.

an interesting modern theory about dark matter suggests its an effect due to normal matter putting its influence into our universe from out of a different universe in the same locaton, but a different dimension.
(requires the multiverse-theory)
however this was one more interesting approach to it

The absence of dark matter around the sun is a senitive subject, and i think it need a verification yet ?
cause as far as i got it there was an ammount of 1kg dark matter expected around the sun and ..well..forgive me 1 kg in such an area ???

we'll see updates on that subject in the future, i'm very sure about this

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TMJ1972
dark matter is not yet off the list, cause its necessary to explain the odd rotation of galaxies in their outer regions with it.
without doubt dark matter is just a 'construction' making the theory work. And not being able to fully explain that, does not kick the theory itself into the recycle bin, cause there is simply no better theory to date.
observations revealed dark matter in various spots of the distant universe not by direct observation, but by its influence.

Thats where my proximity theory comes in right

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidchin
I thought "dark matter" was just the stuff out there that could not be seen/viewed because it was either not giving off any light or wasn't near anything that it could reflect the light from so we could see it (like the moon reflecting the sun's light).

hmhmmm

its very important talking about dark matter to point to what its meant to be

We have MATTER ... the normal matter like the one you find in your fridge for example
stars, planets, dust, atoms .. everything you see falls under this.
Even matter which would be expected to be there but you cannot see because its no illuminated may fall into this category. for example threwn out material from a supernove far far off its center.
You think it must be there .. so you assume that to be there.
the ammount of MATTER in the universe is proposed to be 4%

Then we talk about DARK MATTER
thats different from matter and unilluminated matter in the way that it has an influence but cannot be observed at all, even not against an illuminated background or anything else.
this DARK MATTER is different from matter which is thought to be present from calculations but unilluminated as described above.
choosing dark matter as a name was an unlucky decision, but the key identification is that DARK MATTER does not react with anything we know as matter.
it seems to be there for its gravitational effects it causes, but is undetectable to date.
The ammount of DARK MATTER is believed to be about 23% of the universe contents.

Finally we have DARK ENERGY which is thought to be another fancy stuff we cannot see, causing the universes expansion. This also remains a mystery cause it might pull from the outside, or fills space in an unknown way .. who knows .. however observations show the universe expanding at an enormous rate.
we don't know why and say DARK ENERGY drives it.
the ammount of DARK ENERGY from all the stuff inside the universe is believed to be 73%

its ...ehm ... difficult ... but important to know is: dark matter is different from normal matter (be it dark or not)
if you close your fridge you still have MATTER in there..
the light goes off and ...
thats still matter, but dark, and not DARK MATTER.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TMJ1972

You wrote
We have MATTER ... the normal matter like the one you find in your fridge for example
stars, planets,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You must have a big fridge - any room for some Moons

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Thats where my proximity theory comes in right

as i already said, i think it was no more than 1kg of dark matter expected around the sun.
it appears that what you say 'proxomity' make the point here in wether there is something or not.

the mystery about the galaxies rotation is so strange that groups of scientists rejecting Dark Matter introduced a Modified Newtonian Therory called MOND (MOdified Newtonian Dynamics) up to their flag

details can be found here:
Wkipedia about MOND

your proximity, exlained there ?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
You must have a big fridge - any room for some Moons

hehe .. see how easy one can assemble something funny

i'm single, so basically my fridge is more than completly empty and when i open the door i get sucked in
i think someone once mentioned it has a negative energy potential inside there

also i'm rotating around it in a non-newtonian way, and fill it up from time to time with normal baryonic matter in form of a plastic bottles full of water. Not enough to hang photo-multipliers into them, but enough to wear the hinges of the door out.
but ..uhm .. i go off topic here .. this nice thread does not deserve that

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Some dark matter was explained away by the discovery of unexpected abundance of White Dwarf stars.
Not all planets and stars are as yet discovered.
Undetected material from Black Holes or even pulsars could be a source
Unfortunately we can not measure all that is only it's affects.
Somethings are off the spectrum of the range of technology
Though TMJ1972 fridge could be a contender
edit on 20-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Maybe it's Nibiru!

/sarcasm.

new topics

top topics

join