It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Deception the veil is lifting!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
this thread is in the hoax bin where it should be

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

I live in Ireland, I have seen it with my own eyes. Thousands of people travel to these places every year to see these alignments...

Time for YOU to do some actual research.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Did you personally take the measurements

Only of Stonehenge. That was a while ago, but last year's summer solstice went well.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by consigliere

How could ancient primitive people (without the tools we use today today) chart the stars so precisely?

And yet modern primitive man can't!

Either we had a technology far superior to what we are being told by TPTB, or IT WAS DONE JUST LIKE THE INUIT.

You miss the point entirely; yes, it was done like the Inuit. If what this video alleges the Inuit are saying is true, the ancient monuments should also be out of alignment. They are not.

Then the condescending statements about the Inuit is completely unfounded and inappropriate.

Also, the Inuit people say the sun rises in just about the same place, but sets differently. What does your "up to the minute", "in real time" use of ancient sites say about that?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Then the condescending statements about the Inuit is completely unfounded and inappropriate.

The condescension is not directed towards the Inuit, but towards the people who assume the subtitles are accurately translating what they say.

Also, the Inuit people say the sun rises in just about the same place, but sets differently. What does your "up to the minute", "in real time" use of ancient sites say about that?

Melting ice could lead to changes in the local horizon. But go ahead, believe whatever you want. Just remember this thread is in the [HOAX] bin.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

The condescension is not directed towards the Inuit, but towards the people who assume the subtitles are accurately translating what they say.

Melting ice could lead to changes in the local horizon. But go ahead, believe whatever you want. Just remember this thread is in the [HOAX] bin.

Heres the thing,,,,,I could care less about the moons orientation!

1. Your back tracking and lying about your condescending remarks, and I quote,,,,
"So yeah, those stones are a bit more precise than a couple elderly Inuit guys, etc."

2. Where is your "proof" of the ancient sites daily use and data to support your claim? And I quote,,,,
"There's hundreds of ancient sites around the world that align to solstices, etc... and guess what...
thousands of years after they were built they still line up exactly."

3. The Inuit referenced the position of the sun to "The highest peak", not ice.

Back on topic, Ive watch the Gifs, looked at the photos, and the moon does "appear" to tilt far greater than the Gifs explanation IMHO

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Hard to trust your judgement when you can't even keep straight who said what on an ATS thread.

The ancient monuments have literally right for thousands of years. A few elderly Inuit guys memory is obviously not as trustworthy as tons of stones which haven't moved in 3000 years or so. And it's not just one place, but dozens, around the world, and they're all still accurate.

Don't believe me? Visit one. It's a very easy way to test your crazy theory.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Heres the thing,,,,,I could care less about the moons orientation!

Then why are you getting so worked up about it?

1. Your back tracking and lying about your condescending remarks, and I quote,,,,
"So yeah, those stones are a bit more precise than a couple elderly Inuit guys, etc."

As captainnotsoobvious just pointed out, I did not say that. Please don't be so quick to call someone a liar; it leads to flame wars.

2. Where is your "proof" of the ancient sites daily use and data to support your claim? And I quote,,,,
"There's hundreds of ancient sites around the world that align to solstices, etc... and guess what...
thousands of years after they were built they still line up exactly."

I never said that. All you need to do to prove it to yourself is to go to your nearest megalithic monument or medicine wheel and see.

3. The Inuit referenced the position of the sun to "The highest peak", not ice.

So, you speak Inuit, do you?
edit on 17-4-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Hey you should check out this thread about the sun and it's position..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

Hard to trust your judgement when you can't even keep straight who said what on an ATS thread.

The ancient monuments have literally right for thousands of years. A few elderly Inuit guys memory is obviously not as trustworthy as tons of stones which haven't moved in 3000 years or so. And it's not just one place, but dozens, around the world, and they're all still accurate.

Don't believe me? Visit one. It's a very easy way to test your crazy theory.

WHAT THEORY?????

The point I was making was that DJ001 was being critical of the Inuit (just like yourself) regarding their
observations.
I asked how the ancient primitive people could have charted the stars (without technology,similar to ours),,,,,unless it was done like the Inuit (generational observations, which are critical to their cultures survival)?

He said it would be done like the Inuit, and I quote,,, "You miss the point entirely; yes, it was done like the Inuit."

So, how about YOU answer the question yourself!

Just read the thred

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Hey you should check out this thread about the sun and it's position..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank You Chad,,,gonna go through it now

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Just read the thred

No, you read the thread... and now I insist upon an apology.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

If i responded to you in error,,,I APOLOGIZE

None the less,,,,what are YOU getting so worked up about???

The point I'm making is NEITHER one of you have presented anything to discount the Inuit peoples observations,,,,all while discounting their knowledge of their environment, the translation, and still have yet to answer,,,,Why Does The Gif (proof/evidence) not "tilt" as far as some of the pictures?

Also, and more importantly,,,im trolling trolls

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
Ok guys... just as a warning... I am no expert LOL! So calling me names like 'ignorant', 'idiot', or just plane stupid will be useless, for I already accept any criticism that is to follow.

So... The Moon rotates at the same speed as it orbits the earth, so in 27.32 days it takes the moon to go around earth, the moon also completes one full spin around its axis, and this is why we always see the same side of the moon...

Correct, so far?

This would imply that the view of the moon, while it is full, should always be the exact same image unless something has changed... right?

So based on this notion... assuming I'm correct so far, I decided to do a search in regards to images of the full moon. If there is, or has been changes... it should clearly be seen when looking at these images.

2012 Wolfmoon

Supermoon 2010&2011

Fullmoon 1969

Fullmoon 1960

Now... I'm no trained professional... although I do have multiple years experience in the field of printing and photography LOL, still no professional!

But... I don't see any discrepancies as to the face of the moon in regards to its face over the years. I'm kinda at a loss as to what is truly in question here, but I hope that these images 'clear the air' and 'shed some light' so that a 'clear picture' may be made. such as the images I presented... weak attempt at a pun intended

BTW: The 1969 and 1960 images appear to be the same photograph, one was from NASA clearly labeled 1969, and the other was from another source with claims of being 1960, although this appears to most likely not be the case...
edit on 17-4-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

Though they all look incredibly similar, if you look at the upper right portion of the moon, the "dark spots" don't line up to each other in every picture, by quite a bit in a couple of them. Just thought I'd put that out there.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

If i responded to you in error,,,I APOLOGIZE

Apology accepted.

None the less,,,,what are YOU getting so worked up about???

I abhor ignorance.

The point I'm making is NEITHER one of you have presented anything to discount the Inuit peoples observations,,,,all while discounting their knowledge of their environment, the translation, and still have yet to answer,,,,

Because we don't know what the Inuit actually said, do we? All we know is what the subtitles say. Do you really think Hitler said this?

Why Does The Gif (proof/evidence) not "tilt" as far as some of the pictures?

Because the GIF is to illustrate nutation. The Moon's tilt appears to change throughout the night because the angle the Earth's surface makes with it changes with the Earth's rotation.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Fair Enough.

My skepticism, in virtually all things, is not without warrant. Like I said, I don't know anything about the moon.

What I Do know, is that TPTB have motives beyond the welfare of man, on a whole.

So I tend to 'lean" toward anything conspiratorial vs that which is commonly, readily, and as oft the case, unquestionably accepted.

But I also know when I've been bested

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have presented an appeal to have this thread restored to it's original location and removed from the "hoax" forum based on the following............
1. The recent quote from the photographer that was posted on this thread actually confirms the information, it does not refute it. His lack of understanding for what he has created and posted does not make it any less valid.
Here is a direct quote......
"I've just checked my daily stats for this collage of my moon photos. I don't know who posted it it on abovetopsecret.com .... or even what that website is for that matter. For your information. the shots were taken pretty much daily and are just a screen shot of the collection as they appear on my Set summary on Flickr. I don't see anything weird going on on the moon. The shots were taken sequentually (weather permitting) at different times and therefore they appear at different angles and different phases."
2. The pictures are all from the same source, confirmed by the source, and they were compiled by him as well. This information was copied verbatim from his collection without any editing.
3. He does not understand why his photos are unusual, therefore he obviously wasn't planning any deception or "hoax". I posted the image exactly as I saw them on Flikr, therefore I have not attempted to deceive anyone and there is no HOAX, just a lack of understanding.
4. He says "I don't see anything weird going on on the moon" which indicates he is not aware of the current controversy regarding "Moon tilt" but again, it does not change the fact he inadvertently captured something unusual.
5. He states the photos were taken "sequentually" at different times. He goes on to say this would explain the different phases and angles. The issue is not the time or angle of the phases it is the movement of surface features, his lack of understanding is simply further evidence that no HOAX has occured.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Thankyou for posting a very interesting thread. Sorry it got moved to HOAX because it certainly isn't. There are literally thousands of people that have noticed unusual celestial events. The moon, because it's so familiar, is an easy place to start.

It always makes me laugh when the first thing that is done to try and discredit this very real observation is a side-step...trying to muddy the waters. Trying to confuse it with libration or earthshine or any one of a number of completely irrelevant things. It is what it is and it's happening.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

5. He states the photos were taken "sequentually" at different times. He goes on to say this would explain the different phases and angles. The issue is not the time or angle of the phases it is the movement of surface features, his lack of understanding is simply further evidence that no HOAX has occured.

The surface features aren't moving.

You're either trolling or you really are just oblivious.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thank you for the very interesting thread, you have been very responsive and have given your best throughout the entire time. I'd say you answered folks questions as best as you could as well.

This website loves it's HOAX bin, I find myself checking the HOAX forum every once in a while for interesting threads due to this

Either way, if the moderator doesn't decide this very interesting thread is worth a damn - it doesn't really matter, because you bravely put out the information and defended it as best you could. It's unfortunate how quick we can be to scream Hoax, because it is such a dirty word. We live within multiple realities, causing 'nothing to be true' unless "The Group" can find a consensus. Group mentality has never failed in the past though, right?

I mean come on ATS, at least put it in the Skunk works - that way, no one has to worry about their reputation and we can still enjoy the thread. Just go look at the main page, this thread is far more interesting if you ask me.

If the blind mice didn't work together, the elephant would have never been apart of their reality.
The good moon is much larger than an elephant, if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join