It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Expert: Earth Is Cracking Up

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well one thing is for sure that when I was a kid you never heard of so many Earthquakes and Tsunamis to be honest. I mean that was in the 80's and 90's by the way

Something is wrong with our home Planet and if anyone wants to argue that there is not I am sure we are all going to witness the climax sooner than later I fear

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGallo

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Quake Expert: Earth Is Cracking Up

ummm,

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the earth already "cracked up"?

Is this not why we have "tectonic plates"?

The areas in between these plates are cracks, right?

This is just more sensationalism.

Oh damn, the club of logic ruins a perfectly ridiculous thread.

U WINZ JUAN INTERWEB!
TOO!
edit on 16-4-2012 by Luminaught because: Couldn't find the delete button.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunSwindon
Well one thing is for sure that when I was a kid you never heard of so many Earthquakes and Tsunamis to be honest. I mean that was in the 80's and 90's by the way

Is there a chance that you maybe just werent paying attention when you were 8?

Because there have always been earthquakes.

SF had a big one in 88, if you will recall. Bunch of the city burned, the bay bridge collapsed etc. Ring a bell?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Lightyears exist only for the purpose of defining speed based upon the rate at which we percieve light. Intelligence is also based from the rate at which we percieve our physical environment which is potrayed by light. Can we process thoughts faster than the speed of light? If so would this be considered an OBE in which our consciousness seperates from our physical environment. The laws of physics cannot be broken however they can be manipulated/determined by an intelligent enough entity. Intelligence is infinite however set to a linear scale tuned to our physical reality. To assume we have a complete comprehension of speed and time would be to assume that we have reached the precipice of intelligence. Our timeline may be that of the inner workings of a planksecond for all we know. There is no end. There is no begining. There just is.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There is a mystery of sorts here as it touches on an unfinished subject from last year. It's to do with a 'disappearing' Libyan earthquake from 19th May last year. It was detected at depth in the desert near Sinawin and measured 8.4. Gheorghe Marmureanu's national institute was only one of two sites to retain a report, and it seems to have missed the mainstream news, But seemingly other sites don't have it logged or, logged it and later deleted it. Some of the info is below,

Antelope Auto - Event 7699 NEAR COAST OF LIBYA

Date Time Err RMS Latitude Longitude Smaj Smin Az Depth Err Ndef Nsta Gap mdist Mdist Qual Author OrigID

2011/05/19 14:49:02.48 -1.00 0.72 30.7220 10.7871 -1.0 -1.0 -1 30.0 -1.0 7 7 345 11.02

Mag (8.4) 106673

More info here,

www.youtube.com... So was it a high yield weapon? or were all those sites kicking their sensors at the same time.
edit on 16-4-2012 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think I'm cracking up too....but I'll probably be ok.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm tired of waiting for # to hit the fan whatever's about to happen needs to hurry the **** up. I really hope it's this year so we can get it over with already

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
WE have a lot more earth quakes because of two things;

1) Fracking.

2) The melting of glaciers is releasing pressure on areas of the planet, and this is going to cause shifting, and more vulcanism per recent geological studies that revealed that after ice ages, earth quakes and volcanoes can be as much as 5 times more frequent.

>> But I don't think the earth is cracking up -- this might be an offshoot of all those nonsense theories that the planet is heating up because we are crossing the galactic plane, or cosmic debris and such -- ANYTHING to turn attention away from fossil fuel emissions.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Communication is much different today than it was then. If a girl breaks her nail in Australia, millions of people can find out about it within seconds.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Something is wrong with our home Planet and if anyone wants to argue that there is not I am sure we are all going to witness the climax sooner than later I fear

That could just be down to the 'Five day wonder' syndrome, NOAA has all the info here,

www.ngdc.noaa.gov...

Try the advanced search for Tsunamis for example, and enter in the dates from 1980 to present. There was plenty going on, then you could look up Earthquakes additional to Tsunami causing ones in the same period.

What is important in this thread is how credible this man, Gheorghe Marmureanu and his work is. There is no point in getting out the rosemary beads without knowing much more.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
how can one be a "quake expert" when no one human being knows the true mechanics and depths of this planet ?

To the "expert" I want to say .. "Thanks tips" .. we all understand and realize our planet is shifting and changing lol

~ Love is an art

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

39 major quakes in 2 days?

tooo many quakes?

how many are tooo many?

so, whats the worst case scenario for Indonesia/Sumatra, Gheorghe?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

The worst case? Some big earthquakes. Maybe another Tsunami. Thats what earthquakes do in that region.

What,were you hoping for zombie Apocalypse?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is my first post. I found it necessary, urgent, to register at this time.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Roughly about 5:12 there was an earthquake near Shafter California. It registered 3.5 on the richter scale. For several years I have looked at the California shake maps and very rarely do you see an earthquake in this area.

This area is due for a big earthquake according to this article.

www.sanluisobispo.com...

So please people living near Bakersfield California be carefull and be prepared. This earthquake can happen between Parkfield CA and the Tejon Pass. 7.0 to 8.0 is not out of the question.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Ok, case in point.
The recent Indonesia tsunami killed an unprecedented amount of people. however, that area , only very recently, had this kind of population build-up on the coastlines that were affected, mainly due to tourism and population growth in fisheries in recent times. If a tsunami had hit these regions a hundred years ago, there would have been probably , at most , 30k dead. This is not good by any means, but we are talking escalated, time reaction here.

Here is the sample, worst 5 in the last 300 years...
Source: www.aolnews.com...

1. 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami
On Dec. 26, 2004, a 9.2-magnitude earthquake struck the west coast of Indonesia, generating a series of tsunamis leading to casualties in at least 14 countries with waves over 100 feet high.

Death toll: 230,000

2. 1908 Messina Tsunami
The Messina earthquake and the tsunami's 40-foot waves struck southern Italy on Dec. 28, 1908, making it one of the deadliest natural disasters in European history.

Death toll: 123,000

3. 1755 Lisbon Tsunami
On All Saints Day 1755, the Portuguese city of Lisbon faced three earthquakes in a mere 10 minutes, leading to several tsunami waves nearly 100 feet high.

Death toll: 100,000 to 200,000

4. 1883 Krakatoa Tsunami
The May 1883, the eruption of Indonesia's Krakatoa volcano destroyed two-thirds of the island nation and created 130-foot-high waves.

Death toll: 36,000

5. 1707 Hoei Tsunami
One of the many tsunamis in Japan's history, the Oct. 28, 1707, disaster was triggered by an 8.6-magnitude earthquake and has been studied in connection to the subsequent Fuji Volcano eruptions.

Death toll: 30,000
---------------------------------

"When you or I were Kids, does not cut it." (and please, I am not attempting to be rude).
This is just the last 300 years, and imagine what went on before that, when there was no means to communicate such events to the rest of the world, other that a message carried by an observer on a ship that took months to arrive at destination.

As said in a previous post, there is no sample data that exists that is capable of telling us what happened in the past, or what is in store for the future. Cycles exist, we know this, but we have not been able to look at the big picture that tells us anything about what is really "normal" in this age.
edit on 16-4-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 16-4-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barrios

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Roughly about 5:12 there was an earthquake near Shafter California. It registered 3.5 on the richter scale. For several years I have looked at the California shake maps and very rarely do you see an earthquake in this area.

www.sanluisobispo.com...

So please people living near Bakersfield California be carefull and be prepared. This earthquake can happen between Parkfield CA and the Tejon Pass. 7.0 to 8.0 is not out of the question.

Dude. Earthquakes of that magnitude happen in that general area sometimes several times a week. Even a day.
Calm. Down

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

earthquake.usgs.gov...

www.sanluisobispo.com...

Dude. Earthquakes of that magnitude happen in that general area sometimes several times a week. Even a day.
Calm. Down

Not in this exact area. From Parkfield north yeah they happen often.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

The worst case? Some big earthquakes. Maybe another Tsunami. Thats what earthquakes do in that region.

You're

Gheorge?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Not in this exact area. From Parkfield north yeah they happen often.

LOL.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Again, a 3.5 earthquake in california, right near the san andreas fault is not uncommon.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

yes

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join