It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-un, has instituted a novel method of executing military officers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
SEOUL — North Korea’s young new leader, Kim Jong-un, has instituted a novel method of executing military officers — mortar firing squad. The 20-something Mr. Kim ordered a military officer to be executed in a way that would leave “no trace of him behind, down to his hair,” the daily Chosun Ilbo reported, quoting a South Korean government source.

The officer was placed at the aiming point of a mortar range, where an artillery shell exploded and blew him to pieces, the newspaper reported. His crime: being caught drunk during the mourning period for Kim Jong-il, Mr. Kim’s father and predecessor who died in December.

www.washingtontimes.com...

His father would be so proud of him

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

This is indeed quite sad.

I recognize the new puppy wants to flex his muscles and what not, plus he's the victim of social conditioning and programming to feel and believe such actions are the right and proper thing to do.

If aliens ever come to invade the planet, I sure hope they have a peace-ray gun device set up in orbit that makes it impossible for people to hurt each other anymore.

Asimov's 3 laws of robotics would be a decent thing for people to start practicing.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sometimes i read things about best korea and a lot of the times they seem so far fetched they were just made up.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Capital punishment for drinking alcohol is not uncommon around the world, Saudi Arabia has had quite a few public executions of foreigners over this issue. There is some gradual acceptance to this with drinking now permitted within hotels, but not out on the street.

As for North Korea, while such methods may be very effective, a firing squad is a more generally accepted method for such punishment.
edit on 15-4-2012 by kwakakev because: changed 'range' to 'squad'

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

South Korean government source

from the link in the OP
I wonder if that's the same source that said the torpedo that sank the Cheonan was North Korean
when it clearly WAS NOT

also from the same link

The Chosun Ilbo report is the first to note such an explosive method of execution used in Korea, but there are historical precedents in other countries. For example, during the 1857 Indian Mutiny, vengeful British forces earned notoriety for blasting captured mutineers from a cannon.

bad brits..bad

say remember when the Us troops In Vietnam used to frag the officers all the time?

sounds like this guy in North Korea is in good company and will fit right in
edit on 15-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I smell propaganda!

Funny how they leave this until right at the end of the article.

Some regional analysts were hesitant to grant full credibility to the report in Chosun Ilbo, a conservative paper. “In recent years, South Korea media and authorities have been far more skeptical of the weird and wonderful stories coming out of North Korea, such as cannibalism,” said Michael Breen, a biographer of Kim Jong-il. “This is the first juicy story about Kim Jong-un, and it is almost certainly from low-grade intelligence that got distorted in the telling. But there is a constituency that wants to believe it.” Still, Mr. Breen did not dismiss the report entirely. “Who knows?” he said.

edit on 15-4-2012 by faceofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

Lets just focus on our country...lets get it right here than we can worry about the other nitwits around the world

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ask anyone who has seen duty in the ROK.

Everyone says they are terrified of the DMZ because the Norks will not only kill, they will you eat your corpse.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I will give Kim Jong-un credit solely for creativity on this one should it turn out to be accurate (I always take reports coming out of North Korea with a grain of salt, mostly due to the fact there's little-to-no way to verify any story from alternate sources), as it would bring new meaning to the term 'overkill'.

If true, the new leader was clearly trying to make a point with this execution: no dissension from those serving under him would be tolerated, no matter how slight. Whereas the previous Kim seemed satisfied with simple executions with firing squads, it might appear that Lil' Kim wants to one-up on his father in order to firmly establish his control over the military.

And that worries me.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droidinvoid

Yes he would, actually

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think I also read that he threw the military man's incubating primi children out of the windows of the hospital as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Where did you get your Saudi information from? I'm afraid to yell you it's incorrect. There isn't a death penalty for drinking alcohol set in stone and it is not legal to drink anywhere there. Expats who live there often buy alcohol from the black market or brew it themselves. Other Arab countries have the hotel rule, but not Saudi

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

It would have been about 20 years ago that stories of public executions for drinking and other minor crimes by western standards where going around. Not sure of any exact sources being so long ago, but has taken a few Aussie lives over the years.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My defense would be
i was getting so drunk
because i was so sad
over the passing of big kimmy...

Should of been given a metal
not a morter..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Believe me I would rather take a morter to the face then starve to death in that # hole of a country. Kim did that guy favor. He probably would have been eating turds in the next few months to survive.
edit on 8-5-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Is there really a good way to take someones life? Nope there is not. May as well be creative. At least in this case it would be instant.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hmmm a month and and a half old article from Washington, makes me wonder for sure.
Kind of like when the Vietnam war was going south all of a sudden the Vietnamese people were animals because they were defending their country from an Invader.
The Vietnamese had sticks sharpened to a point and yes they had guns.
They never carpet bombed or spread Agent Orange around.
But yet they were savages for defending their homeland.

Spin Spin Sin.. and then Sin some more.
Makes me want to puke when I read this crap.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 8-5-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by Droidinvoid

Yes he would, actually

im sure big kimmie has done worse
we have not heard about.

yes he would really
edit on 8-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
Sometimes i read things about best korea and a lot of the times they seem so far fetched they were just made up.

Bingo and thanks for that :-)
Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join