It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All sorts of matter from what look like a second big bang is coming in at a fast speed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Picture this: A second big bang right to this universe's existing status occurs...

What do you think would happen to earth?

I think a second big bang would destroy the existing glaxies from right where they are.

Shot out matter from a second big bang would collide with the earth.

All physical life on earth would be destroyed.

One of these days a telescope is going to catch an ocean of exploided matter rushing our way. There will be nothing we can do.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Good find Op
Glad someone is on the ball...............Or off his rocker

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Picture this: A second big bang right to this universe's existing status occurs...

What do you think would happen to earth?

I think a second big bang would destroy the existing glaxies from right where they are.

Shot out matter from a second big bang would collide with the earth.

All physical life on earth would be destroyed.

One of these days a telescope is going to catch an ocean of exploided matter rushing our way. There will be nothing we can do.

What do you think will happen? If a nuke blew up next to you, you would die. What could possibly be said about your post except the obvious?

What is the point?

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Good find Op

Good find? What did he find except stating something that hasn't happened? Or, has no source?

Off his rocker..

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I know what you mean. There is like no more empty space left anywhere in the universe.

link   
reply to post by amongus

I'm pretty sure artistpoet was being sarcastic.

+6 more 
link   
Thanks for sharing your imagination and random thoughts on the board.
Those "what if this happened" threads really do add to the quality of posts here. I personally enjoy seeing people's every ADHD thoughts turned into threads.

link   
Too late

Galactic_Superwave

two bubbles of energy erupting from the center of the Milky Way galaxy.

Not exactly another big bang, but still your ocean of energy IS comming.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Ovadose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Good find Op

Good find? What did he find except stating something that hasn't happened? Or, has no source?

Off his rocker..

Oh yeh
Silly me saying stupid things
What do you think will happen if his theory comes to fruition ........maybe fruition is a badly chosen word
I know what would happen if Nuclear device exploded next to him as you suggested
Have you ever heard of sarcasm of course you have ....I know I know it is the lowest form of wit
Scuse whilst I go slit my wrists

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Optimistic thread, OP. New Big Bang is somewhere in the very bottom of my worries. Universe either exists for unimaginably long time since the Big Bang ,without the Big Ben v2 thus making it happen during existence of Homo Sapiens not to mention of Solar System highly unlikely, or the whole Big Ben theory is wrong. Which means there will be no second Big Ben.
Chear up. There are much more probable things that could wipe out this planet ,and those could be spotted with air defence radars rather then telescopes of various kinds.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i like it!

We wouldn't know it was coming because its not got here yet, if it spewed out more dark matter it could increase the expansion of the universe even more!

why not?!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
reply to post by amongus

I'm pretty sure artistpoet was being sarcastic.

Am I that easy to see through - are there no mysteries left to unfold in my feeble meaningless life

edit on 14-4-2012 by artistpoet because: WHATEVER

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Optimistic thread, OP. New Big Bang is somewhere in the very bottom of my worries. Universe either exists for unimaginably long time since the Big Bang ,without the Big Ben v2 thus making it happen during existence of Homo Sapiens not to mention of Solar System highly unlikely, or the whole Big Ben theory is wrong. Which means there will be no second Big Ben.
Chear up. There are much more probable things that could wipe out this planet ,and those could be spotted with air defence radars rather then telescopes of various kinds.

Isn't Big Ben near the Houses of Parliament in London - Hope it does goes Bang

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It would all happen so fast, we wouldn't see it, feel it, or even know about it.

It would be as instantaneous as anything could possibly be.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
OR.....nothing at all would happen. The Universe is mostly space, right? We do have a bit of a conflict in definitions here, but let's just go with it anyway. Chances are another Big Bang spewing stuff out in the Universe would miss everything that is already here. If the Universe did have twice as much matter as before, you could hardly tell the difference. By chance you might have a collission or two, but the Big Bang was not like a tsunami in that a wall of solid water rushed at you. It was an explosion with lots of space between the bits of debris.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

What if everywhere looks the same in space because the big bangs keep banging and never actually stopped.

Like a dripping tap into a bowl of water, drip drip drip waves go out, only its waves of matter and energy.

Sounds cool!

We only see our single big bang because we are only able to perceive things on our wave, surfing along the universe with us

edit on 14-4-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Well bummer.

But the electromagnetic radiation would kill us long before any exploided matter did.

edit on 4/14/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Not exactly sure how a big bang could occur. If the first actually occurred, then those particles are still blasting through space. Then, the matter would have to get past black holes, other galaxies, stars, nebulae, etc to get to us. In my opinion, we're more in danger by an existing star going supernova or our star dying. Given the state of our world, it would seem a stretch to worry about something otherworldly taking us out when we are in the prime position to do it ourselves, and quickly.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Good find Op

Off his rocker..

Oh yeh
Silly me saying stupid things
What do you think will happen if his theory comes to fruition ........maybe fruition is a badly chosen word
I know what would happen if Nuclear device exploded next to him as you suggested
Have you ever heard of sarcasm of course you have ....I know I know it is the lowest form of wit
Scuse whilst I go slit my wrists

Though you people are making me laugh, this isn't really fair. If knowledge were a ladder with 100 rungs, it's like you've made it to the halfway point and calling down to someone on the tenth rung, "Hey, you're an ididot!" You guys had to have been on the tenth rung at some point. As for me, I'm about on the 19th rung, so can you hear me up there!?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Isn't Big Ben near the Houses of Parliament in London - Hope it does goes Bang

You won't be taken seriously around here if you keep calling major events by the wrong name. It's not Big Ben, it's the Big Bean. JEEZ, some people!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join