It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Wilkes Booth aka The JWB Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Oh and here's some more stuff I found about Surratt and Samuel Mudd: Here
Still reading your well-thought out thread...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Dont forget this, local legend here in small town Granbury Texas

Booth In Texas

For conspiracy theorists, the curtain may never be drawn on the legend of John St. Helen. The Granbury man who loved to quote Shakespeare is still felt by many to actually be John Wilkes Booth, the man who assassinated President Abraham Lincoln.

Many who believe John St. Helen and John Wilkes Booth are one in the same also conclude that members of Lincoln's cabinet conspired to kill the president and then paved the way for Booth to assume the alias of John St. Helen and escape to Texas. There are historians who scoff at such conjecture, but the popular television series "20/20" and "Unsolved Mysteries" have provided enough corroborating evidence to at least arouse a collective curiosity.
According to the history books, federal troops killed Booth and a fellow conspirator 12 days after the former fatally shot Lincoln in Washington's Ford Theater. After Booth pulled the trigger, he reportedly leaped from the theater's presidential box to the stage below and broke his leg upon impact. Conspiracy theorists wonder how a lame Booth could have escaped to the northern Virginia farm where he was allegedly found and killed 12 days later. They conclude that governmental conspirators helped Booth escape.
Their speculation is fueled by the government's initial claim that Booth's body was dumped in the Potomac River when in reality it was buried in a Washington cemetery and eventually turned over to Booth's family for re-interment in Greenmont Cemetery in Baltimore. The John St. Helen that showed up in Granbury during the early 1970s walked with a limp and quoted Shakespeare as did the accomplished Shakespearean actor John Wilkes Booth.

John St. Helen, a saloon keeper while in Granbury, was also known to drink himself into a stupor every April 14, which marks the anniversary of Lincoln's assassination. Of course, St. Helen's limp and predilection for Shakespeare and liquor may have just been a coincidence, but it remains curious why St. Helen skedaddled when approached by a federal marshal in Glen Rose. As the story goes, St. Helen actually lived in a small cabin in Glen Rose for two or three years before moving to Granbury. Without bothering to pack, Helen left Glen Rose for Granbury as soon as he learned a local woman was about to marry a U.S. marshal and several marshals would attend the wedding. Perhaps the most telling evidence, though, is John St. Helen's own confession made on what he thought was his deathbed. The then ill St. Helen, still living in Granbury, told a priest and several others that he was, in fact, Abraham Lincoln's lone assassin. He then revealed where they could find the gun he used to kill the president.

The gun was later found wrapped in a newspaper clipping detailing Lincoln's untimely death. As it turns out, St. Helen survived what he thought to be terminal illness. So in retrospect, he spilled his guts prematurely, and maybe that's why he left Granbury without looking back.
It's commonly believed that John St. Helen taught school for three years (1879-81) in Bandera County and then taught one year (1885) in the first school built in Concho County's City of Eden. Regardless of what happened to St. Helen after leaving Granbury, it's well-documented that in 1903, an Enid, Oklahoma man named David George claimed to be John Wilkes Booth. George also claimed to have changed his name the first time around to John St. Helen. After this startling disclosure, George committed suicide.
It proved to be the final act to a mystery that may never be resolved.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Is there any real proof that Abraham Lincoln was NOT the same person as Jefferson Davis who lived to the ripe old age of 81, 24 years after the War that he 'lost' ended?

In May 1865 Jefferson Davis sat in prison just before being charged with Treason, which means that at this time America had one dead president and another in Prison being mocked by the Pope of Rome.

Anyway...continue along reinforcing the fraud.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Anyway...continue along reinforcing the fraud.

You mean uncovering the cover up?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

They do look sort of similar. hmmm....

But, definitely not the same nose or chin.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Clearskies because: of chins

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Albert Pike and Illuminati Connection. from Konquest's link;

1831 Guiseppi Mazzini 33° Founder of Italian Freemasonry. Revolutionary Terrorist Leader. Sicilian Gangster. Mafia Founder. Confirmed Mason. Took over for Adam Weishaupt's Illuminati. America's Subversion The Enemy Within. Chapter Supplement: Treason Giuseppi Mazzini was in close communication with the Confederate General, Albert Pike, who was the head of the Illuminati in the United States.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Clearskies because: of....ooops

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

they were born 8 months apart and a close distance apart.

i won't make any specific claims but there is more to their stories than what is popular.

what seems clear enough is that brothers fought and destroyed one another and America became the possession of foreigners.

i wonder if Americans are stupid enough to do it again.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oh and I wasn't trying to obfuscate this thread with links and finger-pointing, but I was looking at the Illuminati/mason connection that could tie Rome to old masonry and the assassination.
Albert Pike's Freemasonry
edit on 13-4-2012 by Clearskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by sonnny1

So was Andrew Johnson, and LBJ...These are Presidents that took over for an assassinated President keep that in mind...

I still find the Lincoln/Kennedy coincidences pretty strange.

www.school-for-champions.com...

edit on 13-4-2012 by lambros56 because: Forgot to end sentence.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

This story just gets more and more interesting, as we collaborate our findings about this events, and the people involved with the cover ups..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Stanton organized the assassination. One of the officers brought the intact diary of JWB to Stanton. Stanton removed many of the pages, and did not offer the diary into evidence during the trial of the accused. Four leading government officials were targeted for assassination, which would have led to Stanton being President. The people who were arrested and hung, never had a fair trial, as it was a military trial run by Stanton. Each of the accused had to wear a tight leather hood which prevented them from speaking to anyone. Johnson was supposed to have been killed too.
Lincoln wanted to have a just peace for the South, Stanton wanted revenge. Johnson followed Lincoln's policy of reconciliation, and was therefore a continuing target of Stanton.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Matt1951 because: corected spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
In addition to Lincoln, Johnson and Seward, assassins were sent to kill general Grant. See the Lincoln Assassination in Wikipedia.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Lincoln made the greenback dollar to pay off the war debt.
The fear that Lincoln would end the state bank has been part of a JWB
conspiracy for some people but I never did find a strong tie in.
Still Andrew Jackson survived an attempt by the international bankers so
there you go as far as could it happen again. Also with JFK the diminished
state bank issue raises its ugly head. The Garfield shooting was an out an
out assassination by a FED promoter if not mistaken there.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

There have always been stories/rumors surrounding a very turbulent period in American history... This is one of them. That Stanton, and others, were involved in a plot to remove President Lincoln, and as I understand it, to punish the south. JWB, while he probably did do the deed, was a pawn in the plot... Or so the stories go.

Personally? There's more than a little fire there in smoke. Many of the Lincoln admin were hardly his freinds. They were in the Cabinet so he could keep an eye on them... Stanton himself was convinced he should have been President, and not Lincoln...

I can't help but to imagine how different the ensuing century of civil rights abuse and protest might have been if President Lincoln had survived that night?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I can't help but to imagine how different the ensuing century of civil rights abuse and protest might have been if President Lincoln had survived that night?

Well we could only imagine. Seems like everyone who tried to make a change ended up in a body bag. These events will continue to occur once those who are in power fall. Thank you for contributing to this post seagull.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

These sorts of threads are endlessly fascinating for me. When I find them, I generally enjoy the heck out of them even if I don't opine.

Good thread on an interesting topic.

I've always thought that Stantons involvement in the "search" for the conspirators should have been looked at for more closely than it ever has been... The man was a megalomaniac, or close to it. It is fortunate, indeed, for the South, that he never became President... Reconstruction, with all its fault, would have been a nightmare; and possibly reignited the Civil War. MHO, of course...

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

"scores of suspected accomplices, probably some innocent ones, were arrested and thrown into prison. The suspects were finally winnowed to the eight prisoners, seven men and a woman, on whom there was enough evidence to try in court: Samuel Arnold, George Atzerodt, David Herold, Samuel Mudd, Michael O'Laughlen, Lewis Powell, Edmund Spangler, and Mary Surratt.[8]"

"Stanton ordered an unusual form of isolation for the eight suspects. He ordered eight heavy canvas hoods made, padded one-inch thick with cotton, with one small hole for eating, no opening for eyes or ears. Stanton ordered that the bags be worn by the seven men day and night to prevent conversation. Hood number eight was never used on Mrs. Surratt, the owner of the boarding house where the conspirators had laid their plans. A ball of extra cotton padding covered the eyes so that there was painful pressure on the closed lids. No baths or washing of any kind were allowed, and during the hot breathless weeks of the trial the prisoners' faces became more swollen and bloated by the day. The prison doctor began to fear for the conspirators' sanity, but Stanton would not allow them, nor the rigid wrist irons and anklets, each connected to a ball weighing seventy-five pounds, to be removed.[8]"

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...

"After taking office Stanton took over the management of all the telegraph lines in the United States. Stanton also censored the press and in this way kept full control over the news reaching the public. To maintain this system Stanton doubled the size of the War Department."

"Stanton was privately highly critical of the government and once told a friend that he could find "no token of any intelligent understanding of Lincoln, or the crew that govern him". However, Stanton and Abraham Lincoln worked well together during the war. "

"During the summer of 1863 an agreement under which Union and Confederate captives were exchanged, came to an end. Stanton and Ulysses S. Grant decided that the Confederate Army had more difficulty in replacing men than the Union Army. This included the decision not to take 30,000 soldiers from Andersonville. When Stanton heard about the high death-rate in Andersonville he decided to reduce the rations of captured soldiers by 20 per cent. "

"It was important for the prosecution not to reveal the existence of a diary taken from the body of John Wilkes Booth. The diary made it clear that the assassination plan dated from 14th April. The defence surprisingly did not call for Booth's diary to be produced in court. "

"In January, 1867, Lafayette Baker published his book, History of the Secret Service. In the book Baker described his role in the capture of the conspirators. He also revealled that a dairy had been taken from John Wilkes Booth when he had been shot. This information about Booth's diary resulted in Baker being called before a Congress committee looking into the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. Stanton was forced to hand over Booth's diary. When shown the diary by the committee, Baker claimed that someone had "cut out eighteen leaves" When called before the committee, Stanton denied being the person responsible for removing the pages.

"In his book, Why Was Lincoln Murdered? (1937). The historian, Otto Eisenchiml, suggested that Stanton had engineered the plot to assassinate President Abraham Lincoln. The evidence for this theory included the employment of John Parker to guard Lincoln, Stanton's failure to close all the roads out of Washington, the shooting of John Wilkes Booth, tampering with Booth's diary, and the hooding of the conspirators to stop them from talking. "

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
"(11) Lafayette G. Baker, chief of the National Detective Police Force, wrote a report on the assassination of Abraham Lincoln in code in a bound edition of Colburn's United Services Magazine. It was found and deciphered by Roy Neff in 1960.

It was on the 10th April, 1865, when I first knew that the plan was in action. I did not know the identity of the assassin, but I knew most all else when I approached Edwin Stanton about it. He at once acted surprised and disbelieving. Later he said: "You are a party to it too. Let us wait and see what comes of it and then we will know better how to act in the matter." I soon discovered what he meant that I was a party to it when the following day I was shown a document that I knew to be a forgery but a clever one, which made it appear that I had been in charge of a plot to kidnap the President, the Vice-President being the instigator. Then I became a party to that deed even though I did not care to.

There were at least eleven members of Congress involved in the plot, no less than twelve Army officers, three Naval officers and at least twenty-four civilians, of which one was a governor of a loyal state. Five were bankers of great repute, three were nationally known newspapermen and eleven were industrialists of great repute and wealth. Eighty-five thousand dollars were contributed by the named persons to pay for the deed. Only eight persons knew the details of the plot and the identity of the others. I fear for my life. "

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
"(12) Otto Eisenchiml, Why Was Lincoln Murdered? (1937)

There was one man who profited greatly by Lincoln's death; the man who was his secretary of war, Edwin M. Stanton. Brusque, insolent, cruel, Stanton was without doubt the most unpopular member of Lincoln's administration; but the President in spite of strong pressure, had been loath to let him go while the conflict was raging; he seemed to think that no one else could do the work as well.

After the war was over, however, it seemed only a question of time when Lincoln would divest himself of a secretary who was fast becoming both a personal and a political liability to him. It was to his advantage to have the President out of the way; it would mean a continuance in office, increased power over a new and supposedly weak Chief Executive and a fair prospect of replacing the latter at the next election.

As secretary of war Stanton failed in his duty to protect the President's life after he was convinced that there was danger in the air. He bluntly denied Lincoln's request to be protected by Major Eckert and did not provide a proper substitute.

It was probably due to the efforts of Stanton that all evidence of negligence on the part of John F. Parker was carefully suppressed. He directed the pursuit of Booth and allowed it to be conducted in a manner that, but for the assassin's accidental injury, would have allowed his escape.

The actual pursuit and subsequent capture of Booth were silenced by unusual methods and were subsequently removed from contact with the public, either by infliction of the death penalty or by banishment to a desolate fortress. Other prisoners, of at least equal guilt, escaped punishment. "

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join