It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: [Emergency] Coolant system of reactor 4 stopped

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There was a M5.7 right near Fukushima a couple hours ago.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Appears Reactor 4 with all the SFP has lost cooling power.

fukushima-diary.com...

4/12 14:44, alarm of water leakage from heat exchanger unit was given out, coolant system of the SFP of reactor 4 was automatically stopped.

Will search for more info.

fukushima-diary.com...

At the moment, Tepco is trying to check the leakage point of the coolant system. Now the temperature of SFP is 28℃, it increases at 0.5℃/h.

I'm not sure if this is planned by Tepco (maintenence) or if there is a bigger problem. Can't find anything else on it yet.

edit on 12-4-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This seems like a legitimate concern via solid sources. So I guess I'll stand by for TEPCO and MSM to completely cover up/ignore this entire thing. Romney and Martin are much more important.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
We have two spare bedrooms and a small shed - I'll sign up to house a couple of families.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
We have two spare bedrooms and a small shed - I'll sign up to house a couple of families.

Just make sure your guests aren't glowing!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

From the explanation of The Nuclear Agency, the temperature increases at a linear manner, at 0.5℃/h. It is not know how much water is leaking. There are 70hours until it goes up to 65℃ (=maintenance code).

that's interesting and a bit scary.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If it stops cooling It's all over, you, me, and everyone you know will die a slow skin leisiony hair and nail loss death.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, this would be the globalist FU if the rumor is true that Japan is joining BRIC and offers full disclosure on all held-back technology and Trillions in save the world from hunger and homelessness.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
If it stops cooling It's all over, you, me, and everyone you know will die a slow skin leisiony hair and nail loss death.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, this would be the globalist FU if the rumor is true that Japan is joining BRIC and offers full disclosure on all held-back technology and Trillions in save the world from hunger and homelessness.

I dont know that I believe this to be true, however, the island of Japan would be a wasteland, just as Ive predicted from the very start.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Does this coolant system often stop and start? Is this a regular occurrence? Or is it time to panic?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Im in Malaysia, anyone know if Im safe here if the thing blows?

I felt a couple of the earthquakes yesterday and last night, I just thought I was tired and had the shakes LOL

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Im in Malaysia, anyone know if Im safe here if the thing blows?

From what I'm reading, if this things blows, none of us are safe in the northern hemisphere, at least.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal

Whoa... Back up there a moment Dr Doom.
No offense intended...but lets take a deep breath and look for a moment. The last 36 hours have been active as all hell and those of us staying on top of it have had quite a ride, to be sure. Lets keep this in perspective though.

The time to have kittens over power dropping is BEFORE a meltdown.. I think that horse left the barn a week or so after the Tsunami. It was already without cooling of any kind for an extended period once...and it found it's equilibrium despite the mistakes of TEPCO. It will again, if this continues. It's not like this really gets a whole lot WORSE. I mean that literally.... We have ABSOLUTE knowledge of 2 meltdowns, likely 3 and possibly the 4th to some degree...Have they even gotten directly eyeballs-inside ANY of the 4 reactor spaces??

Anyway.... Don't plan any trips to Fukushima province, but I can't see what this really changed. Fuku was killing the planet yesterday, it's still killing the planet today and the slow motion nature of this train wreck is still constant and unchanged.
The end is coming from this infernal place....this just doesn't change it by much.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Anyway.... Don't plan any trips to Fukushima province, but I can't see what this really changed. Fuku was killing the planet yesterday, it's still killing the planet today and the slow motion nature of this train wreck is still constant and unchanged.
The end is coming from this infernal place....this just doesn't change it by much.

So are you saying that the fact that the coolant system stopped working has no effect? Or that we're all screwed anyway so it doesn't matter? (Just trying to figure out how fast I need to dig my bunker.)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I get that worked up over catastrophe. Ive been following this closely. I care deeply about the people in this world, even the one's I have never met. Yes pause and breathe is good advice.

Bring me some sanity today wrabbit, it would be welcome.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

So are you saying that the fact that the coolant system stopped working has no effect? Or that we're all screwed anyway so it doesn't matter? (Just trying to figure out how fast I need to dig my bunker.)

Considering they usually don't tell the truth it's very hard to say.

If the system has stopped and the leaks are repairable this isn't a problem. If this is a cover for 'water draining out of pool because of earthquake damage' then it's a problem. This happened at #4 already for a period of time and some of the other fuel pools.

And yes mostly Japan/Americas are quite hot already from various sources, however especially Fukushima. Airborne particle readings have been high on US west coast. Sea took the worst brunt though, ocean background radiation levels doubled. Rest of northern hemisphere is getting high patchy fallout. What north gets, the southern hemisphere eventually gets in lower levels too. So no one is safe but those with special technology or simple precautions. What is ultimately at risk is everything, as the genetic code can be manipulated by enough ambient radioactivity of the right type. This is how evolution and mutations occur, just everything would be mutated instead eventually. It is mostly due to culmination, when some isotopes last over a million years..

If you want up to date analysis check the fukushima megathread. It's hard to miss.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

You guys on the megathread are great. I follow often. Keep up the great work!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

I'm saying simply that the situation there went far enough beyond a manageable crisis to where I don't believe I'll worry about this development until or unless we hear it's gone this way for days and serious activity they can't hide or explain restarts in the fuel pile they are trying to keep cool. If there was any kind of balance left to maintain, like a normal reactor, I'd be downright disturbed by this news.

I'm just numb to it when the updates are small and relatively small to the overall disaster out there.
It's a terrible day when we look at the loss of coolant to a pile of reactor fuel to be small with relation to anything...but heck.. It's Fuku, right? This isn't even the most dangerous of the 4 in terms of fuel and how insanely dangerous some of what they still have there...unaccounted for....is.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Whoa... Back up there a moment Dr Doom.
No offense intended...but lets take a deep breath and look for a moment. The last 36 hours have been active as all hell and those of us staying on top of it have had quite a ride, to be sure. Lets keep this in perspective though.

The time to have kittens over power dropping is BEFORE a meltdown.. I think that horse left the barn a week or so after the Tsunami. It was already without cooling of any kind for an extended period once...and it found it's equilibrium despite the mistakes of TEPCO. It will again, if this continues. It's not like this really gets a whole lot WORSE. I mean that literally.... We have ABSOLUTE knowledge of 2 meltdowns, likely 3 and possibly the 4th to some degree...Have they even gotten directly eyeballs-inside ANY of the 4 reactor spaces??

I don't mean to be flippant but can you elaborate on your credentials and background on making such claims ? Have you been near the reactor ? Are you in close discussions with TEPCO or the Japanese government ? If you answer yes to any of these so be it. Or are you simply re-hashing the same obscure details ?

brill

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Thats not good

seems bad news is falling on us from everywhere at the moment.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Okay now I'm paying attention. This is NOT a good sign.

I live right on the water of Los Angeles too. Not happy right now because they have had nearly a year to make sure this type of thing wouldn't happen and I feel like people, would rather cover up messes than actually save people's lives.

The pollution from the Japan Tsunami and the nuclear implications have YET to be felt or seen and I know the cancer rates are going to be higher just from that.

If #4 goes then we're all in trouble.

Where the HELL are the world Governments on this. People like me who live in coastal California are supposed to just sit and twiddle our thumbs?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
I don't mean to be flippant but can you elaborate on your credentials and background on making such claims ? Have you been near the reactor ? Are you in close discussions with TEPCO or the Japanese government ? If you answer yes to any of these so be it. Or are you simply re-hashing the same obscure details ?

brill

Fair enough and nothing negative taken... In looking back at the way I worded the last one in particular, I can see that came off as being a lot more 'authoritative' than I'd meant it to sound. Honestly... I need to avoid these threads and just keep pretending that nightmare in Japan doesn't exist.

I don't work for anything relating to the Nuclear industry and my College focus has nothing to do with Nuclear topics unless I'm drawing something.

First, I haven't gotten over to the site I normally check for stuff out of Fuku which goes around the media and other stuff..I don't know what they're saying and leaking (no pun intended) out of there yet. My information comes from a mistake I made in choosing Fukushima and the Tsunami as my very first and BIG project when I got off the truck and decided to make a web site.

To that end.. I spent the better part of 3 months after that happened reading material, learning layman level nuclear topics and gathering/saving every scrap of data I could get on anything relating to TEPCO, Fukushima's Dai-Ichi and Dai-Ini plants (Dai-Ini is a about 7km down the coast) with all the tech specs the public domain held for all things related to it. Basically....an obsession is what it became. Months of it. By the end...I was so depressed and withdrawn by all I'd learned on this calamity, I'd just about given up...It's *THAT* bad and the only topic I've EVER learned about and felt true, deep black despair.

I still do because nothing there has gotten better. The reports coming out a couple times a month with photos (usually) make that clear enough. THIS latest story? Well.. It's like sentencing someone to die...twice. How many times can you doom a nation and areas of the world? This is just piling on a disaster that doesn't have much room left to get worse unless those containment buildings are just flat blown apart. Say....a Typhoon....and my biggest fear and nightmare at THIS point.

Make fun and give me hell though.. No.. I'm no professional on nuke topics. I'm just a guy who brought truth to the term that you CAN learn too much and some things can never be forgotten, once learned. All things in moderation, comes to mind as a saying as well. In this story and topic, my thirst for knowledge and zest for learning almost ruined my whole outlook on life. Thanks to TEPCO and one damned Earthquake in the worst place on Earth.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join