It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: [Emergency] Coolant system of reactor 4 stopped

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The website you posted about, the fukushima diary, has a more recent posting up now. It says that the water leakage was recovered (fixed?) and that the coolant system will be restarted after they recheck (the system, I guess).

That is an interesting website, but how do you conclude it as being a credible source? It looks like a blog to me. What makes this site more credible than MSM type sites? (Not being sarcastic or anything, genuinely would like to know) *ducks for cover*

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

From Tepco I'm not seeing what all the excitement is about:

"At 2:44 pm on April 12, 2012, an alarm "excessive leaking flow amount from heat exchange unit" went off and the pumps of the system automatically stopped. As a result of site investigation on leakage from the system, the following events were confirmed. We will investigate their relevance with the automatic stop of cooling system of the spent fuel pool. The water temperature of the spent fuel pool was 28°C and the temperature rising rate was estimated at approx. 0.5 °C/h.
1.During checking leakage from the system, at around 3:04 pm on the same day, we confirmed that hydrazine was leaking at a rate of one drop per 7 seconds from a check-valve installed in the hydrazine injection pipes of the cooling system. We closed the check-valve and the leakage stopped. (We injected hydrazine from 1:35 pm to 2:56 on the same day.) The amount of leaked hydrazine below the check-valve was approx. 20 cc (approx. 10cm x 20 cm x 1 mm).
2.At 3:10 pm on the same day, at the east side of the 1 floor of Unit 4 Waste Treatment Building, we found water leaking at a rate of 1 drop per 2 seconds from the pipe flange of alternative cooling line for the spent fuel pool. Afterwards, at around 3:55 pm on the same day, we retorqued the flange and confirmed that the leakage stopped. We confirmed that the leakage was approx. 20 liters (approx. 1m x 2m x 1-2 cm) around the funnel near the flange. The leaked hydrazine and water were only in the Waste Treatment Building and we confirmed no other leakage than these two places after the investigation."

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Fair enough and nothing negative taken... In looking back at the way I worded the last one in particular, I can see that came off as being a lot more 'authoritative' than I'd meant it to sound. Honestly... I need to avoid these threads and just keep pretending that nightmare in Japan doesn't exist.
Make fun and give me hell though.. No.. I'm no professional on nuke topics. I'm just a guy who brought truth to the term that you CAN learn too much and some things can never be forgotten, once learned. All things in moderation, comes to mind as a saying as well. In this story and topic, my thirst for knowledge and zest for learning almost ruined my whole outlook on life. Thanks to TEPCO and one damned Earthquake in the worst place on Earth.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Well said I appreciate your response and glad you took no offence. You certainly have a great deal of knowledge and its good to see it being shared and discussed. Look forward to more of your follow ups.

brill

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

No MSM site will go near Fukushima Diiachi [sp] and update news! That is the point. The big, bad elephant in the room. I hope we can all overcome this...

UFO1414

EDIT: fukushima-diary.com...

This is not funny. Event snowballing.

SFP4 over 55℃. Coolant system is still stopped.

Though Tepco stopped the water leakage, coolant system is still not back on. At the moment, they can’t estimate when they can recover it. Also, they estimated the temperature increases at 0.5℃/h, it’s increasing at over 1℃/h. It went up by 22℃ within 18 hours. Currently the temperature of SFP is 55℃.(10:00 JST) The safety limit is 65℃. At this pace, it will reach 65℃ about in 10 hours.

Sorry, gotta go to sleep. Will see you all tomorrow. All the best. Sincerely UFO1414.

edit on 12-4-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind hosting a Japanese school for teen girls.........

I mean......that's too bad, what can i do to help?......

We all know that Tempco is full of shet....and we all know that eventually Godzilla will pop out of the reactor and waffle stomp Tokyo in fire breathing fashion.....

Ok now that I got it out of me.........we are just prolonging the inevitable Im afraid. Nothing anyone can do...especially if yer in Japan.....there you wont be able to hide from it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

I don't know if this is something to be worried about but TEPCO is the last place I would look to find any truth about what is going on.

They lied before ... they would lie again. You can't trust liars.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

I'm with ya. I have room in my house for a distressed family!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Guess the Pampers Extra- Absorbant worked again,,,

i kid u not.

Me.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by donlashway
reply to post by UFO1414

From Tepco I'm not seeing what all the excitement is about:

Assuming what they are reporting is accurate (a silly thing to do in many cases), a hydrazine leak isn't the end of the world. Nor is a water leak.

However if the pool is not cooled it's going to begin to boil dry in about 6-7 days.
If the hydrazine is not injected for too long (to suppress over-oxygenation) then further building corrosion will result.
These buildings are in fast forward rusting mode, they used seawater to cool them for quite some time, plus galvanic corrosion between uranium and various building metals, plus other corrosive effects including chemical ones from the myriad of isotopes and high radiation itself.

Most cooling water leaks are usually rather radioactive due to there being fuel damage already in most sources. Also by the time they usually spot them, far more has leaked and drained than is measurable.

Fuel damage means the fuel has melted at some stage through over-temperature, the zirconium alloy around the outside of the fuel rod has ruptured and allowed extremely fine or aerosolised particles to escape. Nuclear fuel sputters like dust when melting down, through a process called 'coulomb explosion'. That's what caused all the 5-10 hot particle per day per man readings, on US west coast. They're the real killer as they sit in your lungs causing damage with far lower measurable levels, they float on the wind eveywhere. They sit in dust. They get into your food, children and anything else Geiger counters don't see them unless it's too late. Big nuclear only focuses on external dose for this reason, while forgetting to tell you that nuclear plants leak as part of their daily operations.

March 15th in Tokyo, I watched a webcast standard Geiger counter, build and peak at four times background from air particles alone. Again, a standard counter can't really detect these airborne particles, unless there are extremely dangerous amounts of them.
From current research this peak is thought to be a combination of ongoing melt through but mostly from a fire at #4 fuel pool, which occurred during these days, helicopter water dropping measures were in place.

Current readings here with a slightly different server from the same domain.
park30.wakwak.com...
edit on 13/4/12 by GhostR1der because: edit to clarify dust/aerosolisation and #4 sfp helicopters

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Anyway.... Don't plan any trips to Fukushima province, but I can't see what this really changed. Fuku was killing the planet yesterday, it's still killing the planet today and the slow motion nature of this train wreck is still constant and unchanged.
The end is coming from this infernal place....this just doesn't change it by much.

So are you saying that the fact that the coolant system stopped working has no effect? Or that we're all screwed anyway so it doesn't matter? (Just trying to figure out how fast I need to dig my bunker.)

I'm saying simply that the situation there went far enough beyond a manageable crisis to where I don't believe I'll worry about this development until or unless we hear it's gone this way for days and serious activity they can't hide or explain restarts in the fuel pile they are trying to keep cool. If there was any kind of balance left to maintain, like a normal reactor, I'd be downright disturbed by this news.

I'm just numb to it when the updates are small and relatively small to the overall disaster out there.
It's a terrible day when we look at the loss of coolant to a pile of reactor fuel to be small with relation to anything...but heck.. It's Fuku, right? This isn't even the most dangerous of the 4 in terms of fuel and how insanely dangerous some of what they still have there...unaccounted for....is.

There are SO many problems with MOST if not ALL of the nuclear plants in that northern area of Japan. Take a look at THIS thread which is I believe one of the first times I've seen the question posed. Pretty good information and links to the Plant wiki's too: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
A Salary man farted in Tokyo. damn I have to get on ATS and post about it because it is linked to Fukushima and I have to warn everybody!

YAWN! you people have been posting non-sense for the last year about this PLEASE STOP!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Do you not realize the irony of what you said there? Pretty much nothing the MSM spouts is true and when it is, it is of little true consequence. Blogs are usually independant, and if they give good sources, they are infinitely more valuable than anything that the MSM will tell you. Just listen to the argument and use your bloody brain. Don't just research the one incident, research everything you can get your hands on about nuclear accidents if you really wanna know. You can't use the whole "If I didn't hear it on the TV it didn't happen." excuse, as 99% of everything you read, hear or watch was paid for by corporations. If those corporations don't want a message being divulged, than it doesn't get heard. Blogs are far more trust worthy than that man, so long as you have a fully functional brain and the ability to tell the difference between fact and fiction. You must also realize that reality is really quite a bit stranger than fiction.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by musashi9

I smell a shill. If you want to live under a rock and revel in your own ignorance, than feel free to do so, but don't come here with your cheap insults and expect not to get a finger in your face as a result. Fukushima Daiichi is the single most serious nuclear accident that has ever occurred. I would consider that to be of great importance. Since you obviously don't, I would advise that you take your poor attitude elsewhere. It is not welcome here.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

What do you mean?
Could you please explain what would happen if that thing blows? thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I guess I'll just stop, drop, and roll. I question my soul's decision to reincarnate at this time.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I always "knew" that there had to be more nuclear plants in trouble..yet I didn't take the time to search for them. Thank you for putting this info together...I'm thankful that my sister is away from the winds that would carry this to her...yet I'm saddened by the millions....and millions who will be affected down the road. Damned be the reason to suppress this information...the planet deserves to know it.

I guess I'm more concerned because I have people both away and closer to the contamination...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Out of all the ATS members and even all the non members reading this thread, I will bet that not one of them would consider it a good idea to build four nuclear reactors that are .....

A) All in the same place. (Failure of one is a threat to the other three)
B) Right on the edge of the coast. (Rather than inland)
C) Practically at sea level in one of the most Tsunami prone areas on the planet.
(There is plenty of high ground nearby)
D) In a country plagued continually by strong earthquakes.

What were they thinking?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Curious.
Was that the steam driven coolant that shut down or the imaginary electric driven cooling supply???
Reactor 4.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I don't know if anybody's posted this yet but, it's a must read IMO........
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
After all this and still we do nothing to quell the technology that is destroying our world. With this in mind we deserve everything that happens. With all the earthquakes happening is'nt it plain to see that we are in the end times. Soon we will see 20 dollar loaves of bread as we all scramble to take up the mark of the beast so that we may be judged to spend eternity in hell! This is just as the bible tells us and even though i am happy that the end of these petty differences of man will soon be past! I am truely sadened by the fact that we could not solve our own problems! If i could solve the worlds problems by dying or perhaps never of being born then I would in a second. Yet with all we have we can't end hunger, homelessness, wars and the likes! These are only happening because of our petty differences, greed of many of us, with fear to accept the truth and any attempt to change it! This is by far a recipe for our destruction and if God were to leave us to our own devices we would all see that! I remember when i was younger thinking why with all we have were there still so much war, hunger and suffering in the world? It was not in till a few years ago did i find the answer to this question. I mean sure i knew this had to do with greed and selfishness but there is an even more sinister explanation to why we are in such a predicament. The truth is we are being controlled by the tyrannous state and though you may not believe this, that does'nt change the facts. I realize I am far off topic but if you think about it this page answers the question of why most man made things happen!
Goodluck to you all in the coming days for they will be filled with pain and suffering! Accept Jesus Christ and reject the mark I beg of you no matter how hungry you are! There are consequences for every action we take!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join