It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is purposeless torture moral?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Is purposeless torture moral?

Most governments seem to believe that torture is an immoral and evil thing and most do not have what we would call a torture chambers. Let’s ignore Guantanamo Bay and other exceptions please.

Religions do not seem to agree with this because religions promise a place of torture for evil souls and some believers will even drop a church that preaches that there is no hell. It seems that some believers want badly that there be this place of purposeless torture.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Hell is a place of purposeless torture and pain. It is used purely for revenge retribution and cruelty.

Some say we choose hell and some think that God, as our judge, sentences us to it. Some think it is eternal while some think that it and its occupants are eventually dumped into a lake of fire and destroyed. A long period of torture to some and a short term of torture to others.

From a moral standpoint, to even create such a place would not be moral.

Is it moral for God to use or let others choose to use his torture chamber called hell or the lake of fire?

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Our God YHVH Ruach Christ does not torture people for eternity,

he incinerates the wicked and unbelievers and they cease to exist,

and he imprisons the worst of the worst, in darkness and chains (hitler and osama, etc)

and he grants eternal life in Paradise to His elect

Your thoughts are not coming from God, you are being deceived and buying it, hook, line, and sinker

You are separating yourself more and more from your only Saving Grace,

You should Heed his warnings,

Before it's too late.

God bless you,

Amen.
edit on 4/12/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Our God YHVH Ruach Christ does not torture people for eternity,

he incinerates the wicked and unbelievers and they cease to exist,

and he imprisons the worst of the worst, in darkness and chains (hitler and osama, etc)

and he grants eternal life in Paradise to His elect

Your thoughts are not coming from God, you are being deceived and buying it, hook, line, and sinker

You are separating yourself more and more from your only Saving Grace,

You should Heed his warnings,

Before it's too late.

God bless you,

Amen.

My God doesn't do any of those mean hateful things...Your God sounds vindictive and crazy.....

Des

edit on 12-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Since we cease to exist, who cares? I don't remember anything before I was born, and I won't remember anything after I die. I'm fine with that.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

But does your "god" exist anywhere outside of your own mind?

Ours (mine, OP's, and yours) does.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
My God doesn't do any of those mean hateful things...Your God sounds vindictive and crazy.....
Des
Which god do you follow, and why?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

But does your "god" exist anywhere outside of your own mind?

Ours (mine, OP's, and yours) does.

We, even you and the OP, are all inclusive in my God....yes, even you...

Des

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

there are no evil people (humans). it is all spiritual. if someone becomes a murder for example, this person is "prepared" to do so. the "conditioning" starts very early in life. certain experiences and bad luck gives bad temper and control problems, which are "used" at a later point in life. there is no hell after death for the mortal human part, but maybe for something that is no flesh but spirit, that is with a human being.
human = mortal being.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Obviously any torture is immoral. Maybe religious Christians justify it because it is the Devil doing the torturing and not Jesus.

I dunno, I see the point in your post though I wonder if it is a bit of a jump in logic. I wonder if they would actually endorse the Devil torturing people in hell or if rather they just see it as a natural consequence of sinning and rather than actually justifying it or endorsing it they simply see it as a matter of unavoidable fact.

Believing a soul would be tortured in hell and endorsing that a soul being tortured in hell as a just consequence are two different things. Interested to see where this goes.
edit on 12-4-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Des
Which god do you follow, and why?

God, Goddesses, Energy, the all energy force....yep, that's about everything....

Des

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Says who though?

My source claims your god exists inside our Gods simulation,

My source is 66 separate books, written by 40+ authors, written over a period of ~1,600 years, compiled into a single Bible nearly 2,000 years ago, with a coherent, flowing, consistent message, and loaded with marks of Supernatural authorship, and currently followed by 2+ billion of the earths inhabitants, which has been proven by science and archaeology to accurately predict things thousands of years in advance, and give us the rundown of how we were created and by Who or What.

What are your "gods" credentials?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
Obviously any torture is immoral. Maybe religious Christians justify it because it is the Devil doing the torturing and not Jesus.

Um no. No where does the bible say that the devil will be torturing humans in hell. Matter of fact, the bible says that the devil will be punished there, not doing the punishing...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

God, Goddesses, Energy, the all energy force....yep, that's about everything....

Des
What about the Shwartz, do you follow that?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

In other words: pixies, fairies, your imagination......

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

My source is 66 separate books, written by 40+ authors, written over a period of ~1,600 years, compiled into a single Bible nearly 2,000 years ago, with a coherent, flowing, consistent message, and loaded with marks of Supernatural authorship, and currently followed by 2+ billion of the earths inhabitants, which has been proven by science and archaeology to accurately predict things thousands of years in advance, and give us the rundown of how we were created and by Who or What.

Why isn't your source the one with 73 books, or the other with 81 books? You know, the Catholic and Ethiopian Orthodox Bibles?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Because those books were not ordained by God to be placed into the Word I know is the truth

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

In other words: pixies, fairies, your imagination......

Hey...even you are God in my book.....

des

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Well you're correct on that, I am God,

and You are God to me as well!

Everything and everyone IS God, yet none are Him, except the Being Itself....

you are beginning to understand, now you have to define who or what this God is, and you need something to go on besides imagination

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Says who though?

My source claims your god exists inside our Gods simulation,

What are your "gods" credentials?

Energy...molecules...atoms, the ever flowing force field of life...how's that for credentials...the stuff the paper in your books is made from.....

Des

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Hydroman

Because those books were not ordained by God to be placed into the Word I know is the truth
Wait, what? How do you know what was ordained by your god? Also, don't you read the Book of Enoch? If so, was it ordained by god? If not, why are you reading it? Did you know it IS included in the Ethiopian Orthodox Bible?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join