It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Declare 'War On Moms'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Breitbart

They are starting to get mean .....

They are going after Mitt Romney's wife right away.

An easy mark I suppose.

Hilary Rosen, a partner at SKDKnickerbocker, the PR firm of former Obama communications director Anita Dunn, charged that Ann Romney "hasn't worked a day in her life" and suggested that Ann Romney can't possibly understand economic issues because she's a lowly homemaker.
"lowly homemaker" ? Ms. Rosen must be raving jealous !

Oh the desperation !

What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying, “Well, my wife tells me what women really care about are economic issues.” And, “When I listen to my wife, that’s what I’m hearing.” Guess what? His wife has never actually worked a day in her life. She’s never really dealt with the economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing—in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school, and how do—why we worry about their future.

In the same breath Rosen ironically says:

... there’s something much more fundamental about Mitt Romney—he just seems so old-fashioned when it comes to women, and I think that comes across, and I think that’s going to hurt him over the long term. He just doesn’t really see us as equal.

Yes, there is something old-fashioned about the belief that a homemaker couldn't understand the complexity of the economics affecting her household. Rosen apparently subscribes to the Linda Hirschman worldview, one that posits women are only as valuable as their contributions outside the home, unrelated to children and family. Rearing up the next generation that will someday run the world is woefully under appreciated.

From an overflow of the heart the mouth speaks and Rosen makes it clear that her prejudice against women who stay home stems from a lack of respect and appreciation for what those women do. If the goal of feminism is choice, Rosen betrays the mutual respect amongst members of the female sex by degrading the choices of other women.

Considering Ann Romney is a breast cancer survivor who reared five children and played the backbone to her successful husband, I'm not sure this is a battle Democrats want to pick.

Well Excuse them for being normal Americans !!

here's the video

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
So if I understand correctly, one single individual from a PR company saying two words ("lowly homemaker") about one indiviual constitutes a WAR by all entire one hundred percent of Democrats against ALL mothers?

Exaggeration much?

edit on 12-4-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This just further illustrates the insufferable attitude of those on the left who don't fit into their narrow definitions.

It's only the begining of a long hot summer.

When is the Mormon bashing going to start?
edit on 12-4-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
She has an excellent point. How can a woman whom has never had to deal with the real economics of say a "single mom" possibly understand what moms go through on an economic level??? And even if you take her statement as the holy truth, I still don't understand how a "stay at home" mom married to a wealthy man can possibly understand the economics of this world.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
She has an excellent point. How can a woman whom has never had to deal with the real economics of say a "single mom" possibly understand what moms go through on an economic level??? And even if you take her statement as the holy truth, I still don't understand how a "stay at home" mom married to a wealthy man can possibly understand the economics of this world.

Yeah, I guess stay at home moms don't have to shop for food or budget household finances.

They should just have supper ready when REAL people who WORK come home.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Considering Ann Romney ..... played the backbone to her successful husband

There is Romney's problem
He's just another spineless shill

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Pretty rude comment.. stay at home moms (and DADS!!!) are very hard working people. Whether they have money or not..

And for the ignorant tool who says rich women staying at home don't know anything about "the real world" .. usually in those situations the mother (or father if reversed) IS raising the child by her or his self. I'm going to make a likely correct assumption that Mitt wasn't home for dinner at 5pm every night while he was managing an investment firm, or sending the kids off to school in the morning.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Hilary Rosen, a partner at SKDKnickerbocker, the PR firm of former Obama communications director Anita Dunn, charged that Ann Romney "hasn't worked a day in her life" and suggested that Ann Romney can't possibly understand economic issues because she's a lowly homemaker.
"lowly homemaker" ? Ms. Rosen must be raving jealous !

Funny you put "lowly homemaker" in quotes...can you please show me where Mrs. Rosen used those words? Or was it the author of the spin piece who chose that slander?

Also perhaps answer these questions for me before I form an opinion on whether she ever worked a day in her life...

Mrs. Romney had her first child when she was 21, did she work any jobs as a teen? Or during her years in private school and Harvard?

How many Nannies, Maids, Cooks and Assistants do the Romneys' employ across thier 4 homes? Do the have an attendant that works on Romney's car elevator?

I tell you what...I will let you off the hook here. I think Mrs. Rosen was mostly correct in the sense that Ann Romney never was employed by anyone in her life and her duties as a mother were supported by a staff of Nannies and Housekeepers in a way the average American would not comprehend, BUT...I don't care, bigger issues at hand here and I give Mrs. Romney credit for being a mother to four boys, Nannies and Housekeepers aside it is still work being a parent.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

And for the ignorant tool who says rich women staying at home don't know anything about "the real world" .. usually in those situations the mother (or father if reversed) IS raising the child by her or his self. I'm going to make a likely correct assumption that Mitt wasn't home for dinner at 5pm every night while he was managing an investment firm, or sending the kids off to school in the morning.

I have to disagree. I know folks with genuine wealth. It is the Nannies job to get the kids ready for school, the drivers job to take them there, the cooks job to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner, the maids job to clean up. The Romney's have a car elevator so that they don't have to walk up a flight of stairs. I have a hard time picturing Ann slaving over a stove or cleaning the house.

Look at this way...The Romneys have several homes...

Here is the Romney Home in Mass

Here is the Romney home in Utah

How many cooks, nannies, maids do you think work for the Romneys at just these two homes???

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
So if I understand correctly, one single individual from a PR company saying two words ("lowly homemaker") about one indiviual constitutes a WAR by all entire one hundred percent of Democrats against ALL mothers?

Exaggeration much?

edit on 12-4-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

It depends.

Maybe she was told to say that.

It didn't sound like an ad-lib comment.

It may have come from the DNC.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Sounds to me like she is the Dems "Ideal Woman".

Never worked a day in her life.... the ulitmate dream of the little leeaches-a.k.a the Democratic Party Masses.

Sounds to me like a little jealousy...

Even the White House and Mr. Axlerod are running from this crazy B...

Open Mouth... insert Foot.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The spin on this is totally inaccurate. She wasn't talking about her being a homemaker. She was talking about her being RICH, RICH, RICH. She was talking about how out of touch Romney and his wife are regarding the tough economic issues facing the "unwashed masses".

This is not a "war on Moms" at all. If your thread title was "War on the Rich", that would be a little more accurate, although I don't think it's a war to state a fact. When you have spent your whole life extremely wealthy, you can't possibly know first hand what it's like to struggle financially. So, Romney stating that he listens to what his wife tells him are the big issues for mainstream America - is a joke.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Sounds like the Romney family employs many people.

At least that helps keep those same people (and their own families) from collecting my tax money !

Maybe there's some good from all that evil.

I wonder if all those nannys and housekeepers have health insurance ?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is pure agenda propaganda
The whole Idea is to destroy the family and get at the children..."kids" they call 'em
that is a major communist agenda
womens lib was never about liberating women just like liberating Iraq was never about liberating Iraq
(well the oil was liberated..as was Saddam's bank account)

While under the illusion of freedom women now basically have to be wage earners to compensate for the destruction of the dollar and if on the doll, they create a whole bureaucracy, and excuse for more government and taxation...which are in this case, stepping stones to communism

Since writing these words last week, I have discovered that before she became a feminist leader, Gloria Steinem worked for the CIA spying on Marxist students in Europe and disrupting their meetings. She became a media darling due to her CIA connections. MS Magazine, which she edited for many years was indirectly funded by the CIA.

Steinem has tried to suppress this information, unearthed in the 1970´s by a radical feminist group called "Red Stockings." In 1979, Steinem and her powerful CIA-connected friends, Katharine Graham of the Washington Post and Ford Foundation President Franklin Thomas prevented Random House from publishing it in "Feminist Revolution." Nevertheless the story appeared in the "Village Voice" on May 21, 1979.

Steinem has always pretended that she had been a student radical. "When I was in college, it was the McCarthy era," she told Susan Mitchell in 1997, "and that made me a Marxist."
www.rense.com...

So...
of course Mr CIA Communitarian poverty pimp has to have someone PUBLICLY belittle that image of the classic feminine role, and trash any role models. It is part of the strategy for the destruction of the family..and the related values.
Not to say Romney isn't headed in the same direction...He assuredly is..he has the same bankers backing him.
Part of the strategy for destroying America involves him picking a similarly useful criticism in the obama camp
edit on 12-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You have to take this in the context it is being shoveled; political. The idea is to rope in the younger female voters who are as-yet unmarried or not-yet-mothers.

Over the course of a lifetime, I have only known a small handful of females who, once they had children, wished for anything else except to be full time moms. Whether it is instinctive or simply good sense, is debatable. But only a very few wish themselves into the 9-to-5 rat-race while leaving their kids at some impersonal, antiseptic day care center.

But again, this is purely political and an effort to reign in a certain vote. Unfortunately, it seems to reflect an overall disconnection with what many of us call the 'human experience'. Women get a very short period when they can become mothers. This campaign seems to me to be more anti-female than anything else.

edit on 12-4-2012 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Sounds like the Romney family employs many people.

Sure do...as a matter of fact there are some large questions as to how many of them are illegal as they only declared the ones in Utah on thier tax returns and they refuse to discuss how many other house servants they employ.

At least that helps keep those same people (and their own families) from collecting my tax money !

Maybe there's some good from all that evil.

Romney isn't evil, he is just greedy and ambitious to a fault. His dishonest ways and flip-flopping, "I'll be anything you want me to be" attitude serves him well in his career of buying and selling companies for a quick profit, but his type does not belong in the whitehouse in my strong opinion.

I wonder if all those nannys and housekeepers have health insurance ?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Sure do...as a matter of fact there are some large questions as to how many of them are illegal as they only declared the ones in Utah on thier tax returns and they refuse to discuss how many other house servants they employ.

That would certainly be the downfall of Romney if true !!

Could also be that Romney uses contractors, and the contractor's employees may be illegal.

Many big time politicians have been steamrolled for having illegal employees !!

If Romney stumbles, who gets the nomination ?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Naturally in all fairness, we need to give Michelle credit for working with kids at home .....

It sounds like the Obamas had a real struggle on their hands !!

Speaking Friday at what the administration called “The White House Forum on Women and the Economy,” President Barack Obama said that after his two daughters were born, he and his wife—both Harvard Law School graduates—could not afford the “luxury” of having her stay home with the children.
Obama on Why Michelle Was a Working Mom (at $316K Per Year): ‘We Didn't Have the Luxury for Her Not to Work’

In 2005, when Obama began serving in the U.S. Senate (and his daughters turned 4 and 7), he and his wife were earning a combined annual income of $479,062. Barack Obama was paid a salary of $162,100 by the U.S. taxpayers, and Michelle Obama was paid $316,962 to handle community affairs for the University of Chicago Medical Center.

They Must have had nannys and helpers ?
(probably legal too !)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Seriously, I'd like to know if the multimillionaire Romney's wife has or had a nanny, housekeepers, maids or resources that most of the average stay at mom's would never have access to, she probably does not have to worry about money, or how do I pay for this or that, will I have enough gas money to get the kids to school today, will I have enough money to do this or that.
I would bet that she never has to face the issue of I may have to possibly find a part - time or full time job because I can't afford to stay at home, there are more bills than I can keep up with...I really do not think that the democrats have declared war on moms, that is a little extreme, I really do not think she is the epitome of average soccer mom for sure, lets be real these comments are directed at the wife of an elite multimillionaire running for office of the president who will never be able to fully identify with anyone that is average or below average on the social economic ladder.
edit on 12-4-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

That would certainly be the downfall of Romney if true !!

Could also be that Romney uses contractors, and the contractor's employees may be illegal.

Many big time politicians have been steamrolled for having illegal employees !!

If Romney stumbles, who gets the nomination ?

Yes, it's an open question. On thier tax returns they declared 4 domestic workers...and they looked to be paid part time, or dramtically underpaid...they won't comment which. One of the domestic workers ended up actually being a Personal assistant and running a Romney Pac. SO that leaves 3??

These are just 2 of Romneys homes...how many people would it take to clean one of these houses?

Here is the Romney Home in Mass

Here is the Romney home in Utah

How many cooks, nannies, maids do you think work for the Romneys at just these two homes???

Perhaps he does maintain the Grounds, Houses, Cooking and cleaning via specific services, but the Romneys will not discuss or disclose specifics...and all of those servants are silent/unidentified. Non-Disclosure agreements? Worrying about losing thier jobs? Deportation? who knows.

Who does the nomination go to if Romney drops? It would be a fight between Gingrich (Establishment) and Paul (TP-Libertarian) forces. Gingrich doesn't have a lot of money, yet he is hanging in there...why...he might know something and be waiting for the field to completely come down to just him and ROmney and then he will drop something right before the nomination. If Romney is aware of it, he might offer Newt a VP slot to play nice.

All conjecture..but why is Newt spending his last nickel to hang in there? He is a crafty bastard
Anything is possible.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join