It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Is Massing Troops On Iran's Northern Border And Waiting For A Western Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Russia Is Massing Troops On Iran's Northern Border And Waiting For A Western Attack

www.businessinsider.com

The Russian military anticipates that an attack will occur on Iran by the summer and has developed an action plan to move Russian troops through neighboring Georgia to stage in Armenia, which borders on the Islamic republic, according to informed Russian sources.

Russian Security Council head Viktor Ozerov said that Russian General Military Headquarters has prepared an action plan in the event of an attack on Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Once, a fair time ago, I played a computer game "World At War". This centred around global war between Russia, its satellite states, and NATO. I thought it quaint and outdated with it's late 80's theme.

Now, in reality, for the first time since a notorious incident in the 80's involving a nuclear submarine, we could be looking at Russian forces engaging Nato forces.

The question is, will Russia follow through on its' pledge to defend Iran and Syria? As Casus Belli go, this one is far stronger than the Russian invasion of Georgia a few years ago.

I'm actually genuinely worried this will be another Korean style war - it's all about Hegemony baby!!!

The Rev.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-4-2012 by The Revenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The pieces seem to be falling into place, however I believe this will fall short of a full on engagement with Russia. I don't think Russia has the oomph to sustain a full on conflict with NATO for long.

Mind you, sabre rattling of this magnitude can soon get out of hand. Watch this space.
edit on 10/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
America wont win this war against Russia and China unless America lunches a strike and an attack on Russia's Nuclear power plants and turning Russia into a nuclear waste dump, which is one scenario i predict.

I hope it wont happen otherwise America will lose its ties and friendship with Japan and Britain.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
The pieces seem to be falling into place, however I believe this will fall short of a full on engagement with Russia. I don't think Russia has the oomph to sustain a full on conflict with NATO for long.

Mind you, sabre rattling of this magnitude can soon get out of hand. Watch this space.

Yes, you're probably right - my train of thought is about which will take precedence, the middle-east, or the North Korea situation.

I'm hoping the people of Israel wake up and stop their fascist government before they attack Iran...

The Rev.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Russia Vs. Nato?

We've accepted Nato as a country now I see....

But real talk, I don't think anything is gonna happen.....

If I'm wrong, I believe it'll be the first of a few domino's including civil unrest in America boiling over.

Life in Marvelous Times..

ETA: I take it back. Russia isn't one who just makes moves all the time, so something could definitely happen. The ball is in "Nato's" court. If Israel attacks, this WILL get ugly, fast.
edit on 10-4-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow, this is pretty much revelation prophecy coming together. and a whole other host of prophetic "russia/gog" attacks

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This thread is already up here
Russia is Massing Troops

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

No, NATO is an organisation borne out of the North Atlantic Treaty in 1949.

If the USA enters Iran and Russia attack then the rest of NATO will be forced to intervene. We are all allies after all.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

No, NATO is an organisation borne out of the North Atlantic Treaty in 1949.

If the USA enters Iran and Russia attack then the rest of NATO will be forced to intervene. We are all allies after all.

My point is, we don't even talk about the US going to war anymore. We go to war under the guise of Nato.. Smoke screens.

There's a reason "Nato" sounds like some kind of band of heroes..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I see your point. The fact is (right or wrong) most of the West want to preserve their way of life. We have similar ideals and will all fight for them if needed.

NATO world police to the rescue

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I see your point. The fact is (right or wrong) most of the West want to preserve their way of life. We have similar ideals and will all fight for them if needed.

NATO world police to the rescue

Get the hell outta here... This has nothing to do with "preserving your way of life" while the US is becoming a POLICE STATE.

If "preserving your way of life" is what NDAA is for, and the patriot act then your way of life sucks.

Nato is nothing but a money hungry crime syndicate. Quote me.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

NATO was built upon a need for a strong reactionary force coming out of WW2. The 28 nations involved have the same basic ideal to keep things as they are. Simple.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

NATO was built upon a need for a strong reactionary force coming out of WW2. The 28 nations involved have the same basic ideal to keep things as they are. Simple.

Yet they continually change things.... hmmm..

And what did Libya have to do with that? Oh right, dude was tryna unite African currency... THREAT TO THE WESTERN WAY OF LIFE.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

the war will go nuclear and biological very fast.Ends with total destruction of NATO.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

That's my point. I'm not saying I agree with what's happening but the fact is the west will do anything to protect what we have. Be that right or wrong.

Lybia was a rally point for David Cameron also. Funny he was just taking out the man we (probably) put in power and destroying all the weapons we sold him.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by Grifter81

the war will go nuclear and biological very fast.Ends with total destruction of NATO.

And by that logic the destruction of everything else. As usual it will be left to the normal guy to pick up the pieces. If there's anything left to pick up.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The Russian military is a joke. The Georgian / South Ossetian business back in 2008 made that clear.

The only real worry wrt Russian offensive capability is due to the nukes.

And they won't be using those over Iran.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
just one comment

Watch Countdown to Looking Glass... 1984... same damn scenario almost to the letter.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky1

I agree, this is just sabre rattling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join