It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Is Massing Troops On Iran's Northern Border And Waiting For A Western Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
By the way Thread OP
Whose the source for this business insider news article? god i hope it isn't true.

Because business insider had an article about santorum exiting the race even though that isn't true and hasn't happened yet.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well, IF U.S. & Co. were planning on doing something, they might want to re-strategize due to the loss of ground communications & intel. . . But i'm sure theres more, where that came from.

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran's official news agency says the country's intelligence department has dismantled an Israeli-linked assassination and sabotage network.

The Tuesday report by Irna says several "mercenaries" were arrested in different parts of the country and that large quantities of weaponry and telecommunications equipment were seized.

It said more details will be revealed at an appropriate time in the future.

Iran periodically announces the capture or execution of alleged U.S. or Israeli spies, and often no further information is released.

Israeli-linked 'mercenaries' arrested in Iran. 04/10/12

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JWash

I'd sooner believe the Weekly World News' report that Kim Kardashian's butt has exploded than anything reported by Iran's official "news" agency.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky1
The Russian military is a joke. The Georgian / South Ossetian business back in 2008 made that clear.

The only real worry wrt Russian offensive capability is due to the nukes.

And they won't be using those over Iran.

That is exactly what they want you to believe.
Don't be fooled. If the SHTF in Iran, Europe will be invaded by Russia. Mark my words!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JWash

Those 'reports' are merely stating that the Iranian "news" agency has made a certain report.

They do not contain any original data or any other data that elaborates on or substantiates any events which may underlie the original Iranian Fars "news."

Thus it is NOT being 'reported on a lot of news.'

The links you posted are just echoes of the original and in all likelihood utterly baseless report from Iran's state propaganda 'news' service.

edit: I used to read Iran's Fars website often, but stopped after I realized it was 99.9% baseless propaganda.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Spooky1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

How?

Russia does not have a border with Iran.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Seems Russia is getting mad at Georgia for playing games again. The little guy poking at the big guy again.

www.dailytexanonline.com...

GORI, Georgia — A museum that has honored Josef Stalin in Georgia since 1937 is being remodeled to exhibit the atrocities that were committed during the Soviet dictator’s rule.

Georgian Culture Minister Nika Rurua said Monday that his nation, which became independent in 1991, can no longer host a museum “glorifying the Soviet dictator.”

The gigantic museum includes the house where Stalin was born and some 47,000 exhibits, including his personal belongings and death masks.

It remained open despite the de-Stalinization campaign and denunciation of his personality cult. But in post-Soviet Georgia, whose pro-Western government has been actively removing traces of Soviet past, the museum seemed like an anachronism that mostly attracted foreign tourists and a few die-hard Communists.

And Russia is building a cover story for going in. Health issues.

www.agra-net.com...

Russia's believes its livestock sector may have been deliberately targeted by Georgia in a calculated attempt to spread disease among the country's pig herd, a top Russian official said yesterday.

"African Swine Fever fever came from Georgia. It came to Ossetia first and spread into the Krasnodar and Stavropol territories later," Russia's chief public health official Gennady Onishchenko said yesterday. "There are signs that the infection was induced artificially. That is an act of economic sabotage.." local news agency Interfax quotes him as saying.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Well that answers my question on how...

Close your eyes and randomly pick 2 non issues to use as pretext.. One would think Russia could come up with a better plan than livestock and a museum that correctly displays history.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
By the way Thread OP
Whose the source for this business insider news article? god i hope it isn't true.

Because business insider had an article about santorum exiting the race even though that isn't true and hasn't happened yet.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

A good point Agent.
Massing troops in Armenia?
Has anyone looked at the terrain and logistics of this border?
Gyumri Armenia does have a base with a runway a little over 2 miles long.
The next southern runway is in Syunik and is about 6000 feet long and is about 90 miles away as the crow flies.
Between the two airfields are mountains, valleys and long switchbacks.
The two highways between Syunik and the Iranian border city Narooz, is either M-2 or H-46( to H-48 to M-2).
Each route travels through valleys and switch backs. Both are not good options considering how coalition forces handled Iraq's military, crossing the Kuwaiti border.
The highway systems continue to be problematic throughout northern Iran, and the Russian targets would end up akin to fish, being shot in a barrel.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I made same thread at midnight last night:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Oh wow reading this article really makes this whole iran situation, real.
Scary times guys and how did i miss the news on the rumored attempted coup in China!

I swear if 2012 ends up being the end of the world, im gonna lose alot of money.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Theres more going on then just Iran. Russia has its eyes on Georgia and Ossetia becoming a part of Russia. Heres another random event.

www.irishtimes.com...

South Ossetia elects ex-KGB officer
TSKHINVALI, Georgia – A pro-Russian former KGB officer has won the presidency in Georgia’s breakaway region of South Ossetia and has suggested he would push for the tiny territory to join Russia.

A mountainous region of about 30,000 people, South Ossetia has been at the heart of Georgia’s bitter relations with Russia since breaking from Georgian control in a war in the 1990s.

Moscow recognised it as an independent nation after a brief war with Georgia in 2008. Internationally it is only recognised by Venezuela, Nicaragua and the Pacific nation of Nauru.

The victory of Leonid Tibilov, the Kremlin-backed candidate, is certain to bolster Moscow’s influence in the region as it seeks to complicate aspirations by US- backed Georgia to join Nato.

Who else was KGB? Putin I think.

www.flightglobal.com...

Georgia flies first domestically-built drone  Print By: Zach Rosenberg Washington DC 43 minutes ago Source:

The central Asian nation of Georgia has flown its first domestically-produced unmanned air vehicle (UAV) from a military base outside Tbilisi, the national capital. The catapult-launched UAV can achieve up to 10,000ft (3,000m) altitude and 86kt (160kmh), boasting an 8h endurance. It is Georgia's first domestically-produced UAV.

Georgia has purchased a number of Israeli systems, including the Elbit Hermes 450 and Skylark, which were used during Georgia's 2008 conflict with Russia. Reports from Georgia indicate that the aircraft will be equipped with a gimbaled photographic/infrared camera payload, though the manufacturer is not mentioned.

Neither the Georgian Ministry of Defence nor Washington-based embassy immediately responded to questions.

Drones flying near Russia and Israel and the US are both involved.

This one says they even are after Soros because of Georgia.
www.eurasianet.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky1

Neither Troll nor Canadian.

It is just that I know the future. And the cool thing is, no one here on ATS believes me.

Learn German and read this Book.
It's really a bummer that it isn't available in English.

Its first release was in 1996, it predicted 911, Katrina, the Tsunamis, the latest global financial crisis in perfect chronological order.

There are many prophecies in this book from various people from various eras that predict that the Russians will march into Western Europe after the War against Iran has started.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

And Serbia now has a Pro Russian Candidate seeing Russian Troops in Serbia would really shock NATO And back fire there goals

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Georgia has a incentive to poke sticks at Russia. They get paid big money to do so. Hell the US alone gave them a billion dollars for poking Russia last time. Russia knows the game. They play the same game with Iran as a proxy. If the US moves on Iran. Russia moves on Georgia. tit4tat. We do the same thing with many other countries. And when the pledge runs out its time to start poking again.

georgia.usaid.gov...

edit on 10-4-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You might want to reconsider your statement on Santorum.....here's some sources indicating that he has in actuality exited the race

www.nytimes.com...

news.nationalpost.com...

www.thestar.com...
edit on 10-4-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: links

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
America wont win this war against Russia and China unless America lunches a strike and an attack on Russia's Nuclear power plants and turning Russia into a nuclear waste dump, which is one scenario i predict.

I hope it wont happen otherwise America will lose its ties and friendship with Japan and Britain.

I believe it is safe to say that if the United States deliberately targeted Nuclear Power plants with the aim to crack them open and contaminate the countryside as a war tactic, the world won't have too long to wait for people to try for it. Americans will handle the business of collecting up those "people" who would order such enormous crimes against the human race and Earth as a friggen planet.

Is there a international crime category for crimes against the planet? I've never heard of something that would fit or bring that to mind...until you mentioned this. Now I can't help but think such an evil idea might need addressed in case some leader would actually consider it.

edit on 10-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by The Revenant

How?

Russia does not have a border with Iran.

Just a quick note because the truth on this is something the media absolutely isn't making a point of saying..... The northern most Iranian territory is 106 miles by air from the soil of the Russian Federation. It's a few miles further to get from the beaches north of Tehran to the shoreline of the Russian Federation that way, but not by much.

Iraq had no such borders...and Afghanistan isn't remotely close. This is talking about thumping a nation and using military forces closer to actual Russian soil than we ever have before. Well... Since World War II anyway...and Putin is no Stalin. He's not onboard with this. Danger is what I see ahead. Rather extreme danger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join