It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

And history proves that

Why is it most religious folk seem to ignore all history besides what is written in the bible?

You are aware that written history only goes back 6000 years yes?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Garfee

I'm doubting someone would come up with such a lengthy list to prove a point in a made up story.

2nd.

Have you ever read the Harry Potter series including Bettle the Bard?, the Lord of The Rings trilogy? The Chronicles of Narnia? any other series where character development was well rounded?

Take the Star Wars franchise, the 3 original movies were actually in the middle of the story, the writer wrote what became the first 3 movies(prequels), and another 3 after the first set, to develop characters, and their back stories.

Just saying.
edit on 4/10/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

I'm still betting that none of these stories have one single character in which the author went back 76 generations in detail to explain their origin.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

reply to post by Garfee

I'm doubting someone would come up with such a lengthy list to prove a point in a made up story.

2nd.

Have you ever read the Harry Potter series including Bettle the Bard?, the Lord of The Rings trilogy? The Chronicles of Narnia? any other series where character development was well rounded?

Take the Star Wars franchise, the 3 original movies were actually in the middle of the story, the writer wrote what became the first 3 movies(prequels), and another 3 after the first set, to develop characters, and their back stories.

Just saying.
edit on 4/10/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

I'm still betting that none of these stories have one single character in which the author went back 76 generations in detail to explain their origin.

That's because there were hundreds of people over hundreds of years writing some of the clap trap in the bible and only one JK Rowling writing over about a year and a bit.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
all genesis says is that adam and eve were the first man and woman, not the only man and women God created.

15 mins after God created them, he could have started the creation of the asian race, the black race, the natives etc.

he could have went 100 miles to the south and started another civilization or went to africa and laid the foundation of black people.

humanity can't be much older than the first civilization, because there would have been evidence of our existence.

atheist talk about evidence, if man is millions of years old, according to their theory of evolution, there would be evidence. there is zero.

and if we were that old, we'd be space travelling the galaxy by now, not barely 100 years into the electricity age and barely off horses for transportation.

the bible makes complete sense to me, people just have an irrational anger towards God.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

and according to the "evidence "in your post
he could have done nothing
because he doesn't as you describe him..exist
unless he is telling you to vote for Herman CAIN

(or John McCAIN )

christianity has a lot of swear words in it
because NO ONE swears using the name of a god that has proven himself to exist
edit on 10-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Xcathdra

Can you show me the photographs of Adam and Eve so I can see their bellybuttons? Thanks.

Go to yahoo or google and type in adam and eve and click pictures.

When Adam and Eve was created there was no cameras or photography.

Photographs did not exist until the early 1820's.

And if Adam and Eve were created there should be no belly buttons. Also as much as I appreciate modern technology you seem to be forgetting about the old cave paintings and paint and canvass paintings. The world existed prior to the 1800's.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Of course they didn't. Many parts of the bible are examples of allegories, Adam and Eve being one of them. My Sunday school teacher told me the same thing years ago and shocked many parents once the kids went back to them and told them what was said. He changed his story after pressure, but I remember specifically what was said. The story of Adam and Eve taken in the literal sense is just illogical.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Genesis 5:32-10:1

Everything on earth will perish. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.”

Any questions?

How did my version differ?

You say he didn't travel to other continents?? So the animals on other continents perished? Or .........

It is the most illogical story ever told. It is sad and humorous at the same time. How can so many self described "Intelligent People", believe anything written in that fictional book.

Religion is the only thing on this planet that is faith based. There is not one single ounce of proof that there is a god, heaven or hell. Nothing - notta, except a book written by man.

Religion is a crutch for weak minded people, who other wise would not be able to deal with death and dying in a rational way. If the productive masses have belief, they will be much more productive when loved ones die. It's an ancient trick on humanity. Your mothers death is much easier to stomach, if the hope of a heavenly reunion is present. If your ok with being tricked, dream on little dreamer.

One day, modern day religion will be laughed at (even more than it is now), like the religions that worshiped a sun god.

If you do a little research, you'll find that the bible / Christianity / Catholicism and the many different flavors, are simply a flavor of a earlier religion that pre dated jesus and god. It is a well proven form of civilization control. If you question it's validity, you'll simply be told to "have Faith." Its a racket, a fraud and frankly proof that our species has not evolved much mentally in the last 6000 years.

I still don't believe that the stated 88% worldwide believers, polled in 2005, is accurate. I believe that at least 25% of those people have an issue with being honest with themselves. They are essentially "hedging their bets"

Many religious people see it like this "What does it hurt to believe" - If he doesn't exist I am dead and gone, and if he does, I'll be in heaven with my loved ones. Denying science like closing your eyes to hide from danger.

edit on 10-4-2012 by MobiusShaun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

By the same token, logic dictates that if mankind were millions of years upon this earth that there would be WAY more than 7 billion people on the planet today. It is simple exponential mathematics.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

UNLESS, you take into consideration, the asteroids, mortality rate at all ages, plague and COUNTLESS other things that crippled growth.

The actual population explosion has been over that last 500 years.

Next?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MobiusShaun

Genesis 5:32-10:1

Everything on earth will perish. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.”

Any questions?

How did my version differ?

You say he didn't travel to other continents?? So the animals on other continents perished? Or .........

It is the most illogical story ever told. It is sad and humorous at the same time. How can so many self described "Intelligent People", believe anything written in that fictional book.

Religion is the only thing on this planet that is faith based. There is not one single ounce of proof that there is a god, heaven or hell. Nothing - notta, except a book written by man.

Religion is a crutch for weak minded people, who other wise would not be able to deal with death and dying in a rational way. If the productive masses have belief, they will be much more productive when loved ones die. It's an ancient trick on humanity. Your mothers death is much easier to stomach, if the hope of a heavenly reunion is present. If your ok with being tricked, dream on little dreamer.

One day, modern day religion will be laughed at (even more than it is now), like the religions that worshiped a sun god.

If you do a little research, you'll find that the bible / Christianity / Catholicism and the many different flavors, are simply a flavor of a earlier religion that pre dated jesus and god. It is a well proven form of civilization control. If you question it's validity, you'll simply be told to "have Faith." Its a racket, a fraud and frankly proof that our species has not evolved much mentally in the last 6000 years.

I still don't believe that the stated 88% worldwide believers, polled in 2005, is accurate. I believe that at least 25% of those people have an issue with being honest with themselves. They are essentially "hedging their bets"

Many religious people see it like this "What does it hurt to believe" - If he doesn't exist I am dead and gone, and if he does, I'll be in heaven with my loved ones. Denying science like closing your eyes to hide from danger.

edit on 10-4-2012 by MobiusShaun because: (no reason given)

Sounds as if you have an axe to grind.

Do you understand the difference between SPECIES and KIND? If he was gathering animals according to kind there would be no need to travel to other continents. That means he got 2 dogs, 2 bears etc. I am not denying science, just stating it as laid out in science books

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If you are "amazed" by this it just goes to show that you really have no idea what the chirch has been teaching for a very long time. Non-Christians often are surprised to find out that many, if not most Christians know very well that the Bible stories are a myth. Fundamentalism is not as prevalent as you might like to believe. In fact, if you read contemporary Christian scholarship, you will find that even the stories about Jesus are subject to the same scrutiny. In many seminaries, the overall conclusion is that Jesus was a charismatic man with a message. That's it.

Non-Christians can be just as childish in attacking Christianity as some fundamentalists are in believeing the Bible is the the written word of God. They react to the superficialities of the religion and never get deep enough into it to know the subtlties and nuances. "Adam and Eve are obviously myths, therefore Christianity is a lie!" Well, yeah, Adam and Eve IS a myth, but maybe that's not really the point. If a simple myth is all it takes to make you intolerant, then perhaps it is you who are the ignorant one.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MobiusShaun

So, by your theory, man was just a bunch of bumbling idiots for millions of years, unable to overcome adversities to the point of positive population growth. Then suddenly, 1600 years ago we instantly evolved to a superior species? If we were here for millions of years, we would have progressed much further than we have.

Next?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

By the same token, logic dictates that if mankind were millions of years upon this earth that there would be WAY more than 7 billion people on the planet today. It is simple exponential mathematics.
Modern man is about 150-200,000 years old, and they shared the Earth with some unfriendly and giant predators as well as other hominids. About 20,000 or so years ago the Ice Age began, and about 10,000 years later it ended rather suddenly, bringing huge floods around the world.

Having to survive large predators, stupidity, needing to hunt and forage for food, and hectic climate changes not to mention terrible living conditions... would have been a major damper on population. But who knows, maybe there WERE billions of humans before, but most of them got killed at the beginning and end of the last ice age, and became fish food.
edit on 10/4/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No not necessarily.

1) Limitations on food.
2) Immunity to diseases (or lack of)
3) Number of predators
4) Average life span
5) Nutritional deficiency
6) Available hospitable land mass to accomadate.

Many of those factors were not conquered until the 18th century. Number one on that list would be food limitations which were checked until petro-based fertilizers were invented which happened in the turn of the 20th century (green revolution). This provided the framework for the baby boom which saw population grow from 1.0 billion in 1850 to 7.1 billion today. Before 1850, population pretty much remained steady due to those checks.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: grammar, structure

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What about the National Geographic Documentary that traced all roots to our genetic tree to one man and woman? I mean yeah there were mutations that began the human race that were shared by many species of homo sapiens, but the ones that led to today's homo sapien sapiens was traced to two people one male and one female, as far as National Geographic said and the biblical story is just a watered down, summarized, basic description of such. That's what I thought anyway? Besides who did Cain have to fear death from when thrown out of his homeland? Another analogy that proves there were other types of Homo Sapiens in existence when in conjunction with the "Adam and Eve" or this is what I assumed from the Documentary.

Does this mean they are saying that all Homo Sapiens actually had the same exact genetic makeup and that there was no divergence so theoretically all of those could collectively be Adams and Eves? It still would fit into the story if that is the case. Either way the mutation had to have a starting point, a patient zero the first homo erectus...etc...still could be considered Adam and Eve. So I am confounded.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Wow... who would have thought... great find I guess.... took them long enough - ppl being saying this forever...

Why do ppl need a phd to be taken seriously?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Unlike most honky tonk christians i've took the liberity to email archdiscose to step down. I believe this is crucial.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

No not necessarily.

1) Limitations on food.
2) Immunity to diseases (or lack of)
3) Number of predators
4) Average life span
5) Nutritional deficiency
6) Available hospitable land mass to accomadate.

Many of those factors were not conquered until the 18th century. Number one on that list would be food limitations which were checked until petro-based fertilizers were invented which happened in the turn of the 20th century (green revolution) which provided a baby boom which saw population grow from 1.0 billion in 1850 to 7.1 billion today. Before 1850 population pretty much remained steady due to those checks.

Those 6 things could pertain to areas in Africa or Asia present day.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
it can be proven mathematically, because of the way man procreates.

since every person has a mother and a father, every time you go back 2 people, the population decreases until you reach two.

it's logic.

but science and atheists never acknowledge this mathematical statistic or even attempt to calculate it.

edit on 10-4-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join