It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell says Adam and Eve didn't exist

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Prove it. Provide me a scientific link showing that science has perfected radiocarbon dating and that it isn't affected by heat, thereby changing the outcome.

Nobody has said that Carbon dating is unquestionably perfect, unlike some would like us to believe the Bible is.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Based on your comment, what exactly do you have faith in?

I'm not seeing faith in anything you've said.

So, you have faith in a God? Just not the God of the Bible? Is this what you've been telling me?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Creation and evolution can co-exist to a point, but evolution can't explain what sparked creation before the evolution process began. Likewise, science isn't even remotely close in figuring out human DNA.

Excuse me? Have you never heard of such thing as the Human Genome Project? Apparently you nose has been so buried in a certain book that you have lost all sense of time and missed out on the Science updates for the last decade.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It doesn't matter to me if you think the Bible is perfect or not. The only thing our conversation tells me is that you lack faith that the Bible is the Word of God. I've only been pointing out verses that point to an explanation for why Adam was real and not a myth.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

Creation and evolution can co-exist to a point, but evolution can't explain what sparked creation before the evolution process began. Likewise, science isn't even remotely close in figuring out human DNA.

Excuse me? Have you never heard of such thing as the Human Genome Project? Apparently you nose has been so buried in a certain book that you have lost all sense of time and missed out on the Science updates for the last decade.

Well, maybe you missed this update then, but I didn't.

Are There Missing Pieces to the Human Genome Project?

www.scientificamerican.com...
edit on 11-4-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I've only been pointing out verses that point to an explanation for why Adam was real and not a myth.

Pointing out verses in a book thats very legitimacy is under question (and has never been proven as fact, ever) does not count as an explanation for anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Based on your comment, what exactly do you have faith in?

I'm not seeing faith in anything you've said.

So, you have faith in a God? Just not the God of the Bible? Is this what you've been telling me?

How about you just don't go there..........My personal faith journey is between my and my God, the God of Abraham, I will debate religion with you all day, I will debate the merits of the bible all day, but I will not justify my personal relationship with my God because you try to insinuate that I worship anything but the God of Abraham, the only God, Allah, YHWH, Dieu, Feuergott, Theos, Deus, whatever name I chose to use.

Just because I don't buy into the narrow minded brand of religion you have been fed does not mean I am not a man of faith.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

You do realize that the topic of this thread is about a statement a cardinal within the catholic church made?

He's the one that's supposed to be using scripture to back up his statements based on his profession, not me.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It doesn't matter to me if you think the Bible is perfect or not. The only thing our conversation tells me is that you lack faith that the Bible is the Word of God. I've only been pointing out verses that point to an explanation for why Adam was real and not a myth.

The Bible is not the word of God, it was written by man, sometimes with the words that were spoken to these men and women, but a great deal of the Bible is made up of the letters that learned faithful sent to other learned faithful giving advice, passing on messages, or giving news.

There is a reason the RED LETTER editions of the Bible are not wholly printed in red ink.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I never said you were not a man of faith.

I just said that you weren't a man of faith in the Christian religion. That's why it's called Christianity. Having faith in the Bible, Jesus, and why Jesus was sent to earth are the primary criteria for the religion. I'm sorry, but you did call yourself a Christian earlier.

That's why I asked you what you practiced, because I knew it wasn't Christianity. That's all. No more. No less.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

You do realize that the topic of this thread is about a statement a cardinal within the catholic church made?

He's the one that's supposed to be using scripture to back up his statements based on his profession, not me.

Why? Because he said Adam and Eve are a myth? You might want to look up the definition of that word, because Adam and Eve, along with the rest of the bible, are nothing more than myth.

At least he has the intelligence to recognize it.
edit on 4-11-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by paradox

Ok, so the pope decided once, that abortion was ok under certain circumstances, contrary to the "thou shalt not kill" commandment in the Bible, and all of a sudden he is right, and it is perfectly ok to contravene that commandment because he says so? so which is it?

Faith is between a person and their God, Organized religion is man made.

link   
It's a metaphor...

The whole Garden of Eden Story is a story for the transition from hunter gatherer to an agrarian lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I never said you were not a man of faith.

I just said that you weren't a man of faith in the Christian religion. That's why it's called Christianity. Having faith in the Bible, Jesus, and why Jesus was sent to earth are the primary criteria for the religion. I'm sorry, but you did call yourself a Christian earlier.

That's why I asked you what you practiced, because I knew it wasn't Christianity. That's all. No more. No less.

Again, don't go there, my faith in the Holy Trinity, The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, the God of Abraham, the only God, Allah, YHWH, Dieu, Feuergott, Theos, Deus, is between me and the Trinity, how very un-Christian like of you to declare I am not a Christian because I do not believe exactly as you do.

Again, back the # off on that, you have gone beyond personal with that.
edit on 4/11/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Ok, so the pope decided once, that abortion was ok under certain circumstances, contrary to the "thou shalt not kill" commandment in the Bible, and all of a sudden he is right, and it is perfectly ok to contravene that commandment because he says so? so which is it?

You're going to have to take that up with the Catholic denomination of Christianity. I don't have the answers for what they say and do.

I don't practice Catholicism.

I'm non-denominational within the religion of Christianity.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MobiusShaun

From your post, I gather you believe in the "old man in the sky that grants wishes"?
Are you one of the folks that is simply "hedging your bets"?

If you do believe in the bible's god, would you so kindly tell me your thoughts on the following:

a) Science has proven that the age of the Earth is Millions of years older than the bible says it is. Before you decide to use the inaccuracies of carbon dating, please learn more about it. Carbon dating is not 100% accurate, but carbon dating is accurate enough, to be 100% certain that the Earth is MUCH more than 6000 years old.

b) Noah: No man in his right mind, or with a logical mind, could ever believe the story of Noah. The story is a direct insult to logic. One guy built a 450-foot wooden boat and somehow put two of every animal (and seven of every "clean" animal) on it, including the animals living on continents that hadn’t been discovered yet (which means he also must have discovered and explored all of the Americas and Australia, not to mention climbed the Himalayas,.... what for?? to fetch the yaks), and kept them all alive and fed and playing nicely with one another for forty days, and then got them back to where they all lived. Seriously??????? No really, seriously???
So, a 450 x 75 x 45 arc, fit 3,858,920 animals? Logical??? Possible???

"Prove that god doesn't exist!" says religion!

If you don't believe in the bible's god, would you so kindly tell me your thoughts on the following:

1.Where in the Bible does it give the age of the Universe?

2.If God was involved in the flood, what exactly would God be limited to in regards to how many numbers of animals could be saved? Are we limiting God with our tiny speck of knowledge? Seriously??????? No really, seriously???

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You're going to have to take that up with the Catholic denomination of Christianity. I don't have the answers for what they say and do.

I don't practice Catholicism.

And yet, the comments of a Cardinal have bothered you to such a degree, won't you be in a real conundrum if he became the NEXT pope.

I'm non-denominational within the religion of Christianity.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So, what denomination of Christianity do you practice? Or are you non-denominational too?

By the way, how did you come to your conclusions about the Trinity without believing in the Bible?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I'm not going to lie. I have serious concerns as to where the Catholic denomination is leading Christianity in general. I think it might end up putting a big black mark on Christianity as a whole.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

If you are asking what Church congregation I am a member of, that would be the "Salvation Army".

Read my posts going back, I have never said that I don't believe in the Bible as body of truth to live by.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join