It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barry: 'We’ve got to do something about these Asians coming in'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't have to guess what would happen if a White politician said something like this.

Exactly Correct,,, The News Outlets would not let this go away, we'd all be Crazy Racist and KKK member's.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm half asian half caucasian, so are my parents, both.

I'm not sure if when they came to America, the natives saw them as Asian, or Caucasian intruders.

I will have to ask. Oh wait, native Americans are now caucausians and the asians are the ones coming in?

I thought the Asians are the original ones to 'come in' to America and are the ancestors of Native Americans.

I'm confused. I guess it has to do with me being two "races" at the same time.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Guys a racist POS. pretty simple really.

Yes, get the Asians out so the Africans can come in...

I can only imagine the media explosion if it was a white guy replacing the word African American's with Caucasians.

Racism is not exclusive to any one race. This guy is no different than some white power idiot screaming for white only businesses.

Wrong! Blacks can't be racist. Didn't you know that?
And if they commit a crime against anyone of another race, they are not individually responsible for it. In fact, it is the victim's fault because supposedly his ancestors abused the ancestors of that poor, violent criminal.
Watch some WorldStarHipHop. You'll get the picture. Black violence against other races is funny! Turn the tables, though, and you must have incensed marches throughout the nation and world!
Welcome to Obamaland.
And before someone starts calling ME a racist, I know plenty of black Americans who do not adhere to the above. But there are many idiots, like Barry, Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, and others (Obama?), who do use this sentiment to advance their own agenda.
The media is certainly not above it either. What ensures better ratings/more webhits/more readership than race related stories? Other than the immediate lead up to and beginning of a major military action, I'd say nothing does.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

However, I must say I do not like the fact that the Canadian governement practically gives away working businesses to Asians mostly to promote immigration than offering the same opportunity to an ALREADY Canadian resident without a job that could easily take care of a little convenience store.

You my not believe me, But I understand what you're saying, Let me say this,,,, The Asian peoples are always looking for a Helping Hand.
If your Government offers anything that would Help them to Obtain a Business, then in their minds they raised their family one step higher in the Social Structure Locally and Most Importantly, They now have Bragging
Rights when they call home.
It has a lot to do with Pride. They better you can support and educate your family, The better you look in the Eyes of your Ancestors and your immediate family.
edit on 5-4-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Ha. A "Native American" is anyone born in the United States. If you are born somewhere, you are a native of that place. When referring to what have been traditionally called "American Indians", I find it is best to use their tribe, or nation when possible. It seems a bit deferential to lump the Seminole with the Apache with the Cherokee with the Houma with the Shumash with the Sioux and so on.
However, if making a general statement about those who lived in the continental US before European colonization, I usually just go with "American Indian". In my limited experience, they are OK with it and "Native American" just seems to be a label created by a politically correct, white guilt sufferer.

As with most "who came first" issues, everybody was an invader somewhere until another invader came in.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I had to add this, sense I have read his statement that he believes in Equality for all Business owner, but he did not say anything about Equality for Caucasians,,,,,, Did he forget a Race or does he choice to ignore Caucasians?

“I think you know what I stand for,” he said, according to the local outlet. “And that is everybody having an equal opportunity in the District of Columbia.”

The comments go counter to Barry’s claim on his D.C. Councilmember biography, that he stands for “always advocating for economic inclusion - on behalf of African Americans, women, Hispanics, Asians and Pacific Islanders.” Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by guohua

I don't know how much credit I would assign a former(?) crack head.

This is what being a Democrat is all about,,, Double Talk.

Hey now, Dems do not own, nor did they create a Double Talk handbook. Ever heard of Fox news or Frank Luntz?

edit on 5-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

But you have to agree with my Point Being,,, If this was a Republican, We'd be Crucified Publicly by the Media and here at ATS.
edit on 5-4-2012 by guohua because: spelling

Yes guohua... you're point is correct... an incredibly racist statement regardless of reason.... one would believe, being a black American he would understand this and be more cognizant of his comments.. old and brain fried are not reasons to make hateful statements. And yes you are correct in saying had a white man made this statement, he would have been vilified and burned at the stake of public opinion.

edit on 5-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Spelling

edit on 5-4-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Addition

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Barry was referring to the plexiglass that is between the cashier and the people at the store. He's probably also referring to how the businesses might look "dirty" (old, not in perfect condition, etc). I myself have been to a couple stores owned by asians. They weren't dirty or anything. Tehre was no plexiglass, either. It was the people. Generally, I find asian workers and owners to be much more uptight or unfriendly even. I'm not racist at all, just notice it. I think that Barry isn't being racist, he's just opening a can of worms.

Imagine walking into a minimart and the cashier is behind a wall of bulletproof glass. How do you feel? Does it make you feel that maybe they think you got a gun or a criminal motive hidden inside?

I've seen some examples of asian stores online that're from asian countries. Generally, they're small and lots and ltos of things are behind plexiglass or glass or etc. Their society is very defensive against shoplifting. But ther's an aura that says "Hey, I don't trust you. You could be a shoplifter or a robber."

There's a difference between having a distaste for certain cultural habits and a hatred for a person's race. One is a hatred of a thing and another dehumanizes the person. A person can be asian and not also bring along with them the asian cultural habits that spark the distaste. More generally, having tastes and distastes for things doesn't mean you're goign to violently kill others. I, for example, don't care much for mexican restaurants. That dosn't make me racist. As soon as I take my distaste and harass or hurt someone then it becomes a hate crime. I love chinese food. I hate fast food places. I hate everytyhing about them. But my hatred of fast food doesn't mean that I'm going to perpetrate a hate crime. I can hate things all I want, but until I harass or hurt or dehumanize a person then it's just opinion.

Sio I think Barry is expressing his opinion in a very unclever and risky way/. I think our society as a whole is itself becoming too uptight about these kinds of things. I mean, like a nanny state or something.
edit on 5-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Marion is the spokes model for crack coc aine. How in the heck did he get elected with people knowing all about it? Cocaine makes you say crazy ****.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

At least in the New Orleans metro area, Asian markets tend to be in high crime areas. They would be insane NOT to have a bulletproof barrier. In fact, there are plenty of attempted holdups despite that protection.
In today's world, if I owned a convenience store, I'd assume every customer of every race was a potential shoplifter/armed robber.
I'm not in one of those stores to feel welcomed and warm and fuzzy. I'm there to get a lottery ticket and a coke.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I see your enjoying the benefits of ..

wait a min..

didn't you get your..

"white guilt association" card?

yellowish is not blackish.. so .. all none african americans were let in.

now you too can pay for atrocities that

happened when you were not even conceived!!

no wonder your taking this the wrong way..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
It was the people. Generally, I find asian workers and owners to be much more uptight or unfriendly even. I'm not racist at all, just notice it. I think that Barry isn't being racist, he's just opening a can of worms.

Imagine walking into a minimart and the cashier is behind a wall of bulletproof glass. How do you feel? Does it make you feel that maybe they think you got a gun or a criminal motive hidden inside?

I've seen some examples of asian stores online that're from asian countries. Generally, they're small and lots and ltos of things are behind plexiglass or glass or etc. Their society is very defensive against shoplifting. But ther's an aura that says "Hey, I don't trust you. You could be a shoplifter or a robber."

Sio I think Barry is expressing his opinion in a very unclever and risky way/. I think our society as a whole is itself becoming too uptight about these kinds of things. I mean, like a nanny state or something.
edit on 5-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

1. I know many asian friends with businesses. It is not their fault. Many are simply cautious and do not wish to elaborate the conversation beyond the need. That is not unfriendliness.

2. It only means that they are scared and/or perhaps past incident(s) or insurance/local law enforcement agency probably recommended to put up a plexi glass. This is not particular to asian owned businesses but in general in a high crime neighborhood, it is common to see them even at gas station stores or boxes. Havn't you seen the Banks in major cities with bullet proof glasses?

3. Same as # 2 where it might not be you but other rotten apples that has forced many retailers to practice this method of locking up products behind cabinets. Just look at walmart, macy's or any other larger chain stores where they have locked up many products. In their customer service traning, the teaching is that 'employees are the biggest thieves'

4. There is no credibility left for Barry based on his track record as a politician and as a crack head
Couldn't care less in what context he made the statements.
edit on 5-4-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
reply to post by guohua

I see your enjoying the benefits of ..

wait a min..

didn't you get your..

"white guilt association" card?

yellowish is not blackish.. so .. all none african americans were let in.

now you too can pay for atrocities that

happened when you were not even conceived!!

no wonder your taking this the wrong way..

What are you trying to talk about? I'm Not Yellow! What kind of comment is That, yellowish B. S.
Are you talking about The Chinese Exclusion Act of 1880, ( I think ). It was only suppose to last 10 years but was not appealed until 1943,,,,, The law that did not allow Chinese men in America to work as Laborers the right to bring their wives and families, the law that made it illegal for an American to marry a Chinese, Are You Talking About Those Atrocities? Before my time and no one living today had a say in those matters.

The mans a Racist, Plain and Simple.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
OK, You read the title,,, Now let me ask you,,, Is this the actions of the Loving, Caring For All Races Democrats?
I'm Asian as many of you know, I'm Chinese, Married to an American and Immigrated to America Legally and I'm Now An Proud American Citizen.

How Proud of America can you be when you have a Councilman, who was a Mayor, Talking Trash about another race and promoting their race over an other?

What did the Asian Race Ever Do To Him? Maybe it's because we are better workers and care that our children are good students and have no desire to ever live off the Tax Payers,,,,, What You think?

We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,” Barry said in remarks on Tuesday night first reported by WRC-TV. “They ought to go. I’m going to say that right now. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.”

He said and I quote:

But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.”

Well Tell your African-American Business People to Open a business. The African-American Business man or woman does not want to open a business in that area, It's The Asians Fault?

The Idiot next said this:

"I'm not ever going to condemn a group of people," Barry told reporters gathered in his Wilson Building office Thursday. "My history is complete. It's an excellent history with the Asian community."
You Just Did! This is what being a Democrat is all about,,, Double Talk.
Now You read the above statement from the D C Councilman,,, Now Read This!

"I'm not going to allow a group of people to exploit people in Ward 8," Barry said.

You're Not,,,, Why because,,,,, Of What?

He said he wants Asian businesses to operate in the area but he wants them to "come right."

washingtonexaminer.com...
What The He** Does Come RightMean?
What are you saying,,,, Be Legal Immigrates and Not Illegal,,,,, Speck English?
You're a Hypocrite,,, Yes You Are and I think You're a Racist Democrat P. O. S.!
I wanted to add this from your Democrat Councilman:

“We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,” Barry said on Tuesday night, according to video posted by WRC-TV/NBC4. “They ought to go. I’m going to say that right now. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.” Read more: www.politico.com...

MODS: I did a Search and did find a posting, Delete if you feel it's necessary.

edit on 5-4-2012 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 5-4-2012 by guohua because: spelling and link check

Your a ATS member and you are buying into the RIGHT/LEFT divide and conquer tactics. And your just generalizing everyone(which by the way makes you just as bad as this guy) on the actions of one crack head. Ever heard of deny ignorance? (hint: ATS site motto)
edit on 5-4-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I thought black leaders were all about diversity?

The truth is finally revealed, but of course we knew it all along.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Ever heard of deny ignorance?

You ever heard of Spotlighting Racist in Politics?
If someone is going to be Blatant about their dislike for another Race and Preach to the Crowds, then some one needs to bring your Comments to the Public.
The news media will just cover this up.

And your just generalizing everyone(which by the way makes you just as bad as this guy) on the actions of one crack head.

I'm No Where As Bad As This Politician. Is it because a Democrat made this statement and I Made Sure Every One New it was,,,, Did That Put Your Panties In A Bunch?
As it has been stated before in this thread,,, ( you know if you read it ) If this had been a White Person or a Republican,,, We would never hear the end of it!!!! So, You Deny Ignorance!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Maybe he just finds it harder to buy crack in Asian neighborhoods?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What did the Asian Race Ever Do To Him? Maybe it's because we are better workers and care that our children are good students and have no desire to ever live off the Tax Payers,,,,, What You think?

r these not sterotypes

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I read a study on this years ago in college. The problem was the Asians were making the blacks look bad. Here was a group of people who had been here for generations and spoke the language and had been given extra opportunities not always available to caucasians at times (reverse discrimination) and yet did very relatively poorly in overall statistics in academics, economy (black owned businesses and income), strong families with fathers living with the families and children, welfare, dropout stats, and so on. And then here comes a new group of people, many of whom didn't speak english, established businesses, received excellent academic grades, had strong family mores, and grouped together while also integrating fairly well. This made the blacks look inferior by comparison. The riots after the Korean store owner shot a black was noted. Animosity between the two groups due to the success of the newcomers vs the lack of success among the natives.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I cannot agree with this crack heads reasoning. I can say though that, and I don't know if this is still true, but the Government was giving out long term low interest loans to a lot of Asians (I think they were from Vietnam). Then these Asians were buying up Mom and Pop grocery stores and old gas stations and turning them into small markets. These same loans weren't available to other Americans. I think this pissed off quite a few people who didn't have the means to do it themselves. This was quite a few years ago so I don't know if this is still going on or not. I just know that in the town I grew up in it was happening all over the city. For anybody else to secure a loan like this you would have to have collateral or a good business plan.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join