It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barry: 'We’ve got to do something about these Asians coming in'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
OK, You read the title,,, Now let me ask you,,, Is this the actions of the Loving, Caring For All Races Democrats?
I'm Asian as many of you know, I'm Chinese, Married to an American and Immigrated to America Legally and I'm Now An Proud American Citizen.

How Proud of America can you be when you have a Councilman, who was a Mayor, Talking Trash about another race and promoting their race over an other?

What did the Asian Race Ever Do To Him? Maybe it's because we are better workers and care that our children are good students and have no desire to ever live off the Tax Payers,,,,, What You think?

We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,” Barry said in remarks on Tuesday night first reported by WRC-TV. “They ought to go. I’m going to say that right now. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.”

He said and I quote:

But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.”

Well Tell your African-American Business People to Open a business. The African-American Business man or woman does not want to open a business in that area, It's The Asians Fault?

The Idiot next said this:

"I'm not ever going to condemn a group of people," Barry told reporters gathered in his Wilson Building office Thursday. "My history is complete. It's an excellent history with the Asian community."
You Just Did! This is what being a Democrat is all about,,, Double Talk.
Now You read the above statement from the D C Councilman,,, Now Read This!

"I'm not going to allow a group of people to exploit people in Ward 8," Barry said.

You're Not,,,, Why because,,,,, Of What?

He said he wants Asian businesses to operate in the area but he wants them to "come right."

washingtonexaminer.com...
What The He** Does Come RightMean?
What are you saying,,,, Be Legal Immigrates and Not Illegal,,,,, Speck English?
You're a Hypocrite,,, Yes You Are and I think You're a Racist Democrat P. O. S.!
I wanted to add this from your Democrat Councilman:

“We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,” Barry said on Tuesday night, according to video posted by WRC-TV/NBC4. “They ought to go. I’m going to say that right now. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too.” Read more: www.politico.com...

MODS: I did a Search and did find a posting, Delete if you feel it's necessary.

edit on 5-4-2012 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 5-4-2012 by guohua because: spelling and link check

edit on 5-4-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Guys a racist POS. pretty simple really.

Yes, get the Asians out so the Africans can come in...

I can only imagine the media explosion if it was a white guy replacing the word African American's with Caucasians.

Racism is not exclusive to any one race. This guy is no different than some white power idiot screaming for white only businesses.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think he's referring to the many "fishy" businesses in various Asian areas across American cities. I think hes more biased towards culture than he is race, but he does seem to value blacks over Asians in saying that blacks should replace them in business.

I agree with him on putting a stop to more or less illegal businesses, but this shouldn't be limited to Asian Americans. All races can be involved in unethical business, he should not discriminate or try to pigeon hole one race to rile up or empower another.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
He is and has been a jerk for a long time. Don't ask the former mayor about his use of certain substances as I'm sure that he will claim that it was the fault of Asians, whites or anyone other than himself. Just another politician riding the media started race issue.

BTW, I do enjoy your posts.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I don't know how much credit I would assign a former(?) crack head.

This is what being a Democrat is all about,,, Double Talk.

Hey now, Dems do not own, nor did they create a Double Talk handbook. Ever heard of Fox news or Frank Luntz?

edit on 5-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 5-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
dont take barry personaly he was caught doing crack in the 90s and we all know how that effects a brain . hes a disgrace between the drug habit and being caught with prostitutes his credability is shot to hell.

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I can only imagine the media explosion if it was a white guy replacing the word African American's with Caucasians.

That statement is Correct But Just Imagine if this had been a Republican making those comments, You know, I don't believe the Republican would have to be Caucasian. The News Media Would Be All Over This, Screaming this is Race Discrimination

link   
reply to post by guohua

Click on the "mavvypolitico" button down on the right of This Link. There is a blog titled, "We are deporting the wrong people." It was meant in jest, at the absurdity of the Mexican Immigration debate, but it could work equally well here in this scenario.

To go along the same lines as the blog, and to help "Barry" with his agenda, all we need to do is ship as many African-Americans as possible to Asia. In this way, they can start their businesses, and follow their dreams, just like he has wished for, and we will be doing unto others as they are doing unto us, so the Asian countries will have to take action to protect their own cultures, heritage, and economies, and the onus will be off of the US and onto them to take action. It creates jobs, opportunities, saves money, and it is just plain funny, semi-racist, and overall wrong, and yet it is still a logical solution.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops,” Barry said

What is a "dirty shop"?
We have tons of Chinese immigrants in Canada, and they're not dirty people

Although, Vancouver gets flooded with the uber rich ones, driving up the real estate prices...
And their homes are beautiful.

Very hard workers too.
They also generally speak quite good English also, from what I've seen.
I think almost every town in Canada also has a Chinese restaurant.

Very odd statement for someone to say.
He sounds very racist.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I am not going to lose any sleep over what he said, and I have Asians in my family. Keep on being successful and let the haters hate. That is my thoughts on it. People can say whatever they want. How can I take anything that guy says seriously given his past track record?

Marion Barry

On January 18, 1990, Barry was arrested with Moore in a sting operation at the Vista Hotel by the FBI and D.C. Police for crack coc aine use and possession.[32] The incident was widely broadcast on television, showing an enraged Barry excoriating Moore, who had become an FBI informant. The outburst, in which Barry muttered, in part, "Bitch set me up," became a popular quote associated with Barry.[33]

No one should be talked about like he was talking about Asians. Hard work is what it takes to start a business not what someone looks like. The Asian population in the DC metro area pays taxes like their counterparts in other ethnic groups. Some of them probably voted for the guy as well. Just more divisive rhetoric. On the bright side, at least he spoke his mind. Now the voters can decide if he is someone they want to put in office?
edit on 5-4-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Wow.. I'm absolutely speechless.. I just got done with a short piece at another site I volunteer at for this story and I don't think I can repeat here some of what I am free to share there. Namely, saying HIS words with Black replacing Asian to really produce the full, racist and VILE effect of his words. Unbelievable doesn't even begin to touch it.

I don't have to guess what would happen if a White politician said something like this. We've seen some in the last 10 years run clear out of political life for making a joke at a cocktail party or doing black face in a comedy routine in the wrong company. How does THAT sorry excuse for a human being get away with this kind of base racist hate ...just because it's Asians he's chosen to dump the hate ON?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
He's either got balls of steel or he's a raging idiot to say that on TV.

Since he's a crackhead I lean toward the latter.

I wonder if he and Robert Byrd were ever at the same DNCs cross burnings. With the hoods you'd never know.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have nothing against Asians or any immigrants coming here.

However, I must say I do not like the fact that the Canadian governement practically gives away working businesses to Asians mostly to promote immigration than offering the same opportunity to an ALREADY Canadian resident without a job that could easily take care of a little convenience store.

I was wondering why 95% of convenience stores we're suddenly Chinese owned in the same year. I find this totally unacceptable but I will never blame those Chinese for this. It's not their fault at all.

On the other hand, professional immigrants diploma's are rarely accepted, especially in medicine where we have immense shortage of professionals. That's sick. They should at least get the opportunity to pass the same exams to prove their value.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Asians belong to the Mongoloid race of man so yes it's a racist statement and should be considered hate speech.

Barry has got his logic bass ackwards.
I lived in Oakland many years ago and there was a long stretch of East 14th Street that had boarded up businesses.
This wave of destruction continued South onto San Leandro.
Asians began buying up these businesses and started turning things around while my melatonin rich brothers kept migrating South down to Hayward.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A quick note before I log for the evening's classes... Many are noting he's a former (or maybe not so former by this thinking) crack head. Thats certainly true..and in my eyes that makes him damaged goods for life. Literally..mentally..damaged goods.

However..not everyone thinks that way and he isn't unemployed. Be sure to check this part of the OP story...

Former District of Columbia mayor Marion Barry referred to “dirty” Asian-owned businesses after winning the city’s Council Ward 8 primary, demanding that “they ought to go,” according to a report. Read more:

He's like the proverbial cat that just won't go away no matter what. He;s working his way back into power in D.C. by the looks of it..so I think a statement like this DOES matter where it wouldn't have if he were still a private citizen full of this kind of hate.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by guohua

I don't know how much credit I would assign a former(?) crack head.

This is what being a Democrat is all about,,, Double Talk.

Hey now, Dems do not own, nor did they create a Double Talk handbook. Ever heard of Fox news or Frank Luntz?

edit on 5-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

But you have to agree with my Point Being,,, If this was a Republican, We'd be Crucified Publicly by the Media and here at ATS.
edit on 5-4-2012 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

We'd be Crucified Publicly by the Media and here at ATS.

Perhaps, but shouldn't we not feed the "crucification" to either side with statements like "This is what being a Democrat is all about,,, Double Talk?"
I do understand the defensiveness, as well as the urge to respond and condemn what we don't like, but at some point I feel hypocritical when I participate in the same thing that I despise.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I just finished read the link you provided, Excellent.

Click on the "mavvypolitico" button down on the right of This Link.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join