It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone DOES understand why there can't be an Armed Population?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by staple
Guns Don't Kill People, Just Like Spoons Don't Make people Fat.

Hope you don't mind I'm putting that in my signature.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by DocHolidaze

LOL

just read your Avatar message

I have 2 guns one for each of ya

Like most Americans who want guns you use the BS line of safety and security but the truth is it makes you feel like more of a man.

My leg to stand on is the statistics, forget 3rd world countries and look at countries like the US. We all do fine without guns and Im sure youd all get by as well

You are making assumptions, My avatar message is a direct quote from the movie tombstone(which is a great movie) and one the themes that i personally got from this line was "that even though im dazed i can still handle myself in this situation, which can a apply in any situation,(especially my own since i myself can say i enjoy the simple pleasures of smoke and drink as did the character doc holiday in the movie) not just violent ones.

also I am not just a gun fanatic, i am a student of all weapons and a huge history fan, i find it intriguing that since the dawn of humanity society has created weapons, they are vital to existence just as is food and shelter(i.e. we need tools and weapons to build and eat). the point being weapons are part of what we are as a people, and I living now, in this time, am going to embrace what weapons we have here and now at our disposal, and continue to collect weapons from the past. as any weapon will, firearm or not, i am protected more so than if i had no weapon at all.

why do third world country's get excluded they are no less human beings than you or me, or are you trying to manipulate the facts to portray your side of the argument in a better light?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You realize they want us to have guns, right? They won't take them away.
Why do I say this?
One, you can't take away that many guns, they don't have enough brainwashed soldiers to do so.
Nope, if a lot of people are armed, and people revolt, they'll wind up killing each other, and not TPTB.
gun owners dead.
They're playing you. And all this BS about them trying to take your guns is all a part of the plan.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Oh, and I live in Mexico. All the Americans who come down here (it's a vacation town) ask me, in terror, "IS IT SAFE?". It's funny. The insane media hype. Crime rates in Mexico City are about half of ANY American city. Here, it is almost zero. Yet the national numbers are worse than the US. How could that be? Drug wars, maybe?

Guns are illegal here. Except, not really. You can get permits if you can prove you have some reason to need it. So, if you are wealthy, no prob. THe average poor schmo, well, they tell him he's got nothing to steal, so he doesn't rate it. Plus he can't afford the permit fees. If you want to see the near future of the US, look at that.

I don need no stinking PERMITS. I've got lots of guns here. Not supposed to. You can buy them on the street. From the criminals. I don't carry them around with me, but I've got them onboard. (I live on a boat). I've always had them. My cousin gave me a .22 when I was 11. I still have it.

And all the inflated stats here are the same. THE NARCOS SHOOTING EACH OTHER. That is 90 percent of everything. Big murder we had here about five years ago was the assassination of the chief of police. Narco wars again. But women can walk down the street alone at night here without any trouble. The general public are not shooting each other, much like anywhere else.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
You realize they want us to have guns, right? They won't take them away.
Why do I say this?
One, you can't take away that many guns, they don't have enough brainwashed soldiers to do so.
Nope, if a lot of people are armed, and people revolt, they'll wind up killing each other, and not TPTB.
gun owners dead.
They're playing you. And all this BS about them trying to take your guns is all a part of the plan.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

i had a theory that the drafters of the constitution(masons) new there would be a time when the world would be in need of major change, so they planted a seed, the 2nd amendment, so when the time came they could instigate a civil war amongst ourselfs and use our own guns to kill us, like i said just a theory and even if it was true that wouldn't change my mind about the fact that everyone of sound mind inherently has the right to own a gun until they prove otherwise

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

The general consensus from that side is that an armed Citizenary is able to resist any tyranny that the government might decide to try.

Also if we were invaded, they wouldn't only have to fight our military...they would have to fight us.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Happiness is a warm gun
( bang bang shoot shoot )
Happiness is a warm gun, yes it is
(bang bang shoot shoot)

When I hold you in my arms (oh yes)
When I feel my finger on your trigger (oh yes)
I know nobody can do me no harm
Because
happiness is a warm gun, momma
Happiness is a warm gun
-Yes it is.
Happiness is a warm, yes it is...
Gun!
Well don't ya know that happiness is a warm gun, momma? (yeah)

CREDIT TO Lennon–McCartney

I love my guns

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The only threat to gun ownership in the US comes from the companies who make those guns and those who supposedly fight for our 2nd amendment right. At least, that's my conspiracy. Hmmm, how to get folks to buy more guns? Tell them the government is going to take away their 2nd Amendment rights! My gun club saw an increase in membership right before President Obama took office and one of the older members said it's always like this when a Democrat gets elected. He then made a joke that it's like a fitness center after New Years and most of these folks will stop coming back in a month or two.

I've been hearing that the government is hell bent on taking guns away from the populace for years and yet, they haven't come close! Maybe I'm living in a different United States from everyone else, but in my world, weapons are readily available.

Common sense tells me that they can't. It would be a logistical nightmare to even try.

Yes, there are laws for ownership. Heck, I'd be in a favor of a law requiring all potential gun owners to take a safety course before purchase...but who's going to pay for that? Currently, I can go to the local gun store, pick out the weapon I want, fill out a one page form (SSN optional) and off to the range I go! Yeah, my rights are being denied.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What makes me laugh is how the gun grabbers are usually pro-abortion. So, to steal a phrase from the, and make it it relevant, here goes.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, DON'T HAVE ONE!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Guns are fun to play with. However, if they're going to outlaw w**d, which is also fun to play with, for absolutely no reason at all, what's taking them so long to outlaw guns which can actually harm people?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
Yes, there are laws for ownership. Heck, I'd be in a favor of a law requiring all potential gun owners to take a safety course before purchase...but who's going to pay for that?

How do you feel about voters having to show ID to vote? Should people have to ask permission, or pass a test to exercise any other one of their civil rights?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I live in a community where the Police Dept. has a program where fathers or mothers and their Sons and Daughters get together once a week for several weeks and teach both the Parents and the Kids everything there is to know about Guns of all types.

This is done so that both the Parents and the Kids understand the dangers and responsibilities of owning or coming across a Gun and the proper way to handle them as well as treat a weapon as if it was loaded whether it is or not.

This program has great sucess and has lowered accidental deaths of both adults and children as they are taught that a Gun is not a toy and once a kid or adult understands how the weapon works as well as how to properly store, maintain, clean, license, load and unload, fire and how the weapons safety is enguaged as well as how each type of Gun can be trigger locked as well as what a both a Kid and an Adult should do when encountering a person improperly handeling or shooting a weapon.

Knowledge is the key to keeping people safe. Split Infinity

Sounds like a great program... In rural areas the culture is quite different ...... I could see the urbanites getting up in arms about this but I would rather see a kid know and understand what a gun can do ... gun education should be taught in schools and in some areas it is as important a sex ed.....

It is a great program and alot of accidental deaths could be avoided if more communities did these programs. I went with my Dad...who is Military....and was surprised to see a Girl from my School and her Mom there....MAN...that little Girl could SHOOT...as the program included in the final two weeks...going to a Gun Range at the local Fish and Game and with my Dad and the Police there to guide us...I took apart then put together a Semi-Automatic Hand Gun....loaded the clip or magazine myself...inserted the clip into the 9mm loaded a round into the chamber by pulling back the slide and squeezed off a near perfect cluster into a target down range. That little Girl had a grouping that was almost as good as mine and she was 12 years old!
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Wow, so that's what you took away from my post? Okay, I'll play but only on topic, if you want to talk about voter rights, start another thread.

So, I take it you are not in favor of folks demonstrating that they know what they are doing with a gun before purchase? During my hunter's safety course (years ago) I had to demonstrate to the instructor that I knew how to handle my shotgun in a safe manner, how to load, how to unload and how to clear a jam. I didn't pull the trigger, but I had to demonstrate proficiency. What's wrong with that?

I know at the local gun store, the owner walks every buyer thru disassembly, assembly and function. I don't think he would (or could) deny someone a firearm based on the performance of the buyer, nor would I want him to. That's not what I want.

I have stopped going to the public (park service) ranges for the simple fact that I don't know the skill level, experience or maturity of those shooting next to me. The last time I went, the garbage can had a few beer cans left in it and a few "kids" were seeing how fast they could empty a 30rd clip on their AK47s.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I understand, but no one else does.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

very interesting.
I think this says something.
When liberty and the second amendment protection comes up in discussion you think of cartoons.
I thing of individual liberty and the foundation of a once great Nation crumbling because that foundation is undermined in order to destroy it.
For me, it's sad to be represented by cartoons rather than critical thought processes where you understand the principles in action used to overthrow something this great.
I am too old as I have had to witness it first hand and watch it become ...well, cartoonish.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

- my main man Thomas Jefferson, woot woot

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

We have Tyranny because they army isn't on the streets busting in doors taking people away with black bags over their head. Yet. They're using a more subtle approach which fat lazy Americans for the most part sit back and accept.

If you take every single liberty removing change that's happened since 9/11 and you enacted them ALL within one week. There would be war on the streets.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well, in my opinion from personal experience, everyone should be taught gun safety. Maybe a high school class or something. No, not a mandated thing, but a free class for anyone who wants to learn more about guns.

The more people are comfortable with guns and respect them, the better off they will be.

Now for some personal experience. My girlfriend with whom I now live was having trouble with her ex before I moved in. He threatened to come over and burn her house down for breaking up with him, and from past incidents with him she took it very seriously (he didn't like his electricity bill, so he was standing next to the utility pole with a running chainsaw when the sheriffs deputy showed up, yea a nutjob). Anywho, I was on the phone with her when he showed up, all she had to do was load her 12g and have it leaning next to her when he showed up, lets just say he thought twice about doing anything rash.
Now think about how that situation could have gone otherwise?
And don't say, "that why you call the cops" because
1. The sheriffs all know him and wouldn't do their job,
and 2. We're in the country, if she called to cops it would take them at least 10 mins to get there.

And that, in my opinion is the best aspect of gun ownership. If someone knows you have a gun and aren't afraid to use it, they will think again when threatening you on your own property.
No need to even bring up government tyranny or anything like that, because that just gives fodder for the anti-gun people to call you paranoid.
Does it give the government pause, knowing most people have guns in their homes? yes. But that isn't the main reason why you have a gun.
edit on 4/5/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
During my hunter's safety course (years ago) I had to demonstrate to the instructor that I knew how to handle my shotgun in a safe manner, how to load, how to unload and how to clear a jam. I didn't pull the trigger, but I had to demonstrate proficiency. What's wrong with that?

Should we also demand everyone be evaluated by a psychiatrist before they leave their homes?

I don't have a problem with businesses that sell firearms requiring certain procedures or credentials to purchase them. I have a major problem when the state requires certain procedures or credentials to purchase them, particularly because it's none of their concern what I do with my money as long as I haven't harmed anyone explicitly with it. That's called thought-crime.
edit on 5-4-2012 by imherejusttoread because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Sounds like a great program. One that could fit into many communities.

It should be mandatory IMO....I loved dong it as a kid...and it gave me an appreciation of how dangerous a Gun is and how stupid it would be to play with one.

I live in Mass...and this is where I also grew up and went to this program...they still do it every year....we have very little crime....maybe because we all Hunt and most people are armed. There have been multitudes of studies and they all point out the same thing....a Community that is well armed and is well trained has a much lower crime and occurance of vandalism.

The United States has the most Heavily Armed Population on the Face of the Earth. The Majority of Gun Crimes occur with the use of stolen or illegal arms. Legally Armed Citizens....make up almost ZERO PERCENT of Gun Crimes.

I will tell you this...our forefathers had it right....THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. I have no problem with a waiting period or a ban on Fully Automatic Weapons...but a Semi-Automatic Rifle or Hand Gun....has legitimate uses.

A study was done by the former Soviet Union and in a War Game Scenario of a Soviet Invasion in a three prong assault...1. Land troops into Alaska during winter over the Bering Strait...2. Mass troops in Cuba and invade Florida....and 3. Land troops in North Eastern Canada and sweep into the North Eastern U.S.

The War Game simulation was based on a chance sneek attack of U.S. Military Naval Ships and small Tactical Nuclear sub strikes conducted close to both the U.S. Atlantic and Pacific shores...after which...Soviet Troops would invade....in EVERY SCENARIO...given that this rediculous assumption of a sneek attack actually working...Soviet Forces were bogged down and their supply lines cut and all their divisions were either destroyed or abandoned by their own troops.

Do you know why? Not just because of the the remaining U.S. Military but in large part to a relentless attack plan directed by CIVILIAN WARRIORS integrated into a plan devised to keep an enemy under constant attack...relentlessley...until that Invading Military BREAKS. Remember...this Military War Game was done by the Soviet Union and even though it was rediculous for them to think they could surprise us to that extent...their own Super Computers ran over 12,000 possible scenarios of a North American Continental War where they had all the starting surprise and advantage...and they lost over all of those12,000 or so simulations.

Where I live...as I said...there is little crime...my neighbors pride themselves on their new AR-15 purchase or AK-47 or .308 with a night scope...or 12 Guage shot gun with a non-jaming pump action and Ventilated Rib. Hell! I haven't even STARTED on talking about Archery yet! LOL!

My point is...a nation that has a well educated Gun Carrying Population...is not exactly what anyone would consider an easy mark. Plus...we don't lock our doors here and when someone looses a wallet....they get it back...WITH THE MONEY AND CREDIT CARDS INSIDE!

We are not a bunch of hicks or Red Necks and Most are not Bigoted....but like in every demographic of race...there is bound to be some ASS #@%$&! We deal with them in short order. Even our Biker Gangs have a code...RULE # 1. No one messes with the people and place we live in. One of the funniest things I have ever seen is a New Yorker driving a BMW at 70 mph through small town streets in the Autumn...everyone in the car is wearing black...and not black leather....a Known Local Hells Angel....sees these idiots blow through a Yellow School Bus with lights flashing and the fold out blinking STOP SIGNS fully illuminated...almost hits a little kid coming around the back of the bus....he follows them...and I saw Him TAKE OFF AFTER THE BMW....to a bridge with a Red Light and preforms a CITIZENS ARREST! NO S#!%!

The Angel yanks the keys out of the ignition and makes a cell phone call to the local Police who ARREST the driver for Verbal Abuse of a Police Officer and Driving to Endanger! This is why people need to have their own power and ability to protect themselves and their friends, community and Loved Ones. A Gun or a Big Biker....will both do the job! LOL! Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join