It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY cops break into Marine vet's home and Taser him to death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Here you go:

Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer Blog
The police always aggressively handle 911 emergency calls and there is a built-in presumption that some violence has taken place. Even if there is a change of heart by the person that dialed 911 the police are mandated to make an arrest and the prosecution will pursue the case with vigor. When the police call you back after an accidental 911 call or hang up they will come to investigate even if you are clear in telling them that nothing has happened and it was just an argument. The call cannot be cancelled and the police must come to the location of the call to speak with the parties involved and they will often arrest someone, usually the male party.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That has nothing to do with automated alert systems. There's a logical reason for not being able to "reverse" a 911 call, but we are talking about an automated MEDICAL system which sends out an alert (if anything they should have sent a medical team out). Add that to the fact the guy was living alone, and that the alert was triggered by a device located on his person, and I see no valid reason for breaking down his door. Add to that the fact they were harassing and insulting him and it's clear they didn't invade him home merely to check that he was ok, because they MURDERED him as soon as they entered the property. I have no doubt that the recorded evidence will clearly show the entire story given by the officers was a complete fabrication.
edit on 5-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Most of those medic alert buttons go to a call center, which then makes the 911 call for you.
So it still falls in the police’s lap as a 911 call.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
and in response to this his fellow Marines are doing what exactly ???

Really tough guys hu?

What happens when a pig murders one of your own?
Where's the brotherhood?

Yep, them Marines are real hard asses alright.

Stand in solidarity for your brothers or do the walk of shame.

Your country needs you now more than ever.

edit to add:

My comments are based on the presumption that this story has merit and is factually correct.
Marines, your country needs you now more than ever and that much I can say with or without this story being true. You took an oath and it is about that time.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
When you call 911, even through a personal alarm, then tell the police that it was “accidental”, they are required to ensure that there is no one being detained or has been harmed on the premises. For all they know someone’s wife could have tripped it while being murdered, and the person does not want the police to come in and find the body.

I read some channelled stuff about 911, once. This incident reminds me of that.

Question:- When will police stop randomly breaking into people's homes whenever they feel like it?

Answer from channelled spirit:-

Probably around the same time you stop expecting to be able to call 911.

The implication (and I've seen this come up consistently, several times in channelled material) was that our desire to be able to call 911 and have the government come and deal with emergencies, was an indication that we didn't see ourselves as adults, as a society; and that further more, because we'd given the police consent to come into the house when we called 911, that therefore gave them authority to come into a house whenever else they felt like it, as well.

The idea was implied strongly, that we can't have it both ways. We either have sovereignty, and the responsibility of dealing with our own problems that goes with that, or we live as children, and our "parents," have the ability to violate us whenever they want.

So that means, that if we've given the government the responsibility of dealing with emergencies which happen in our homes, then we have by definition given them our sovereignty as well. It is a trade. If we want them to do something for us, we have to give them something as well. We get from them, their coming into our homes to save us from fires or whatever else, and they get from us, the ability to rule us and come into said homes whenever they feel like it; because we've given them the ability to make that decision.

At the risk of turning this into something which belongs in the Grey Area, I am a former alien abductee. One of the things which that ends up teaching you...probably the single most important thing...is that violation and victimhood do not exist. At an energetic level, the only reason why anything that we call violation ever occurs, is because whether consciously or unconsciously, we have given our consent.
edit on 5-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
i just have to reply to this little comment

This is from Russia Today (rt.com), no different than Before It's News, or Sorcha Fail.

so your idea of a credible news source is NBC?

made me laugh. carry on

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

glad i have guns...sad to say, bring it....if im 68 like this guy ive got nothing to lose. supposedly the police showed up to a false medical alert, when they knocked he said he is fine..and the cops said they dont care they are coming in...and supposedly it was more like “I don't give a #, 'n-word' — open the door.”...............according to the article. however i dont know, neither do you because none of us were there...

shoot em up scenario in 20-30 years....apparently. guess ill prepare now

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

If you activate the 911 system in the US, you HAVE to allow the police to enter and look around your place, by law, if they request it. They are normally looking for a person who is being held in distress while someone else sends to the cops on their way.

The main reason for this is because abusive men have been known to beat women, then when the women activates a call to 911, the man will meet the police at the door and tell them to leave because the call was an accident.

edit on 4/5/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

yea my roommate some time ago called the cops on his girl for domestic violence. After he had escaped. He called them back and said that everything was fine now, and they did not need to come anymore. I am telling you this after the fact. The first I knew of this I was awakened by a Cop saying Im pretending to be sleeping.

There were like 6 cops and a drug dog in my house when I woke up, I don't know how they got in without breaking our door, but I know no one let them in...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Reading stories like this leave me sick to my stomach. May this Marine rest in peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
One of these days these cops will encounter these soldiers in killing taliban mode and the entire unit is gonna be wiped out.

I hope you're right.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The world is going insane.

Makes me wonder if we ever had our act together.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Yet they believed jeffry dahmer's word with out hesitation,
and why was that ?

Because it was 20 #ing years ago....oh and because he was white

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Talk about your electiFRYing experience. When the police ask to come into your home, open the door lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Kenneth Chamberlain Sr. is black, so, if President Obama has a brother, he will looks like him

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Im in two minds about this, on one hand you have the black ex forces guy (whos bound to be a bit of a hard ass) and on the other you have the cops who have a duty to respond to an emergency call.

When a call is made about a suicide or someone posts about wanting to kill themselves, the police have a duty to the person to make sure they are in fact okay and if not put them in the loony bin. They need to enter your home to do this, if they do not (just greeted at the door) and the person then does in fact kill themselves, the cops get sued for not doing their job.

So for an ex military person to refuse entry to this home to the cops, the cops can be sued and punished for NOT checking thoroughly, now they almost certainly over reacted with the force, but the gaining access to the home before they leave to check is 100% correct, however i suspect they did not tell the man all this before forcing their way in to which he must have met with resistance and tazer'd to death.

Unfortunately since the guy is dead we only have the cops word, im not saying the cops did not over react but they were abiding to the law when they entered his home, plus they would not know if thats actually the same guy who accidentally push it, its not like every cop knows every face and where they live.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Biigs because: added crititcal word

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
NYC has been in police state status for quite some time now. Mr Bloomberg the Zionist wants this to look like the Western equivalent of Israel. Nanny state doesn't even serve it justice really, and this city is without a doubt a tale of two cities. If you are poor you will be policed heavily and if you are a minority it's a double whammy. I lived here all my life btw and even when Giuliani was mayor it's never been as crazy as it is now.

The NYPD is completely out of control, and many citizens are in fear in their presence which is crazy considering that they should be viewed as the protectors not the terrorists (look up the word) which they have become.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I beg to differ. Last year I was at the store when my house alarm went off. ADT called told me, I went home checkout out everything... cool. Two cops come shortly after. I open the door, they ask my name and info etc and leave. They didn't want to come inside, look around, see if maybe a intruder was holding me at gunpoint. They just said "ok" and left.

They harassed this man, he got upset about it, refused to let them in because he was upset, they fabricated hearing screams etc. just to go into this man's house in attempt to maybe take him in of drugs or something as it has to be the obvious reason why he wouldn't let them in. Same way the only way a cop wants to search your vehicle during as stop is if he is looking for drugs or a gun.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This same sort of thing happened to me last summer. Cops show up and tell me that a 911 call was placed and that a woman was reported being beaten at my address. my wife and daughter were watching tv and I was in the back yard messing with a telescope. I came to the front door and one cop has his hand on his gun while the other tells me the situation. My wife and daughter come to the door to assure them that all was well. They asked for permission to enter and I said ok. So one of them takes off up the stairs to look around, 3-4 mins later 5 cops come down the stairs.They had surrounded the house while they had me at the front door. I went to check out the backyard , my scope, and two more are back there with shotguns.
They told me that it was a 911 call and they didnt need my permission for anything. They left and from what i found out later the supposed victum was 200 miles away in Houston, they had the wrong address. No apoligy, nothing. No longer support the police in any way. lost me for ever.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah
reply to post by defcon5

I beg to differ. Last year I was at the store when my house alarm went off.

That's considered a completely different type of alarm. Those go off all the time and are listed as “false alarm calls”....

Now if you went to the alarm box and punched the “panic” button for police service, then you'd have a totally different situation.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

RT is legit and quite large Russia-based international media outlet much like Al Jazeera. I find their news far, far more objective than any western media sources.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join