It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking – Jeb Bush Backs Zimmerman Arrest in Killing/It's not George Zimmerman crying for help o

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Now The title is purely the title of the story I am linking and am surprised that it has not been commented on before(I did search and found nothing)

www.veteranstoday.com...

Zimmerman’s Weapon Illegal Due to Domestic Violence Restraining Order

The main point of the article is Zimmerman's background and the possibility that him even having the gun on him at the time of the shooting might not have been legal because of past altercations and a restraining order he had on him.

“The lack of arrest doesn’t make sense to me.” … Jeb Bush Federal Law: 18 U.S.C. §922(g)(8): It is unlawful for a person who has a Protection Order (Florida’s Final Judgment of Injunction for Protection Against Domestic Violence meets federal definition of “Protection Order”) in effect against him/her to possess a firearm and/or ammunition, ship or transport same in interstate commerce, receive any which have been so shipped or transported, or have seized firearms returned.

Jeb Bush also has some words to say on the matter

Now we get to the matter of some new info which I can understand why it was not jumped on by certain users as it doesn't fit the story they would like to believe. It brings into question the condition of Trayvon and the fact he did not have visible signs of defense/assault aside from a bullet hole.

and that to this video of what looks like no harm in a visible sense to Zimmerman

Adding to details about Zimmerman's history and possible reasons for a lack of arrest point to connections with his father as well.

An ABC affiliate in Florida posted a statement from Kristi Wright, with the Department of Legislative and Public Relations in Virginia, which read: “Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered “judges” and do not possess trial jurisdiction. More detailed information on the role of the magistrate in Virginia is available on Virginia’s Judicial System Website.” Whether that experience helped the elder Zimmerman assist his son out of the various prior legal scrapes he found himself in, including a charge of resisting arrest with violence in 2005 and a domestic violence charge, is unclear. Florida’s laws and Virginia’s are different. But it does indicate that Robert Zimmerman was knowledgeable enough about the criminal justice system that he may have been a valuable resource for his son.

As to the history of loosing his temper(being fired) and altercations with the law.

George Zimmerman was fired from his job as an under-the-table security guard for “being too aggressive,” a former co-worker told the Daily News.

“Usually he was just a cool guy. He liked to drink and hang with the women like the rest of us,” he said. “But it was like Jekyll and Hyde. When the dude snapped, he snapped.”

“He had a temper and he became a liability,” the man said. “One time this woman was acting a little out of control. She was drunk. George lost his cool and totally overreacted,” he said. “It was weird, because he was such a cool guy, but he got all nuts. He picked her up and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle. Everyone was flipping out.” The year 2005 was a bad one for Zimmerman: he was arrested for fighting with a cop trying to arrest his friend for underage drinking, and he and his ex-fiancée took out protective orders against each other.

The technology Owen used to analyze the Zimmerman tape has a wide range of applications, including national security and international policing, he said. A recently as January, Owen used the same technology to identify accused murderer Sheila Davalloo in a 911 call made almost a decade ago. Owen testified that it was Davalloo, accused of stabbing another woman nine times in a condo in Shippan, Conn., who reported the killing to police from a pay phone in November 2002. Davalloo was convicted, according to news reports. Owen says the audio from Zimmerman's call is much better quality than the 911 call in the Davalloo case. Voice identification experts judge the quality based on a signal-to-noise ratio; in other words, comparing the usable audio in a clip to the environmental noises that make a match difficult. And the call on which the screams are heard is better quality than is necessary, Owen says. "In our world, that's the home run," he says.

So now we have a "Documented" history of not being able to control his temper in vital situations.

EDIT: to add to this as I have just found
articles.orlandosentinel.com... c-certainty

Trayvon Martin shooting: It's not George Zimmerman crying for help on 911 recording, 2 experts say

Tom Owen, forensic consultant for Owen Forensic Services LLC and chair emeritus for the American Board of Recorded Evidence, used voice identification software to rule out Zimmerman. Another expert contacted by the Sentinel, utilizing different techniques, came to the same conclusion. Zimmerman claims self-defense in the shooting and told police he was the one screaming for help. But these experts say the evidence tells a different story. 'Scientific certainty'

Owen, a court-qualified expert witness and former chief engineer for the New York Public Library's Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound, is an authority on biometric voice analysis — a computerized process comparing attributes of voices to determine whether they match. After the Sentinel contacted Owen, he used software called Easy Voice Biometrics to compare Zimmerman's voice to the 911 call screams. "I took all of the screams and put those together, and cut out everything else," Owen says. The software compared that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher than 90 percent. "As a result of that, you can say with reasonable scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen says, stressing that he cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon's, because he didn't have a sample of the teen's voice to compare.

This seems to reinforce the need to have a "proper" investigations.

I totally agree that this topic is being used as fodder for both sides. The whole debacle is being used to fan the flames of personal agendas and political rhetoric. That being said, there is still a burning question as to why this issue is being allowed to get out of hand like it is, that doesn't mean either side is right or wrong until a proper investigation is complete.

It just seems that stories like this that underpin many social and political issues and get people riled up, and for good reason, are always used by the puppeteers on both sides to change it into an issue it isn't. The original issue to me is "If a person is shot in the woods and nobody sees, is the shooter to be believed?"

edit on 31-3-2012 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

I have no opinion thus far on the issue and believe in these sorts of cases of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law. Not trial by media or government. I support him being arrested until this whole mess is sorted. The main reason being because Zimmerman's personal safety is at risk and also so he cannot flee the country. I say "arrested" but not "Charged" (big difference) until sorted.

Truth be told these are both "nobody's" so "Celebrity Justice" is not an issue here. Why can't they just "hold" him? All I know is if this happened in Australia Zimmerman would be arrested and probably remanded in jail until charges are laid and/or it goes to court then judge & jury declares innocence or guilt. I don't know who is at fault in this case but it sure has been handled badly by police, government, the media and both sides supporters.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Thank you for the calm reply. And yes I totally agree that under the circumstances there is enough doubt to lead to a "holding" while a proper investigation can happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

“This law does not apply to this particular circumstance,” Bush said after an education panel discussion at the University of Texas at Arlington. “Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn’t mean chase after somebody who’s turned their back.”

Read more: nation.foxnews.com...

This is not all that new
and Jeb has been getting
back in the game so he can
run as president here pretty soon.

Stand your groun means stand there ground*.
Treyvon did not have his back turned
he was shot in the chest arrest arrest shot in the
chest that was there chance in the million moron march
today with sharptin and jackson.
If jeb does not even know where treyvon got shot
i would take what else he says pretty moot, and only for self gain.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Hmm odd you reply to a new topic I post but will not respond to me in your threads.

Seems you have not read that much of what I posted, I don't know what your motives in this actually are?
edit on 31-3-2012 by GhettoRice because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

Last I knew following someone was not a crime. "Stand your ground" simply applies against whoever initiates violence first. Which I'm sure the police are investigating.. I wish politicians would stop trying to pretend their judge and jury here.

(following a suspicious person, also called "Observe and report" is kind of .. I don't know .. the whole point of a neighborhood watch?)
edit on 3/31/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I back having everyone that votes for a Bush to have their head checked.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Before you start calling others "morons" it would be wise to understand the difference between THERE and THEIR. Also, proper use of a period would help you seem more intelligent. As in

Stand your groun (you forgot a letter) means stand there (THEIR) ground*.
he was shot in the chest arrest arrest (WHAT?) He was shot in the chest arrest arrest?) shot in the
chest that was there (THEIR) chance in the million moron march

Anyway, aside from Zimmermans ever changing story, the evidence that has been coming in supports Martin. No signs of his hands being in a fight? The police station tape in which Zimmerman has no blood or grass stains? No report of a broken nose on the police report? Martin found face first.. wait if Martin was on top of George when he shot him, why didn't he land on his back? The fact is one of these 2 men had a gun-- and that same person was stalking young teenage armed with a bag of skittles. This man murdered him.

Originally posted by popsmayhem

“This law does not apply to this particular circumstance,” Bush said after an education panel discussion at the University of Texas at Arlington. “Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn’t mean chase after somebody who’s turned their back.”

This is not all that new
and Jeb has been getting

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower

Anyway, aside from Zimmermans ever changing story, the evidence that has been coming in supports Martin. No signs of his hands being in a fight? The police station tape in which Zimmerman has no blood or grass stains? No report of a broken nose on the police report? Martin found face first.. wait if Martin was on top of George when he shot him, why didn't he land on his back? The fact is one of these 2 men had a gun-- and that same person was stalking young teenage armed with a bag of skittles. This man murdered him.

All of that has been adressed in
the justice for zimmerman thread.
We know why jeb has came out
of the closet on this, because he has
been irrelavent and wants to get his name
in the paper or face on the tv.
How can Jeb bush comment stand your ground means stand your ground
not shoot someone in the back. Well that is not what happen
and the stand your ground law IS GOOD FOR THE VICTIMS of crime.
Most victims of rape, victims of crimes,
would love to have had
a guns when they were being assualt
when the nutjob was trying to rape them.
If someone is trying to rape a person a women lets say and the rapist
doesn't have a gun but you do, is that said victim noT justified
to shoot said rapist? This law says yes, some states can lock you up
for shooting someone if they do not have a gun which is BS!!
THIS IS WHY STAND YOUR GROUND IS GOOD
FOR THE PEOPLE, AND THE VICTIMS AND POTENTIAL
VICTIMS OF CRIME!
A rape victim can't SHOOT the rapist if he don't
have a gun? THATS BS!!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You forgot one important detail about the neighborhood watch:

"Officers say a detailed description of the suspect, any vehicles, and direction of travel is very useful, but at no time should members confront a criminal and they should not carry a gun."

Hmmm.. seems Zimmerman broke one of the rules?

www.1011now.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I for one do not believe the media spin that's been put on this.This was not just some "little boy" going to get iced tea and skittles.I do believe the kid was confrontational.But at the same time I do not believe he deserved to die.If he had a weapon then yes,by all means defend yourself with lethal force.I mean really,what would've happened?Zimmerman would've got a beat down and maybe been a bit embarressed for getting a butt whooping from a kid.Lick your wounds and move on I say.I believe he's going to be charged with something eventually.Whether he is convicted or not is another story.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

This is not all that new
and Jeb has been getting

I'm curious.You've gone to great lengths to defend Mr Zimmerman.Are you by chance a relative?A close friend?What's YOUR agenda in all this?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The Bush boys are all IDIOTS.

Him backing a Zimmerman arrest only HURTS such an ASININE position!

edit on 31-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

This is to show it is actually getting into public light the discussion of the actions surrounding the "law" being used without all of the racial rhetoric. I try and listen to both side of each story from both crazy and sane and use logic to piece together what might have happened. (on a side not check out G.Bush jr in his early days, very fluent and good public speaker, not that he wasn't insane in his own right)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Fox News is both biased and obviously so, and so are many other networks in their own way. I always try to listen to at least some of the Fox News diatribe. I have to to keep the media, all of them as much as I can in my sights. Or, how can I form a rational opinion?

But Fox calling this hysteria whipped up by the liberal press who when so labeled Fox is usually referring to MSNBC. But to tell you the truth, I find MSNBC far more "fair and balanced" then Fox. By the way whatever happened to Judge Napolotano's (I no doubt misspelled it, sorry Judge) program on the Fox Business Channel? Anyone know? I can't find it.

Perhaps the Judge was a bit to pro Ron Paul and Libertarian for their corporate taste. Pity, he had a good program...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Zimmerman instigated it, he is a SELF APPOINTED HEAD OF CRIME WATCH .....He needs to be jailed for bothering then murdering that kid.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Oh by the way. After G.W.Bush thats my limit, and I didn't even vote for the guy. Thought his father was OK, but G.W. was and as far asI'm concerned is an idiot. I feel after 8years and a disastrous war and spending up the kazoo, tax cuts for the rich only, sorry. Its my right to call him an idiot and I don't usually do that.

I don't think we can survive another Bush in the WH, but I assure you the world can't. Though Jeb does seem brighter then his brother, but then I have a potted plant with a higher IQ then GW Bush.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
First of all the Disclaimer - I am not a Lawyer in FL nor anywhere for that matter.

However, I did work as a PI for a while specifically in domestic (divorce) cases. Anyone can get a protective temporary protective order against another with about zero real proof in an ex parte proceeding.

What that means in most States is that if a person say in this case Zimmerman’s ex wanted to screw with him she could go file for a PO and the judge absent any information other than that written on the request will grant immediate and temporary relief. This is a valid order and all but it’s not really worth much because the other side has never had the right to provide any information to the contrary.

Both sides take them out because they think it will mean something in court. They mean bupkiss. Now an order that has been requested with proof and a hearing at which the party to be restrained is present might actually mean something if granted. There is actual evidence (photos, statements and such) that are heard.

Anyway - an ex parte order is not even enforceable in most cases under the law as the restricted party may not even know it’s there. The police if called just make the person leave rather than arrest them. They have to be informed for it to have any weight and for that to happen it has to go to court. I read that Zimmerman had an order against his ex as well - it probably never even went before a judge and therefore wouldn't affect his ability to carry or have a weapon.

We don’t know what this order entailed – if it’s not on his record in the public file it was never a valid order. She just swore one out and never followed up as required. About 99% of PO’s are nothing more than two people mad at each other.

I could go to the court house tomorrow and file a PO against almost anyone in town and walk away with it in my hand. However, is it binding - nope not till the hearing. Just makes the person feel better.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I see, this is better insight into the legality of this, thanks. It will be interesting what is on the public record then and if there is any weight to it then conflicting with him having a weapon. Either way good info.
edit on 31-3-2012 by GhettoRice because: sp

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Since I log only to discuss and not chit chat, I will now discuss how I knew Jeb Bush would make an appearance.

While many are busy or simply confused with all the hate rhetoric coming from politicians and media heads, too many in the public arena have missed the major clues that shows how I knew Jeb Bush would surface just in time for some Bush political gains to be made.

1. Most in the public are so concerned with the Trevon Martin shooting incident that I know with great certainty that most could not properly answer exactly when did the Trevon Martin shooting incident occur?

What date did Trevon Martin get shot and killed? This is the question. While some of you may ask why does it matter, well, I will get to that in a moment, but first I have to build the case I am discussing.

2. The shooting of Trevon Martin occurred on February 26, 2012 and yet it took almost a month later to see the incident turn into a race based incident used by both media heads and politicians to milk the social unrest and to create an atmosphere of racial hatred for blacks in America.

Many see this incident as a form of distraction from other issues and discussions we should be having instead of wasting time with the Trevon Martin case based on race concerns. And they are right to think so.

We began to openly hear of the Trevon Martin shooting starting in early March, but only in obscure news venues around the internet and in the media. This fact alone should question why did it take a month for this incident to catch on?

3 It was not until 03-23-12 that the Trevon Martin shooting incident became the media circus of race hatred it has become. Ask yourself, why did it take almost a month for the shooting incident to become important as a race based issue??

Now here is more of why this even matters.

4. The very same day, 03-23-12 is the exact same date that the media begins discussing the Trevon Martin with full steam ahead enthusiasm is also just coincidentally, the exact date that an anonymous DOD source informed the Associate Press that the death count in the Afghanistan shooting massacre was being changed from 16 to 17.

AP further reported that the DOD source could not or would not explain the change from 16 to 17. AP complied as did most all media outlets with repeating the 17 vs 16 death count and they did so with no valid explanation as to why the count changed.

Later on the same day 03-23-12 when AP was informed about the change was when General John Allen, USMC gave a public news media press meeting discussing the Afghanistan shooting investigation and that the death toll had changed from 16 to 17.

Even General Allen could not fully explain why such a change was even justified as evidenced by the video of his press meeting to the public about Robert Bales and other Afghanistan concerns.

Then the media began asking questions and found some other unusual discrepancies that I must alert you to.

5. DOD paid out cash money to the families or survivors for the shooting deaths and it was noted that the amount of money paid out only adds to 16 deaths not 17. DOD then attempted to claim that one of the dead women was pregnant which later was disputed.

Since the totals of the money paid to victims families did not add up, DOD then told us that the money did not add up because the 17th victims family was paid out separate and privately in cash and because the family member seeks privacy, not even the Afghanistan officials were told the identity of the 17 victim. While I find this hard to believe, it does help me to answer why DOD was so actively lying about the death count.

Only by changing the death count from 16 to 17 could they hope to conceal that what I have already reported about concerning the Afghanistan shooting and Robert Bales as a supposed lone gunman.

6. Eye Witness reports of 15 to 20 men being with Robert Bales have been denied, but only when you understand why they are attempting to distract you and deceive you will this whole matter make sense and that Bales did not act alone.

7. The Afghanistan massacre was a planned ritual sacrifice that involved more than just Robert Bales as a patsy.

Only when such a premise is embraced does the lone gunman theory begin to show its faults and the 20 men along with Robert Bales begins to make more sense, because in such a ritual sacrifice, 13 of the 20 would have been ritual participants and they would have most likely had a 7 man security team. 13+7=20.

8. The public is being distracted from the fact that a ritual sacrifice is being concealed in the Afghanistan massacre and that high ranking military and government officials are involved because only such officials have the means to control the media and military.

Since this whole deception with Trevon Martin was a G Bush Sr fix to distract from the ritual aspect of the shooting incident, I expected Jeb Bush at a proper timing to join in the Trevon distraction which he has done.

Now we wait.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join