It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want To Be Colorblind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Who want's to be colorblind? That means something's wrong with you. Who wouldn't want to see the diversity of life? Who would want to ignore all the different people and cultures on this planet, and ignore all their unique accomplishments and contributions? Why would someone believe that ignoring color was a way to respect people?

The crazy thing is, we wouldn't have to try so hard to be colorblind if the world wasn't so racist. I didn't say America either, I said the world. The only people who need to be colorblind are the people who do the hiring at jobs and the enrollment at schools. That way, we can all have an equal oppurtunity. Beyond that, it's bs. First of all, white people in power will never be colorblind. And they're the ones that matter.

Being colorblind means that, when you talk to a Chinese person, you act like them being Chinese is not important. But being Chinese is important. They have a history, a culture, a legacy that they should be proud of... not IGNORED, because "somebody: wants a colorblind society. A "colorblind" society won't do anything but make us ignore the greatness of our (I mean mine) people, while dying to fit in and be accepted by people who don't like us anyway.

Ironically Original(Black) people are often the ones whom are most often asked to "let bygones be bygones" or to "ignore color because we are all human." You never hear anyone asking the Jews to forget the Holocaust. You never here anyone asking the U.S. to forget 9/11, nor the Alamo or Pearl Harbor. You never hear anyone asking Christians to forget the Crucifixion and so on and so on. Being color blind is a disease and deficiency and to not see color is to ignore the culture and history of the people.

Isn't it interesting that people of color are the only ones expected to relinquish their heritage and forget the past in order to be an "American"? Why do we have to lose ourselves? Does treating everyone equally mean seeing everyone as the same?

Do you want to get deeper into the issue? The following books are good readas that I suggest:

- Whitewashing Race: The Myth of a Color-Blind Society by Michael K. Brown
- Racism without Racists: Color-Blind Racism and the Persistence of Racial Inequality in the U.S. by Eduardo Bonilla-Silva

edit on 28-3-2012 by TheBlackManIsGod7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by TheBlackManIsGod7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
All this hating on people for the color of their skin is stopping us from discriminating against the real enemy among us..

Stupid people

Discriminating against people who appear differently is probably an evolutionary function: to be worried about someone who looks different from ourselves - they probably come from a different tribe and could potentially cause problems for our own group.

What we have to do though is get beyond our own instinctive responses - the same way we don't approach and try to have sex with every person we find attractive, we shouldn't approach and try to fight everyone who looks different.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

I would take this thread more seriously if your name wasn't TheBlackManIsGod7...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

Thank you

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
What if my username was TheWhiteManIsGod?
Would I be a racist?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Not necessarily, however, many might assume so.

That would be knowingly creating a username that is rather controversial, because you know how people would conceive it. Just like TheblackmanisGod, it is knowingly controversial, and might cause certain responses connected with the connotations that goes with someone that choses such a username.

ThewhitemanisGod username might be more appropriate on Stormfront. Rather avoid these controversial names alltogether.

vvv

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I am already color blind
I can't see red or bright yellow

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The difference is that when Christians bring up Jesus' crucifixion as being the Jew's fault, it's seen as racism. When Jews remember the Holocaust, they don't blame all white people.

The difference is that it's okay for a black person to hate me because I'm white, even though he's never been a slave and I've never been a slave owner.

People go on and on about how black people in the inner city don't have a chance to make something of themselves and are locked into poverty and that's why crime, drug, and teen pregnancy rates are so high. These people, in the same breath, talk about how ignorant most Southern whites are, forgetting that many Southern whites are generally also locked into poverty and ignorance.

I respect diversity, but diversity is more and more a code word for every other culture but mine being valuable. People vilify redneck culture, but if you point out how disgusting and violent inner city gangsta culture is, you're a racist.

edit on 28-3-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Original people? Technically wouldn't the original people be the Great Apes? All this "original man" stuff comes from Louis Farrakhan that uses it to push black superiority, the NOI is really no different than the KKK.

The Blackman is the original man. From him came all brown, yellow, red, and white people. By using a special method of birth control law, the Blackman was able to produce the white race. This method of birth control was developed by a Black scientist known as Yakub, who envisioned making and teaching a nation of people who would be diametrically opposed to the Original People. A Race of people who would one day rule the original people and the earth for a period of 6,000 years. Yakub promised his followers that he would graft a nation from his own people, and he would teach them how to rule his people, through a system of tricks and lies whereby they use deceit to divide and conquer, and break the unity of the darker people, put one brother against another, and then act as mediators and rule both sides." -Elijah Muhammad

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

No it wouldn't be and neither is mine. It's an actual fact and we can use science, history and the bible(any) to show and prove.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

None of what you said makes sense.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
What if my username was TheWhiteManIsGod?
Would I be a racist?

Interesting question that presupposes that the OP is racist because of his forum name.

Assume you believe in God.
Assume God created everything.
Assume everything is God.

We all have a legitimate claim to our birthright.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

The difference is the Black man being God can be shown and proven and already has been. The white man being God isn't realistic. It would completely contradict the bible and history. Yet what does my name have to do with the post. They are entirely two different subjects.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So, am I supposed to think that others are bad just because of their color, religion, or country they come from? I wasn't aware that I was supposed to.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Youre not "supposed" to. Your entitled to believe what you choose.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

I only dislike people who try to screw me over. I get along with most good folk no matter what color. I don't care what their profession. I like honesty and fairness in people.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Beautifully written OP. Ignoring our differences is stupid. We just need to stop being afraid, threatened, and offended by them.

join