It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Push Citizen, Then Arrest Him For Being Pushed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Cops Push Citizen, Then Arrest Him For Being Pushed
(YT link)

The guy did not appear threatening in any way, yet after one cop hauls off and shoves the guy, his partner comes over to arrest him for the "altercation" - which was completely set off by the first cop.

"Peace" Officers, indeed.

I think that first cop was deliberately hamming up his performance just to set off his partner, and both should be given a mandatory psych evaluation.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Whether this particular incident is the best example or not, it's has been going on forever, Youtube brings it to everyone. It's disheartening to see so many people excuse and dismiss illegal behavior by law enforcement. Many see the public as nothing more than prey.

When the time comes, and it's coming, they're going to get a very rude awakening when people stop letting themselves get pushed around. When that switch is finally switched, the last thing I'd want to have is a uniform and a badge in plain sight.

Oathkeepers are their only hope IMO.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'd file assault charges against the officer.
I'd get a lawyer and sue the city for every penny I could get.
I'd make a public spectacle of this until everyone saw it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just more proof that when you go out for a walk you HAVE to bring a video camera with you, for proof of police abuse if it should ever happen to you.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
it's sad to see things like this.
i've known some guys who were very good police officers. unfortunately videos like this puts all police in a bad light.

we have to remember, not all police are bad. to those who are, we have avenues we can go down to bring them to justice. the court system knows police integrity with the public is important to maintaining law and order. our police are the foundation to our legislative house. once that goes, it all comes down.

-subfab

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

There are some good officers here and there. But they have little to no influence or control,
and this kind of behavior has not only been tolerated, but has been encouraged for far too long.

It's way past time for a cleansing of our system. That will never happen though, as long as
prohibition remains in place. The incentives are too high for the bad behavior of officers.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Wow, you can tell all of that from a one minute video clip from Youtube

Answer this,,,,

Why was the guy talking to the police in the first place.

He could have been threatening the police 5 minutes before this 1 minute clip.....

I'm not saying the cop did the right thing.

I am just saying, there is only 1 minute of video...........

Where is the rest?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Seems like these days, where there's is cops, there will be a camera close by lol when will they learn....

Oh wait, they don't care, our constitution is getting shredded everyday.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

So if the guy was a "threat" prior to the start of this video, then why wasn't he already on the ground? And why would the cop's partner be walking away from them? So, no, he clearly wasn't posing a threat.

This looks like a case of cop not liking what someone said, then decided to escalate it to a physical confrontation, and this poor sap is probably charged with assaulting a police officer - when he is clearly the one being assualted.

They BOTH looked like they had a serious attitude with their jobs that night.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Don't believe your eyes.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
No context at all in this video. Just a short clip showing some kid, more than likely acting like a complete ass to the cops, and then getting arrested. Plus, you don't slap a cops hand away... ever. You can, but you''ll likely get a full nelson in return.

Right or wrong, the best way to avoid getting arrested is to avoid cops, or at least be nice to them even if they are being idiots.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
No context at all in this video. Just a short clip showing some kid, more than likely acting like a complete ass to the cops, and then getting arrested. Plus, you don't slap a cops hand away... ever. You can, but you''ll likely get a full nelson in return.

Right or wrong, the best way to avoid getting arrested is to avoid cops, or at least be nice to them even if they are being idiots.

Ever? Really? You can't be serious.....

Cops don't deserve the respect they used to. They violate and abuse authority. If a cops hand goes somewhere unnecessary, it gets slapped away. # your badge...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Yep... Try it sometime. I did once when I was younger and it didn't work out so well

It's much, much easier to treat cops with respect, whether you think they deserve it or not. Save the bravado for situations that actually matter.

There is nothing in this short video that shows these are "bad cops". Probably just doing their job.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Zarniwoop because: argh

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yep... Try it sometime. I did once when I was younger and it didn't work out so well

It's much, much easier to treat cops with respect, whether you think they deserve it or not. Save the bravado for situations that actually matter.

There is nothing in this short video that shows these are "bad cops". Probably just doing their job.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Zarniwoop because: argh

There's a difference between "bravado" and respecting yourself enough to not let some power crazed asshole do as he will with you. I've done it at least twice. They're people, they need to be reminded of boundaries as well...

but, as you wish...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It's not a lack of one's respect for one's self (thanks for that, btw), it's weighing the outcome of a situation with what you expect to derive from it. If you'd like to spend a night in jail to say you 'stood up to the man', then that is certainly your right. I like my own bed at home.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It's not a lack of one's respect for one's self (thanks for that, btw), it's weighing the outcome of a situation with what you expect to derive from it. If you'd like to spend a night in jail to say you 'stood up to the man', then that is certainly your right. I like my own bed at home.

See the problem is that a police officer represents "the man" in peoples mind. I'll feel like I stood up to a stooge maybe, but not "the man".

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

OK I'll give you that one. Cops are not "the man"... they work for the "the man"

The positive side is that there is a lot more scrutiny these days on how they execute their job.

Back on topic... this video doesn't show diddly one way or the other. I still think the kid was probably being a turd and got what he deserved. No way to tell without context.

Almost time for server maintenance... peace

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Police are suppose to be Public -->ServantsServants

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Fascist!
I myself have made a habit of asking every police officer that wants to talk to me this question:
"Are you a Peace Officer, or a Policy Enforcer?"
Most become Peace Officers real fast.
Follow up every encounter with police with a statement to the Civilian Review Board, and if they do wrong, a sworn affidavit to the Chief in the form of a complaint against the officer. Three such complaints, the the officer come up for review, and can be fired.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There are only three things you ever have to say to a cop.
1. Am I free to go.
2. I choose to remain silent.
3. I do not consent to a search.

The first question a cop asks you; is to try to get you to admit some guilt, that can later prove their case in court. The are not your friends, so do not talk to them. If they are talking to you they are conducting an investigation, and have no probable cause...your mouth can give them probable cause. When they ask the first question, say either 1 or 2. they will probably make some joke along the lines of are you a lawyer...now is a good time to say; am I free to go. By law they can ask to see your License, Insurance, and or registration when pulled over for a stop. Smells and anything in plain view can give them probable cause upon which they can ask for a search; in such a case say number 3. If it is at this point they can ask to search you by law for weapons, never resist but continue to say number 3. Notice if you have a concealed carry permit then you know the laws for this part. If you don't and have a gun with no permit; then you deserve jail...go the proper routes if you want to have a gun; people that have them without permits etc are criminals and cause strict gun laws, for everyone.

They cannot go into your pockets; unless they feel what seems to be a weapon; they can only pat you down. This is why number 3 is important; if they do go into your pockets, anything they extract that is not a weapon is an illegal seizure. They need a search warrant, as you have constitutional rights against search and seizure. To get around that they need a warrant.

If for some reason you do talk other than 1,2,3 invoke number 2 again at any time. Make sure the people with you know their rights and exercise them as well, cops separate people to try and dig out different stories; if all they get is 1,2, or 3. Then there is nothing that can be said against anyone present in a court of law. You do not ever have to open your door for police; if they can come in they will with a battering ram, they are like vampires they need permission that's why they always ask for the resident. You don't have to let them in if you open the door, unless they have a warrant. If they want too...say I do not consent and close the door. If they chased someone into your house they can enter however. But they cannot search for anything other than the person, once they have the person don't let them hang out in the house, direct them outside. If they want to question you invoke your rights.

Their shoulder Microphone is usually open, and everything being recorded.
If you stick to your resolve and keep invoking your rights, you should be on your way in less than 20 minutes according to the supreme court. If they write you a ticket; you do not have to stick around, you can roll the window up in their face if they keep talking and get back on the road; or just turn and walk away, if on foot.

Practice with friends and family make a game out of it, get your rights firm in mind and automatic. Then watch some reality cop shows, such as COPS or Campus PD...and see how they operate; see how the suspect responds; see how the suspect's responses dig themselves into a hole.

It's also the people that never invoke their rights; that breed these cops that think they are all powerful. Stay calm, always have your hands in view, never resist and always invoke your rights...while you still have them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join