It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold filled with Tungsten found AGAIN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I have been following this story for years now, i have been trashed for bringing it up more then once, however once again gold wraped tungsten found again. This is not the first, but a long series of discoveries of gold being tampered with or Salted with Tungsten. This raises fear of the nature of all of the gold supply, and makes me think, What Do We Have In Fort Knox, do we have Gold or Tungsten or NOTHING. I had to repost this information, people this is becoming more and more wide spread and could threaten central banks, Do You Own Gold, Are You Sure?

My previous thread about this www.abovetopsecret.com...

Coroberating articles
www.zerohedge.com...
agmetalminer.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.daily.pk...
www.dailypaul.com...
richmondunlimited.wordpress.com...
www.theblaze.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

There's no gold in Fort Knox and everyone knows it!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Blue i tend to think you are correct however not everyone knows it for a fact, thats the damn problem they wont let a true audit take place. So i do think you are right i cant state it as fact, what is fact is that the speculation about Fort Knox is in itself not helpful. When the Chinese recieve Gold Bars from the US stamped Fort Knox in the 1990s during the Clinton Administration (just dating it its dems and reps) and discover they are Tungsten wraped in Gold is when i knew we had a serious problem.
This story has been scrubbed from the web, try and find it folks, its out there and its real, China recieved Gold stamped Fort Knox and it was Tungsten wrapped Gold in the 1990's.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

WOW~!

S&F on both threads~! wish ATS would get on board with this, especially when there's multiple separate direct news links~!

Implications are MASSIVE~!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
In my eyes, gold is no more valuable than paper. It might be scarcer, but it's just a piece of shiny metal, nothing more, nothing less. Yet it has other uses, but not enough to warrant it's price. It's 'value' is imaginary and unwarranted.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1947flxible

Blue i tend to think you are correct however not everyone knows it for a fact, thats the damn problem they wont let a true audit take place. So i do think you are right i cant state it as fact, what is fact is that the speculation about Fort Knox is in itself not helpful. When the Chinese recieve Gold Bars from the US stamped Fort Knox in the 1990s during the Clinton Administration (just dating it its dems and reps) and discover they are Tungsten wraped in Gold is when i knew we had a serious problem.
This story has been scrubbed from the web, try and find it folks, its out there and its real, China recieved Gold stamped Fort Knox and it was Tungsten wrapped Gold in the 1990's.

A recent discovery — in October of 2009 — has been suppressed by the main stream media but has been circulating among the “big money” brokers and financial kingpins and is just now being revealed to the public. It involves the gold in Fort Knox — the US Treasury gold — that is the equity of our national wealth. In short, millions (with an “m”) of gold bars are fake!

Who did this? Apparently our own government.

Background
In October of 2009 the Chinese received a shipment of gold bars. Gold is regularly exchanges between countries to pay debts and to settle the so-called balance of trade. Most gold is exchanged and stored in vaults under the supervision of a special organization based in London, the London Bullion Market Association (or LBMA). When the shipment was received, the Chinese government asked that special tests be performed to guarantee the purity and weight of the gold bars. In this test, four small holed are drilled into the gold bars and the metal is then analyzed.

Officials were shocked to learn that the bars were fake. They contained cores of tungsten with only a outer coating of real gold. What’s more, these gold bars, containing serial numbers for tracking, originated in the US and had been stored in Fort Knox for years. There were reportedly between 5,600 to 5,700 bars, weighing 400 oz. each, in the shipment!
Pak Daily

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I do know that story, i am refering to almost the same thing happening in the 1990s, i read article after article about it years ago, for the life of me i cant find it anywhere.
1990s China finds Tungsten in Gold from Fort Knox, i am 100% that these articles existed and i am 100% confident i read them when it happened, and i am 100% confident it has been scrubbed from the web. They(China) made a huge stink about it, and went public with it also, I CANT FIND ANYTHING ABOUT IT its been scrubbed.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero
In my eyes, gold is no more valuable than paper. It might be scarcer, but it's just a piece of shiny metal, nothing more, nothing less. Yet it has other uses, but not enough to warrant it's price. It's 'value' is imaginary and unwarranted.

Just like the Mona Lisa, what an illusion that is.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

evidence for this claim ?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

i doubt the veracity of the " chinese fake gold " tail , simply because the alledged test claimed is slow and drestructive

a national bank or major bullion trader would have the incentive and rescources to have x-ray flouresence machine - which gives the gold content of any item in seconds

only chumps drill holes in gold

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1947flxible
I have been following this story for years now, i have been trashed for bringing it up more then once, however once again gold wraped tungsten found again. This is not the first, but a long series of discoveries of gold being tampered with or Salted with Tungsten. This raises fear of the nature of all of the gold supply, and makes me think, What Do We Have In Fort Knox, do we have Gold or Tungsten or NOTHING. I had to repost this information, people this is becoming more and more wide spread and could threaten central banks, Do You Own Gold, Are You Sure?

My previous thread about this www.abovetopsecret.com...

Coroberating articles
www.zerohedge.com...
agmetalminer.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.daily.pk...
www.dailypaul.com...
richmondunlimited.wordpress.com...
www.theblaze.com...
The gold being tampered with is 400 oz. bars or 1 kilo bars...right? Most people couldn't afford this kind of investment, so who cares if the rich guys get burned ? Do you think one oz. coins are tungsten wrapped in gold??

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
fort knox is empty! perhaps people will recall the story of archimedes and the law of displacement!
eureka! its not 100% gold.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

That was the most ignorant thing I have heard on here . Dear fellow member, despite what you may think about the value of precious metals, they are what makes the world go round. Your'e typing on it right now,

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

But that is not the real point!
There is a grand crime scheme that has been pulled on governments and investors (by governments?) and NOBODY seems to want to discuss it.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I am not surprised in the least.

We all know that our governments world-wide are more corrupt than the day is long, which is why this news doesn't shock me. I expect nothing less from criminals, which is just what they are.

And the sooner it all goes tits up for them the better.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Found a link how to make a counterfeit bar of gold (in layman's terms):

www.popsci.com...

Edit: And this rebuttal with notes for testing fake bars:

neuralnetwriter.cylo42.com...
edit on 27-3-2012 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Komodo

i doubt the veracity of the " chinese fake gold " tail , simply because the alledged test claimed is slow and drestructive

a national bank or major bullion trader would have the incentive and rescources to have x-ray flouresence machine - which gives the gold content of any item in seconds

only chumps drill holes in gold

You do know gold is almost twice the density of lead? If not you should. Please do not ask for proof of this claim.

Given that little tidbit of information, how deep do you expect an x-ray to penetrate, ten microns? One hundred microns? Clear through to the floor?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If you have been following this story can you tell me if you know, which refinery in the US produced the Gold bars?
That is the claim? That Fort Knox received these bars from a specific refinery in the US and they would be stamped...

that said refinery would be investing a considerable amount of money in each bar (depending on the thickness of the Gold covering) and that they would have to be carefully manufactured to weigh and look similar. Even if the tungsten bars were shipped from the refinery un plated they would know what the size and shape of the ingots would be used to simulate. It is common knowledge in the metals world of standardized size and weights of all metals, especially precious metals.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Do i think gold coins are wrapped gold, i have no evidance of that, but who has their gold coins Xrayed or cut, do i think its possible, very much so. So why is it important as you say who cares if rich guys get burned, its very important because we are not talking about "Rich Guys" the storys are refering to Central Banks, large repositorys, Fort Knox, Federal Reserve Bank, Bank of England, Bank of Japan, Bank of China and so on. If confidance in a nations tangible reserve of assets becomes speculative the rest follows very very quickly, no nation has money based in gold anymore, however it is viewed very much as a secure asset. An asset which looses all confidance in the eyes of every other financial institution might as well be a vault of sand, and throws another stream of dought into an already dangerous situation. Markets thrive on confidance and run in fear of dought or outright fraud, which would be on a scale never seen before.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

the density is irrelevant , XFR will tell the difference between gold plated tungsten and cast gold , further such tests as ultrasonic and electrical conductivity tests are capable of detecting inclusions , voids and other anomolies in a casting

such testers are expensive - but when trading a commodity @ £1000+ / oz are a sound investment

like i said origionally - non destructive materials testing is the modern standard - and used in many industries - we no longer drill holes to conduct assay testing

as the simple act of drilling the hole devalues the sample

thats why i think the tail is the fantasy of an idiot who has no idea how the precious metals market actually works

top topics

<<   2 >>

join