It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold filled with Tungsten found AGAIN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by emberscott

the density is irrelevant , XFR will tell the difference between gold plated tungsten and cast gold , further such tests as ultrasonic and electrical conductivity tests are capable of detecting inclusions , voids and other anomolies in a casting

such testers are expensive - but when trading a commodity @ £1000+ / oz are a sound investment

like i said origionally - non destructive materials testing is the modern standard - and used in many industries - we no longer drill holes to conduct assay testing

as the simple act of drilling the hole devalues the sample

thats why i think the tail is the fantasy of an idiot who has no idea how the precious metals market actually works

After reading your comment reply I realized that a certain density is the prevalent cause of your misconception.

With that being said, I suggest you consult the world gold council, as they have apparently been going about it all wrong, as you are suggesting and could possibly use your sound advice.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is one of the few pieces of corroborating evidance to when i say this has been a long term issue, found in the 1990s by the Chinese in a transfer. Bob Chapmen comments directly to this in an interview a little over 2 years ago, this has been almost scrubbed from the internet, years ago i was able to get full articles about this specific incident. Now just scant mentions of little viewed clips, which im sure now that i put this link out it will be erased aswell, or copyright blocked, just like the video showing how they are made, filmed by a german film crew, now its copyright blocked by Youtube, censorship by copyright.
Im begining to think this is huge people, i mean on a vast vast scale, a lot bigger then people want to believe as in we have been really decieved and are in a lot deeper then we can imagine. Discussing this topic makes me very nervious i have to admit, everyone comments here about Ufo's and is Fort Knox empty, and other news, but i have found this issue to be hard to get ahold of. Articles disapear, videos get copyrighted and cant be viewed the topic itself is trashed, i really feel this is one of the biggest storys ever just waiting to be unearthed, if it can be without lives being lost, i think its the tip of the iceburg, and frankly dangerous to discuss.

WATCH THESE WHILE YOU CAN, IM SURE THEY WILL BE GONE VERY VERY SOON!
i give it 72hrs before Youtube copyrights them.

Bob Chapmen discussing 1990's Chinese Gold Scam www.youtube.com...
German film showing the making of Tungsten Salted Gold Bars www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-3-2012 by 1947flxible because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Not fantasy...

www.prospectingjournal.com...

This week, a 1,000-gram ‘fake’ gold bar was found in the United Kingdom. Upon realizing discrepancies in the weight of the bar of gold, further tests revealed that the bar had been drilled out and filled with tungsten.
---
Somewhat surprisingly, this isn’t the first time we are learning about gold counterfeiting. In October 2009, bankers in Hong Kong discovered gold bars from the US that were filled with Tungsten, with similar instances also occurring in Ethiopia and South Africa. In almost every documented situation Tungsten is commonly chosen as a substitute. It is a material substantially cheaper than gold but shares the exact same density, to the third decimal. This makes it the ideal material for counterfeiting.
---
Banks regularly deploy a system in which gold is cyclically sent off for cutting and refining, in an effort to prevent chipping in order to maintain a marketable standard of presentation. Tungsten plated gold would almost certainly become detected in this banking process. So without even taking into account the technical difficulties associated with counterfeiting gold itself, the nature of the market is one that disallows this type of negative activity. And if we ever do find ourselves in the growing midst of widespread gold counterfeiting, it only costs $3000 to purchase a meter that is able to detect tungsten.

So yah, it did happen and it is something to be careful with, but not overly panicked about. Disturbing too is the repeated claims the origin of the bars in question is the US of A.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think there are 4 things to notice about gold. Most of you see them, but I'm summing them up and adding some.

1. National reserves remains disputed. This might be lack of auditing, that they are allready sold or that they are held on foreign ground. For people this means a problem in the post-dollar era. The Fort Knox problem is the same all over the world.

2. Counter-fitting is a age old problem, but the scale of the Tungsten threat scares people from investing. And it also reinforces the first point.

3. Bank scams. There is too much paper-gold in circulation. Some of it is probably not going to be backed in real gold. And even if the gold is real, banks can still access segregated accounts of those buying Gold in the futures market. Most new gold start out in that market.

4. The lack of a gold-exchange that is not controlled by the world bank. The latest Chinese initiative got shot down, let's hope the gold-vigilantist can get a new Asian exchange open asap.

Some people has been eager to have a petro-dollar system in the world. That plan has failed, so the financial muscles to restrain the gold-market is no longer present. This is a fight between the banks and the gold vigilantist. Perhaps even JP Morgan silver manipulation has come to an end too? Anyway, some countries will hoard gold from now on. If not openly, then covertly.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Somewhat surprisingly, this isn’t the first time we are learning about gold counterfeiting. In October 2009, bankers in Hong Kong discovered gold bars from the US that were filled with Tungsten,

A claim which has never been substantiated.

The Coin story concluded that "there has been almost a total blackout on news coverage of this story." Well, this charge can't be laid to gold investor news sources and letters as numerous attempts continue to be made with regularity to try to validate and legitimize the original story that cropped up last fall in the vein of an alleged 1.3 to 1.5 million 400-ounce bars produced in the US to flood/fool various nations in the world.

www.safehaven.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Phage for clearing up the "million bar theory" for me. I can see how that tale grew in the telling. the original story of drilling bars and inserting rods of tungsten here and there is probably more to the truth of it all. I can see how they could accomplish that. A real stamped and serialized bar is drilled and rods of tungsten are inserted, then some of the drilled gold is used to fill the holes and smooth over the side of the bar so as to hide the manipulation.

This is easy enough with the right kind of temperature and basic welding skills. It would be pretty good scam producing the bar pictured in my previous post.

Having been a Weighmaster at a recycle center in one of my former lives I used to be on the look out for various scams. One employed was to take copper pipe pulled from demolition of buildings and fill lengths of it with molten lead. Hammer over the ends and mix with a larger lot of scrap piping it was easy to miss if you didn't keep eyes on. Anyone who got caught was blacklisted from all scrap yards forever, so it was a cheap way to end your recycling career.

The link showing a "rust spot" on a coin doesn't bother me. If a gold coin is stored touching a ferrous metal for any length of time an electrolytic exchange can occur, coating the coin with bit of oxide or rust that is easily removed. Like ship wreck coins that have a corrosion on them, it is only a surface feature that is removed to expose the untarnished gold underneath. Thats the beauty of Gold. All that time on the ocean floor has zero effect.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

There is ample evidence that counterfeiting has and will continue to be done. As long as there is anything of any value (real or perceived), there will be fakes. The greater the value, the greater the incentive. Caveat emptor.

It just isn't necessary to throw rumor of into the mix.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I say, find out who's buying Tungsten rods that shouldn't be.

Goldman Sachs buying Tungsten rods should raise some red flags.

Tungsten is used for the tips of cutting tools, and difficult to reshape. I'm surprised something could actually cut it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There is ample evidence that counterfeiting has and will continue to be done. As long as there is anything of any value (real or perceived), there will be fakes. The greater the value, the greater the incentive. Caveat emptor.

It just isn't necessary to throw rumor of into the mix.

Actually, it's quite proper for folks to speculate when there exsists even a slight possibility that they have been completely and collectively screwed over on a grandiose scale since about 1918. Rumor, speculation, whatever you like to call it, it's the first step in figuring things like embezzlement out, I'm sure you've heard the word hypothesize before, we do alot of it on these types of sites phage.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

nice ` bait and switch `
thats a totally different case ,

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

everyone , but you - it seems is au fait with the non destructive assay techniques required to test gold [ and most other substances purity ]

it only costs $3000 to purchase a meter that is able to detect tungsten

source

but , by all means - continue to insult me and dig yourself deeper into the pit of your fantasies

top topics

<< 1   >>

join