It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello you great ATS'ers!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So, greetings! My nickname's TumeX, but you can refer to me as "Tume" since it's my real life nick-name. It's pronounced "Two-Meh", or at least close to it

I've read this site for YEARS (almost weekly, sometimes daily if I happen to pick up a good topic - either on my PCs or my smartphone (readin ATS on a bed while getting a little sleepy - best thing ever! :lol
, and finally decided to register and hopelly soon, to get in to conversations.
I love intellectual discussion and debates, and I have a habit of NOT getting very angry in any topics.
I can always understand that it's someone else behind the other computer than me, no it's only natural that
disagreemeents happen.

So, in my signature there's also a bit of info about me (what makes me special - and not just my minor hobbies).

I really hope I'll have a fruitful time here with you guys! ATS rocks.

/Tume OUT.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TumeX

Welcome to ATS.
Is there a story (that you feel willing to reveal on a public forum) behind the nick as it seems quite unique. (I am not an American, maybe that's it?)

I'm sure you'll find much to discuss and comment on. Probably stuff that will make you and many others angry too, but that's all part of human nature. Personally I like to bash politicians and politics in general and people that abuse animals and children and plenty more besides. It's all good when it's all bad, if that makes sense.

See you around.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Welcome, so glad you could join us. We might bite, but a few rabies shots and you'll be fine

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by TumeX

Welcome to ATS.
Is there a story (that you feel willing to reveal on a public forum) behind the nick as it seems quite unique. (I am not an American, maybe that's it?)

I'm sure you'll find much to discuss and comment on. Probably stuff that will make you and many others angry too, but that's all part of human nature. Personally I like to bash politicians and politics in general and people that abuse animals and children and plenty more besides. It's all good when it's all bad, if that makes sense.

See you around.

The reason for "Tume-X" is a long one. To put it short, it's sort of an artist-name for myself (for my music, pixel/digital-art, and I use it on many places like online video gaming). The -X part started to become an inside-joke soon after I adopted it, my ex-girlfriend created a nick with that "X", then my best buddy, then that buddy's both sisters and so on

Right now, on my phone's contacts, there's my friend's sisters name written as H____-X", heh. The X has almost taken the form of "friendship" (like, X is our friendcircle's "Logo", so to speak).

But enough of that. I hope it's okay to ask this here as I'm totally new (these forums looks veeeery different from before I made this account) - so here goes - I made a rather lenghty signature and the best part about "why I'm special" got cut out. Why
It's a very interesting subject and I hope to find threads on ATS about people with similar "gifts".

ninjaedit: And, how long does it take until my Avatar shows up, I want to see how it looks like and that sub-title below it doesn't make sense until you can see it.
edit on 25/3/12 by TumeX because: Forgot something else to add!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Welcome to the mother ship.

Hand in your bacon and everything will be fine.

See you around the boards

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TumeX

Welcome to ATS mate, just don't do or say anything to upset the Americans or they'll say sh1t about your country, actually they won't let you say anything unless its not about America, thats how patriotic they are, hating on every other country.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TumeX

We are Rigel4............Beware of the Shemale Cosmo (Dr Cosmo)

has predatory deviances...................... ha ha

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Cookies...you need cookies....Welcome to ATS....

Des

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TumeX

Thanks for the explanation.
As for avatar's...I'm still trying but an useless with art software and the only one I found that I thought suited me was an animated gif that went over the 75kb limit by several hundred kb.
Ah well...as for the sig, it's limited to 5 lines (no idea how many characters though) so maybe you need to condense it or...forget it. Be welcome.
ETA Ooh look! Someone brought cookies for you!
(You should feel honoured, DestinyOne doesn't do that for just anyone, *sniff!*)
edit on 25/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hi! WELCOME to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only.

Remember the introduction forum is for new member introductions only (please read) and you need 20 posts before you can start a topical thread.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.
Terms & Conditions - Please fully read!!

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Signature Guidelines

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

greeneyedleo (aka GEL)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by TumeX

Thanks for the explanation.
As for avatar's...I'm still trying but an useless with art software and the only one I found that I thought suited me was an animated gif that went over the 75kb limit by several hundred kb.
Ah well...as for the sig, it's limited to 5 lines (no idea how many characters though) so maybe you need to condense it or...forget it. Be welcome.
ETA Ooh look! Someone brought cookies for you!
(You should feel honoured, DestinyOne doesn't do that for just anyone, *sniff!*)
edit on 25/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

Please read New Rules for Avatars and Mini-profiles

to upload...

*GO TO TOOLS
*GO TO ATS UPLOADS
*UPLOAD
*CLICK ON THE IMAGE AND CHOSE UNDER IT........AVATAR or BACKGROUND

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

My avatar was 450kb, even asking members help got it down to more than the allowed file size. No biggie, I'll just be "naked" here till I can find something at least as appropriate as an annoying animated gif.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Post it as a picture and i will sort it for you

Like this

edit on 25-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thanks for ALL the wonderful and insightful posts, from regulars and moderators! I'm currently on my father's computer (I've been visiting him for two weeks, I'll get back home to my actual computer next week.) so this computer's painfully slow (on sites like Youtube or Reddit I can't even comment properly on stuff since the delay between my key-press and seeing a lter on screen can be 2-4 seconds!
So it can take 15-30 minutes after I've written something to finally see it on screen and fix typo's and the like.

ATS seems to respond quickly to my keyboard presses, fantastic!

Someone told be about the politics discussion on ATS: I'm not that into politics (except my country's own), but I always keep up with news from all around the world.

And thanks for the cookeh! But my father already bought us some delicious cookies from a bakery a while ago

Oh, and I'm 27. 28 next August!

Please READ:
**The Avatar Problem:**
Sir/Madam Mod (heh) who'se name I forgot (I forget names easily, even online), I did it by your instructions, but:
My avatar was originally a .png -file, which I prefer for my stuff.

So I re-saved it as a JPG. It fits every rule (size, dimensions etc..) but I got this error after waiting for it to upload:

[red text] -- ats_TumeX_lil_green_... (8.71KB) - IO Error

If anyone can help me here (I don't want to trouble moderators with a simple thing like that, I've been a mod myself in the past on a few forums and it can be hectic on buzy days/nights), I'd really appreciate it!
I want my cute quickly doodled 8-bit green-man, next to my name

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TumeX

Welcome to ATS!

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Cya around..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Beware of the Shemale

Only in the mind of rigel4.....

cough, cough

Beware of rigel......she's a troll

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Beware of the Shemale

Only in the mind of rigel4.....

cough, cough

Beware of rigel......she's a troll

Yeah, I know Rigel from my lurking days.. Actually, I have a thread open on my mobile phone where Rigel posting. I don't mind him, and I don't think he's a "troll" per se, he just seems to have his own strict views. He can seem to bummer people down in threads though, especially in the Aliens & UFO's -section.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TumeX

So...you don't want my cookies...eh...

How about...CAKE...in keeping with your green man theme....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TumeX

Yeah, I know Rigel from my lurking days

I feel sorry for you.....

Actually, I have a thread open on my mobile phone where Rigel posting

Clean that phone, or better yet, throw that crap in the bog!

He can seem to bummer people down in threads though

Nah...she's a sweet ol butterfly.

Wait for her...5,4,3,2,1...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Welcome!! So what made you finally decide to join us?? And can you tell us here what those "best bits" were??
♥♥♥

<<   2 >>

join