It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beezzer's Court

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This thread has stemmed from this thread.

I would like to create a virtual courtroom. Have a defense attourney, a prosecution, and twelve jurors.

I would like to "debate" a case based on avaliable facts, reason, common sense.

Leave the rhetoric, inflamatory comments, emotions at the door.

Many have come up with some great ideas in the earlier thread. If someone wants to take the ball and run with it, just let me know. I'm not in this for the fast cars or high pay.

So, for now, my name isJudge Roy Beezzer.
(small pun)

And I'm taking casting calls for people.

The case?
Zimmerman shooting. Should he be convicted of a crime?

I'm in Germany and it's getting late here. Will check in early am and throughout the day. I will be up for a bit, tonight.

Thanks for your help, thoughts and input.

beez
edit on 25-3-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just thought you could use a theme song.

The Stand Your Ground law states:

A stand-your-ground law states that a person may use deadly force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of a threat, without an obligation to retreat first. In some cases, a person may use deadly force in public areas without a duty to retreat. Under these legal concepts, a person is justified in using deadly force in certain situations and the "stand your ground" law would be a defense to criminal charges.

So, if Zimmerman is following Martin does Martin have reason to believe his life is in danger? If he attacked and then was shot, can Zimmerman be protected from prosecution by the same law that would have protected Martin had he lived?

edit on 25-3-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I really don't know anything about this. Never read any of the threads or news. Just titles in passing.

I will volunteer to be a juror.

Actually nevermind. I dont care.
edit on 25-3-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Cool. You are juror #1
Thanks!

Um, okay. you're NOT juror #1

reply to post by TinkerHaus

A theme song!
Awesome!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Think id like to have a polling ability before you get your fancy courtroom and wigs tbh

two!

edit on 25-3-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My argument is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

From my perspective. Zimmerman is wrong from a few stand points of Political Theory...unless you follow Rousseau, and that line of thinking leads to absolute anarchy with no over system or government. Anyways, my argument is in the link above.

I find Zimmerman to be in the line of sight of a Vigilante conviction and possible 2nd Degree Murder.
He broke the contract, he infringed upon sacred rights, and he returned to a state of nature. Justice should be served.

It's just my opinion, dare to read it if you will.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Does that mean you'd want to be the prosecutor, or just a witness for the prosecution?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ill sit in on this case. Then when people give convincing evidence that sways opinion Ill stand up and be all like "Dammn, no you di ' nt!"

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Ill sit in on this case. Then when people give convincing evidence that sways opinion Ill stand up and be all like "Dammn, no you di ' nt!"
You're in!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I volunteer to be a juror.

I have no vested interest in the case, and I could not care less about the outcome.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Eh, I don't really want to participate in the argument. I just wanted an alternative perspective to be observed and considered before anyone in the thread made any decision either way. Call me a party pooper, but I'm just here to drop an alternative point of view and watch how this goes. I do want everyone to consider the aspect of personal sovereignty and the right to privacy that was definitely infringed upon.

EDIT: You know what, I don't care. I'll be part of the prosecution team.
edit on 25-3-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I volunteer to be a juror.

I have no vested interest in the case, and I could not care less about the outcome.

Sweet! Thank you.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by beezzer

Eh, I don't really want to participate in the argument. I just wanted an alternative perspective to be observed and considered before anyone in the thread made any decision either way. Call me a party pooper, but I'm just here to drop an alternative point of view and watch how this goes. I do want everyone to consider the aspect of personal sovereignty and the right to privacy that was definitely infringed upon.

EDIT: You know what, I don't care. I'll be part of the prosecution team.

Awesome. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I thought I knew where I stood on this shooting, but now I'm not so sure. I will have to suspend judgement (well, but you said you are the judge!) until more evidence comes out. Though there are possible indications now that there is more to this confrontation, still, the boy was unarmed, and Zimmerman was. Anyway, I'll wait for more evidence.

(Your avatar is the coolest I have ever seen on the net! I am an animation fan among many other interests, and if you drew that, kudos, but if it's from a cartoon, I want to read or view that cartoon. Though as my screen name and avatar suggest, I really do like to keep pet rats, rabbits are a fave as well. That is such a simple and expressive little frame, and I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time I see it!)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Actually guys...we have a problem
The man who signed the law:
articles.orlandosentinel.com... er

Report: Jeb Bush says 'stand your ground' law doesn't apply in Trayvon Martin shooting 11:40 p.m. EST, March 24, 2012 The death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin has put Florida's "stand your ground" law under scrutiny after police cited it as one reason they did not arrest George Zimmerman, the 28-year-old Neighborhood Watch volunteer who said he shot Trayvon in self-defense. But the man who signed "stand your ground" into law says officials have it wrong. Speaking Friday in Texas, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said "stand your ground" doesn't apply to this case."Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn't mean chase after somebody who's turned their back," Bush told The Dallas Morning News.

So the original intent of the founders of this nation in the way of Personal Sovereignty and Privacy were infringed on that evening...and then...The Spirit of the Law, according to Jeb Bush, is being trampled upon by it being used as a defense by Zimmerman.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Question.

Does the mock trial change in every aspect when a grand jury is convened?

There are dirty histories of both the dead and the living that will come out. Significant monies have been spent to conceal aggression records on both sides.

Hearsay is that the dead was jumped in and banging. Hearsay is also that the aggressor that caused the death had slanted views on race and possibly had interaction with others that had the same views.

Unless all attempted suppression/sealing is lifted for the GJ then it is only a theater and script media trial based on which side invested the heaviest.

How close to real is Beezzers court?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If you need me in, I volunteer for juror.
I'm neutral so I'm good.
Sounds like a fun plan

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by beezzer

If you need me in, I volunteer for juror.
I'm neutral so I'm good.
Sounds like a fun plan

Thanks! When we get to 12, I'll post the jurors and set the court date.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks! When we get to 12, I'll post the jurors and set the court date.

Sound's good to me.
It should be an interesting project.
Speak soon

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Question.

Does the mock trial change in every aspect when a grand jury is convened?

No. It will be based on current evidence avaliable, and common sense.

There are dirty histories of both the dead and the living that will come out. Significant monies have been spent to conceal aggression records on both sides.

Hearsay is that the dead was jumped in and banging. Hearsay is also that the aggressor that caused the death had slanted views on race and possibly had interaction with others that had the same views.

Truth. So we will try to use reason to make a determination.

Unless all attempted suppression/sealing is lifted for the GJ then it is only a theater and script media trial based on which side invested the heaviest.

How close to real is Beezzers court?
Beezzer's Court is a mock trial that will try to cut through all the rhetoric and just make judgement based on facts. Instead of emotions being used to validate opinion, common sense, reason and fact will be into the fore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join