It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If someone has a great UFO photo, why should or should not this pic be shared?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am wondering the pro's vs the con's here. There is always someone to debunk or try to debunk a photo, right. And once you share this photo on a public forum, it is of course possible to be tossed everywhere you did not give the photo permission to be, right? And, also, it you have a great UFO photo, is there not a way to protect it from this, like some kind of copyright?
I also wonder, why should a person share a photo? Maybe the person who got the photo was the only one meant to see this? Maybe, a personal experience is called personal for a reason, and once you share you take away all possibility of your life being private?
It is so risky to just throw a photo out there for scrutiny, wouldn't you agree? I think there are so many factors to consider before just sharing a photo.
Tell me what you think about all of this, please.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MoEskiMo

Photoshop-->Watermark

Whenever we reveal our beliefs that differ from others they will be there to judge. This is human nature, there is no way to avoid other than not sharing that kind of information.
edit on 22-3-2012 by uglymod because:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If you can't explain the photo and are willing to listen to other views by all means share it. If it's obviously a picture of an airplane or just a fuzzy light in the sky, expect not to be believed (though there is a retard believe everything cabal on this site). If it's debunked, it's debunked. Share the story as well as the photo.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoEskiMo
I am wondering the pro's vs the con's here. There is always someone to debunk or try to debunk a photo, right. And once you share this photo on a public forum, it is of course possible to be tossed everywhere you did not give the photo permission to be, right? And, also, it you have a great UFO photo, is there not a way to protect it from this, like some kind of copyright?
I also wonder, why should a person share a photo? Maybe the person who got the photo was the only one meant to see this? Maybe, a personal experience is called personal for a reason, and once you share you take away all possibility of your life being private?
It is so risky to just throw a photo out there for scrutiny, wouldn't you agree? I think there are so many factors to consider before just sharing a photo.

does the person with the photo want TRUTH or confirmation of belief? THAT is the real question.

whether you like skeptics/debunkers or not, most of them here are an asset. They weed out the crap/hoaxes and misidentifications. while on the other hand some people don't want truth and only want to hear that what they captured is an amazing extra terrestrial object. confirmation of belief.

if one is truly seeking TRUTH then they shouldn't care what skeptics/debunkers say....they should embrace it, even if the TRUTH is shown to be something different than what they want to hear...

....just my opinion....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by uglymod

ok, that is a good answer. I am sure I can google to figure out how to do this.

Thanks for that info.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by uglymod

Photoshop-->Watermark

Whenever we reveal our beliefs that differ from others they will be there to judge. This is human nature, there is no way to avoid other than not sharing that kind of information.
edit on 22-3-2012 by uglymod because:

NO. do NOT do this.
once you open a photo in photoshop or any editing software you have eliminated the legitimacy of it.

ALWAYS share only the image straight from the camera.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Please post it......So that it
can be debunked.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

No, I have been sitting on this photo for a bit. I have only shown four people. I do not feel I need anything, I understand what you are saying. I do not need someone to tell me the truth, I see the truth.

The story: I was standing outside in June, in Fairbanks, AK, waiting for a taxi to take me to work. The sky was a beautiful picture perfect blue, with a jet flying kind of sideways, making a nice double stream behind it. I thought I would take a pic, I usually always have my camera on me, and I pictured me cropping it later, with the jet in the upper left corner, and the stream going all the way down to the bottom right corner.
While I am cropping this pic, and zooming in, I see other objects in the photo, that I did not notice while taking the photo. There are, as far as I have seen, five objects, 4 are saucer-shaped, and one is a strange figure(?), maybe wrong thing to call it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Why not share it? All of the worst will always be assumed. If it is your work or your photo then let us judge...
Either way the Trolls will troll and the rest will deny ignorance, or FAIL! Open mind required to be objective

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by freakshowfatty

I would like a way to protect it. I have not had my questions answered, sorry, I am wondering still a few things.
Like I said, I have been sitting on this photo since 2009.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Come on, post the picture. Anticipation is killing me.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

does the person with the photo want TRUTH or confirmation of belief? THAT is the real question.

whether you like skeptics/debunkers or not, most of them here are an asset. They weed out the crap/hoaxes and misidentifications. while on the other hand some people don't want truth and only want to hear that what they captured is an amazing extra terrestrial object. confirmation of belief.

if one is truly seeking TRUTH then they shouldn't care what skeptics/debunkers say....they should embrace it, even if the TRUTH is shown to be something different than what they want to hear...

....just my opinion....

Not just your opinion.

Fact.

Share the damn photo already!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Well I would love to see.. however, long time internets will disillusion a brain that's why they've let us be so desensitized so real and fake at this point is subjective... but knowledge it important to all who care!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It is so risky to just throw a photo out there for scrutiny, wouldn't you agree?

Not really. Evidence is evidence and it should stand on its own. What's to risk? Either it's a legit picture or a hoax or a misidentification or too vague to count for anything. If you're open minded enough you should be open to all these possibilities. What do you stand to lose by posting it?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Make a copy, crop the copy,post the copy and keep the original. Hopefully problem solved.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

UH,

First I need the picture to do that.

How do you expect me to make a copy with no picture?
edit on 22-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by freakshowfatty

I would like a way to protect it. I have not had my questions answered, sorry, I am wondering still a few things.
Like I said, I have been sitting on this photo since 2009.

well the only way to have it analyzed is have an unedited original image directly off the camera.
watermarking it to protect it will ruin it and make it absolutely unable to be analyzed.

why do you want to protect it? what could happen to it?
if you share the original with me, being a staffer, i can verify it is the original unaltered image. then you can post it with a watermark. would that work?

with that said, i lived in the Fairbanks area for 4 years.....number of years ago...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If someone has a great UFO photo, why should or should not they post a thread asking whether they should post it?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

By default, as I understand it as an artist and photographer, the owner or creator of any image has All Rights Reserved copyright unless expressed otherwise, even without a watermark.

Thus, from a legal standpoint, you're fine with posting un-marked photos.

Watermarks, yes, are used in the industry to express copyright, but, they're there more so for advertising.

If you posted something somewhere, and then found out if was posted somewhere else without your permission, you could very well go through legal channels for compensation of unlawful use.

So long as you have the camera the photo was shot, so, there's no doubt when the exif data is compared to the camera that you do indeed own the picture, you're golden.

With photos of things like UFOs, if you watermark or edit the photo at all, you negate levels of legitimacy.

As far as your anonymity goes, whatever your name is here, MoEskiMo is all we're going to know you by unless you come right out and tell us who you are.
There's nothing to be scared about.

Please post the photo.

As far as criticism goes, you get that every single day of your life every time you go outside. Someone, somewhere, typically without you knowing about it, is having an opinion about you, whether it's good or bad. You can't escape criticism.

Please post the photo.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You can embed copyright notices in the EXIF data...(metadata).

This way you dont have to "edit" the photo in any way

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join