It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning for USA !!! Major Earthquake in North America Imminent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
ALL this Doom over the past week or so with March 20, 21, 22 one day down 2 to go.

Im at the point lets do this and get it over with

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by Human_Alien

why do you think this 7.er in mexico wasnt the one he speaks of in the video?

Because the Mexico subduction zone is more prone "historicly" than california

link   
This was from last year!!!!

link   
Comments suggest that this video is a year old... Is it still reliable?

link   
Geologists have been saying this for a long time now.. that it's imminent ... zomg! it's coming! any day now! .. and while that's true, it so far hasn't .. and predictions keep coming..

The fact of the matter is it could come tomorrow, or in three years.. the only thing we know is it's bound to happen.. Geologists know these active regions have pressure that builds up over time, and the longer it takes for that pressure to get released, the more likely it is to be a much larger event .. the fact that these predictions have been going on for a few years now at least tells me that either pressure is building slower than they think.. or the pressure has been building steadily without a break in the tension letting the plates slide together ( a quake ) ..

The reason the fervor is up now is because the ring of fire has been active.. from Japan to Mexico .. you shake the earth like that, you risk triggering a quake elsewhere where the pressure has been building.

But yes again - we know it's coming.. I think everyone knows.. but we have no clue when.
edit on 3/20/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

link   
Nope. Sorry I added to my other comment. Notice @ :19 he said " then we had that big one in New Zealand just last month" while showing the graphics.

I remembered watching it last year during the whole Japan/Fukushima panic.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

This is 1 year old

He said " we had one in NZ just last month "
edit on 20-3-2012 by LordDrakula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Jesus, so many people predicting quakes, someone's gonna be right

So no predictive system could ever be accurate, according to you?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordDrakula

This is 1 year old

I'm just realizing that and asked for this to be closed. My apologies to everyone.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here in AR we are getting alot of rain. Lots of water weight. May be the straw that breaks the New madrid back... Im just saying... my opinion

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I agree. It's only logical. But now, this 188 day thing, will have me accutely aware of certain days. If that consistently pans out, then.....we will know when!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The funny thing about this thread is the S+F you got.

For a video one year old

People will believe anything in here without proof

Talk about a flawed system.

link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by LordDrakula

This is 1 year old

I'm just realizing that and asked for this to be closed. My apologies to everyone.

Nothing to apologies, we live in hard times...

link   

Originally posted by twohawks

Originally posted by satron
Jesus, so many people predicting quakes, someone's gonna be right.

Being so cavalier about info that is proving itself to be correct shows one of two things, either your tooaffraid to admit that it's possible or your despritly trying to subvert
The hypothisis, which is it?

How about the fact that there are models that predict earthquakes, but none of them are good enough to pin them down to a science.

Of course an earthquake could happen anytime, what's your point?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I don't know man. I've had a horrible feeling about Hawaii lately. Ever since those booms were heard about 2 weeks ago. California can probably take the brunt of a powerful earthquake but can Hawaii? I mean, do they build things up to earthquake standards and codes? I hope so. I keep picturing tiki huts spewed throughout the islands there.

Come on, H.A. It's not all tiki huts and hula girls out here. My house is reinforced to withstand at least a 7.0. It is a modern, if laid-back place.

I am curious though as to why you think Hawai'i will get hit with a big one in the coming days, if that is what you think...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It is a video from last year. I remember watching it. If you look down in the comments section of the youtube link, you will see that a person posts a comment about the age of the video.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by twohawks

Jesus, so many people predicting quakes, someone's gonna be right.

Being so cavalier about info that is proving itself to be correct shows one of two things, either your tooaffraid to admit that it's possible or your despritly trying to subvert
The hypothisis, which is it?

How about the fact that there are models that predict earthquakes, but none of them are good enough to pin them down to a science.

Of course an earthquake could happen anytime, what's your point?

My point being that while "science" hasn't quite bridged the gap between modalities of prognostication, there are others just as valid, we need only to expand our reference beyound the norm to experiance them

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Hi Variable, today just a short while ago, the (-controversial!-) Dutchsinse made a vid about Hawaii having felt the need to be putting up new volcano cameras.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

I am curious though as to why you think Hawai'i will get hit with a big one in the coming days, if that is what you think...

Primarily because of this:

Big Island Mystery Booms Amid Earthquake Swarm
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiteNGale2
It is a video from last year. I remember watching it. If you look down in the comments section of the youtube link, you will see that a person posts a comment about the age of the video.

I know that now. I asked for this to be closed but.................

But who knows, maybe he was a year early?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join