It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Island Mystery Booms Amid Earthquake Swarm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hawaii is having a swarm of earthquakes but...there were reports of mystery explosion around the same time. Huh? What in the world could've caused that???

There's a police scanner depicting the calls they received regarding these loud explosion sounds.
I'll look around the Internet and see if anyone recorded these booms.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here are interviews with witnesses who heard and felt the mysterious boom.

They didn't hear no-thunder (as the police thought. What a putz)

edit on 25-2-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Earthquake booms:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

"Perhaps the best way to understand earthquake sounds are from an actual experiment that took place back in the 80's in California by David Hill. Dr. Hill's team recorded sounds that came out of the earth (from nearby small earthquakes between magnitude 2.0 and 3.0) and simultaneously measured the arrival of the P wave on a seismograph. Researchers also reported hearing a sound before the S waves were recorded; this turned out to be the arrival of the P wave. "

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I get this sick sinking feeling that Hawaii will fall victim to something major this year. I don't know where this feeling is coming from but...it's not a good one at all.

Please....I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
One thing I don't understand is they said this area gets earthquakes all the time. Why no sounds before? What was different about this time?

The recent quake in Switzerland produced these types of sounds.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Thanks for that link and I realize there are exceptions to every rule however.......the first sentence says:
Earthquake "booms" have been reported for a long time, and they tend to occur more in the Northeastern US and along the East Coast.

and Hawaii is the most furthest and western-est state there is from the east coast. Not saying this isn't part of this phenomenon but......

And besides, Hawaii is an island. How much bedrock could it have? I always thought/felt their earthquakes generated from the ring of fire area which is in the Pacific ocean. So where would the boom originate from? The ocean? By how can you hear an ocean sound on the land?

Thanks again for that link
I'll read it more thoroughly now.

By the way, where exactly was that large group of Dolphins--- running with that whale boat--- that was posted on here, filmed? Anyone remember? Was it the Pacific coast? If so.....Hmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
One thing I don't understand is they said this area gets earthquakes all the time. Why no sounds before? What was different about this time?

The recent quake in Switzerland produced these types of sounds.

Last time was 2006, not sure if that qualifies for all the time but they have active volcano action all the time which probably triggers small earthquakes hardly worth noticing. But this swarm is not the typical. Nor this (or these) boom(s).

Could you imagine living in an area conducive to not only volcanoes and earthquakes but tsunamis too? You gotta really LOVE where you live to put up with those odds. But Hawaii truly is a magical place. Spiritually and geologically.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yes Hawaii is an island, but it is connected to the sea floor which is composed primarily of basalt one of the densest rocks on earth. Which could easily induct subsea level vibrations from a different location.
edit on 25-2-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Yes Hawaii is an island, but it is connected to the sea floor which is composed primarily of basalt one of the densest rocks on earth.

Would you know if basalt has fault lines or can actually start shifting?
Would you agree Hawaii''s earthquakes take place out in the ocean?

Thank you in advance

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
These Dolphins were filmed yesterday off the coast of southern California. That's not that far from Hawaii.
Why do I think there's a correlation here???

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I would think that a vast majority of the earth quakes in Hawaii are due to volcanic action and not platetetonics. Hawaii is an island chain that was formed by a hot spot in the athenosphere. But that still does not explain the booming sounds heard this time and not in the past. The only thing that makes sense is that the booming sound was the result of volcanic activity, the sounds they heard may be rare occourances.

Fault lines usually occur near the ocean basin/continental subduction zones. I am not a geologist so I am am not aware of any ocean basin faults unless you count the pacific rift valleys as a fault ( not sure how close Hawaii is to that).

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I was looking at the real time world wide displays when I caught this one.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

I thought something looked real weird about there being a HUGE bump on the Guam display and the Ukraine display...then saw RSOE was recording a huge quake in ....quite literally...outer Mongolia as it so happens.
edit on 26-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Thank you for that information. You got me wondering, can the Sun's CMEs, that are earthbound, effect volcanic action? We think they cause earthquakes but, what about volcanoes?

I don't like this feeling I'm having about the west.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Can that be the result of this 5.9 earthquake Taiwan just had? I am horrible at geography so I don't know where Mongolia is compared to Taiwan. They're both eastern and considered to be part of Asia, right? (hangin' my head in shame for not knowing)

www.emsc-csem.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Recent Quake Display

It would seem there is quite a string lately. Taiwan, Pakistan and then Siberia/Mongolia. All with big ones and all in quick succession. Hmmm...... Good Morning, Gaia. lol........ (I'm only half joking)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Booms heard before the the EQ in Colorado & reported booms before the NM fault let loose in 1811.
Cannon like booms

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Taiwan is also an island.....
Perhaps japan is getting ready to sink ala edgar Cayce

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Those booms in that video were followed by an earthquake in the same area?

If I didn't know better I'd think those booms were Earth's pulse!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I was going to move to Hawaii a couple of years ago, and I just had a bad feeling about it and decided not to at the last minute. It just seems so vulnerable and small out there, and all the volcanos.My best friend lives there, and I worry for her. If an earthquake like Japan happened close to that island, I don't even want to think about it. That report of the strange plume could be an underwater volcano or some type of seabed disruption. I hope it's nothing, because it could be very bad if something were to happen in that area. S&F

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Have you seen this? It could be related.

Mysterious discharge clouds waters at Hawaii harbor
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Isolation
started on 3/2/2012 @ 05:03 AM

His link to the article:
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Mysterious submarine plume discharge clouds waters at Hawaii harbor
Posted on March 2, 2012

March 2, 2012 – HAWAII - A mysterious cloudy substance is emptying into Kewalo Basin (Honolulu) from a storm drain at an alarming rate. The mystery plume started pouring into Kewalo Basin before sunrise. “It was like 5:30 in the morning and I was standing here and then all of a sudden it came all at one time,” said Robert St. Romain of Sashimi Fishing Tours. At first light he and other boat owners were stunned by the free flowing plume that turned the water white. “Just was coming out here like crazy just like you see it right now and it muddied the whole harbor in a matter of five minutes. The whole harbor was just glazed over usually you can see down,” said a boater. And it kept coming hundreds of gallons of milky brown fluid every minute. “That storm drain is capable of close to a million gallons a day of water coming through,” said Kewalo Basin Harbor Master Charles Barclay. He said he’s never seen anything like this.
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join