It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

187/188 DAYS ? ---- WOW----Strong 7.9/8m long earthquake shakes Mexico City

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
reply to post by milkyway12

This from the Tucson Citizen
tucsoncitizen.com...

I'll have to go find maps to see how far the City is from this areas.

An earthquake measuring 7.4 struck today in southern Mexico, about 110 miles from Acapulco, the U.S. Geological Survey reports.

Update at 5:01 p.m. ET: The governor of Oaxaca has released a statement saying that about 500 homes in the state have collapsed, though there are no reports of deaths, BBC radio just reported.

Update at 4:56 p.m. ET: AP says more than 60 homes were damaged near the epicenter in Ometepec, in southern Guerrero state, but there were no reports of death or serious injury. At least one building in Mexico City appeared to be near collapsing.

Update at 4:25 p.m. ET: In its revision, the USGS says the earth ruptured 12.4 miles deep, double its initial estimate.

there's the original post & source.

Ironically, although it's nowhere near the same scale- when I search ATS for this post, I got this first..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still seems funny to me..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, everyone knew because of the planet alignments and the beginning of spring that the chances of a bigger quake increased. There's also an increase of quakes over by Australia but that happens frequently. There will probably be another bigger quake somewhere, I don't think this is done yet. It's good that there wasn't a big solar flare to add energy to it. Surprising how the little effect of the planets getting aligned can have such of an effect on earth. I wonder if this solar influence is more severe with our weakened magnetic field.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

You should have seen me scrambling to change it. You'd have been on the floor. Knocked over a bottle of water.
Took my shirt off to save my puder from a full cardiac arrest. Havoc absolute havoc.

edit on 20-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

hahahahhaha I'm sure you shook more than Mexico did

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
NOTE

I've just opened a thread which I want to use for the sole purpose of reporting quakes from now, until the 22nd. We need to be specific, if we really want to try to nail this theory this time around, instead of waiting until september.

New Thread

Good. Cause from now on this thread is known as the "Grumpy Thread"
"

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I posted in that thread to see if anyone could come in and help us out, hopefully someone does

Thank you for the info!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SahaniWaya

NOTE

I've just opened a thread which I want to use for the sole purpose of reporting quakes from now, until the 22nd. We need to be specific, if we really want to try to nail this theory this time around, instead of waiting until september.

New Thread

Good. Cause from now on this thread is known as the "Grumpy Thread"
"

ROFLMAO that was hilarious!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Seeing as how on average there are over 1450 earthquakes annually with a magnitude of 5 and up, predicting an earthquake on any given date has a pretty good chance of coming true....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq1

Seeing as how on average there are over 1450 earthquakes annually with a magnitude of 5 and up, predicting an earthquake on any given date has a pretty good chance of coming true....

Please read the thread, and responses to the other 15+ people who've said the same thing..

no disrespect..
edit on 20-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq1

Please read the thread, and responses to the other 15+ people who've said the same thing..

no disrespect..
edit on 20-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

Exactly. Do that and realise how much more sense your argument makes.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

Finally got everything back to normal. I had the wife in here with the vacuum. You would've thought I felt the quake here no doubt. I think I need a nap.

Note to self and all members: keep bottled water capped except when drinking from bottle. check

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is the first time I've posted on the website, I'm currently a MS student in Machine learning and Computational Intelligence and I was interested in the earthquake prediction theories.

Firstly my data source was from www.ngdc.noaa.gov... , secondly the data mining utility I use is called weka you can get it from here: www.cs.waikato.ac.nz... . The following data I'm going to post was only used with this data and I have only performed a cursory glance at the database.

What is very interesting is when you perform linear regression on this data set you get the following results

EQ_MAG_MS =

0.0003 * YEAR +
0.0036 * MONTH +
-0.0014 * DAY +

With a accuracy of 99.63% with the training data set

Showing that magnitude and year are both positively correlated with magnitude and days are negatively correlated of course this is a simple least median squares method lets do a more complex method.

With a Gaussian radial bias kernel function (taking n dimension spaces and trying to fit a regression line to it)
SMOreg

+ 0.1675 * (normalized) YEAR
+ 0.0165 * (normalized) MONTH
- 0.1068 * (normalized) DAY
+ 0.7472

With an accuacy of 99.64% with the training set

Now there could be errors such as data mining leakage but this is pretty telling that on this data set, earthquake magnitude goes up with the number of years.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HamSession

Excellent post Ham. Tons of great new members not noobies. That's a bad word around here. Get you a sentence of good feelings and beer. That's what it got me anyway.

Anyway enough of my nonsense I'll post again after sundown.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Well if the annual average holds true then 2012 will see one earthquake above 7.9 in addition to 13 more between 7 and 7.9

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

How can you call it bogus considering the 188th day has yet to come around?

For anyone disagreeing with the above poster you are wrong. He isn't saying this 188 day thing is untrue.

I agree with him, 188 has not happened yet. How do you know the big quake isn't tomorrow?? He doesn't want to rush in and say this 7.4 is related just yet.

I would venture to say it isn't strong enough to count.

I would wait till the experimental window is over to check the results... it's only logical...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I can't believe no one is talking about this - being that its ATS and all.

If we assume the 188 day theory holds water, then let me get this straight:

1) A scheduled earthquake

2) hits a 10 mile region on our enormous planet

3) which just happens to be where Barack Obama's daughter is in Mexico with her 'classmates'

We didn't even know she was there until stories/pictures started leaking out last night and this morning. They tried to cover it up frantically and then this happened.

If you were an elite thing-a-ma-jib trying to send a message to Obama about who is really in charge how might you go about it?

4) Its what they did on the TV series "The Event". Used Earthquakes to harass the POTUS for compliance.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq1

Correct...but now we can even pick a date range for the one above 7.9.

When in modern history have we been able to do this....especially us non-experts?
edit on 20-3-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I personally think we may see the New Madrid go active. We have a front that saturating the ground as we speak ... I wonder if liquefaction can happen during an EQ if it happens after a heavy rain

Also I hear Harp is scheduled to go active very soon.

The 188 day cycle is fairly interesting even though it seems to be plus or minus a few days. Nature work on its own time.

We shall see.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
LOL the 188 believers are clutching at straws.
Camus154 tore the story up,

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I can't believe no one is talking about this - being that its ATS and all.

If we assume the 188 day theory holds water, then let me get this straight:

1) A scheduled earthquake

2) hits a 10 mile region on our enormous planet

3) which just happens to be where Barack Obama's daughter is in Mexico with her 'classmates'

We didn't even know she was there until stories/pictures started leaking out last night and this morning. They tried to cover it up frantically and then this happened.

If you were an elite thing-a-ma-jib trying to send a message to Obama about who is really in charge how might you go about it?

4) Its what they did on the TV series "The Event". Used Earthquakes to harass the POTUS for compliance.

Okay first off thats absolutely ridiculous. Why would the "elite" make earth-quakes to harass a president thats
doing everything their saying? He was paid off a long time ago, he's a professional presidential puppet.

Also, none of these quakes had any casualties. People are just paying more attention to these things
and posting lies on ATS about "feeling" the quake when if their true location was shown, they'd live in
another country...

SAD. Everyone wants there to be a "end of the world disaster" or a "WW3" for some reason. Their willing to sensationalize every little bird death, earthquake and made up axis shift date until December gets here and they go running to caves hiding in shame.

And also with a quick edit : Earthquakes happen ALL the time. I've said this on other prediction threads COUNTLESS times. Like I said earlier, you pay attention to something thats already there, threads like
this happen.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join