It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists because .....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The title of your thread states "God exists because..." Yet you offer no proof or sources. In your follow up posts you still refrain from offering any proof of your initial statement. If you are trying to recruit converts, your word is not enough. Neither is the "fabulous book of fairy tales" which can be proven to have been compiled from earlier sources. Please state your proofs, so that they can be analyzed by others. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

We are born because humans as a species exists.
Then everything is born and the question is from what ,from chaos?

Then everything is chaos.

Very interesting theory this one.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

This "difficulty before us" may be the definition of God,some speak the truth without knowing what they are doing.
No, it is the physical universe which though it provides us a place to live, is also of a makeup which can cause our death. It is a balance between life and death, where the very thing which will cause our death is what we need to have a life, as in a life of accomplishment, in actually doing physical things.
God creates a tilt towards a favorable direction for us, in this fine balance, in this universe that could not have been made to be any different than it is, and still serve the needs for our desire to make it in the first place.
God is what is impervious itself, to the dangers presented by the physical world, and can be there for us when our need arises. Our continued existence as the individual person we are is dependent on the intervention of God to guide our spirits to the next life, intact, as who we were before.
edit on 20-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

first of all i always hate it when people call god 'he'!

Father has planted His seed on this earth. You are it.

Hate does not Align with the Holy Spirit which is what you are here to accomplish.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Its because we have instinct to stay alive and we don't know what is there for us afterwards,if there is anything at all,so we fear it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by anarky1965

The title of your thread states "God exists because..." Yet you offer no proof or sources.
My bad....I thought that by looking in a mirror or at the sky or all around you.....but I was wrong and sources ....well, as much as we want to see.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Then everything is born and the question is from what ,from chaos?

That would be the Babylonian view, where the creator was confronted by something that had to be subdued, while I take the position that chaos itself was also a creation but to only be a temporary thing to be used as a tool and to eventually die away, but from out point of view, it would look as if this process will take eternity to cease to exist.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

Its because we have instinct to stay alive and we don't know what is there for us afterwards,if there is anything at all,so we fear it.
I have a feeling that there are good things but that may depend of our works here on Earth.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by benedict9

father? not mine! last time i checked,you need a mother in there as well to make life.
and by the way happy spring,the goddess Persephone has come back from Hades!!!
don't go on about the 'virgin Mary' stuff either,i dont buy in to that

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

That would be the Babylonian view, where the creator was confronted by something that had to be subdued
And what that could be?

That is something very new to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

If you are trying to recruit converts, your word is not enough. Neither is the "fabulous book of fairy tales" which can be proven to have been compiled from earlier sources.
Sorry to ask,what book and what recruits.Recruits for what?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

father? not mine! last time i checked,you need a mother in there as well to make life.

The Heavenly spiritual realms of which you were borne of Light are in difference to this world. You are thinking in terms of the world in which you are here to overcome to progress 'beyond' this current heavily corrupted paradigm.

and by the way happy spring,the goddess Persephone has come back from Hades!!!

I care not for the many lower 'gods' that come to snare souls nor proclaimed 'goddesses' that have feigned Divinity to do so. There are many traps and only the Kingdom can Lead you out of their influence. Alignment to the Holy Will is the path of the True seeker.
edit on 20-3-2012 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

My mirror reflects an image of myself. It does not offer proof of a divine omnipotent creator anymore than it offers a glimpse of evolution or anything else. The same logic applies to what I see in the world around me. I am not attempting to argue or alter your belief. I only wish to understand your way of thinking.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

My mirror reflects an image of myself
That is so true,as the mirror of our mind reflect the image of our thoughts but we don't have the power to see with the eyes of our soul.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by benedict9

We are in the image of the Creator containing the essence of spiritual Light, although there is a great deception that we are 'god' or can attain such a status in this bound flesh. The flesh is contained and limited for a Divine Purpose in our overcoming this world in Graceful alignment for 'progression'/spiritual evolution. Not all however can 'ascend' to that graduated 'level', though the True teachings of the Christ showed the Way, Truth and Life to the Mansions of the Kingdom. That is Key, though there are many traps in the midst of worldly opposition forces.
I would think of the entire universe as the product of the universal mind which brought about the universe and is now incorporated into that universe which was created, including us, and God, where we are all an image of what that thought had as its goal to being, where the creator is in all of us, including God, and including humanity as a whole, and on another level, as individuals. We exist in the universe to have lives and fulfillment as entities who will inhabit the universe, and there are struggles that come with living in a universe, things we need to learn to deal with and to overcome, as all being the parts of that whole who existed before the universe as we know it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

And what that could be?

Babylonian creation mythology, which is the story of the battle with the Chaos Dragon.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

You have yet to prove that God exists to me yet. Are you more able to prove the existence of the "soul"?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by anarky1965

You have yet to prove that God exists to me yet. Are you more able to prove the existence of the "soul"?
Even if God would appear in front of you, you will still not believe in the existence of Him,I guess,in my humble opinion...so on.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
The why do you exist?

I am sure you will give a logical answer.

Why do ants exist? Why do bacteria exist? Why do slugs exist? Why does anything exist? Good questions. We are no different than those other things.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

And what that could be?

Babylonian creation mythology, which is the story of the battle with the Chaos Dragon.
Aha, thank you I think I have to read that .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join