It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God exists because .....

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
The fact that there are myths based on different people's idea of what God is
does not somehow make the existence of God a non-reality.

It makes God a myth, as I have pointed out.
God is nothing more than a myth, unless it is proven otherwise.

It has not been proven in the thousands of years religion has existed, so I will not hold my breath for this one.

The desire to be pleasing to whatever individuals think of as god, is the bases for a lot of past cultures and they did pretty well as long as they held to those beliefs. Christianity, for example sets the standard of what God desires from a person higher than they see themselves ever achieving, and so it precludes people ever being satisfied with their self achievements, and are always striving to be just a little bit better. This sort of attitude is what I think is what is needed to save the world. God is the giver of rewards, and what makes it all worthwhile in the end, giving us the gift of a new life in the wold beyond this life and death scenario we find ourselves currently in.
edit on 31-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

The sort of attitude needed to save the world, is people waking up and realizing that religion is, has been, and always will be a form of control, manipulation, and a means to induce secular humanism.

Keep in mind, there's other religions other than yours. For example, in the Quran, Jihad is allowed under Islamic law. They are allowed to wage war against dissenters of Islam, and think they will be rewarded for it. Hence suicide bombers. Is this okay to do in your religion? Or is only your religion the 'right' one?

All religion does is separate people. What's right for one religion, is wrong for another.
People should stop buying into all the "God wants me to" BS, and start living for humanity.

Religion has always been a disease. It has caused more deaths, wars, and other horrible unjustifiable acts throughout history than anything else. As long as religion is in the picture, humanity will take one step back for every two steps forward it takes. Religion is disgusting, no matter how great you think your intentions are.
edit on 3-31-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

It makes God a myth, as I have pointed out.

I probably missed that, whatever it is.
I admit there is mythology involved, including in Christianity. Some hyperbole that people eventually forgot was not supposed to be taken literally. Scaling back the god concept is in order, but there is still a core reality, even once you strip off the excessive dressing placed around God.

God is nothing more than a myth, unless it is proven otherwise.
It has been proven to me, even though I did not ask for proof, but just the things I needed to keep being alive. I never had any doubts because God has been with me as long as I have been around. For example, I had someone aim a gun at my head and fire it at point blank and he didn't pull the trigger a second time, probably in a slight state of shock. But I realize people don't have that happen, and do get shot every day. I don't have an explanation other than it is up to God whether He chooses to intervene. The fact that it may not seem fair does not explain it away that strange things happen. I have a long list of times God intervened, to where as far as I can tell, God came and personally talked to me and took a hold of me, if that was what I needed at that time. In other cases, God came to people in visions to get them to either help me, or to not try to harm me. As strange as this might seem, the reality is even stranger than is easy to describe.

The sort of attitude needed to save the world, is people waking up and realizing that religion is, has been, and always will be a form of control, manipulation, and a means to induce secular humanism.
Of course but people are hard wired to believe in God, so you have to have a good religion to take the place of the old, bad religion.

Keep in mind, there's other religions other than yours. For example, in the Quran, Jihad is allowed under Islamic law. They are allowed to wage war against dissenters of Islam, and think they will be rewarded for it. Hence suicide bombers. Is this okay to do in your religion? Or is only your religion the 'right' one?
Hmm. That may be a problem, and people need to be held responsible for the harm they do, and not allowed to hide behind religion as protection from justice.

All religion does is separate people. What's right for one religion, is wrong for another.
People should stop buying into all the "God wants me to" BS, and start living for humanity.
Religion should unite people in a sort of way to where we see ourselves as being regarded by God as being on the same level, and that no one is exempt from doing what is right. I think it is natural to think of someone who cares how you behave, and it could be pictured as your dead ancestors, or your future descendants, and in the absence of those things, to think of how we are all made in the image of God and so all have an intrinsic value as human beings.

Religion has always been a disease. It has caused more deaths, wars, and other horrible unjustifiable acts throughout history than anything else. As long as religion is in the picture, humanity will take one step back for every two steps forward it takes. Religion is disgusting, no matter how great you think your intentions are.
An unaccountable elite is always destructive and attracts sociopaths to those positions, so there should never be religions designed as hierarchical institutions.

edit on 1-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by sting130u

As for upsetting me, you wish you upset me I can see this. Truth is, you didn't.

I wish? Keep in mind, you responded to my post with ad hominem insults!
One does not call someone a 'moron' unless they are upset

Why would I waste the energy on you? You have wasted enough time on me, and seem to only attack my posts.

I don't know, why are you? It seems you like to ridicule others for pointing out facts.
And once again, you chose to respond to my post. As a bully, you can not also be the victim.

You don't want to believe in God, fine. I can't change your mind, no one can. It is up to you to look at the evidence. And all you have is "God is a myth". Which contributed nothing to the thread, just someone putting in their two cents in four short words.

There is absolutely no evidence, and God is a myth, as I proved with definitions. It is not my problem if you choose to remain ignorant to the definition of words.

My evidence of God looks at me every day, hugs me, kisses me, calls me daddy, and depends on me just as I depend on God to provide for me. Has God provided for me? Absolutely. The evidence of God is in all creation, in every life form, in every star, planet, water drop, etc. Your choice to be blind to all the good in the world is your choice alone. The evidence of God mounts up against the lack of evidence. In fact, without God, everything would be dark, null, and void. You can thank Him for your chance to ridicule strangers on the internet, because without Him life would cease to exist.

So because life exists, God must exist. Because you have a kid, God exists.
Sorry, but that's some really lousy 'evidence,' because it has not proved a single thing.

God is still a myth.

When I hear of hate, war, murder, adultery, corruption, stealing, pedophilia, rape, and so much more, I can come home from all that and see my beautiful family and all the good that happens around the world amidst the chaos and evil and I just know that God exists, because without God, the evil would completely take over. When its good vs evil, the good will prevail with God's intervention, because good people do not want to do bad, but bad people do NOT care!! Notice the world isn't blown up, destroyed, or completely unlivable. This takes divine intervention from a higher being, because if it was up to the leaders of the world we would be imprisoned and used as cattle.

More religious blabber proving absolutely nothing.

Your choice, the winning side or the losing side. Looks like you made your choice, and in your poorly made decision you decide to put on the table "God is a myth" to sway others. I have been more than positive in everything I have said. I have been constructive, while you sir, have been destructive. Good luck in your future endeavors..

You're right, insulting others and calling them a moron for pointing out your obvious misuse of a word and failure to understand definitions is destructive.

Asking for proof of assertive claims which you so militantly defend, by once again, ad hominem insults, must be destructive as well.

I choose not to believe in fairy tales.

edit on 3-31-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

No, I called you a moron not out of being upset, but because you are being moronic.

I never insulted you, your being a moron. Sometimes I am a moron. And your definition of myth is so BROAD that it applies to many things over.

I don't have to prove jack squat to you. Who are you? Your no one to me. Just another lost pathetic soul who trolls ATS boards looking for a fight. In my opinion, this kinda makes you a loser. Just my opinion, anyways.

I never insulted, I was being honest. I understood the term "myth", and I understood how you used it. You are the one that misunderstood how I used it. Maybe I worded it wrong, here, lets try again, since you seem to be soooo hung up about it.

"In the future, to future generations, you will be a myth as well. The only basis of your existence will be stories of what others will tell of you. Or of your ATS posts, whichever comes first."

You seem to be angry at God about something. Whatever it is, its not His fault. It's your own fault for being such a negative person, you have embodied yourself into this negative dark world. Good luck releasing yourself from that.

ETA: Stop laughing at your own comments and giving yourself thumbs up. This really makes you look all the more of a jackass.
edit on 1-4-2012 by sting130u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

No, I called you a moron not out of being upset, but because you are being moronic.

How? For pointing out that you misused a word?
I am not 'imaginary' if I am here conversing. That should be scarily obvious, and if it's not, like I said before, you have bigger problems to worry about.

I never insulted you, your being a moron.

Well there you go again, more ad hominem insults. Didn't you learn the first time??

Sometimes I am a moron. And your definition of myth is so BROAD that it applies to many things over.

Right, just like it applies to God, which is what we are talking about here. Please do not change the subject.

I don't have to prove jack squat to you.

Then God remains a myth. Simple, really.

Who are you? Your no one to me. Just another lost pathetic soul who trolls ATS boards looking for a fight. In my opinion, this kinda makes you a loser. Just my opinion, anyways.

Well, what it seems you are doing here is trolling. All I said was god is a myth, which he is. You reply by insulting me, I ask for proof, and then you call me a loser? How mature of you.

Matthew 7:12
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

1 John 2:6

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

It seems like you have some learning to do if you aspire to be a man of God.
So far, it seems you are only a lost, confused person searching for a meaning in their life. A myth is not needed to satisfy your existence. You already know this though, because you seem very unhappy with yourself, so you choose to take it out on others over the internet by insulting them, and then claiming you are a man of God. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

I never insulted, I was being honest. I understood the term "myth", and I understood how you used it. You are the one that misunderstood how I used it. Maybe I worded it wrong, here, lets try again, since you seem to be soooo hung up about it.

"In the future, to future generations, you will be a myth as well. The only basis of your existence will be stories of what others will tell of you. Or of your ATS posts, whichever comes first."

That's cool, that has nothing to do with God though, once again.

You seem to be angry at God about something. Whatever it is, its not His fault. It's your own fault for being such a negative person, you have embodied yourself into this negative dark world. Good luck releasing yourself from that.

I am not mad at 'god' because God is a myth. God is Santa Claus. "Better be good or you'll get a lump of coal!"

It's a fairy tale for adults who wish to invent an authority figure because they are too scared to grow up and realize they are on their own. It seems there's a touch of misogyny in there as well! God is a "He?" "Him?" Why? Can you prove that to me at least?

Another misconception is that people who do not believe in the Mythical God, live in a "negative dark world." Couldn't be farther from the truth. I live in reality.
This just further proves the longing for something greater than yourself to be real, so you are able to accept the reality you live in.

It's a shame, really.

ETA: Stop laughing at your own comments and giving yourself thumbs up. This really makes you look all the more of a jackass.
edit on 1-4-2012 by sting130u because: (no reason given)

The laughs and thumbs are directed towards you. Hence, them being in the reply to you.
Are you mad at that too?

edit on 4-1-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Everyone shouldn't feel too bad about what Paradox says.

I asked someone once proof for what they were saying, and he called me a silly theist for wanting asking it, because only silly theists ask for proof

This is one reason among others.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-12 by paradox because: revoked, disregard

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
[SNIP]

How exactly is he a troll? I have not seen him do anything besides ask for proof of others claims, and provide definitions to clearly misused words.

You're the last one to be talking. I have seen you troll numerous religious threads under the guise of "agnostic", though you are clearly theist, quoting the bible in your thread titled "I'm going to stop Armageddon"

You claim to be agnostic so you can only question atheists without having to deal with the burden of proving the claim that God exists, because you know you can't, and you would just sound stupid. You can not disprove the existence of god, because god is mythical and has never existed. You have not provided anything to this thread besides coming in and attacking a member for asking for proof to claims. This site is about denying ignorance. If you can't manage that, then you're clearly in the wrong place and belong on a Christian board where you can all pat each other on the back and tell each other how awesome they are and how cool god is. Your one line insults, clearly disregarding the Terms and Conditions of this website that you agreed to upon signing up, shows what your true intentions are. That is called trolling, my friend, which makes you a troll. Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is!!!

Now, if you would really like to shock me, ask sting up there for proof that god exists.
Oh wait, you won't, because he is a fellow theist!

Now, as for the topic at hand, it appears the OP has been banned. Probably for his numerous threads purely based on opinion and providing no facts what so ever. With that, I would just like to say that the OP is absolutely not proof of anything. It's actually not even close to proof. In fact, it fails to resemble proof in any way, that I'm not even sure what to call it besides bs. If anyone here has REAL PROOF, I, and many others would surely love to see it.

Otherwise, as paradox stated, god remains a myth, and no amount of blind faith in the world will change that fact.
edit on 4-1-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: Snipped quoted post

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n

How exactly is he a troll? I have not seen him do anything besides ask for proof of others claims, and provide definitions to clearly misused words.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One second he's for an intellectual debate, the next moment, he knocks you for asking for proof.

I wasn't even talking to him, but he decided to interject anyways. And what was his response?

"Stupid theists asking for proof, typical."

This is a trolling response. Of course, it's fine if you are an atheist and you ask proof that a theist's God exists, that's perfectly fine.

The logic is one sides and biased. He is for better discourse, except when it hurts his beliefs, because he holds his atheism above discourse.

You're the last one to be talking. I have seen you troll numerous religious threads under the guise of "agnostic", though you are clearly theist, quoting the bible in your thread titled "I'm going to stop Armageddon"

Proof of anything your saying? If not then you're a troll too.

You claim to be agnostic so you can only question atheists without having to deal with the burden of proving the claim that God exists,

I claim to be agnostic because I don't know anything about the existence of any God.

because you know you can't, and you would just sound stupid.

You know you can't, and you would just sound stupid.

You can not disprove the existence of god, because god is mythical and has never existed.

You can not prove the existence of god, because there is a lack of evidence to consider.

You have not provided anything to this thread besides coming in and attacking a member for asking for proof to claims.

I'm attacking the claim to knowledge, thank you.

I'll attack yours if you claim you are withholding some information that puts the nail in the coffin regarding the existence of God. Why? Not because I'm mean, but because I'd love to hear what you'd have to say.

This site is about denying ignorance.

That's right, and people are creating it, and I'm here to point that out.

If you can't manage that, then you're clearly in the wrong place and belong on a Christian board where you can all pat each other on the back and tell each other how awesome they are and how cool god is.

You don't know anything about my beliefs.

Just save it.

Your one line insults, clearly disregarding the Terms and Conditions of this website that you agreed to upon signing up, shows what your true intentions are. That is called trolling, my friend, which makes you a troll. Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is!!!

Report me then. Go ahead.

Now, if you would really like to shock me, ask sting up there for proof that god exists.
Oh wait, you won't, because he is a fellow theist!

Why don't you shock me and tell Paradox that atheism is a belief

I know you won't because WEAK atheists are silly like that.

Now, as for the topic at hand, it appears the OP has been banned. Probably for his numerous threads purely based on opinion and providing no facts what so ever. With that, I would just like to say that the OP is absolutely not proof of anything. It's actually not even close to proof. In fact, it fails to resemble proof in any way, that I'm not even sure what to call it besides bs. If anyone here has REAL PROOF, I, and many others would surely love to see it.

But of course, you'll side with Paradox when he mocks me for asking someone else for their proof for their supposide knowledge. Typical one-sided logic.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Wow, your still at it? Do you not have a job? I do, by the good grace of God. And again, you are a myth, or at least will be when all that is left of you is documents, such as the scriptures of God. Goodbye, paradox. I wish you the best in life.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Wow, your still at it? Do you not have a job?

So because I reply to a response from you (which, once again, you started) I have no job?? Can't you just have faith that I do?!
Theist logic at work

I do, by the good grace of God.

Congrats bro!! But I'm afraid 'God' has nothing to do with your employment

And again, you are a myth, or at least will be when all that is left of you is documents, such as the scriptures of God.

And again, I am not, and you still continue to misuse the word. There has never been proof of god's existence, and there is no such thing as "the scriptures of God," what are you talking about?

Goodbye, paradox. I wish you the best in life.

edit on 4-2-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
..i just awake up and this post is on my screen... did U talk about the god guys? which one??? =)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
..i just awake up and this post is on my screen... did U talk about the god guys? which one??? =)

We've searched for the ever elusive god of legend, but haven't been able to find any evidence to prove that he was ever here. Even bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster have more scientific evidence proving their reality.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Seeya-bye OP, can't say I'll miss you. I wonder if the moderators of this site are finally trying to drag it's membership demographic back to what it once was?

After all this religious BS, I hope so.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

We'are all one with GOD.

Just that our mind fool us until dealth.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vnmusic

We'are all one with GOD.

Wow, that's pretty cool that you know that for a fact!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

We'are all one with GOD.

Welcome to the 21st century.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by XxForgottenLegendxX

Sorry but I don't understand when you meant in your post.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxForgottenLegendxX

Originally posted by Garfee

We'are all one with GOD.

Welcome to the 21st century.

YES! I know that for a fact.

GOD is you, I , all beings.

How did past spiritual masters (like Jesus, Buddha) became ONE with GOD?

answer: the right meditation technique
called "Contemplate on Light and Sound".

If you or others wish to become ONE with GOD. Just seek to
learn this technique from a LIVING spiritual master. As simple as that.

edit on 7-4-2012 by vnmusic because: mispell

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join