It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the American Spring

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Welcome to the American Spring

www.huffingtonpost.com

This week, the American Spring began. You may not have heard much about it yet, because the media seem mostly to have missed it (much as they missed the original occupation of Wall Street at first). But the seeds of the occupation have started to flower into a movement reborn.

Last night, the cracks in the surface began to show. Hundreds of mostly young people came together for a few brief, beautiful hours to celebrate the six-month anniversary of the occupation of Wall Street. On St. Patrick's Day, a night usually associated with mischief and drunken debauchery, we met in a public park to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am not in the USA but thought this was an interesting article, searched and could not find it had been posted.

to connect with each other and reestablish the bonds that hold our community together. It was a celebration of what's best in America -- civic community, freedom of association, self-expression -- and an indication that the American Spring will be as big as last fall.

But, last night I also saw the worst of America. The movement to restore democracy may find a willing public, but it will be violently opposed by Wall Street and their cronies in elected office.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Unfortunately i think it is the way of things, in the UK one cannot protest in a group without informing the authorities of your intentions these days. Seems they wont be letting anyone protest overseas either

edit on 19-3-2012 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Mar 19 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The first twenty seven seconds of this clip shows how entertaining this spring in the u.s. is going to be.

Come on mr policeman officer really? I hope he feels as silly as he looked.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wonder if they'll protest at the CEO's and Banker's houses, or if they'll be protesting people at Walmart distribution centers making $12/hr.? Seems they could make more of an impact if they actually disrupted the people they're pissed at, rather than making the day miserable for people just trying to earn a paycheck for their families.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

I'll be down at Wall St supporting OWS this Spring. I expect many fireworks.

I gotta tell ya, the Spring has come early this year because right now it's tee shirt weather in NY, which it normally isn't. The ladies may need to wear a sweatshirt because they are always cold

edit on 19-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Its my opinion the baby boomer generation have lead us to this place, there fear and welcoming of a police state will not be tolerated by the younger generations.

Go kids!!! fix what your parents have broken!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

the cold war lasted a long time and affected the boomer generation who mainly had first hand accounts of world war from their parents. We can forgive them their fears, we must undo the creeping control of the state they allowed in the name of 'freedom'.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It doesn't look like they are just going to go away, looks like 2012 is going to be interesting as well.

I wonder what will be the "shot heard around the world" so to speak?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

the more pieceful Occupy is the more people will support them,
the more the police are violent the more people will support the ocupiers,
the more people film the protests the more people will see the truth,
the more the MSM attempts to lie to the public, the more people will look for themselves,
the more people who enter into politics as delagates and energized voters,
the more they realise they are the majority.

pieceful non violent lawful protest and freedom of assembly is an unalieable right in a democracy
the more people do it the more legal it becomes.

the pieceful spring awkening is on and so many more are are awere this time around

occupy everthing thats broken and dont stop till its fixed

god bless america
god bless the peoples of the world

god bless occupiers

be the change you seek
xploder
edit on 19-3-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
pieceful non violent lawful protest and freedom of assembly is an unalieable right in a democracy
the more people do it the more legal it becomes.

Pfftt THAT was in the good ole days...

"Your First Amendment rights can be terminated if you're creating a scene or whatever," the officer said. When asked how they were creating a scene, the officer said, "Your presence is creating a scene."

Police Handcuff NBC Chicago Photojournalist
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'll definitely be more proactive this time around, even though by the sounds of it the police are doing everything possible to quell the protest before it starts. This is direct evidence of a fascist state, where non-violent protests are met with violent force. The MSM can no longer paint this movement with whatever brush they want to paint it with. Soon to be thousands of witnesses and video proof will tell a different story.

The truth of the matter is that massive change needs to happen and issues need to be addressed. People are waking up to the fact that we are living in a plutocracy and the only voting that counts are ones made with $$$ attached to it.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
OWS was NOT, I repeat NOT a spontaneous eruption of dissatisfaction with the status quo by a fed up populace.
It WAS an orchestrated series of protests planned well in advance by no less than Andy Stern, and financially backed by the evil emporer himself, George Soros
If any of you are not aware of these FACTS, then do some research for yourselves.
What you will find is that this entire movement is being driven from the top down. It is a blantant attempt to hijack the US constitition, much in the same way that the Russian Revolution was hijacked by the Bolshiveks. Vladimir Lenin was transported accross war torn Europe in a sealed railcar to assume command of the coup.

The ##SNIPPED## is no less an enemy of humanity than was Lenin.

The US is about to collectively receive the bill for its ignorance.

Although I consider myself an agnostic, when I think of what has been perpetuated on us, I pray to God.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. The day of judgement is upon us.

edit on Tue Mar 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tankerpilot

People say that a lot, but I have yet to see anyone conclusively prove that is the case.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Drama in. Drama out.

That's all this is. No one is actually doing anything. These children know nothing about constructing a functional system, and simply think that they can demonstrate imagery into reality.

Protests are not constructive endeavors. They are functionally limited to being disruptive and/or destructive. Thus, these protests and demonstrations will never inherently create anything.

The 'best' way for them to demonstrate their revolution is to simply do what it is they envision being done. It's difficult to tell what they really want done (taking into consideration OWS was filled with everything from pinkos to anarchists) - but you get people together with the experience, will, and resources to contribute.

It's called leadership. Something almost completely alien to modern society. The child says "I want," "I should," "I could;" - but it is the act of doing and accomplishing that expresses maturity.

If OWS is full of as many diversified people with the same inherent goals in mind as many that are part of it seem to think - then they should have little problem building a whole city based on volunteer work and the promise of living and working within that city.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yaaawwwwnnnn.....
More useful idiots bringing about their own slavery via the Cult of Perpetual Victimhood and Pathetic Dependency.
Terrified of a real job, hard work, personal responsibility, and self reliance.
The sole result of their mass hissy fit will be elite justification to erase civil liberties. When the authorities get the okay from the large majority of Americans to sweep these clowns off the street, possibly with a whiff of grapeshot, these easily manipulated pseudo-freedom fighter will be terrified sheep.
Once again, they'll need real Americans to fix and pay for the mess they created. Spoiled, entitled weaklings all.
ATS needs a resigned, headshaking emoticon.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tankerpilot

Debunked oh so long ago.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankerpilot
OWS was NOT, I repeat NOT a spontaneous eruption of dissatisfaction with the status quo by a fed up populace.
It WAS an orchestrated series of protests planned well in advance by no less than Andy Stern, and financially backed by the evil emporer himself, George Soros

Give and take, I doubt Soros STARTED the whole deal, he just saw a way to make money out of it...if this story is actually real that is.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankerpilot
If any of you are not aware of these FACTS, then do some research for yourselves.
What you will find is that this entire movement is being driven from the top down. It is a blantant attempt to hijack the US constitition, much in the same way that the Russian Revolution was hijacked by the Bolshiveks. Vladimir Lenin was transported accross war torn Europe in a sealed railcar to assume command of the coup.

The Obummbler is no less an enemy of humanity than was Lenin.

The US is about to collectively receive the bill for its ignorance.

Although I consider myself an agnostic, when I think of what has been perpetuated on us, I pray to God.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. The day of judgement is upon us.

Yeah, debunked long ago. And even if he was funding it, does it really matter? the organizers for all OWS protests are random people who took it upon themselves to do so. I know the ones at my local occupy, good guys, interested in changing the status quo. Its really easy to manipulate people when you control the news, If it were not random, then OWS would have had a video like Kony 2012 (which is backed by soros), which gained far more supporters far quicker than OWS did at first. We'll see.

Makes you wonder. Kony 2012 possible diversion from local protest in the states? Never know.
edit on 19/3/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
One linbers of disagreement do not make your case. Once again, use a little initiative and do some research on your own. I have yet to see when or where it was "debunked", not quite sure what your are claiming was debunked so long ago.
Kali, if you are claiming Soros' support was debunked, I ask by whom? Media Matters? Take a good look at where media matters gets its funding.
RSF, say what?
User, that's where research comes in. Look at Soros's admitted history, he took pleasure in confiscating peoples money and belongings and sending them off to concentration camps.

It was here on ATS that warning first came about Stern's plans. Once again (I know I sound like a broken record) do your research, I am NOT trying to convert anyone, simply open your minds and reject what you have been told to believe. Where does Sterns get his $$$.

I KNOW Soros. (One) of his houses is about a half a mile from mine in Sun Valley Idaho. He has been so abusive of his servants, he cannot get anyone local to come clean his house. He cannot get any property management company to oversee his home. He has to import all his servants because he has so offended the locals. Unlike the rest of Idaho, SV is a bastion of liberalism and Obummbler cheerleaders. The disparity between the locals and the second homeowners is immense. The fact thatno one wants to work with him is quite telling about the man's character.

What about the girlfriend. Does anyone think it appropriate an old gezer like him date a woman 50 years his junior. Nothing less than lecherous at least!! The world will be a safer more secure place once that evil man is dead.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I ask DEBUNKED BY WHOM? SHOW ME WHERE!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join