It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Obama voters of 2008 will be voting Obama again in 12?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You're right, I didn't see him campaigning about stripping away our constitutional rights further than Bush. I didn't see him promising more transparency nor did I see him campaigning for "change."

All I got was Bush 2.0, if anyone truly believe this presidency was a "success" then there truly is no hope for this country.

Specifics would be nice.

What has he done that is 100% against what he campaigned for?

Well i remember reading this thread and many more like them regarding his broken promises. Does anyone remember that crap about Hope and change we can believe it slogan? It was a load of # and many obama supporters have realized this.

Then there's this making a list of some of his broken promises.

But lets all try to understand he is one puppet. He is not making decisions based off of his personal goals but the interests of others. Then realize that there is still the senate and congress which also appear to be divided yet have their interests wherever the money comes from.

This is another reason why i don't vote.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So, why did you vote for him in 2008?

Are you serious? I would never have voted for that crap bag.

Oh...sorry, thought you read the thread title.
It said how many Obama voters of 2008 will be voting for Obama again in 2012.
You gave reasons why you wouldn't vote for him...thought you were being on topic...which was weird because you seemed like someone basically parroting Hannity.

If you don't mind, I am going to be going back to the actual topic. Enjoy though..tip your waitress and try the fish.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

Yes, he has "broken promises"...but his kept promises far outweigh the broken or compromised promises.

If someone votes for someone expecting them to do 100% of what they want to accomplish...they are naive or ignorant.

We could go through that list of "broken promises" and find out why they were broken and you would find that a lot of them were broken because of factors outside of his control. Guantanamo for example...Republicans stirred up so much fear about holding the prisoners on US soil, Obama couldn't close Guantanamo. Republicans successfully convinced the American public that Obama must close Guantanamo, but he can't release the prisoners, and he can't move them to prisons on American soil....tell me...what other option is there?

Like I said...I am completely happy with what he has accomplished vs what he hasn't been able to do.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am not an American.

I cannot believe how many of you are not seeing politics for what it really is.

Politics is the illusion of change.
Politics is the illusion of choice.
Politics is the illusion of there not being ruling families.
Politics is the illusion that people really matter.
Politics is really about preventing the changes that the people want.

Good luck with that people. A little bit of circus and flag waving and cheering every 4 years seems to keep even the supposedly most intelligent people happy.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
Well i remember reading this thread and many more like them regarding his broken promises.

Its best not to use ATS threads as your source for political news...sure, you can use it as a lead, but if your using a thread to try and find truth...in politics...on ATS...
Well, its like using a spastic squirrel to teach you about manners.
I love me my ATS..but politics here is satire in its actual clarity.

Then there's this making a list of some of his broken promises.

Which one of these currently bugs you?
Why? and what happened that made it broken? (hint, you can actually click the read more on the promise to get a clear picture).

Will be waiting for your reply.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If I were voting this time around, I would vote obama again.

That said, I refuse to vote in a broken system. I have said it time and time again, in numerous threads: The office of the president is impotent. It wouldnt matter if you voted jesus christ in. He couldnt change anything with the current setup.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
no one will receive my vote this Presidential election for many reasons, but specifically because not a single one of them are worth voting for.

Why not run yourself?
You might be a breath of fresh air?

however, my personal opinion here..your view that people are not entitled to privacy will be your sinking point. Very unnerving view you have developed there in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

your parents have failed you and in return you have failed your parents...and America

Anyone who votes for the republican candidates (except maybe RP) is betraying America. They are openly campaigning for ending our freedoms (important ones like contraception), endless war, greed, selfishness and a class society like the ones the pilgrims came here to escape from.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by muse7
my parents are both voting for Obama

I will be too, and so will my friends and their friends

So sad...your parents have failed you and in return you have failed your parents...and America.

what an arrogant opinion....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
Hey that video didn't mention anything about BP's oil spill

Obama caused the BP Oil Spill?
-googles-

especially when it comes to opposing the bailouts, when in reality there were good reasons to oppose such things.

And loose, all of a sudden, millions of jobs and knock off jobs?
millions of job loss in a single month = good?

Not seeing the math.

Cut the nose off to spite the face is not good politics.

Inflation and an outstanding debt which could lead to our country defaulting is potentially a much larger problem then losing a couple automotive companies and some banks.

I agree in principle...Debt will be crushing.
But, the concept on how the opposition wants to sort things out is insane.
cut spending on services such as (crickets)...and that will in turn allow them to lower taxes drastically.
They will in turn save the economy about 1.5 trillion
actually, thats -1.5 trillion (added to debt with Romney's current "plan" to fix the debt).
Nothing like fixing it and the finished product is even more destroyed than when you started "fixing".

Fix it for a proper chinese takeover I guess...never hear the end of the statement.

I didn't vote for him for such reasons last time and I will write in Ron Paul's name this time. No video narrated by Tom Hanks will change my mind.

He should have used Gordon Freeman.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by muse7
my parents are both voting for Obama

I will be too, and so will my friends and their friends

So sad...your parents have failed you and in return you have failed your parents...and America.

what an arrogant opinion....

Nah...just an American willing to be one.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Rome is burning and our politicos--of all ilk--are the Nero. Fiddle-Dee-Dee...while it all burns down and exhibiting a natural talent for "finger-pointing." NWO just around the corner. After the chaos that is.

Its been burning since Reagen.
I am not much for the talks of karma and such, but, when the CIA negotiated with Iran to hold the hostages until after Reagen won and got into office is the day we tossed any sort of principles out the window.

Karma may be getting to us now..our corruption of the office at the expense of the american people was pretty much made offical there...where the people of the united states can be used as a tool and enemies bartered with in order for a party to claim the "throne"

Perhaps its time we refocus on what we can change...who the American Idol winner is. At least there we can have sweet music in our waning days.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
To ya'll who will be voting for Obama ... don't worry if Mitt Romney gets elected. There isn't a lot of daylight between Romney and Obama. You won't even notice the change over if it happens.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
I think we have a saying that goes something like, stupidity is making a mistake, seeing its consequences, and repeating that mistake over and over again hoping it will have a different outcome.

Replace "stupidity" with "insanity" and your definition would be right, and also very fitting.

Vote for Obama? Where's the positive change he spoke so much about? How many campaign promises did he fulfill? I was a Obama supporter in 2008 and a couples years after, but those times are over.

- He did make good on the military's "don't ask, don't tell policy"
- Gitmo? Still open, right?
- Transparent presidency/administration? Nope, he was rated C- recently.
- End the war in Iraq? He doesn't get credit for that although he'll take credit for it no prob, see: SOFA
- Fast and Furious scandal? Yup
- Signing off on bills such as the NDAA? Yup
- Continued aggression in the Middle East? Yup, (see increased drone strikes under his watch than Bush)
- Solyndra failure? Yeah buddy

I suppose the only good thing his administration has done is killed Bin Laden, which is funny because his non transparent admin refuses to release any proof/details of said killing. Nothing, they give us nothing but their word, and excuse the American citizen if they don't buy everything thing Washington DC is selling
. At the end of the day though, I don't really blame Obama, I blame Washington DC because the obvious status quo continues to keep on truckin, just with a new face. The only man running for President that I think can change that status quo is Ron Paul, who unfortunately won't be running against Obama this November. So Ron Paul will get my vote, not Obama.

On a side note, I can't stand that the MSM focuses on gas prices and blaming on Washington DC. It's wrong and a waste of reporting time.

edit on 17-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Mate
I understand the passion in the subject...not asking you to change your thinking, just rephrase stuff so its not getting you in trouble. Debate is a mental art similar to fencing, not grenade lobbing..careful wording verses random bombs serves better points, and doesn't get ya in trouble with "the man".
-shakes fist at the man-

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
To ya'll who will be voting for Obama ... don't worry if Mitt Romney gets elected. There isn't a lot of daylight between Romney and Obama. You won't even notice the change over if it happens.

Well
If its the same
Then let them have a dance off.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I would have supported Obama back in 2008, if his message had been genuine. Even then, as young as I was, I could tell that he was lying. It might have been my own experience with committing such blatant lying, but I recognized it.

Now, with so many broken promises, so many illegal actions, just what will he campaign on this time around? I would hope that nobody would be duped by another hope/change campaign, as that should be very obviously exhausted. He'll probably just try to use fear-mongering to get everybody afraid of whoever the GOP nominee is, and his policies, as that would work very well against anybody except Paul.

Also, I love how the man's Youtube videos are all censored, i.e. the comments have to be "approved" by whoever it is that monitors the channel. Hopefully this will turn out like his "African Americans for Obama" video and have a crushing number of dislikes

The man claims to be the best man to improve the average citizen's life, and yet he won't let those peoples' voices be heard.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If you are planning to vote for Obama this year knowing what he did with the patriot act and nada then you Are doing this country and it's constitution a major disservice

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join