It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Obama voters of 2008 will be voting Obama again in 12?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just a mild curiosity. Seems the question passed around here a lot is how many Ron Paul voters will go Obama if/when he drops.
I am curious about Obama supporters of 08 and their current mood.

Also, What made you decide the way you did?

Personal view ahead:

Wondered this after watching this video:

For me, the part that I thought was most impressive was also curiously what they gave almost no time to, which was the (intent) consumer protection acts I would argue as a crowning achievement.

Is Obama the best this country can offer? Well, First I have to consider the country and its current political climate, the inability to do anything overly functional, and in conclusion, he is not the lesser of two evils..he is actually a decent president

I could say the gas prices shows a whole bucket of fail, but I am not a idiot, I know a potus doesn't have much influence in those regards..knew that during the Bush years, know it during the Obama years, and down the line, I know whomever sits in office, they are not deciding what OPEC will charge per barrel.

I am wanting some serious effort on solar farms though. Newts base on the moon is a fun thought, but I think instead of doing that, how bout we make a 50 square mile desert solar farm for the money and power most of the west coast for next to nothing.
edit on 17-3-2012 by SaturnFX because: added a thing about stuff

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Interesting. I consider him to be the biggest disaster of a "president" this nation has ever seen. He has even outdone bush when it comes to stripping us of our liberties and trashing the Constitution. How can such a traitor to the foundation of our governmental system be a "decent president" in your mind? Would hitler have been a "decent president" to you? How dictatorial does a "president" have to be, how many of our liberties does he have to take away, how much farther must he shred the Constitution, before you liberals will acknowledge that his election seriously damaged our nation?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think we have a saying that goes something like, stupidity is making a mistake, seeing its consequences, and repeating that mistake over and over again hoping it will have a different outcome.

Now, I'm not calling anybody stupid. But, when you keep voting for the same guy, he royally screws up, and you vote for him again, and repeat this process every 4 or 8 years, I'm afraid it says something about the general public.
edit on 17-3-2012 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I know of at least 5 people that have switched from Obama to Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Interesting. I consider him to be the biggest disaster of a "president" this nation has ever seen. He has even outdone bush when it comes to stripping us of our liberties and trashing the Constitution. How can such a traitor to the foundation of our governmental system be a "decent president" in your mind? Would hitler have been a "decent president" to you? How dictatorial does a "president" have to be, how many of our liberties does he have to take away, how much farther must he shred the Constitution, before you liberals will acknowledge that his election seriously damaged our nation?

So, why did you vote for him in 2008?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Everyone I personally know that voted for Obama in 08, is NOT voting for Obama this year.

I will not go into their current choices, but I think it's a reoccurring theme I've personally seen within my friends and family.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I voted for Obama in 2008 and, quite honestly, I feel betrayed after voting for such a liar and crook.

I will exercise my right to vote by not voting at all, I'm not voting for the "lesser of two evils." I absolutely refuse to support my country when it is ran by high class criminals, who do not abide by the law of the land, yet continually make laws oppressing the people who gave them their jobs.

I won't even mention how the regular / popular vote means absolutely nothing, and how voting is just a way to get the people to waste a whole morning, filling out pieces of paper that never get looked at anyways, while perpetuating the belief that we actually have a "choice."

I'll stop before I go too far off topic.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hate to be the one to break the trend but.
Yes Obama gets my nod this election.
Unlike others on this thread I see more people rejecting the GOP all the time.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I voted for Obama for one main reason: he's black.

I know that sounds bad, and I did have more legitimate reasons I voted for him. But in all honesty, I wanted to see that glass ceiling shattered. I will always believe that was a great thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What made me decide?

The right wing madness.

link   
I voted for Obama in 2008 and I will most likely be voting for him again in 2012. I'm sure some will say I'm 100% going to vote for him...but he hasn't even started campaigning yet and maybe he comes out with some policies I don't support. But judging from right now...yes I am voting for him.

The reason? Because he is doing exactly what he said he would do if elected. He has fully kept 34% of his promises...promises he fully stated would take 2 terms to complete. So 34% 3.25 years into his presidency is a very acceptable rate for me. If you look at those promises that he had to compromise to get passed and along with those he fully succedded in getting done...that goes up to a 44%. Along with that, he has another 30% of his promises in the works.

Just by this above information, anyone who voted for Obama in 2008 should have no problem voting for him in 2012.

If you voted for Obama in 2008 and you are against him now...that just means that you were simply not paying attention to what Obama was saying in 2008.

link   
my parents are both voting for Obama

I will be too, and so will my friends and their friends

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You're right, I didn't see him campaigning about stripping away our constitutional rights further than Bush. I didn't see him promising more transparency nor did I see him campaigning for "change."

All I got was Bush 2.0, if anyone truly believe this presidency was a "success" then there truly is no hope for this country.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You're right, I didn't see him campaigning about stripping away our constitutional rights further than Bush. I didn't see him promising more transparency nor did I see him campaigning for "change."

All I got was Bush 2.0, if anyone truly believe this presidency was a "success" then there truly is no hope for this country.

Specifics would be nice.

What has he done that is 100% against what he campaigned for?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i chose to use my right to not vote in 2008 on the presidency and i will be doing the same this year. Just seeing all the corruption, even on the smaller levels of city government deters me to believe there is an ultimate purpose of my single vote. Why also vote when my choices are so limited. Just like south park parodied for the 2004 election. You could either vote for the douche or the turd. Neither one having the benefit of society as a whole.

In 2008 i wanted to vote for Dennis Kucinich, but he had no chance in hell to win the presidency. Whoever has the most power from interests will win the election regardless of any of your votes.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

So, why did you vote for him in 2008?
Are you serious? I would never have voted for that crap bag. He is an admitted marxist. Marie Antoinette(AKA Mrs O) was quite open about her hatred of America. That "church" the O's attended told me more than enough about what kind of people they were, and the fact that he is a product of the Chicago political machine said even more. There was absolutely no reason to vote for this person.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
No, you are absolutely correct: The current POTUS isn't totally to blame for the current gas price crisis that will be the straw that breaks the economic camel's back. Except for any war-mongering tendencies that contribute to the problem. That DOESN"T mean he isn't a sorry-butted, worthless shill. How could any thinking person miss that?

Every POTUS inherits the B.S. of the past. When we will get one that flips the prostituted paradigm that America has become? That IS the question. Never, I guess.

Rome is burning and our politicos--of all ilk--are the Nero. Fiddle-Dee-Dee...while it all burns down and exhibiting a natural talent for "finger-pointing." NWO just around the corner. After the chaos that is.

Us, the common man, too. We are, maybe, even more culpable than our shallow, sold-out, wimpy politicians..

Obama, however, isn't the kind of democrat that we remember from back in tha' day. He's a product of all that is wrong with our country and and just as guilty as Bush and Company in his own way. Maybe worse because he does have more "charisma" in our sad pop-culture society.

He's as shallow a puppet as we've seen in the last 40 years. Just smoother. A long-legged mack-daddy as one pundit put it. Pimpin' yes, a man for the people, no.

I have refused to vote for many years and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Would I rather see a Romney instead of Obama...that's a moot point ultimately.

I refuse to vote demo or repub these days except for the good doctor; Ron Paul. And, of course, he's not really a Republican...just a real patriot trying to make a difference.

I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils...I prefer to wait for a higher-power, or kismet, if you prefer, to work it all out.

Myself and others saw the shill Obama coming from a long way off, however, I respect his previous supporters who have now admitted they were wrong about the dude.

It is, I'm sad to say, all over but the crying.

Maybe we'll decide not "to eat cake" and have a real 4th of July party along the way. Now THAT would be some really cool fireworks.

edit on 17-3-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hey that video didn't mention anything about BP's oil spill... Or the fact we're still bombing Pakistan, then Libya, and possibly Syria and Iran in the future. Of course I know this is a political campaign video trying to make Obama look good (and in some regards I do respect his decisions). But they make the other side look heartless, especially when it comes to opposing the bailouts, when in reality there were good reasons to oppose such things. Inflation and an outstanding debt which could lead to our country defaulting is potentially a much larger problem then losing a couple automotive companies and some banks.

I didn't vote for him for such reasons last time and I will write in Ron Paul's name this time. No video narrated by Tom Hanks will change my mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I supported, but did not vote for, Obama in 2008 if that counts. But since then my views have evolved. Basically, I neither support Obama now nor would he receive my vote this year. It is not that he failed to fulfill his campaign promises; rather it is that he did fulfill many of them – at least in essence. That is my same fear about Republicans; they will likely fulfill their campaign promises or break them to do something which is even more repulsive.

The GOP has yet to learn anything from the Bush years on their catastrophic foreign policy of ‘preventative’ war and obsession with helping the Wall Street financial oligarchy. Democrats are, well, no need for me to even get into that. So, no one will receive my vote this Presidential election for many reasons, but specifically because not a single one of them are worth voting for.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join