It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Obama voters of 2008 will be voting Obama again in 12?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
After reviewing extensively (far more so than this inspiring, yet concise video,) I will be voting for President Obama in the upcoming election. I don't believe the value of a leader can be equated to summerizations of his downfalls or successes. That goes for the incumbent as well as those running. This president, unlike others, has made a positive impact in my life by enacting legislation that benefits my studies and my healthcare. And to be honest, I don't see a worthy opponent, or I would probably be a little more torn.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I didn't vote for anyone in 2008...although i was actually leading towards McCain at the time. Didn't like Obama at all.

This year however i will be voting for Obama.

All 4 GOP candidates want to privatize social security and medicare...many of their positions are incredibly extreme.

I won't vote for that.

They claim Obama is the radical...but in reality it's them.
edit on 17-3-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Voted for him in '08 and will most likely vote for him again this year. He's carrying a lot of baggage and just about all of my disappointment with him are directly tied to him just not being more stern with his goals (the patient protection act comes to mind).

As far as the liberty-killing things he signed, I just scratch my head as I did with Bush and those before him. It's the one thing I have no come back for when Obama haters bring it up. I feel most of them are pretty justified in their anger about some of the things he turned a blind eye to.

Unless, of course, his opponent adopts a Dr Paul-esque foreign policy, I'm probably gonna stick with the demon I know rather than the one I don't.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

your post is funny cause of your picture on your avatar, you hate corps but are voting obama lol

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

The unfair part of it is you get what you want(health,education) at someone else expense....I've been used by the 1% already rather not be used by 99% too. I voted for Obama in 08 as did all my family and friends but we have no intentions on doing it again.

edit on 18-3-2012 by txraised254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

your post is funny cause of your picture on your avatar, you hate corps but are voting obama lol

Actually, he's be far the least friendly to corporations than all the other candidates.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Both the husband and I will be voting for him this year, and I know a number of my friends are. Given all the nonsense the Republicans gave him (and I find it hilarious that he's blamed for things the Republicans started) I think he's done a good job.

I do follow various (nonpartisan) sources that track politicians' records. He's done a decent job.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by txraised254

...Its hard for me to conger in my mind the people who are put at a disadvantage because I have heath insurance and an education. I want to be a social worker. People who are already established in their career pay taxes, a small amount of which may be given to my education. Guess what? People did the same for them when they were in school. It's been that way since the establishment of community colleges. Why is it hard for me to see whats wrong with that? Well, fortunately of unfortunately, people my age will become the next generation of working professionals. Which means we will be contributing to society and investing our money in others education. Devastating, just devastating.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
...but he hasn't even started campaigning yet

Obama campaign quietly revs up push to win Florida

To recap: Obama has golfed at least 92 times as president, used his American Jobs Act and now high gas prices as an excuse to make speeches across the country as part of his “official business” … and attended some 100 fundraisers during his first term in office.

Nobody blames Obama for wanting to win reelection. As just one reason I’d expect him to want to campaign again, he promised that his administration wouldn’t rest ”until every American who is able and ready and willing to work can find a job.”That’s certainly not gonna happen in his first term — hence the need for another. (Although … If he promised he wouldn’t rest, why all the golf?) No, what’s bothersome is that Obama actually thinks he can pass off his reelection efforts as “official business.

Jay Carney: Obama really doesn’t campaign that much

Star for your humor BTW........................

Edit to add: My father,Die Hard Democrat, WONT be voting for Obama again,because of his disastrous Jobs Program........
edit on 18-3-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I will be writing in Ron Paul if he isn't the nominee and is available. Otherwise it would be hard to vote for psyco Santorum or fraud Romney. I did not vote for Obama in 2008 and definitely won't this election.
edit on 18-3-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
Both the husband and I will be voting for him this year, and I know a number of my friends are. Given all the nonsense the Republicans gave him (and I find it hilarious that he's blamed for things the Republicans started) I think he's done a good job.

I do follow various (nonpartisan) sources that track politicians' records. He's done a decent job.

Yea! Like doubling our debt! Awesome!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Why would I vote for someone who wants to take away my freedoms? Why would anyone for that matter?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Interesting. I consider him to be the biggest disaster of a "president" this nation has ever seen. He has even outdone bush when it comes to stripping us of our liberties and trashing the Constitution. How can such a traitor to the foundation of our governmental system be a "decent president" in your mind? Would hitler have been a "decent president" to you?

I see the the above, often voiced view, a result of a steady diet of right wing rhetoric littered with "emotional" buzz words, but lacking in substance. On the rare occassions where a modicum of substance is offered to support such accusations, that substance seems to be founded on falsehoods and over-reaching guilt by association.

What liberties have been stripped under the current administration?
Where has the constitution been trashed?

Honestly, no offense, but your post seems to demonstrate a whole lot of "hitler" "liberties" "Freedoms" etc.. and no substance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join