It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Refineries Close, Pushing Gas Prices Higher

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

U.S. Refineries Close, Pushing Gas Prices Higher

www.newser.com

Add one more victim to the soaring price of petroleum - refineries.
Yes, despite gas prices rising another 6% in February, refineries
in the US Northeast are shutting down because they are losing
money, reports the Wall Street Journal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This headline spells the end of the Obama presidency.

The oil refineries do not have the capability to refine low

quality oil from Venezuela . It has high sulfur content.

Instead of making improvements Sunoco is just trying to sell

the whole refinery.

It's over. The high price of gas is the Achilles heel of

President Obama. Killing the Keystone Pipeline and giving us

solutions like Algae have Americans fuming. The DNC phone call

to Hillary Clinton is imminent.

www.newser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

As much as many of us wish it to be true....it's not.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

oh no... I agree with paradox? Well, that's a paradox. Wait what's a Dox? And why are there TWO!!! ?

haha.

This is really bad news for me personally. Especially If/when? Israel strikes Iran... I have about $20 extra a month as it is. guess I can turn off the internet if gas goes up much more...

If I stop posting you'll know why.
edit on 3/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Just watch the Obama approval rating. Right now it's 41%.

When it hits 39%, he will head for the golf course and let Hillary take over.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by paradox

oh no... I agree with paradox? Well, that's a paradox. Wait what's a Dox? And why are there TWO!!! ?

haha.

This is really bad news for me personally. Especially If/when? Israel strikes Iran... I have about $20 extra a month as it is. guess I can turn off the internet if gas goes up much more...

If I stop posting you'll know why.
edit on 3/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Try a WiFi hotspot at Panera Bread.

There are always alternatives. Also the hazelnut coffee is great!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I could give a # about Obama..... I live on the Gulf Coast and pay $3.97...

That's freaking crazy to me. I just lived in Atlanta and right before I moved I filled up for $4.19 a gallon. I couldn't imagine my Chicago, New York, and West Coast comrades prices right now..

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

That's freaking crazy to me. I just lived in Atlanta and right before I moved I filled up for $4.19 a gallon. I couldn't imagine my Chicago, New York, and West Coast comrades prices right now..

Obama should have approved the Keystone Pipeline.

He is doomed.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Just watch the Obama approval rating. Right now it's 41%.

When it hits 39%, he will head for the golf course and let Hillary take over.

True. While his approval rating may not be the best, I still think it'll blow Romney out of the water.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Obama should have approved the Keystone Pipeline.

He is doomed.

Are you assuming that oil from the Keystone pipeline would be used to fortify the US fuel supply and provide affordable gas to our citizens????

I can't help not to be under the impression that the oil will be going to the highest bidder--out of country, where it's already going...

Maybe if gas reaches $6-10 per gallon we'll start to see our own supply ending up in our pumps.

At least, that's what I've gathered.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

If gas hit's $5.00 here in Houston, we're packing our bags and moving to Chicago, and using bikes.... It would balance itself out.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

Go to GasBuddy.com.

Go to a 5 year chart. You will see a steep drop in the price of gas around July 2008.

President George W. Bush lifted the moratorium on off shore drilling.

The - speculators - swung into action and forced down the price of oil / gasoline.

Gas fell from $4.10 to $1.61 a gallon. - Seek the truth -

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Tharsis

If gas hit's $5.00 here in Houston, we're packing our bags and moving to Chicago, and using bikes.... It would balance itself out.

I think Obama wants you to run out and buy a new Chevy Volt.

You would get better mileage from a new Honda Civic. It would also be more reliable.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Up here near Buffalo $3.99 per gallon off the Indian Reservation, $3.89 on. And this is just for regular 87 octane.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
No worries and just charge up the volts, install a windmill on the roof of the car, and reduce your carbon foot print! Back to reality, and yes the gas prices are a joke! Will the energy woes spell the end of the Obama Presidency come election time? I have a bad feeling it won't. People don't know why things seem to be off at the moment on multiple fronts, but they know Obama is their man. I have seen people go out of their way to taut the man amid abysmal failures on his part. I don't need to go over his record, because people should have a good idea what he has done up to this point. The irony of it all is that his campaign is being flooded with millions upon millions of dollars, and will be quite a formidable foe to any of the opposition's candidate.

I never would have thought we would be experiencing over 5 dollar a gallon gas, but that seems to be a reality? I would of thought any rational person would spear head more practical forms energy amid an ongoing economic crisis, and gradually phase in some of the more greener alternatives? I honestly don't believe the woes at the pump have any affect on the Obama Administration, because I have not seen any subsidence of the fanatical fervor by them about going green. I suppose we should start preparing for gas lines, fuel shortages, and waking up to empty tanks of gas in the morning as result of thieves siphoning it away during the midnight hour. I expect this phenomenon to get worse before it gets better.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
No worries and just charge up the volts, install a windmill on the roof of the car, and reduce your carbon foot print! Back to reality, and yes the gas prices are a joke! Will the energy woes spell the end of the Obama Presidency come election time? I have a bad feeling it won't. People don't know why things seem to be off at the moment on multiple fronts, but they know Obama is their man. I have seen people go out of their way to taut the man amid abysmal failures on his part. I don't need to go over his record, because people should have a good idea what he has done up to this point. The irony of it all is that his campaign is being flooded with millions upon millions of dollars, and will be quite a formidable foe to any of the opposition's candidate.

I never would have thought we would be experiencing over 5 dollar a gallon gas, but that seems to be a reality? I would of thought any rational person would spear head more practical forms energy amid an ongoing economic crisis, and gradually phase in some of the more greener alternatives? I honestly don't believe the woes at the pump have any affect on the Obama Administration, because I have not seen any subsidence of the fanatical fervor by them about going green. I suppose we should start preparing for gas lines, fuel shortages, and waking up to empty tanks of gas in the morning as result of thieves siphoning it away during the midnight hour. I expect this phenomenon to get worse before it gets better.

Well, at least we have Energy Secretary Chu on our side.

Since it's an election year he has come to the recent decision that he no longer wants

the price of gasoline in America to be the same as Europes gas prices.

Back in 2008 he sang a different tune. Gas at $8 a gallon would be great.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The Chevy Volt still has a gas engine like the first gen Toyota Prius. It still needs gasoline to get around. Besides has anyone checked their electric bill after have to do a charge on any of these "electric" cars? I think it would put a bigger strain on the power grid this summer(with all of the A/Cs running and the summers getting hotter and staying warmer longer).

My .10 (it takes 5 cents to make a penny) LOL

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44

The Chevy Volt still has a gas engine like the first gen Toyota Prius. It still needs gasoline to get around. Besides has anyone checked their electric bill after have to do a charge on any of these "electric" cars? I think it would put a bigger strain on the power grid this summer(with all of the A/Cs running and the summers getting hotter and staying warmer longer).

My .10 (it takes 5 cents to make a penny) LOL

The Chevy Volt is charged by the power grid.

Most of the power generation comes from coal fired power plants.

The Chevy Volt is running on coal !

---------
Just get the new Honda Civic instead.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Oh yeah, don't get me started on Department of Energy Secretary, Stephen Chu. I was going to mention what he said, but I saw that a conveniently offered retraction was given by him recently. Thanks for bringing that up. What a guy huh? Yep, it is an election year and we will see more slime ooze from their mouths the closer we get to November. Thanks for the reply!
edit on 17-3-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I think Stephen Chu and Eric Holder will both have to resign for the DNC to have

any chance of remaining in power. They are both train wrecks.

You just have to watch what they say next.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join