It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Lessons from Einstein

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Thought I'd share these 10 quotes I came across on Paulo Coelho blog,always interesing to see how some great thinkers think,here they are,enjoy,,,,

1. Follow Your Curiosity “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”

2. Perseverance is Priceless “It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”

3. Focus on the Present “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”

4. The Imagination is Powerful “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”

5. Make Mistakes “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”

6. Live in the Moment “I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.”

7. Create Value “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”

8. Don’t be repetitive “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

9. Knowledge Comes From Experience “Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”

10. Learn the Rules and Then Play Better “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”

Link Lessons from Einstein

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
10 great tips from 1 great mind.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

I can only say I've made made the mistake of #8, one too many times in my short life.

S&F
edit on 16-3-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Holist1c

Now that's some serious wisdom right there!
The good old days of true science, thinkers and dreamers not (animal) torturers and screamers. One of my favourite quotes that is MISTAKENLY attributed to Einstein but is actually from Ernest Rutherford:

An alleged scientific discovery has no merit unless it can be explained to a barmaid.

These people weren't just clever, they were cerebral.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I can only say I've made made the mistake of #8, one too many times in my short life

I'm guilty off more than 1!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Did he really say those quotes though?

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”

I love that one. lol

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Inspirational! Thanks. Going to live a Saturday in the moment thanks to you and Einstein

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Thank you for this thread, I love these quotes. All of them uplifting and inspiring, something of which there is not enough these days. Anyone who denies the power of words like these isn't alive.

Thanks again!!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Great Thread.

I do have one Einstein quote that is my personal favorite.
When asked by a reporter what relativity was Albert said,

" Spend an hour with a pretty girl and it feels like a minute. Spend a minute with your hand on a hot stove and it feels like an hour. That's relativity!"

Thanks for the wordz.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Live in the Moment “I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.”

Something people have forgotten for long. Always in the chase of money for a secure future, lol.

Thanks for posting, OP. So true and powerful words there.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This made my whole day, OP, thank you for making me smile before bed time and believe me, truer words were never spoken, he was a genius in more ways than one!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This guy makes me want to be the best I can be. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
" Spend an hour with a pretty girl and it feels like a minute. Spend a minute with your hand on a hot stove and it feels like an hour. That's relativity!"

bc u r both free and existing, what u exist is to time objective fact, so all reality of ur existing sense so not urs

what u r free, is only to u out of all existence so notime there but what u stand for

so pretty girl to u could mean being ur living freedom only
but also if the pretty girl show being mean or stupid it could become ur living hell as free so u want to pass it to existence time

ur hand on heat so pain, is to all physical pains in existence so the time is always longer since concern everything and always negative to ur time as free
but some love objective pains as a sense of freedom they create themselves times through, so for them that pain could be not enough and they will mean to repeat it more and even love the idea to see their bodies in flames forever

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

which also prove what i say bein right, how freedom and existence is totally different facts while both true

freedom is the true present
existence is the truth sense

while freedom is true present only if it exists objectively
and existence is truth sense only if it is free out of truth existence facts, so as else to truth sense

truth is the value of absolute present and absolute objective

logically, what is absolutely present is never what is absolutely objective

what is absolutely present is itself
what is absolutely objective is noone

only truth is the reason of absolute present and absolute objective being both existing

which prove also how truth is opposed to the concept of one

there cant b existence so truth facts unless it involves more then one, and not necessarily two, since two is nothing as it is the denial of one

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

, star, and I think Einstein would approve...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holist1c
10. Learn the Rules and Then Play Better “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”

Jokes on us. We don't live long enough to learn all the laws and rules to the game of life. It's not like the laws and rules are required learning in schools. Heck, if we locked up all the current lawmakers and did not let them out until they collectively wrote down from memory all the existing laws word for word, do you honestly think they would live long enough to accomplish the task?

Don't know all the existing laws? Why pay people to make new ones?

Seems the ones playing better than anyone else aren't playing by the same rules, just constantly distracting those who are trying to.

But, I could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You can find out more about Einstein from the link below,,

Albert Einstein

I particularly enjoy reading about his more eccentric behaviours,,

his eccentricities included picking up discarded cigarette butts off the street in order to circumvent his doctor's ban on buying tobacco for his pipe, piloting his sailboat on windless days ("for the challenge"), and lecturing his 8-year-old nephew on physics (including a 2-hour exposition on the Newtonian properties of soap bubbles).

I also believe he used to wear odd socks
, I guess wearing odd socks was a fairly trivial matter to Einstein and tells us more about how he thinks.

Glad you enjoyed the quotes, they are uplifting.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I love this quote, it's so appropriate for these times

4. The Imagination is Powerful “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”

This is a huge problem in our current government controlled regimented academic system. Students need to be encouraged to be more imaginative. (Of course this is IMHO)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Off the top of my head, I think he said another one that I really try to take to heart..it goes something like this:

"You can't solve a problem using the same mindset that created it."

Something along those lines.

Thanks for the inspiration boost. It's a good idea, I think, to occasionally stop, and reflect on the things people say from time to time. Especially Einstein.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That's some pretty good rules to set yourself!
I want that printed and framed for my home as a daily reminder

S+F!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing with us....Another great thinker of his day was Nikola Tesla, if he had his way by now we would all be enjoying free, clean energy.

Some of his quotes:

“The spread of civilization may be likened to a fire; First, a feeble spark, next a flickering flame, then a mighty blaze, ever increasing in speed and power.”

“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.”

“Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”

"If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor."
Nikola Tesla

top topics

<<   2 >>

join