It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets Of The Craft From A Master Mason!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

It used to be that way, 2B1ASK1.
reply to post by g146541

Thanks for the info, it has been a long time since I was a mason.
When I was a Mason, it was still that way.
I have been approached in the last few years, reminding me that I am still welcome to return, just have to pay my dues. I am sure that they are having difficulties in keeping membership up, as the lodge I was in had been losing membership since I was made a Mason.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Any chance of a Mason answering my prior 2 posts and the courteous questions I asked in them ?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

If their motive is to help humanity then why do they limit who can join the cause and why do you have to believe in a greater being to be part of it? Are agnostic people or those that don't believe in a greater being not worthy of helping others?

Sorry. Let me answer you this way.

If you are agnostic or atheist, and you are looking at being made a Mason, you are barking up the wrong tree.

If you really don't have a problem with what they do and how they do it, go find a different tree to bark up. Why bark until you are hoarse, and there's not even a raccoon in the tree?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Any chance of a Mason answering my prior 2 posts and the courteous questions I asked in them ?
Sorry, I am no longer a Mason. But if you were known to me as a person of the caliber that can be a Mason, I would probably loan you the money to start your work. I certainly can't speak for anyone else.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by artistpoet
Sorry, I am no longer a Mason. But if you were known to me as a person of the caliber that can be a Mason, I would probably loan you the money to start your work. I certainly can't speak for anyone else.

I appreciate your response
Thank You

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

"You need to dedicate time and money to find out what we are about"
You've written the answer to your own question.

The dedication of time and money is what they are all about.

The only way that a man may better himself is to give of himself.

I don't disagree with you but in today's world you got to understand my skepticism about joining any organization that requires my time and money up front without me fully understanding or even being able to research its inner workings. That is what scams are made off and like I said I don't like being taken as a sucker even for a good cause.

edit on 13-3-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
what lodge do you attend?

I'm in Oriental Lodge #60 and Idaho Lodge of Research #1965

Originally posted by Scilon
I never once called Freemasonry a criminal group. You are delusional and prone to vitriolic attacks.

I'd like to refer you to your very first post on this thread on page 1:

It's now 2012 and we still allow secretive self-interested groups and organizations to place members into high places. Anyone who remains unaware of the crimes and more sinister side of Masonry at this point is either willingly lying or woefully ignorant of the Organizations history.

You say there is a criminal element to our Craft and made some charges prior to this, but have yet to say what they are. If you are to make accusations, you need to provide the evidence otherwise it's empty words. The burden of proof lies upon the accuser, not the accused; innocent until proven guilty, and all of that.

I have yet to see where mass, widespread criminal events that have occurred at the hands of Masonic bodies. The accusations I've seen against Masonry have been easily debunked, but any actual wrongdoing by a Masonic body is usually denounced by the rest of the Fraternity and Brethren. I am not going to do your homework for you so if you think there is a ton of record of Masonic criminality please post it.

Several times I have asked for proof of your accusations and each time you have refused. I can make accusations all day long without proof, but it doesn't make them true nor do I expect you to find the evidence I should have brought along with my accusation, as you should with yours. Period.

Don't you EVER wonder why we oppose you.

Paranoia? Ignorance? Jealousy? Extremist intolerance? I could go on and list every type of reason why people throughout history have opposed us. I mean just look at who has opposed us in the past: Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, Hamas, and the list of such infamous people/organizations goes on and on.

Originally posted by interupt42
All good things, but one great error in judgment I see wrong with the Masons is that they don't accept those who are truthful to themselves and others.

While it’s great that you accept all forms of religion you are discriminating without any factual evidence against those people who are honest enough to say to themselves and others “that we as humans have no idea if a greater power TRULY exist (GOD)”.

So now people of faith are not being truthful?

That is your opinion, to which you are entitled, but alas, opinions are not facts and that is the nature of things that we require men to be ones of faith.

To split hairs, everyone discriminates. Discrimination is merely choosing and holding preference for something. I prefer brunettes over blondes, I prefer Coke to Pepsi, and so forth. As a private organization though we are entitled to choose to what requirements we have for membership.

Freemasonry allows men of all faiths to join as we promote religious tolerance since our fraternity doesn't hold one over the other. The Lodge isn't a place for conversion nor the discussion of politics. We use a generic term for whatever you call god. It isn't a con.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
And in the York Rite, you promise to uphold and defend the principles of Christianity... hence why so many go the Scottish route.

I would like to make one clarification. Only in the Chivalric Orders are you required to be Christian. The Royal Arch and Cryptic degrees make no requirement, and I usually encourage as many as I can to go at least through the Royal Arch as it truly does complete the 3rd degree. Just my 2 cents.

I am in both Rites, but I am definitely much more involved in the York Rite.

reply to post by Egyptia

Nice try on attempting to twist his words, but that's not what he said.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Many who are not Masons also hold the same ideas such as you have stated. Or am I wrong in my simple analysis ?

You are not wrong. Just because you have a good system of morals doesn't mean that you must go join any organization. ( The Masons are all about morals, I have cast ballots to blackball a Master Mason that showed a lack of morals that would never have brought the Mason even a misdemeanor arrest.)

I guess I would ask which of these individuals have built, operate and maintain hospitals in most major cities in the US to provide for the care of poor children that need medical care. And research for cures for many childhood diseases?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Are Skull and Bones and other secretive groups or organizations such as Club of Rome and Bilderberg etc
Non Masonic or do they contain any Masons or have any connections with Masonry [I am guessing not) but would like your confirmation

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

If their motive is to help humanity then why do they limit who can join the cause and why do you have to believe in a greater being to be part of it? Are agnostic people or those that don't believe in a greater being not worthy of helping others?

Sorry. Let me answer you this way.

If you are agnostic or atheist, and you are looking at being made a Mason, you are barking up the wrong tree.

If you really don't have a problem with what they do and how they do it, go find a different tree to bark up. Why bark until you are hoarse, and there's not even a raccoon in the tree?

I'm not barking. I have no desire to join any Mason organization even though they appear to do good charity work.

IMO I think Mason are being suckered just like Scientologist , but at least it appears to be for a good cause. If I recall in one of your previous post you said you joined because you wanted to find out the truth about Masons. So one of the appeal for you was its secrecy, which got you to dedicate time and money to get higher up the tree. Sounds like you barked until you got hoarse and retired from it from one of you previous replies.

I'm just very skeptical of the Mason organization and it sounds like a pay(time and money) to play group that employs the allure of secrecy for monetary gain. IMO whether its for good or bad is irrelevant.

What would give you the idea that I would want to be a Mason? I'm not barking up any tree.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Again thank you for your response - It helps clarify what other Masons also say

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I don't disagree with you but in today's world you got to understand my skepticism about joining any organization that requires my time and money up front without me fully understanding or even being able to research its inner workings. That is what scams are made off and like I said I don't like being taken as a sucker even for a good cause.
Then by all means, do not become a Mason.

They are not going to be offended. They will continue to do their work. I wasn't trying to be mean earlier. Just saying, if you think you can do better than they do for poor children, have at it. If the organization you create is a noble one, you will attract a lot of people, I am sure.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The Skull & Bones, Bilderberg, and other organizations do not belong under our fraternity, and vice versa, but I'm sure there are members who are also members of others. I'm sure there are Bonesman who are Masons. I can't name anything, but my mind is tired (midterm's "hurray").

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

IMO I think Mason are being suckered just like Scientologist , but at least it appears to be for a good cause. If I recall in one of your previous post you said you joined because you wanted to find out the truth about Masons. So one of the appeal for you was its secrecy, which got you to dedicate time and money to get higher up the tree. Sounds like you barked until you got hoarse and retired from it from one of you previous replies.

I wasn't misled by any Mason when I joined. On the contrary, they warned me that if I was looking for power and monetary gain, I was barking up the wrong tree. I was looking for something that wasn't there, and they let me know that up front.

As far as the secrecy goes, there is none. I covered that in another post.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

Do masons care that their prestigious group has been infiltrated by scum and used to veil the plans of the New World Order?.....

I would have suspected they would have cared more :/

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

The Skull & Bones, Bilderberg, and other organizations do not belong under our fraternity, and vice versa, but I'm sure there are members who are also members of others. I'm sure there are Bonesman who are Masons. I can't name anything, but my mind is tired (midterm's "hurray").

That helps clarify a few things for me. I personally think there are good and bad (for want of better terms) people in all organizations. I understand that Masonry welcomes good intent and guards against ill intent. Though I understand not everything is black and white - I wish you well in your work

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

Could you back any of this up? I mean, it's easy to make accusations, but it is another to prove it. Who exactly are the scum?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
All masons are aware of the game of the grand illusion we call 'reality'.
They are part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

So now people of faith are not being truthful?

No I didn't say that people of faith are bad or intentionally dishonest. However, If you believe your faith to be a fact then you could say that you are not being 100% truthful to yourself. Instead your are going with a gut feeling as facts when it comes to faith. If you had facts you wouldn't need faith to make the leap.

That is your opinion, to which you are entitled, but alas, opinions are not facts and that is the nature of things that we require men to be ones of faith.

Exactly, your opinion(faith) is not a fact.

However, that is your club and you have the freedom to pick and choose who you let in. I just think its silly like any other religion or organization that frowns upon opposing views when they all have the same argument based on faith which is basically a gut feeling.

The facts are that we have no scientific proof that a higher entity exists or doesn't exists. So basically we just don't know and anything other than that is just a speculation. Therefore, IMO one of your clubs rules are based on a speculation.

So I ask what is so important about believing in a higher being, so much so that you are willing to not accept those that disagree with you?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join