It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Massacre' in Homs leaves 45 women, children dead, Syrian activists say, CNN Manipulation Tactics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
CNN

Hadi Abdallah, a spokesman for the Syrian Revolution General Council, told CNN there were 47 victims -- all stabbed to death and burned after "Syrian forces and thugs" stormed their homes.

CNN cannot independently confirm reports of casualties or attacks in Syria because the government has severely restricted the access of international journalists.

Go to the Comment page and see all Pro War People saying we need to lunch the air strikes at assad, and some people are already agreeing with Sen John McCain.

It seems to me that CNN Manipulation Tactics Worked yet again and people are falling for it. And also notice a guy claiming to be Rick Ledford from Facebook is actually posting on the CNN with comments such as these.

Lose the dictators and you'll lose Islamic militancy.

Most likely only Assad, rebels have no arms, and if they have its only for self defense

Sam Syria says its only for self defense? you have to be joking

DONT forget , Assad family is evil . His father killed 400000 in city of Hama before 30 years . Assad family history of all crimes against humanity .

Arab Spring has changed that. It's a new world.

Arab Spring is the hope of a peaceful world. The age of dictators is ending.

So ATS what you make of this? has CNN mind Manipulation Tactics Worked? its funny how CNN says that they cannot independently confirm reports of casualties or attacks, sigh i wonder why they cant? but yet they take the rebels reports as a fact.

This is why i stopped watching CNN and in one of the comments a person replied and said John McCain is a hero to him.

Honestly cant believe that there are that many clueless people that dont understand whats going on yet? i mean like this comment Lose the dictators and you'll lose Islamic militancy? What about the Muslim brotherhood? surely they will be different right? in which i doubt they will.

So ATS what think of This? did CNN worked its Magic of Manipulation? or are some of those posters on there paid agents?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

its funny how CNN says that they cannot independently confirm reports of casualties or attacks, sigh i wonder why they cant?

Because they could end up in jail or dead.

If Syria wants credible journalism reflecting the state of their country, they shouldn't have outlawed it.

In Syria, the media is primarily owned and controlled by the government and the ruling Baath party.

In 2006, Reporters Without Borders ranked Syria among the thirteen “enemies of the Internet,”6 and in 2007 it described Syria as the biggest prison for cyber-dissidents in the Middle East because of the number of arrests and mistreatments of online activists

.... Internet café operators must keep a record of their clients’ names and IDs as well as when they use the Internet, to present to the authorities on request. ....

Big brother anyone?

The constitution of Syria provides for freedom of speech and of the press, but the Syrian government restricts press freedom with repressive laws such as the Emergency Law which was put in place December 1962 and broadly mandates the censorship of various forms of communication; the 2001 Press Law which sets out sweeping controls over publications printed in Syria; articles 286 and 287 of the penal code which criminalize spreading news abroad; and Decree No. 6 of 1965 criminalizes “publishing news aimed at shaking the people’s confidence in the revolution.”21

Source
edit on 12-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
anything to take the spotlight of the US serviceman murdering 16 afghan civilians.. eh?

American media at its best!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
anything to take the spotlight of the US serviceman murdering 16 afghan civilians.. eh?

Yup by the way my fellow check out this twitter page, a government agent?

There is a guy on twitter calling himself shonvien and look at his tweets.

i wonder how many such spambot, spies are on the internet spreading pro regime propoganda

Now on Al Jazeera Syria Live Blog: User accounts get blocked, Spambot accounts of Assad supporter still running. Thank you Al Jazeera!

And doesn't this guy know that Al Jazeera is a mouthpiece for Qatar? and was even funded by its king? i guess not apparently.

go to cnn go to the syria article read the comments, it is not ignorance, people are actually supporting syria gov

This user has also replied to a person calling him self Syrian Commando? oh and again his reply

and we have a page " support to gaddafi by people of serbia "

Now this is for analysis but its Funny that he would support the Syrian Opposition even though he knows nothing of them nor what took place in Bosnia.

Well i am not surprised its result of our mainstream news networks and there reporting on this, dont get me wrong i am against on whats happening in Syria.

But Right now the Middle east is a mess.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I really have to ask something on this story and so many like it.... Are Syrian 'Men Folk' somehow adverse to protecting their women and children? Do they just kinda write them off and decide it's an acceptable loss?

I ask this because it always seems to be women and children in these unconfirmed reports we're always told about in breathless terms. It's never men and women. Oh, unless their supposed to have been old frail men, of course.

So...are men just leaving their families for dead in record numbers these days as they run for their lives and vanish? ....or could these stories have some pretty *BIG* factual gaps...if not total fabrication in some cases?

When did CNN and the majors start running unconfirmed reports so frequently on something that may end of with scores of people killed in a war? We used to have news, not newstainment.

EPIC fail on CNN. Bad bad CNN. tsk tsk

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Obviously the timeliness (and the afghan incident coming first) shows the US propaganda

i mean, didnt Bush and Obama announce we pulled out of Afghanistan 10 times or so already?

and NINE of those 16 'civilians' were KIDS. noticed the US media just label them all 'civilians' yet the propaganda against Syria stresses women and kid deaths' go figure..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
New comment

NATO needs to intervene ASAP in Syria.

Who knew? i did i am not surprised they want NATO after the mess they left in Libya.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
That whole Syrian army attacking civilian tatgets idea doesn´t make sense at all.

There is no tactical or polictical advantage gotten from bombing or shelling random civilian targets by the Syrian militairy.

I like how the media is always talking about surrounded towns when they never have footage of anything else but a group of twenty people in some alley with 3 shooting an AK into oblivion, just like in Libia.

Or some Arabian guy that is calling for NATO to help them in perfect English.

What a load of BS.
edit on 12-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

NATO can try .It could lead to decimation of Turkey and Israel along with Syria.Also,NATO will have survive the nuclear and biological arsenal of the Russian Federation too.Chances of that are nil.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Same media in most countries.

Pretty amazing one guy can be mistaken by witnesses as lots of soldiers ?! and one guy can gather and burn multiple corpses after the incident ?!

How stupid are we ?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Ready the bombs, tbh.

NATO should have started the bombing LOOOOOOOONG time ago.

Russia will do nil, they are a bunch of yelling kids.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I really have to ask something on this story and so many like it.... Are Syrian 'Men Folk' somehow adverse to protecting their women and children? Do they just kinda write them off and decide it's an acceptable loss?

I ask this because it always seems to be women and children in these unconfirmed reports we're always told about in breathless terms. It's never men and women. Oh, unless their supposed to have been old frail men, of course.

So...are men just leaving their families for dead in record numbers these days as they run for their lives and vanish? ....or could these stories have some pretty *BIG* factual gaps...if not total fabrication in some cases?

When did CNN and the majors start running unconfirmed reports so frequently on something that may end of with scores of people killed in a war? We used to have news, not newstainment.

EPIC fail on CNN. Bad bad CNN. tsk tsk

Lets assume the men are fighting the syrian army, then it aint weird just woman and children are being killed as the men aren't in the house when they came by
This is just a guess as I highly doubt theres even a big civil war going on over there

Over here we get to see the same prpaganda cnn serves us and tbh it suks and is getting old.. Seen it with afghanistan, iraq, libya and now syria and iran.. As soon Obama gets elected president again we ( yes all of us NATO countries) will have a go at syria and after that iran wether china and russia like it or not

This is a sick world we live in

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

Go ahead try it.NATO has not started war for a reason or it could have tried a libya in syria long ago. Russia is near completion of 5000 new underground nuclear bunkers for civilians in Moscow.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If Syria wants credible journalism reflecting the state of their country, they shouldn't have outlawed it

and u think the us does... the us ranks about 50 with media censorship

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

considering that Thiery Myessan of voltaire network and other alternative and african news media are believing that Reuters is staffed with CIA/mi6 agents ,its no surprise that Syria doesn't want them there.

www.mathaba.net...?related

edit on 12-3-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Syria is the next step for the Nile till Furat Zionist agenda.

All the anti-Zionists are helping Syria to find it's settlement.

But Zionist (war-mongers take the beneficiary of this situation).

Israel is the war-monger and a threat to whole middle eastern countries.

Only Zionist deny that Israel is the country bullying , massacring and owning unnumbered nuclear warheads. Simultaneously trying to make Middle Eastern nations unstable.

for the Zionists all over the ATS :

Real Zionists please stand up !!!

Were coming for you Zionists.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by boncho

If Syria wants credible journalism reflecting the state of their country, they shouldn't have outlawed it

And Americans do the rankings (or their puppets ? )

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

What does your replay have to do anything to do with the OP? Just another platform to spread hate? Not nice.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by boncho

Reporters without borders lists the US at 20 (lower being good), Syria on the other hand, is listed at 173.

Source

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hey boncho...

"Reporters Without Borders released its 2011-2012 global Press Freedom Index. The indicators for press freedom in the U.S. are dramatic, with a downward movement from 27th to 47th in the global ranking, from the previous year. Much of this is correlated directly to the arrest and incarceration of American journalists covering the 'Occupy' protest movements in New York and across the country. 'This is especially troubling as we head into an election year which is sure to spark new conflicts between police and press covering rallies, protests and political events.' Only Chile, who dropped from 33 to 80, joined the U.S. in falling over 100% of their previous ranking. Similarly, Chile was downgraded for 'freedom of information violations committed by the security forces during student protests.'"

yro.slashdot.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join